Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 4 CHALLENGE LIST (Updated May 24, 2021)

Comments

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited October 2021
    Does anyone have a copy of my Rags to Riches guidelines, It was originally @mcrudd's rules, (I think) and I just modified them to add in some extra things and acknowledged her in my old blog. That is the only challenge I think I put straight onto my original blogger and now that has been removed for some reason, I don't have my version of it? If anyone kept it as a reference please could they send it to me here or in my PM, I would really appreciate it.

By the way, I've made a new Weebly blog with all my other gameplay challenges if anyone is interested. You can find them here...

Jen's Sims 4 gameplay challenges and competitions

They include:-

Shipwrecked!
    Livin' Life to the Max!
    Community Spirit
    At Witt's End gameplay
    Kris Kringle building Xmas activity (not a challenge just for fun)

@Meeshelby if you would like to edit the list of challenges with this new blog address, it may save some frustration by simmers that want to find them and can't.

• AntiquaAntiqua Posts: 106 Member
    edited November 2021
    Edit:
    Official Diminish the Torment Legacy Challenge rules, updated as questions arise, is here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/994291/diminish-the-torment-legacy-challenge-rules-and-lp/p1

@Karababy52
    as promised, I've started a separate discussion for my challenge here in the Sims Forum and am posting my Sims experiences there.

@lousymare, how is your play-through going? Did you win the challenge already?
    Post edited by Antiqua on
    How is the Haas family doing? Check out their struggles (and rules they have to follow) in this LP.
    And the Haas Family Tree, with some spoilers for the later chapters is made in the Plum Tree App.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Antiqua Thank you for letting me know you started a thread for your challenge, I found it and will read/comment on what you've done so far very soon. :)
  • SilverRavenWolfySilverRavenWolfy Posts: 23 Member
    So, I did a forum search here, and couldn't find anything on a challenge I am currently doing called The Forgotten Hollow Takeover Challenge. I didn't see it in the list, but I also didn't go back into past posts (forgive me, there are 54 pages and I am not too keen on going through them all). the original idea for the challenge was posted on Mod The Sims by Istalrii, but they never updated it, and there are some rules that have not been laid out (such as how aging up of offspring should go. I decided to use 100 baby challenge rules for that, just haven't updated the google doc I created for it). its an interesting challenge, and perfect for October;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f6bd7mi054-BEetH6FyPl6aCI4gIHwe9AGSCv0z9mP0/

That is the google doc with the rules in it. I will be updating it as I see fit. I think it still needs testing since, as I said, there were never any updates to the mod the sims thread by them after the original post.
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited October 2021
    Elderly love challenge --- I made a challenge for the elderly and its really fun to play

https://texastwangtonya.tumblr.com/

Elderly love challenge

Since there is not much gameplay with elders I made this challenge

Rules: You make Up to however many Elderly Sims you want up to 8 of course AS one passes add a new elderly sim mix it up with male and female

Put them in a home -- doesn't matter how much its pretty much so you can play elderly in clubs etc

To keep it going as one passes have a grave site so they can come visit

Make sure you add in activities like knitting cross stitching dancing something they would enjoy even if you have university add the ping pong table and have them play beer pong! it's fun to watch them
    Add in flower arranging and of course gardening and any other activity

Add clubs so they can all do certain activities

This is so they can enjoy their last years

OF course to make it fun have extremely different asperations and traits this will cause chaos - FUNNN

They can only share 1 bathroom though

2 IF there are 8

Add something where they can woo hoo

Hot tub Sauna woo hoo bush closet shower etc

This is somewhat of a community / retirement home for the elderly

Remember to put their grave on the lot so they can visit with the sims

They can only have volunteer or part time jobs

Any suggestions to spice it up let me know!

