Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@CravenLestat Love the island!
    Thank you! Appreciate the compliment. I have graphics set high and try to frame the shot so it is interesting.

@texansky wow, serious cash for the bugs! :grin:
    Congrats on young adulthood!
    Love the night shot with the snow and holiday lights.
    Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying my pics of all those awesome builds from the Disney world.
    oh bummer that she didn't find him attractive.
    Oh I am so sorry that her Dad died. Glad it didn't happen when she was a teen.

@GraceyManor Enjoyed the chapter. Glad Jacob was able to keep the bad guy from taking him. Nice fight!
    Hmmm, He was trying to do the right thing by taking the danger away from her family and she slaps him?
    Perhaps he should have said goodbye but they would have just encouraged him to stay again.
    It was nice of him to go back after that slap. He must really like her...oh yes, I see he does and gosh, I guess it was good she just walked away rather than slap him. :tongue:

@Nikkei_Simmer I'm sorry about your computer. :cry:

@Silverofdreams30 Jo is very pretty!

@emorrill Thanks! I'm enjoying sharing pictures of the builds in Disney Magic Kingdom as my sims check them out.
    Thank you for offering to share the mod but, I actually don't mind the toe tapping. I know we do it in real life so what is wrong with sims doing it! :grin: I wish I could zip through cars in front of me like sims do and no one gets hurt! :lol: I make my homes big enough the toe tapping doesn't happen often and it makes for cute pictures if you can get them to do it when you want it. :wink:
    Gina is not brave so of course she doesn't want that house with the cemetery. She is also very modern so she wants a modern home. Silly girl. I wouldn't be bothered by a cemetery. Shame they don't have enough $$ (I can't remember how to make the simeoleon sign) to buy one of the big ones.

@Karritz I'm glad my sharing pictures is helping others to discover the Disney Magic Kingdom world. I know there are so many beautiful worlds out there but I am truly excited about this one. I love all things Disney and would go all the time if I had the money and time off work to do that.
    Poor kiddo's being pulled from their lives to go to boarding school! Well, your boarding schools actually look fun and so many other kids and teachers that it must be fun for them. Happy simming.

Shane and Gina definitely like Aunt Polly's Lakeside Home built by @Sandraelle for Disney Magic Kingdom Collaboration
    51912875745_a6160363b2_o.jpg
    51912575254_4a20f368f2_o.jpg
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    edited March 2022
    Here are another couple of days in the life of Loni Marsden. Sorry for such a melancholy post.

The Marsden Farming Challenge

Week 3: Tuesday

I bought a Hefty Recycle Bin for §50, then spent the entire day working on the garden. I replaced the dead plants and then stored the best seeds in the small chest. Sometimes I wonder if this is what I should be doing with my life. I don't have time to do anything else, and my garden isn't even that big yet.
    c4e74b_c904e14c5f7e4a2a97d39afe9d593f89~mv2.jpg

I bought a wine rack for §550. I also brought some more soil downstairs which cost §220. I then installed two plant lights which were §45 each. I need to stop by the grocery store and buy some grapes to plant in the new dirt.
    c4e74b_66a9541b2ab2433b921210d22f8a571e~mv2.jpg

Angel caught a Western Painted Turtle worth §15.

I filled her bowl with food for §10. It was completely empty. Another chore that Dad took care of.

At that point, I headed up to bed. Benni called and wanted to go hang out somewhere. I told her no. I didn't want my sleep schedule to be disrupted by staying awake until the wee hours. I crawled into bed and fell fast asleep.
    c4e74b_7691c86c45a64ba8b8a1517e8af81a87~mv2.jpg

texansky: I peeked in on Christian Payne. He jogged all the way to Adventure Landing just to recline in the lounge chair.
    c4e74b_ae6a9a7482c74f0aa74e478f68c08711~mv2.jpg
    Then I followed him home and watched him sleep. Who can resist looking at this?
    c4e74b_0c76f48a115e4bfd9c8992d0b0621fd3~mv2.jpg
    Click here if you want to know what Christian dreams about.
    c4e74b_4df46dc7c472433e977295aedbdbc0ae~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_bc29f327305c4b758679a6d185afe3b2~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_22e2e9e3e76b47bd86a82b8100295042~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_847886c693aa4017a7ad791711256c1f~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_e0c9c73aa9b949039e1baa56cc4ec990~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_be93aa2f9abb42a5b65954d566549d49~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_6dea828c63e74209ab2491260aafbdc9~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_87f6e5d64f624a26b2b256110e39c019~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_01859da199284675abf89e23b5b8184e~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_f6a7d213c0b34d62b6e66617b2872bfa~mv2.jpg

Piggybank balance: §5366

Week 3: Wednesday

When I got up, I weeded and watered the trees, then had some of the salad that Dad prepared right before he died.
    c4e74b_17d9b905e28d4a0eb19e4bbe479692e5~mv2.jpg

Angel brought me a snake and I sold it for §20. I'm not sure what kind it was.

I took the produce Dad stored in the vegetable storage bin. I stopped by Aleister's to gather some more honey and honeycomb, and then to consign everything. I won't have any more produce harvested by Dad.
    c4e74b_ea7dce7fe16c4398aa309a453f03bb62~mv2.jpg

I then went to City Hall and registered as a self-employed gardener.
    c4e74b_9326f2189a5b47a5a78bb0d2227ae202~mv2.jpg

I sold §364 in produce.

I stopped by the store to buy grapes for §96. While there, I found a music box that played Dad's favorite song. He and Mom used to dance to that song. I had to buy it, even though it cost §100. I also picked up a bottle of bubble bath for §100. I sold Dad's umbrella for §54 and his cane for §90.
    c4e74b_6bd5977b26d745929d8f37d64c992dfa~mv2.jpg

I dropped by the library to read the third gardening book. Esme Curley died while she was there.
    c4e74b_536ddc6018264021a8078e738a493573~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_847358144f86458f94b394cd3302916e~mv2.jpg

Benni found me at the library and let me cry on her shoulder. This is why she is my best friend.
    c4e74b_38a62f58312e415c81767d5762fb1432~mv2.jpg

I sold another §3781 worth of produce and was promoted all the way to Fertilizer Flinger in the Gardening Career!

