Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Morale is Rock Bottom? How do you feel about the state of the Sims

simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
I know this is a low point for some people right now, so I wanted to take a quick temperature reading on how everyone is feeling in general.

Rate your satisfaction with EA and the state of The Sims franchise.
He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Morale is Rock Bottom? How do you feel about the state of the Sims

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    My morale is rock bottom. I'm continually disappointed, and I question if things will improve
    I only feel positive about past games.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited March 2022
    My morale is low. It's going to take significant work by EA and The Sims to get me satisfied and trusting the team again
    The game is starting to feel really old. Unless Maxis are adding some larger changes for The Sims4 I would prefer that they move on now instead.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I'm an unwavering supporter of EA and the Sims. I'm extremely satisfied right now
    Unwavering is like a Sims 4 addict, right? No matter what, I still play and am extremely happy when playing, bringing my own imagination to the game and making it fun for myself, with or without bugs, functional objects, mods or even new gameplay. This is probably not a good thing. Maybe I should be more "meh".
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,823 Member
    I'm an unwavering supporter of EA and the Sims. I'm extremely satisfied right now
    I think they should forget about sims 5 and keep sims 4 running, with a more permanent crew so theres continuity.
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • DollhouseCompanyDollhouseCompany Posts: 35 Member
    I love the sims 4 and the game amuses me greatly. My morale is really good. I am not too upset about Wedding stories, because i have all the other packs besides Baatu.So there is lotssss to do an accomplish. I had an extremely rough year (in real life) last year and some personal losses, so i simply cant get too bothered over things like something being glitchy in a video game. Most everything else works and is ready to go when i am.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited March 2022
    My morale is low. It's going to take significant work by EA and The Sims to get me satisfied and trusting the team again
    I love the game but its really hard to keep positive with game the way it is at the moment

the game repairs have been delayed for months now and game is more bugged than ever with horrid lag and glitches to go

also the new pack gameplay is completely bugged and/or broken which shakes it all off balance even more

ofcourse i don't blame this on devs/gurus it's not their fault that the resources aren't there

its just very disappointing
    and i really hope game is fixed soon

because i don't want sims 4 to crash and burn i still want to be able to play it for ages and get excited for new content but i know i just cannot be when the game doesn't work and its hardly playable

so I shall hibernate until better news
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I still want to support Sims 4, but I don't have a lot of have faith that things will get better.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    The only issue I have regarding The Sims is getting into Sims4 again like I have recently, trying to become part of the community as enthusiastically as I feel about it, but seeing everyone complaining about things everywhere I go. It's really putting me off wanting to be part of the community, it's not going to be somewhere I'll feel the joy of the game, and I should just continue to enjoy it on my own.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I'm very happy with my currently for the most part working and heavily modded game. I also have enough plans and ideas to not get bored anytime soon.

However, I cannot trust the sims team to understand my playstyle (if they did, I wouldn't need half of my mods) or their own game. If they played Sims 4 themselves, after work, and as intensely as the average simmer, then they'd known better than to release a GP that is so easily sabotaged by the finnicky routing and multitasking.

Perhaps I should have voted that I'm a happy camper, but I'm afraid I don't really enjoy Sims 4, but only my customized Sims 4 with mods.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 2022
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    I am very happy.

I do have minor concerns about the future just in how much more stuff is coming and how it’s all going to integrate and work.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    My morale is rock bottom. I'm continually disappointed, and I question if things will improve
    I gave up on this game with the release of Discover University. The only thing that keeps me going with this franchise is Sims 2. That's the only game I actually look forward to opening Origin for these days. I even take breaks from it but that's because I have other games to play on my phone and Switch. But when I get bored with those games, I come right back to Sims 2. Sims 3 or 4 don't excite me like 2 does.
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I feel "meh" right now. I'm neither dissatisfied or satisfied with The Sims franchise
    Meh. They will never go above or beyond what they are now.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    My morale is fine however because I just don't care, but the second part stands true.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2022
    I have a long loving relationship with ts4. It has my full support. It's loads of fun and I would love to see many more years of it. There is so much potential and so much stuff to add! And we need zoooommbbiieesss!! Performance is top noch on my PC and rarely do I get bugs. The few I encounter never stopped me from working around it and continuing on.
    Even dine out that people complain about is fine for me. I'm genuinely confused about the complaints. I played it a few days ago when a friend offered my sims to go by invite to a star wars restaurant. The only thing I noticed is that one of the workers spawned with my sims standing outside. But he went in and started working. I got a table, ordered my food. Me and the friend chatted, we danced, the food came, we ate. My celebrity showed up with a lobster costume and started inciting cheers that was amusing 🤭 he wouldn't give me a hug or a selfie so I sprayed him with stink spray.
    Danced with my friend some more then went home. Everything was so smooth that I literally don't understand what the problem is.
    Even my friend didn't run of like uncontrolled sims do as if you're not together when you go out with them. He did get up to dance for a bit because he has the dance trait but he came back to me right before the food came.