Life as an elder challenge
  • Rabellaka_SimmingRabellaka_Simming Posts: 46 Member
    It's coming up on Halloween, and I didn't really like the existing Vampire Legacy Challenges, so I made my own. Based on Pinstar's Legacy Challenge, but heavily modified.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/994749/rags-to-riches-vampire-legacy-challenge
  • MiraMagicMiraMagic Posts: 3 New Member
    I just posted my first challenge over at @miramagicsimming on Tumblr! The Sims 4 Completionist Legacy challenge, check it out!
    https://miramagicsimming.tumblr.com/post/665672744671870976/sims-4-completionist-legacy
  • TerryKasperTerryKasper Posts: 23 Member
    In case this thread is ever updated... Please consider adding my "Winterfest Spirit Legacy Challenge" to the list. It is a generational legacy challenge but could also be considered a holiday challenge. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995093/winterfest-spirit-legacy-challenge

Thank you!
    TerryCorvus @ Origin ID
    Kasp @ MTS
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Hoping to update ASAP! I'm in the process of finishing my degree, so life has been crazy busy. Thank you all for your patience.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995199/pick-a-side-a-build-and-play-challenge

Check out my 'Pick a Side' build and play challenge

Pick a Side Challenge:
    Your Sim and his/her children have just escaped a terrible relationship. They have their starting (over) funds and not much else. Your Sim goes to a mobile home dealer and falls in love with a double wide mobile home. They ask the nice man; “Can I buy this one? It’s perfect for my family.” The salesman says: “Yes you can, but for now you have to pick a side. Your maximum budget of $18000 will only allow you to buy half of the home now. In time, when you earn more money, you can come back and purchase the other side.” Your Sim has a hard decision, the home will be cramped to start. Maybe they can get by with just a grill and buy the kitchen later? Maybe they will get an outdoor (debug) bathroom and use that? Maybe they need the kitchen but are willing to sleep in a tent for a while? Your Sim chooses one side of the mobile home, places it on their new lot and moves in with their children.
    Play the family until they can afford to buy the other half of the mobile home. Keep track of how many sim days this takes. Then, Place the opposite side of the house on a different lot and using another single parent family see how many days it takes for them to be able to afford the other side of their home.
    Whichever family can afford both sides of the house in the least number of Sim days wins.
    #pickasidechallenge
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Good luck with your degree @Meeshelby and take your time :)
  • CyberFae0306CyberFae0306 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi Meeshelby, I'm new to the world of blogging and I was wondering how I would create a page specific to my Sims 4 challenge I created?
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Hi Meeshelby, I'm new to the world of blogging and I was wondering how I would create a page specific to my Sims 4 challenge I created?

Most Sims 4 blogs seem to be either on custom content creator websites, on youtube as vlogs, or on tumblr.com. To do one on tumblr.com, sign up for a new tumblr account if you do not have a tumblr account already. Or, you could check out existing the Sims wikis to see if they have a section like the one you are looking for (be sure to read all the FAQs and newcomers guides before posting), or create a new wiki on a wiki farm. Wiki editing is fairly simple, and also lets you upload pictures and insert links.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • CyberFae0306CyberFae0306 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @SimsILikeSims said:
    > Most Sims 4 blogs seem to be either on custom content creator websites, on youtube as vlogs, or on tumblr.com. To do one on tumblr.com, sign up for a new tumblr account if you do not have a tumblr account already. Or, you could check out existing the Sims wikis to see if they have a section like the one you are looking for (be sure to read all the FAQs and newcomers guides before posting), or create a new wiki on a wiki farm. Wiki editing is fairly simple, and also lets you upload pictures and insert links.

Thank you so much! thats actually super helpful :) :)
  • Izzyboo1982_simsIzzyboo1982_sims Posts: 1 New Member
    So I think an AWESOME Challenge would be that we could have teen pregnancy without mods
  • SimmingSongbirdSimmingSongbird Posts: 4 New Member
    https://simmingsongbird.tumblr.com/post/670619279257960448/scents-legacy-challenge

This is a new challenge I created. It's a scents legacy challenge. I'd really appreciate it if you could check it out, try it, let me know your thoughts. Thank you so much!
  • Lé_Narraratora111Lé_Narraratora111 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi! I made my own challenge also (its a 6 generation legacy challenge "the Broadway challenge" based on musicals) is there any way I could get it added to the list?