I went home and Angel gifted me an Emerald Tree Boa snake worth §12. I then headed downstairs to water the garden. When I was finished, I went to bed.

My piggy bank contains §9391.

Edited to correct my balance.
    Post edited by texansky on
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited March 2022
    CravenLestat I like how you actually draw the patterns in Ms Paint. :P That's a cute dress. :)
    Brandontaylor Thanks for the comment. Yeah, well, sims often choose the bathroom sink, supposedly they think it's the more effective way. ;)

Hehe, the snow (and the ice on the water behind him..) does make it look a little cold playing the drums there, but then again, he might also get warm from the activity itself. :P

You really do have some nice cars in your updates, I like that...

Hahaha, perfect thing to do after getting fired I suppose.. running naked through the park! :P

bekkasan Yeah, maybe they were spruse trees? I can't remember having seen them in my game, and thought they looked nice. :P

Nice house and cemetary, but yeah, having a cemetary outside ones house might be a little chilling. ;)

Cororon I know the feeling, but.. life still has to go on... :/

Karritz Ouch for the people that got water above their roof, but I'm glad you're ok!
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited March 2022
    I played this two days ago, so it is not todays play session, but it is my latest one, so here goes:

Chapter 16.8: Belo Horizonte – Day V and VI: Enjoying the view for some good, clean fun..

A102pPR.jpg

Staying up until early morning last night, they had to take it a bit easy today and sleep in.. only sign of life this morning was the paperboy, Ali Dragon, delivering the free tourist version of the local newspaper...

sxxd3G1.jpg

When they wake up Sofia is in the mood for a little bit of romance, and gives Palash a hug.

OWmxWtX.jpg

Palash changes to his swimwear and talks enthustiastically about the sea monsters he has heard living around these islands... "They call it The Kraken" he says "and it can show up out of nowhere and take down entire ships! I want to go snorkling to see if we can find one!" Sofia laughs at him, she has of course heard tales of the Kraken, but doesn't really believe in them.. "Haha, oh, Palash.. everyone knows those are just old fairy tales.."

WizO3yh.jpg

Sofia would much rather do this, and grabs him for a sudden kiss. ;)

RxAPbY7.jpg

Palash is playful in his own way, and goes out to pick up the frisbee that has been lying on the table outside, and walks inside to ask his wife for a round of play.

cI8iSHd.jpg

She thinks it's a much better idea than snorkling after the Kraken, and goes out with him to throw frisbee on the sand.

TX8Hp8o.jpg

Another beatiful day in paradise. ;)

2QHLx8Z.jpg

They spend the rest of the day relaxing, enjoying a few drinks and eating. This is their chill day, so I'm not sending them to go anywhere.

GVV9wuQ.jpg

I just wish they could eat at the same table...

L8DdGGe.jpg

Palash uses the dishwasher in the kitchen, and Sofia goes to the bathroom to do the dishes there again..well, they certainly have their quirks..

Continues in spoiler:
    ytCC0Pk.jpg

Then Sofia joins Palash in the kitchen, because she has some weird ideas of her own to share.. I don't know if this is typical of Sofia, or if it is her husbands inclination for conspiracy theories that has spilled onto her, but this is certainly interesting.. :P

Sofia: I was browsing some videos on Simtube the other day about the Zchmorg Brzum planet.. did you know that they are secretly monitoring us? They have been doing it for years, I saw all the evidence!

Palash: Wow, Sofia.. I didn't know that!

SPuqsLS.jpg

Sofia: Not only that, several measurements worldwide has shown that they have been releasing poisonous gases into our atmosphere! Gases that emits radioactive waves that will slowly take over our brains, so that we will become docile when they launch their attack to take over our planet!

Palash: That is very interesting Sofia...

VTvyZVQ.jpg

Sofia: Yeah, don't you think?

Palash (thinking): Hmm, that sounds like an interesting plot for a movie.. mom would probably really enjoy composing the soundtrack for something like that!

tXavFzR.jpg

Palash: I think it's time you do some cleaning around here...

Hehe. So Sofia listens to him and goes to take out the trash, clean up the newspapers that has been piling up and make the bed. :P

3NnMq3z.jpg

Good sweet little Sofia. :P

27RYpYK.jpg

Then they talk a little bit about the rain in the kitchen, Sofia does some flirting with him again, before they figure out that they are tired and go to bed to get ready for the next day..

mNib2RQ.jpg

Sleep tight, my little darlings. ;)

kq6ZzQW.jpg

Next morning they woke up very early, before dawn, to have breakfast on the table outside.

hPUpZtH.jpg

After breakfast and as the sun begins to rise, Palash all of a sudden takes out a guitar and begins practicing. I didn't know he had brought one with him, much less that he actually owned one. ;) But it does make sense, coming from a very artistic and musical family..

rgS8Tlu.jpg

Sofia likes what she hears, and is happy to have him as a boyfriend, well, spouse even! ;)

wV6LP8y.jpg

Sofia then suggests to Palash that they visit the Belo Horizonte Relaxation Station, for a little romantic relaxation, of course. She has to sell it into him though, that if they go up there they will see a fantastic view of the entire island.

jx1PFxr.jpg

Palash is a little hesitant at first, he would much rather go to the graveyard again (seriously he does not give up with getting that wish! :P), but eventually agrees to Sofias idea. ;)

6jBn61Y.jpg

So he calls for a taxi, and away they go..

"This is the end of the road" says the taxi driver. "You're gonna have to go the rest of the way by foot"

WF0Rr5N.jpg

"Well, there's only one thing to do then, come along, Palash" Sofia says, and up the mountain they run.

LzuSQqm.jpg

On the way up there, they run past this pile of huge rocks hidden among the trees. Palash takes note of it, he knows what it is, but Sofia is running to fast for him to call after her to stop so they can check it out..

