Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Did You Know Thread

124...Next

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    First I've noticed it as well. Guess my sims prefer a big comfy chair instead.

I guess that's probably it for me too; I tend to have chairs, sofas, benches, and ottomans all over the place so it's never very far to a comfy place to sit down. I only noticed the kneeling-while-chatting recently when my sim was at the library; it was so busy there that there was no seating left.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    KatAnubis wrote: »
    Did you know that you get the slow dance option on the stereos even if you don't have a dance floor? They work on any stereo (even the wall-hung ones in lounges or the little ones a teen might have in their room.)

They don't however work with the stereo,tv and bookcase combo that came with Tiny Living. Maxis forgot to add the coding to that one.
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Is kneeling down something recently added to the game?

Since installing the pack I've had a few times where sims in social conversations kneel on the floor as they socialize too, and I don't recall that ever being a thing in the game before.

Kneeling kind of come with that table in Snowey Escape but the table isn't needed for sims to eat on. They can use that floor thing.
    Did you know if you have a mermaid swimming in the ocean or the lake with the waterfall in Tartosa they can call up dolphins.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited March 2022
    Did you know that there's an ask for blessing to marry interaction coming with the pack (that is currently utterly broken and has extremely boring outcomes)?
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

I guess that's probably it for me too; I tend to have chairs, sofas, benches, and ottomans all over the place so it's never very far to a comfy place to sit down. I only noticed the kneeling-while-chatting recently when my sim was at the library; it was so busy there that there was no seating left.

It's not a chair availability issue, some sims simply prefer to kneel a lot. I have a sim that usually watches TV by kneeling on the floor in front of it instead of sitting on the comfy couch behind him, and once during the talent awards ceremony everybody kneeled and watched from the floor right next to the empty chairs.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

It's not a chair availability issue, some sims simply prefer to kneel a lot. I have a sim that usually watches TV by kneeling on the floor in front of it instead of sitting on the comfy couch behind him, and once during the talent awards ceremony everybody kneeled and watched from the floor right next to the empty chairs.

I'll have to watch my sims more closely. May be a secret kneeler amongst them. :o I forgot about the kneeling w/snowy escapes as I haven't played much there. Maybe thats why mine haven't learnt how to kneel? Hmmm
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I'll have to watch my sims more closely. May be a secret kneeler amongst them. :o I forgot about the kneeling w/snowy escapes as I haven't played much there. Maybe thats why mine haven't learnt how to kneel? Hmmm

It's not from snowy escape as there is no particular kneeling interaction in that EP. Here's a picture of my sim listening to her roomamte serenade her. There's no seating in that room, but I've seen them sit like that even when there are seats available. Not sure what triggers it, maybe when sims are very fit, though none of my sims do fitness regularly.

r39Pn6b.png
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I was joking about the Snowy thing. I will watch and see if any of my sims kneel though. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Did you know if you have a mermaid swimming in the ocean or the lake with the waterfall in Tartosa they can call up dolphins.

Yes!! I am so happy that they can do that.
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Did you know that there's an ask for blessing to marry interaction coming with the pack (that is currently utterly broken and has extremely boring outcomes)?

Hmm… boring in what way? Does it factor in things like friendship? Will be interesting to see if that gets fixed.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    The new sand terrain paint you can put on your lots functions like the beaches in the game now. (I.e. drawing in the sand, leaving footprints, etc.)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2022
    MyriadSims wrote: »
    The new sand terrain paint you can put on your lots functions like the beaches in the game now. (I.e. drawing in the sand, leaving footprints, etc.)

All sand terrain paints have done this since IL dropped, including the red desert sands.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member

They might be able to do this everywhere, at least one of mine once called a dolphin in Britechester.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    There's also a negative sentiment to a sim if you end up fighting at a Sim's wedding. Saw the one for dying but sims don't like it when you fight at their wedding too.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited March 2022

Hmm… boring in what way? Does it factor in things like friendship? Will be interesting to see if that gets fixed.

@SilentKitty:

It only checks whether the Sim you ask with is in a bad mood, otherwise the interaction will always succeed.
    It neither checks for relationships or anything else that would make (more) sense. Also, you Sim will not gain negative sentiments when the interaction fails.

Also, it's broken in a way that it actually does not show up on the parents/grandparents/aunt/uncle/brother/sister of your Sim's SO as it was intended, but on Sims your SO isn't related to at all, but that have an SO themselves.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

@SilentKitty:

It only checks whether the Sim you ask with is in a bad mood, otherwise the interaction will always succeed.
    It neither checks for relationships or anything else that would make (more) sense. Also, you Sim will not gain negative sentiments when the interaction fails.

Also, it's broken in a way that it actually does not show up on the parents/grandparents/aunt/uncle/brother/sister of your Sim's SO as it was intended, but on Sims your SO isn't related to at all, but that have an SO themselves.

Yeah it seems to not be finished because a modder found some extra icons for it in the game. So I don't know if they will finish it in a future update or not.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

@SilentKitty:

Ohh.... not checking for relationships would negate the whole point of asking for a blessing. It would be far more interesting to use it in game if it took relationships into consideration and carried long term sentiments. Well, could end up in the update, who knows.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Did you know if an adult make tea from the new tea set, kids can grab a cup of tea too.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    edited March 2022
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    There is a possible werewolf hint in a message in a bottle. Something about looking at the moon and expecting one's life will change for better or worst.

As a player of Sims since Sims2, I would consider that an Easter Egg. For all of those who love and enjoy the Occults, I hope I am correct in this.
    A lot of things you didn't know to avoid a super glitchy wedding:

- You should not have more than one arch, stereo, banquet table and bucket for the wedding ceremony to work properly.
    - Cake stages are not showing visually when there isn't any wedding cake left. If you get the option to throw the cake away, it's either spoiled or empty, no matter what it tasty it looks like
    - wedding cakes can only be cut when you have the topper removed first. Also, reserve a freely available 1*1 dining table to put it on
    -cakes will spoil when submitted for the ceremony. Also, they will often stay invisible in your Sim's inventory. Just don't submit a cake. Bake or buy it directly at the venue
    - the call to immediate interactions do only work when Sims are already near the object. Use groups and always use go here together before doing them, also make sure your couple ist actually near the object. Immediatee interactions will also work much better when selected in the relevant object.
    - Guest with a friendship level lower than 20 will react bored to the ceremony, so don't invite people you barely know.

Wow, that is completely the opposite of what we've learned up to this pack. Yikes!

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    I will explore it further as soon as the 2nd patch this month is released. The bride and groom won't even follow my "Go Here" commands during wedding party :(