Here it s for anyone interested https://mangoosmoothy.tumblr.com/post/672388814453587968/the-broadway-challenge-base-gamemod
  • OougaOouga Posts: 4 New Member
    The "Every Lot Challenge" Challenge. https://oouga.tumblr.com/post/673086925576552448/sims-4-every-lot-challenge-challenge

I came up with "official" rules based on James Turner's Let's Play (he is currently playing this challenge). I am not sure what else I need to do, please, to get this submitted as a Challenge.
  • I present to you: The 'Nobody Knows'/'Pippi Longstocking' Challenge.

Rules can be found here.
  • GLMGLM Posts: 17 Member
    This is a new challenge that I've created called the Alphabetto Legacy Challenge. It's an alphabet legacy with a twist - you have to randomize a romantic fate, number of pregnancies, ambition level, quirk, hobby, career, aspiration, traits, and housewarming gift for each heir. With so many variables to influence your heirs, each heir will be unique. Every generation starts out rags to riches style. If you have the romantic garden pack, the wishing well really helps keep things chaotic but the challenge can be modified by leaving out any of the options you don't have access to and be played with as many or as few packs as you want.

https://goodlilmousey.wordpress.com/2022/02/11/the-alphabetto-legacy-challenge/
  • lousymarelousymare Posts: 12 New Member
    https://goodlilmousey.wordpress.com/2022/02/11/the-alphabetto-legacy-challenge/

This looks amazing, GLM! You've put so much work into it. I can't wait to start playing this - I might also randomise the town for each generation too :)
    > @lousymare said:
    > https://goodlilmousey.wordpress.com/2022/02/11/the-alphabetto-legacy-challenge/
    >
    > This looks amazing, GLM! You've put so much work into it. I can't wait to start playing this - I might also randomise the town for each generation too :)

I do too that if there isn't an obvious place they should live. I also like to randomize the pets or they always get a dog. Good luck! I hope you enjoy it :)
  • Martine22Martine22 Posts: 2 New Member
    Idea for a new challenge, inspired by James Turner every lot challenge

Build a micro home on an empty lot.

You start with off-grid appliances, a chicken coop with 2 chickens, a cow.
    You can have an inflatable mattress to start.
    You can have a plot of land and 2 vegetable seed packet
    You can only have furniture that you make yourself, or that you get out of a dumpster
    You can only eat food that you grow or forage for yourself

Set your money to zero.

Set all the following lot challenges. You can remove the lot challenge as you reach the objectives in the table.

When all the objectives have been reached you "win".

Creepy Crawlies - Reach level 1 herbalism - make insect Repellent Liniment
    Cursed - Reach 5 logic and 5 handiness
    Filthy- Reach level 3 robotics and build a Cleaner Bot
    Gremlins- Upgrade an appliance to unbreakable and build a fixer-bot
    Grody - Reach level 5 herbalism - make tummy therapy
    Off-the-Grid - Reach level 5 maker
    Quake Zone - Get the fearless reward
    Reduce & Recycle - Permanent
    Simple Living- Get 5 gardening and 5 Cooking
    Spooky - Reach level 5 medium
    Volcanic Activity- Get the fearless reward
    Wild Foxes - Cottage Living Upgrade your kitchen coop with an alarm
    This is another challenge that I've created called the Starving Artist Legacy Challenge. This is a 10 generation challenge based on the creative careers in the Sims 4. The packs needed to play this challenge are: parenthood, seasons, moschino, get famous and spa day. City living and movie hangouts can make the gameplay more immersive but are not required.

https://goodlilmousey.wordpress.com/2022/03/01/the-starving-artist-legacy-challenge/
  • franka44021franka44021 Posts: 125 Member
    @GLM, the Starving Artist Legacy Challenge sounds really interesting. Can't wait to give it a try! Thanks for sharing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top