5qAP9z1.jpg

As they approach the top, a nice view begins to show before them, if only Sofia could slow down a little. ;) "The view is much better up on the top" she says under her breath. "Just wait and see!"

UpskgGW.jpg

They make it up there, and Sofia sits down to enjoy a steamy bath, while Palash sits down to catch his breath on a sofa.

HhvJWCb.jpg

"Sofia is right" he thinks "the view from up here is really nice. What a cool looking place."

KVtPDpF.jpg

And indeed, the view is actually really nice from up here... though some trees are blocking the view a little in some places, but hey, all in all, there's not much of a reason to complain. :P

wtKGmN0.jpg

After finishing her steam bath, Sofia has noticed something else she wants to have a look at. There appears to be something a little higher up there... she calls for Palash to join her in checking it out..

wC9DRfl.jpg

Immediately upon setting foot on the staircase Palash can hear the voice of another woman.. he thinks about it with excitement..

HdPSkgm.jpg

Sofia is happy to find another jacuzzi once she makes it up the stairs, but is a little less excited about the woman there that has decided to relax there in her birthday suit...

OhtH7fD.jpg

When Palash makes it up the stairs, the woman decides to get up from the jacuzzi and put her bikini on, however I figured that bikini wasn't hiding much, so I left her out of some of the following shots.. And Palash makes sure to go the opposite route, by putting on even more clothing, before joining Sofia...

szL1CTp.jpg

They relax and cuddle in the jacuzzi and a yawning sound is heard, as the woman is still standing there, very unamused at them now occupying the jacuzzi with their romance...

HBBj8KA.jpg

Palash ignores the presence of the other woman completely, and thinks this is a good moment to ask his wife for some good, clean fun. ;)

wNDFrNH.jpg

*splosh* *splish* *splash* Lots of laughter and giggling is heard from the jacuzzi. "Oh, this is so exciting, imagine we are doing this in a public jacuzzi with another woman watching!" She is still standing there watching them from the corner just to the left...

h3qQeWL.jpg

z1cpdzj.png

When they are done, the woman is no longer yawning, but claps and cheers at them! What a show! :P

pqsECrv.png

Palash then gets up from the pool, and this woman approaches him and begins flirting with him, which he rejects.

mbKz1Ke.jpg

But then he goes for a surprising and bold move.. seriously, why are you doing it with this woman, and not your wife? And even with your wife present..

qFy5V1n.png

The woman wasn't very fond of this, and neither was Sofia.. she gets out from the jacuzzi and suggest they head to the festival park instead for a bite..

2jdzCm4.jpg

Palash agrees and leaves the woman by the jacuzzi on sour terms.. they didn't look like they were about to make friends any time soon..

tOQ6x7Q.jpg

Down the hill again they go. It does look a little steep from this angle.. :P

Txf8JB2.jpg

Sofia makes it down the hill first, and has made sure to call a taxi for both of them, but they taxi drivers on this island aren't among the best, because as soon as she gets in, the taxi begins to drive off.. "Hey! Wait up!" Palash shouts..

GhJsmps.jpg

Sofia gets mad and yells at the incompetent taxi driver. "That was my husband! You were supposed to wait for him! Turn the car around!"
    "I'm so sorry ma'am, I was told this was a single passenger order..."
    "Hmmph! What nimwits is it that runs the taxi company on this island...?"

VY7ubJh.jpg

So the taxi driver has no choice but to turn around to pick up Palash and drive them to the festival grounds.

Mxu6fAr.jpg

Sofia runs by a young dad teaching his toddler to walk and looks sharply the other way. What, Sofia, isn't that cute? Who knows, you might be doing that yourself one day... ;)

x299zZA.jpg

Once there they both simultaneously head to each their food stall for a meal, and I have hopes that they will sit down at the same table, but nope.. Sofia hasn't forgotten about Palash's inappropriate behavior with the other woman up by the jacuzzi and with a firm voice, she orders him to stand while eating his meal! "You should be happy I just didn't let the taxi driver drive off without you!" she says. Uh oh....

c6UWaRv.jpg

Palash should realize he has messed up now, and afterwards they go their seperate ways for a while. Palash remains to dance, and Sofia heads for a game of horse shoe.

QOvLVL8.jpg

Once Palash thinks the situation has cooled off, he goes over to his wife to cheer at her game, and the mood seems to be good between them again.

sFb6Y2K.jpg

After playing for several hours, Sofia eventually quits her game, and they have a talk about what baby toys they are going to buy.. "..and uhh.. how do you really feed a baby anyway...and how often do they eat...?" Sofia wonders...

GsIGPQU.jpg

"Oh, there are plenty of books about that, you know.. I suggest we go shopping for some once we get back home.." Palash replies... "And I am sure both of my parents will be more than happy to help you out too. Oh, I can't wait to see my mothers face when I give her the news.."
    "Hold on there, sweetie, we don't know if I'm actually pregnant yet..." Sofia says, before calling a taxi to take them back to the beach house...

hjokFnw.jpg

Yet on the way back she kept thinking about more kids toys, so who knows. ;)

13O304V.jpg

Once back at the beach house, Palash immediately went to sleep and slept now like an innocent child. ;) Sofia felt a little more anxious all of a sudden, and had to go check her appearance in the mirror before going to bed..

KvExJNH.jpg

Maybe both of them are a little nervous of what might come... good night. ;)
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited March 2022
    @bekkasan

Thank you, I have a week off now so should have more time to
    play my next update.

@texansky

That garden is lovely.
  • Options

@GraceyManor
    Poor Miri. Jacob, you are such a cad!
    Good for Brianna. He deserved to be slapped for how he treated Miri.
    I wonder what's going to happen next?
    Well, he's really bad at reading signals, isn't he?
    I'm surprised she didn't slap him again for the kiss.

@Nikkei_Simmer
    Sorry to hear your computer won't turn on. Hopefully, it's just the power supply or something cheap to repair.

@CravenLestat
    The striped pattern looks great on that model couch.