But anyway, I'm extremely satisfied with everything at this point 😌 if I didn't love it I wouldn't enage in sims content, I'd go do one of my other hobbies.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I think the only reason I still play is for the modding community. If mods werent an option for me, I'd be long gone.
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    The only reason I can play this broken mess of a game is thanks to the tireless efforts of the modding and CC community. I feel as though I'm fighting with the game constantly. I don't want situational outfits, I don't want random kids making messes in my park, I don't want smelly, ill pets wandering around town, I don't want them constantly dropping everything to wash their hands or drink because EA put hidden motives in the game and made them decay incredibly quickly.

I could keep going, but I won't.

I hate how easy it is to make my sims happy, I hate the focus on realism over the wacky urban fantasy of previous games, I hate how shallow all the packs feel.

At the moment the only ways EA could get back my faith is by releasing TSM2 or rereleasing TS3 but optimised for modern machines.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I feel "meh" right now. I'm neither dissatisfied or satisfied with The Sims franchise
    It is what it is.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't see things getting better. Have they? If there were not mods to 'fix' things and or to improve things how many of us would be playing the vanilla game waiting on the next patch to make it 'better'. ?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I think of life as being like a roller coaster with many ups and downs. Sometimes things don't go well, but most of the time if you wait a while the tide turns. I have a favorite restaurant and really enjoy the good food there. A few times I was disappointed in the quality of the meal, but I still go there because the majority of the time the food is really good! If I enjoy something I am going to continue with it and Sims games are no exception. I still enjoy the older games, bugs and all. Yes I get frustrated but I am right back playing again, because I enjoy it. I was disappointed with how the gameplay in My Wedding Stories wasn't working so I didn't buy it. But now fixes are coming in the next few weeks, so I am going to get it. I know once fixed I am really going to be able to enjoy my Sims' weddings!
  • HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2022
    I’m somewhere in between low and rock bottom lol.. I want to love the game the way I use to but it’s a struggle. I have a little hope that somehow someway the Sims will surprise us with a really great pack and bug updates all across the board but with this last pack coming out the way it did I’m not sure . I feel really disappointed in the franchise and wonderful what the future will be for the sims if it continues this path.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I’ve been kind of feeling low since seeing the broken gameplay of the My (Buggy) Wedding Stories, but my hopes have been raised since the Laundry List bugs announcement, so I’m in between.

In general, if it wasn’t for My Wedding Stories being so broken, then I would have been pretty happy, since I do love Sims 4 and do enjoy a lot of the packs (and some kits). :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    It didn't used to be this low, but it's been in a perpetual downturn for the past 3 years at least. Post-Seasons but before RoM, I would've been just at 'meh' levels, I was still playing Sims 4 religiously (my game hours are a testament to that) but I didn't start to get real irked until MFP, which was insulting to me. Around the time before RoM though, I finally started getting into modded play because I was getting more unsatisfied with what the game and packs offered, but I was still a bit timid about full modded gaming. Post-RoM though, the state of the franchise became overbearing and the game bugs frustrated so much I actually took a small break for sometime, only playing occasionally but no longer believing I could play unmodded while still having fun. I also started getting a bit more invested in Sims 3 again.

I was notably absent up till about Snowy Escape, when I took a mild interest in Sims 4 again, but the whole Korean controversy and the bugs still unresolved along with the whole Star Wars debacle not too long after or before this, completely deterred me from Sims 4 entirely for a long while. I didn't even get a chance to even try the pack's gameplay before I decided, 'this isn't worth my time anymore' either. This was when I was starting to long for the gameplay of Sims 2 and even Medieval. The current situation around the world at the time didn't help either, but I simply found better things to play or do when Sims 4 used to fill that void.

Through that time, the Kits were revealed, and I was wholly reviled against them, but tried to get back into the game to finish what I left behind around last Thanksgiving 2021, but I only focused on updating my existing Sims and builds with the content I didn't have since then, and rarely played the actual game and even when I did, it was fully modded. By this year, over half of my mods folder are now bug fix mods, overhauls, and/or replacements and improvements to the game and its systems, and have become thoroughly repulsed with the state EA has let the Sims team become with the churning out of Kits that I still despise, the broken state of MWS upon release, and how EA itself wants to play politics blocking entire countries from accessing their products, that I've now started to turn much more favorably then I was to the franchise's promising competitors.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • shadowphantomnessshadowphantomness Posts: 9 New Member
    The only reason I chose 'meh' and not lower is because I honestly really loved the Cottage Living pack. Unfortunately, it was still quite buggy. I also love the modding community and all the fixes they add and beautiful custom content that is out there.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    The number of bugs the latest game pack launched with is concerning, but I look forward to playing after work everyday, and I'm currently having a lot of fun with it. Mods help too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top