@emorrill
    I can be patient. I haven't got any plans for Sam yet. :wink: It's okay if he's got stuff from EPs or the store as I have all of those. I am only missing the Town Life, Outdoor Life, and Fast Lane Stuff packs. Oh, and I still need to buy Midnight Hollow and Roaring Heights.

@Karritz
    Sorry to hear they have had even more cleanup to do. Maybe this will be the last of it.
    Glad to hear you are making headway on your SimCensus.
    I am grateful that I am able to afford my new laptop. I think I will break out the Forsythe Legacy Challenge save today and see how it goes. You guys are probably sick of my multiple posts in a row of my Marsden Farming Challenge by now! I'll let you know how it goes. Who knows, I may have some pics to share from that game.

@bekkasan
    Yeah, the plasma bugs bring in a lot of §§. :grin:
    His death was definitely unexpected. After being healed, I thought he would live a long and productive life.
    I get the § from MS Word. I just select the Insert tab, select the symbol on the far right. The subset is Basic Latin. It's in the sixth row down right under the lower-case "s". Double-click it to put it in the document and then copy it to paste into your post.
    I use a notepad file for each story to keep a copy of all of my posts, and I have that pasted at the bottom along with the "img" "/img" code that I use a lot. I find it easier to do that than to use the image link button on the top of the post. I have to scroll a long way up sometimes! It's easier to write it in notepad first.
    Of course, you could just find one of my posts to copy it from, since I put that symbol at the end of all of my farming challenge posts. :wink:

@Sprottenham
    Palash can be a bit clueless sometimes.
    Yeah, what is with them not sitting together for meals. :lol:
    They actually sat together for breakfast? :astonished:
    Well, that was definitely a public display of affection to the extreme. :flushed:
    I can't believe the nerve of Palash, kissing another woman in front of his wife.
  • Options

@Silverofdreams30
    Thank you. I play a lot of gardeners in my games. I like my gardens to be orderly. I have been known to go into buy mode and move things around after they are planted. (As you will see in a future post. :wink: )
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Loni gets serious about her farming.

(Okay, I know - I post too much! :lol: - I've still got two more full posts after this one until I am caught up with my game. @Silverofdreams30 is going to have to wait until the next post to see what I mean about my gardens. :wink: )

The Marsden Farming Challenge

Week 3: Thursday

When I woke up, I made myself some strawberry pancakes.
    c4e74b_166deab7fcec42d0952f3df021a0f372~mv2.jpg

I was missing Dad, so I went upstairs to listen to the music box. The memories were bitter-sweet.
    c4e74b_f77f814ce1ca475087777f8e8af735b8~mv2.jpg

I paid the bills of §130. Another thing that Dad took care of.

I harvested the garden.

Angel caught a Womrat valued at §12 and a shrew worth §245. I sold both.

I received §457 from the Aleister's for my produce. I have §9975 in the piggy bank. It's time I added some other forms of income. I spent §550 for two beekeeping boxes and another §1,500 for a chicken coop and laying hens.

At the end of the day, I have §7925 left.

Week 3: Friday

I saw some mysterious lights in the sky and went outside to investigate. Suddenly, I'm being pulled up into a spaceship! The next thing I know, I'm at the edge of the property. Is this what happened to Dad?
    c4e74b_c24f13ae90a2440fa7ed676ff53413d5~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_97502995321449ed82c9349e13a77c14~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_96f9e9a4fc214b94932c7b745a313de1~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_aba49c6aeaf54d9986cbc2e4feaec265~mv2.jpg
    Well, that was interesting. I guess I better go feed my chickens (§5).

I didn't go back to sleep. I tended the garden in the basement and replaced some barren plants.

I bought another Hefty Recycle Bin for outside the house for §50.

I realized that by myself, I am not going to be able to keep up with my garden, as well as the chickens and bees. I stopped by the First National Bank of Sims and was able to get a loan for §10,000 to invest in the farm.

I bought a farm tractor for §12,000 and made arrangements to have someone come by and grade a path for the tractor to drive on. The total cost for the path was §500. I also received §31 from Aleister's. I had §5401 left in the piggy bank.

While I was harvesting honey from one box, my phone rang. I must have made an impression on him because Christian called and wanted to chat.
    c4e74b_472452bdcf8944a5a9dad972b78de1e3~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_061c2d9151f3462f83853b5fad68cc85~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_b77aa8fe0bbd42f2837ddd787b60b67e~mv2.jpg

texansky: I have no idea what this thought bubble represents. Maybe she is praying for help with her garden? Or she is secretly praying for a relationship with Christian? Or both?
    c4e74b_c361ab6e7b6c45958be422ded2b27d56~mv2.jpg

Angel brought me a rhinoceros beetle and an Eastern Box turtle. I sold the turtle for §26.

Angel tried to nuzzle with a horse that wandered on the property, but the horse wanted nothing to do with her.
    c4e74b_7d2e55de1c894d898c996d9dac8239cd~mv2.jpg

Total in the piggy bank: §5427.

Week 3: Saturday

After feeding Angel (§8), I tried out the watering system on my new tractor. Everything worked as expected. It only took half an hour to complete the circle. This is going to make gardening go much faster!
    c4e74b_8fc5a75376734f38b2362305c0a89440~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_ab0e6cfb6c924eae8bfe55452203d9fd~mv2.jpg

I missed a harvest and my eggs hatched. I fed the chickens (§5), played with the chicks, harvested honey, and gathered honeycomb. I started in the basement garden but had to stop to go to graduation. I wish Dad were alive to see me graduate with honors.
    c4e74b_c2c76b28dcb74af0939f965e870d63b7~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_448e581f842f44529c5917e81dae208a~mv2.jpg
    And graduation is over. I wish it wasn't wintertime. No one can see my cap and gown.
    c4e74b_caa26c8bf1334173823bf5b0462b2b03~mv2.jpg
    To celebrate, I decided to make a snow angel.
    c4e74b_011c5709daa54aeea58868b0e55cfd01~mv2.jpg

And a paparazzi decided to beat up Honey Darnell after Honey had played for tips in front of the school. I think one was heckling the other before the fight broke out.
    c4e74b_b932eaaaec1c48258bf75cc462709107~mv2.jpg

When I got home from graduation, I hung a load of laundry on the clothesline.
    c4e74b_5ede88e309cc40f8ad647f8dc6968c85~mv2.jpg

Angel caught an Iridescent Sheildtail snake which I sold for §870 and a Womrat which netted me §12.

The clothes are dry. I took them off the line, folded them, and put them away.

I headed up to bed.

Piggybank: §6296.

Loan amount: §10,000 with §50 interest payable every Friday until the loan is paid off.

Edited to add the loan balance.
    Post edited by texansky on
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @texansky I have to admit, I got a little teary when Fred died.

@Nikkei_Simmer Sorry to hear about the computer. :(

@Karritz I'm glad you weren't in immediate danger. I hope your favorite walking spots held up during the rains.

@bekkasan you take lovely screen shots. Your builds are amazing.

@GraceyManor @emorrill @Brandontaylor and anyone I couldn't keep track of, Hi. Hope you're enjoyoing your SIMMING days.

I'm currently using my games as a distraction from real life, because things are heavy right now around the world.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    My test sim Jo in the game, ready to test some
    cc I found.

y6SxhsO.jpg-
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @MamaSimTee thank you. I went for a very little walk yesterday at the lake. The debris is all over the concrete path along the lake. I saw a few water birds but not a single chick. But I only walked a short distance and turned around. There could be chicks at various places around the lake. The lake walk takes me about 1 and a half hours to do and I only went for about 10 minutes this time. I hope I find a few chicks next time I do the entire lake. I did see one pair of birds working on building their nest. Maybe they are still hopeful of raising chicks this year. It's Autumn here now. I really hope they are successful but more storms and very heavy rain is forecast for today.
  • Options

@MamaSimTee
    My heart ached for Loni when Fred died. I sat there with my mouth open debating whether to restart the game. The next few days of game time after that, I played half-heartedly. Every time she cried, my heart hurt a little. It's amazing how attached we get to these little Simpixels.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @Silverofdreams30 your sim Jo is very pretty.

An update after completing my census of Isle of Sims III world in my Big Game.

I've got a few screen shots - not everyone in the world is here. But I did add a lot of them in the end.

The history of this Big Game.

It started in about 2010 in Sunset Valley when I decided Patience would have 15 babies for the badge to get a sim to have 15 babies. She had the babies but no badge. I worked out why and had another go with a different sim and it worked.

I loved playing with all of Patience's 15 children and did so for a long time. But eventually put them away thinking I'd go back to them one day.

The way I did it was she moved out each time she'd had 5 babies and moved in with a different daddy sim to have 5 more. This is why I didn't get the badge. You have to stay in the same house throughout.

At some point, early in this original Sunset Valley save I discovered the game had turned Gobias into a witch and Christopher Steel into a Werewolf. That's when I turned off Supernaturals in my Options. I want to control who becomes a supernatural in my games.

Later on I added a mod from NRAAS that I discovered was turning all of the toddlers in the game into Fairies. I got rid of that mod but I kept the little fairies as fairies. But no more were turned into supernaturals.

Initially I made a husband for Patience. His name was Marty Hansen. They had their 5 babies and she moved out to live with Gobias Koffi and stayed there until they had 5 babies. Then she moved out to live with a brand new sim I made for no real purpose, Ted Fields. Patience and Ted had 4 children together before Patience got involved with Christopher Steel. She always does that if he's in the game anywhere. She has a thing for Gobias too. She's a heartbreaker but hasn't achieved her lifetime wish yet - ever.

It was in this game that I first started playing a household and moving different sims through it. I wanted Patience to have time with all of her children so she moved into a large house and different children would stay with her for a while and they got skills and moved back with their father to allow others to move in with Patience. I found the children that had moved back with their father would often drop by after school and some would even stay the night. That was interesting and fun. I had no control over them but they would usually find a spare bed and spend the night with their mother.

Once I got mods in my game I thought I could more with them.

I packed them up in a NRAAS Porter save and moved them, with a few friends from Sunset Valley to Dragon Valley. I played there for ages. At the time I packed them up to move some of the children she had with Marty were teens and some were becoming young adults.

Henry Hansen met and married Siobahn Murphy and Percy Koffi met and married Lorna McCann. I didn't like that marriage but I found it impossible to break them up. Percy had just become a YA and Lorna was an elder. Haley Hansen kept getting involved with an elder too until he died of old age. I kept breaking them up but she kept going back to him. I made a couple of sims for her but she wouldn't have anything to do with them. They eventually married others from Dragon Valley and are in the game somewhere.

In Dragon Valley these oldest children of Patience were beginning to have babies. I was rotating between the houses trying to teach the toddlers their toddler skills and read toddler skill books. Eventually that got too much and I started moving them all into a single house. Then I got the idea of having a toddler school and I moved all of the townie toddlers in too.

Eventually Dargon Valley became unplayable and I used NRAAS Porter again to move everyone from Dragon Valley into Sunset Valley 2nd Edition Final world. It comes with some sims in it. It uses Sunset Valley but extends the playable area to most of the world and adds lots of extra lots and houseboats and sims. I don't know where all of the sims used to populate the world came from. I suspect some came from the Exchange and I know at least one came from Twinbrook.

At some point I decided to build a boarding school while in Sunset Valley 2nd Edition Final. I started training toddlers, children and teens from town. Originally I had a group of nannies who were permanent nannies. Then I decided to let them leave and moved in new nannies. Now I use the boarding school for training sims of just about any age. Nannies get skills while there too and once they have learned enough they move out and others move in.

When Sunset Valley 2nd Edition Final became unplayable I moved the all to Beach City and then to Twin Towns but always I ran into problems. Then they were all moved to Legacy Island III. Same problem.

Next I got the idea of using NRAAS Traveller mod and started using it to move households to other worlds. Then those worlds were all becoming unplayable for the reason of too many sims in town. So I added new worlds and moved sims around. But when did this I failed to update my spreadsheet which is why I'm now doing my census of all of the worlds in the game.

Behind the Spoiler are lots of pictures and background info on sims I found in Isle of Sims III

I have now completed my census and updated my spreadsheet for Moonlight Falls and Isle of Sims III.

Below I have listed some of the sims I found in Isle of Sims III.

Firstly relatives of Eric and Susanne. I found a few of them in Isle of Sims III

The first 5 babies Patience had were with Marty Hansen. I found one of them in The Isle Of Sims 3 world.

Henry Hansen with his wife Siobahn (Murphy from Dragon Valley) Hansen and their two children Richie and Raymond.
    I haven't played with this household very often or for long. Richie and Raymond have been to toddler school and primary (child) school. They need to go to teen school yet and might end up back at the boarding school for a while to do that.

Henry Hansen - son of Patience and Marty Hansen
    Henry-Hansen.jpg

Siobahn Hansen - Wife of Henry - originally Siobahn Murphy from Dragon Valley
    Siobahn-Murphy-Hansen.jpg

Raymond and Richie Hansen - teen sons of Henry and Siobahn
    Raymond-Hansen.jpg

Ritchie (the eldest of the two and he's had the most education)
    Richie-Hansen.jpg

======

I found a two of the children of Patience and Gobias Koffi in Isle of Sims III
    Gary Koffi and his wife and children and Plumbots

Gary is an adult
    Gary-Koffi.jpg

Fran Koffi (formerly Fran Flower - one of my sims I've used in a few games so she might be familiar to some of you). Fran is a fairy.
    Fran-Koffi.jpg

Brandi Koffi - daughter of Gary and Fran. Brandi is a toddler and a fairy and has no skills. She needs to go to boarding school soon.
    Brandi-Koffi001.jpg

Vince Koffi - son of Gary and Fran. Vince is a toddler and a fairy and has no skills. I see boarding school in his future.
    Vince-Koffi.jpg

The family has 3 Plumbots.
    Perl
    Perl-Koffi.jpg
    Gabe
    Gabe-KOffi.jpg
    Grant
    Grant-Koffi.jpg

I already showed you the Finnegans

Gabbi Finnegan is Gary Koffi's sister and the daughter of Patience and Gobias

Gabbi married Aaron Finnegan from Dragon Valley

Aaron Finnegan is an elder now and Gabbi is an adult
    Aaron
    AaronFinnegan001.jpg

Gabbi
    GabbiFinnegan001.jpg

Aaron and Gabbi have 2 teenage children - Andy and Doris

Andy has been well trained in toddler school and child boarding school
    AndyFinnegan001.jpg

Doris missed out and just aged up to teen without any skills. Doris looks a lot like her grandmother, Patience, with dark hair.
    DorisFinnegan001.jpg

====

Patience and Christopher Steel had a son, Craig. In this save Christopher and Craig and werewolves.

I found Craig in this world. Isle of Sims III. Craig was Patience's 15th child. He is still unmarried but I'll need to get him married soon if he's to have any babies before he becomes an elder.

Craig Steel - werewolf. Craig has inherited his mother's looks.
    Craig-Steel.jpg

NOTE: I have since given Craig a brother. Dan Steel was found by me in an old save from 2010 and he had a wife and 6 children. I added them to Patience and Christopher's family tree as another son. He was a son of that couple in the save I found him in. I've got Dan and his family living in Moonfall Island. Recently there was a tragic accident in the game when Dan's wife, Bonnie, burned to death.

That's it for the descendants of Patience in Isle of Sims III.

Oscar, Eric and Susanne have three households to visit in this world to get to know 6 of Eric and Susanne's cousins.

Some of the other sims I have in this world as townies. I do play them occasionally. They are all sims I made or who were born in game to sims I made.

Deb Dee is in my studio on the Exchange. I had her in the fairy village for a while but she isn't a fairy. She's single.
    DebDee.jpg

Don Genie was made by me to add a bit of trouble. He is a bit of a trouble maker. He flirts a lot and breaks their hearts. He is a Genie. No family for him yet.

DonGenie.jpg

Errol Flower. A fairy I made with some difficult traits to add some fun. He was introduced while I was playing in Beach City. I never saw him with the hair or outfit he's wearing in this picture. He tends to need to breath into a paper bag occasionally. He's still single.

Errol-Flower.jpg

Errol-Flower001.jpg

I found out old friend (from 30 Grandchildren series) Klaus Warner. He seems to be in the military career in this world. He will be familiar to anyone who watched the 30 Grandchildren series of videos.

Klaus-Warner.jpg

Louis Flower, a fairy toddler needing training. I didn't get pics of his parents. Both are old sims of mine. Elaine is a human made well before Supernatural was released, and her husband Jack Flower is in my Studio on the Exchange. Louis inherited his father's occult state. Louis needs to learn some skills - boarding school is in his future.
    Louis-Flower.jpg

Rose Flower. I think she's sharing a house with someone but is not romantically involved with anyone. She is in my studio on the Exchange. I have played with her in a few games but not recently.
    Rose-Flower.jpg

This sim is one I made relatively recently. She is Monique Potter. I made her initially as part of a small group of sims to live on a tiny island. Eventually I got so bored with such a tiny island that I abandoned the save. I eventually added the entire group to this save while it was in Twin Towns. I haven't played with her much. One of the others is currently married to Haley, Patience's wayward daughter, and they live in Lucky Palms.

Monique was used as my travelling sim when I wanted to move sims to and from Hidden Springs. She spent some time there in limbo while I played with others. Eventually I went to get her and she has now been moved to Isle of Sims III. I still haven't played much with her and I think she has about 1 skill. I feel I ought to marry her off to someone. I'll have to check traits to see if I have an available male sim for her to be with so they can have babies. I'd like it to be Craig Steel but I don't know if they have any compatible traits.
    Screenshot-47.jpg

The thing about Hidden Springs is I never really played in the world with the sims I placed there. Then I wanted to merge the McFluff Story videos with this Big Game. So I moved any of my sims I still had living in Hidden Springs to other worlds and then I replaced the .nhd file for Hidden Springs in this save with the .nhd file I had for Hidden Springs in the McFluff Story save. That's how I got Old Gertie and all of her cronies and their homes into this Big Game. Now they are spreading around different worlds in this Big Game.

One thing I learned during this census is that fairy toddlers who get hungry can, and do, spin into their tiny form and enter the fairy house to drink pollen punch. I saw both Louis and Vince do this. I got at least one of them on video while doing it so you'll see it if you watch the video when I put it all together.

Now I have to move on to the next world. I wonder who I'll find there.

Happy Simming all.
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-65.jpg
    Brianna decided to dig out her old storm chasing equipment, she
    was missing her fiance, the pain of his death was coming back to her.
    Jacob knew why her device wouldn't work, but hesitated to say anything.
    Jacob: Its too heavy Brianna, with all the probes in there, its not going to lift,
    unless its a strong storm.

Screenshot-66.jpg
    Brianna: How do you know about my storm gear?
    Jacob: ...Uh..
    Sarah: I told him about your career, Brianna.He asked, and I told, so
    if you're gonna get mad, be mad at me.

Screenshot-67.jpg
    Brianna: How much did you tell him?
    Brianna was angry with her mother, her past was not something she
    wanted shared around with people she barely knew..Her mother could sense
    her anger.
    Sarah: I told him everything.I see no harm in it.
    Brianna: I think I'll go visit Kurt...
    Sarah: Maker's breathe!

Screenshot-68.jpg
    Jacob: She's not going to do something foolish is she?
    Jacob felt a sense of fear for Brianna, not knowing where she was
    going, was driving him nuts.
    Sarah: Well, she took her stuff, and went to see Kurt, she's gonna attempt
    to get that going again.
    Jacob: Its not going to work, without a little adjustments, she's going to get killed!
    Jacob decided it was his turn to protect Brianna.

Screenshot-81.jpg
    He found her a few miles down, with her storm chasing equipment.
    Though she was mad, he couldn't help but notice how lovely she was working
    with her career.

Screenshot-83.jpg
    Jacob: Brianna, listen, you can get it to work, but you have to change
    the design, and in the middle of a storm is not the time to do it!
    Kurt(Radio): Hate to break up this interesting chat, but we got one on the ground.
    Are you going Brianna?
    Brianna: ...Yes, I'm going...by myself.
    She took her stuff and jumped into her truck, leaving Jacob standing alone.
    Jacob: Oh, you are so not going by yourself..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bYhAEOrx2I
    The rest of the update is done in a video so you can enjoy
    her chase with her, its a short 4 minute video, if it don't work, I can do
    photos later
  • Options

Good news and bad news!

My Forsythe Legacy Challenge game opens on my new laptop. It only took 2 minutes 15 seconds from the Mods list screen. (My current farming challenge takes about 12 seconds. :lol: )

However, if I remember correctly, the game is about 2 game weeks ahead of my blog and I can't remember where I left off in the pictures and notification clippings. :grimace:

So, it may take me a while to get myself sorted out in that regard to get the blog going again.

Here's a picture of Jacob Burr-Kern, the oldest of the 9th generation. I still need to move him and his family into the Legacy House (hopefully, before he reaches young adult)!
    c4e74b_1135ad967e8048349973836ab825d0b5~mv2.jpg

And a picture of Dominick Forsythe-Crouse and his wife Tanika, the eldest of the current residents of the Legacy House.
    c4e74b_1c58b0f1a000400cb1cc3478000c020d~mv2.jpg

That's all for now. I don't know how long it will take me to get the next blog post written, but when I do, I will let you know.
  • Options

@GraceyManor
    That video! Wow! My heart is pounding. I hope you don't keep us in suspense for too long.
  • Options
    I have to shut down now as a severe thunderstorm has started. It was predicted. It's raining heavily now too. I better shut down and unplug the PC in case of damage from the storm.

Today I started doing the census of Moonfall Island. It's going well. I have found a few mermaids that had lost their scales and more that still had their scales. I fixed those that had lost their mermaid occult state and redid their scales to match what they had before if I knew what they had before. I had Triton King's scales written down so he's good. I found he'd moved out of the house with most of the other mermaids and set up house as a couple with his girlfriend. She's a mermaid I made. Her LTW is surrounded by family so I pollinated her while I was there.

That was a huge crash. Some thing close to me go hit with lightning.

I'm shutting down.

I'll be back later.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    texansky wrote: »
    @GraceyManor
    That video! Wow! My heart is pounding. I hope you don't keep us in suspense for too long.

Ha! Try playing that game...Its even more suspenseful.
  • Options

@CravenLestat
    I was looking through some screenshots from previous gameplay and ran across this little gem. I believe that is Sugar Tee driving the blue SUV. She moved into the Gift House because her place had more people than beds.
    c4e74b_ecd512f4b46049a9bd0ba60cbe304a03~mv2.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@texansky I enjoyed the updates. I like that she is continuing with her plans even though she has doubts.
    So sad she is still mourning her Dad, but it's only been a day.
    Looks like he dreamed a little about gardening but also about politics. He could go either way. :grin:
    Thanks for how to find the § symbol! :grin: I just copied yours and saved it to my supernatural notes. :grin:
    Congrats on the new items for the farm. The tractor will help her so much!
    Mysterious lights again!
    I'm glad Christian called. Hope things work out.
    Yaay! Graduation. Officially done with school now. Unless she decides to go to university.
    Hopefully you can get the save fixed up. I will probably be in the same fix if I ever make it back to my Patrick and Bekka save.

@MamaSimTee Thank you! Please note that a lot of things I've posted recently are not my builds. I've said who built them in the captions.
    Things are horrible in the world right now. I wish there was more I could do then pray but that is all I can do.

@Sprottenham Thanks for the comments!
    Lovely day for them. Glad he didn't go snorkeling and hunting for the kraken!
    Love that relaxation station! Had to laugh at them romancing with the audience.
    Ack! I'm surprised Sofia didn't smack him.
    Glad they smoothed things over.
    Aha, she might be preggers. :smiley:

@Silverofdreams30 Cool! Nice to have time off.
    Jo looks like she is ready. Will she be modeling your new cc?

@Karritz I enjoyed the pictures. I do need to check out your studio when I need more sims for Supernatural Island. I did not know that about fairy toddlers either! That's pretty cool!
    oh wow...be safe! Good idea to unplug.

@GraceyManor I think Brianna needs the folks in white coats and a straight jacket coming for her! :open_mouth: The video was cool though. Obviously not taken in the sims. What game is that? It looks scary but exciting. I can't afford games anymore so I don't even look at what is out there. :cry:

Calypso Starter is a sweet little home by @soocoosim for Disney Magic Kingdom. Shane and Gina enjoyed their visit and took a romantic picture as a memory. :love:
    51912258601_ff678b3d18_o.jpg

This Rustic Retreat will appeal to the sim who loves rural living and making nectar. Built by @ks0 for Disney Magic Kingdom. Shane is a car buff and wants to see if he can get that old truck running.
    51912258566_86b6ebe24f_o.jpg

Well, they already took a romantic picture so about time they get hearts! This is Fanta See by @romagi1in Disney Magic Kingdom.
    51911292052_05c871d7a2_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @Karritz

Thank you

@bekkasan

No, i just use her to try out cc I find but the cc I found
    was not to my liking so I deleted it from my game.

@texansky

That is a quick load up, on my older gaming desktop it takes some time but on the
    gaming laptop, it is quicker. I tried playing more than one generation once, only came to four or five I think.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited March 2022
    Cororon wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Sorry to hear about your computer. If it doesn't turn on maybe it's the power supply. You could try to replace it. Or maybe it's the motherboard.

If the monitor wasn’t half borked, I’d try replacing the power-supply but half the screen was obstructed by a red haze which meant the monitor is also gone on the laptop which would be at least a $300.00 fix and not worth it.

@Astro - yeah, it’s gonna be a hard six months.

@bekkasan - well maybe I can start writing my JAGfics again on FFdotnet and see if I can poke my muse into working again. I have one called “Hail and Well Met” that’s on Chapter 14 that still needs to be completed.

Also my WWIII JAGfic “Rising Flames” needs some attention n’love too
    "It's the same as the MOABs we drop out of our planes, only they put theirs on wheels and drive it into place incognito if that's what you're telling me they did."

"That's exactly what they did, Admiral Nakamura." Animal looked up to see a gray-haired man step in to the room; aquiline nose, and hard steel-blue eyes and a sharp angular jawline complemented his features.

"Gibbs, you ever think about retiring?"

"Not really." was his curt reply.

Meg saw her husband stiffen up in the presence of the senior NCIS agent. His friend and her former JAG investigative partner, Harmon Rabb, had nearly gotten railroaded into a murder charge by this very man. They had accused him of the murder of a JAG Lieutenant by the name of Lieutenant Loren Singer. Harm's first-degree murder charge but all was certain until Gibbs had an inkling that something wasn't right about the whole pattern of evidence they'd found up to that point and told the whole crew to look it over one more time. Animal still was wary of the NCIS senior special agent and thus both the NCIS agent and Animal were pretty frosty with each other - neither was sure about the other. Two alpha males circling each other each looking for a weak point they could utilize on the other.

"All the animosity between the Russians and us may end up having to be tabled..." NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs said, "the Russians just found out that the sub that launched a nuclear torpedo against our battle-group that failed to detonate, had a couple other crew on board. The bodies recovered showed three men of middle Eastern origin who weren't supposed to be there and and several Azerbaijani crew members who had somehow enlisted in the Russian Navy incognito. The Politburo didn't sanction this attack on Second Fleet and are backpedaling."

Meg narrowed her eyes,"So what does that have to do with the Judge Advocate General command, Gibbs?"

"JAG has always been a big help in the past with this sort of investigation. Vice-Admiral. Don't know if your predecessor told you but they've been quite helpful in ensuring we have cooperation. "

"Well the lead investigator on all those situations is flying F/A-18Fs off the deck of the USS Allegiance, Gibbs, under my chain of command as the COMSECONDFLEET." Animal set his jaw in a gritted, unpleased expression. "He's the XO of the boat and technically should be chained to a chair, but you ever try to tell Rabb to do something?"

My muse took a flying leap at Chapter 4 and disappeared. NowI got to go corral it

@texansky - first off “Welcome back” if I already didn’t welcome you back.

Unfortunately my screen’s borked too so it’s not really worth fixing it. I’m just going to remove the hard-drive and make the drive an external.

@MamaSimTee - I’m sorry too. River isn’t happy either.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @bekkasan itd called storm chasers I snagged it in steam for 4.99 it is very intense the first time I played it I had to shut it off cause I was too afraid to get close to the tornado lol
  • Options
    @bekkasan - I'm back. I unplugged just in time for the storm to head off out to sea. I was tempted to get back to work as I had been making good progress. But I was getting tired and decided to leave it until this morning. The first indication there was a storm about was when I got a rush of beautifully cool air in the window. It'd been an oppressively hot day and that cool air was wonderful - but I know there had to be a storm about and then it was here. Again where I live missed the worst of it. There was a lot of hail in it and we didn't get any of that. Some people had hail that was 9cm in diameter.

I'm loading my game at the moment. It'll be a lot easier for me to plan Oscar's progress around the worlds if I know who lives where and in which world.

I'll post more pics in a few hours - after I've been in game and got a few to post.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    texansky wrote: »

@bekkasan @Sandraelle and @GraceyManor
    The Graceymanor Haunted Mansion looks very nice on the outside. Lots of work went into just planning the landscaping. I can't wait to see the inside.
    Meh, the graveyard wouldn't bother me for a minute. I've got all my family tombstones in my Legacy game on the property. And the lot provided for the farming challenge has ghosts as well. You get used to them.

@texansky, Thank you, I'm happy to hear that you like the outside of my haunted mansion and hope you enjoy taking a peek inside as well. Yes, it was quite a challenge to get it to look anywhere near the original mansion and still fit everything in. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top