Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FireflyGamer107 / coolsim9999999 --- Monthly Building Challenge

Comments

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,100 Member
    edited March 2022
    The theme for March:
    Full brief coming tomorrow or the next day.

hashtag: #fireflypacks

This time: Only Packs allowed:
    Get To Work, Bowling Night Stuff and My first Pet Stuff were all released in March of different years. March Kits: Country Kitchen, Throwback Fit Kit and Bust the Dust

Basegame is welcome, as long as it matches the basic style.

The house will be in Mangolia Promenade.

More about the March challenge:
    In a small lot in a l bed, 1 bath mobile home with a science, bowling and hamster second mobile home a scientist is secretly a hamster lady in a bowling league.

The kitchen should be a country kitchen from the kit with a small vacuum/ hand vac closet somewhere in the mobile home.

More about the lot's occupant:
    Her scientific breakthrough: invented the rodent rabid fever cure (both serums for that) after she researched the disease on the computer and found out her rodent may have ben exposed to it when he went to space in his rocket! She found out that if she gets on his nerves and he bites her, then, she could die without the serums --- and turn into a ghost hamster, herself!!! Her clothes and kitchen are stuck in the last century, but her scientific ideas are cutting edge! No one except her bowling league knows that she has a hamster or knows how to bowl and win with a score of 300 (perfect score, I think)! She wears a hamster costume to some parties with her bowling league!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

Thank you very much @rosemow :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    Another fun challenge idea! :)
    edited March 2022
    Hey everybody,

Sorry about the delay.

I'm finally going to nominate everyone for a Maxis fave for the February rooms.

Then, I'll post the March brief tonight, as well.

However, I have to postpone the February stream to Monday, March 21 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. EST.
    I still don't feel up to it.
    So, no Monday, March 7 stream.

The March stream will still be on Monday, March 28 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. EST.

So that's 2 streams 2 Mondays in a row!
    4kkjdXo.png

I have just nominated everyone who created a room for a Maxis fave :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited March 2022
    March room challenge:
    Construct a room for a house in which a scientist, bowling, hamster lady lives in a mobile home. All packs and kits, which came out in March of different years.
    Get To Work, Bowling Night Stuff and My first Pet Stuff were all released in March of different years. March Kits: Country Kitchen, Throwback Fit Kit and Bust the Dust
    Base game is welcome, as long as it matches the basic style of at least some of those packs.
    Hashtag: #fireflypacks

Brief:
    This time: Only Packs allowed:

Base game is welcome, as long as it matches the basic style of at least some of those packs.

The house will be in Mangolia Promenade.

More about the March challenge:
    In a small lot in a l bed, 1 bath mobile home with a science, bowling and hamster second mobile home a scientist is secretly a hamster lady in a bowling league.

The kitchen should be a country kitchen from the kit with a small vacuum/ hand vac closet somewhere in the mobile home.

More about the lot's occupant:
    Her scientific breakthrough: invented the rodent rabid fever cure (both serums for that) after she researched the disease on the computer and found out her rodent may have ben exposed to it when he went to space in his rocket! She found out that if she gets on his nerves and he bites her, then, she could die without the serums --- and turn into a ghost hamster, herself!!! Her clothes and kitchen are stuck in the last century, but her scientific ideas are cutting edge! No one except her bowling league knows that she has a hamster or knows how to bowl and win with a score of 300 (perfect score, I think)! She wears a hamster costume to some parties with her bowling league!

Any décor style

Info:
    From a house shell (please use the hashtag for that month which someone will make each month, please choose a room to create from that house shell. Feel free to add landscape and put activities in the yard of the house shell. For the house shell --- any size lot is fine. I was thinking of using a larger lot like a 50X50 lot. Make sure to give yourself credit for creating the house shell with a hashtag. The main areas of the house and outside landscaping/anything outside that isn’t a room could be a collab and will also be in the stream.
    This month, @JojoMOMSTER volunteered again to create the shell, but anyone in this challenge may add to the main areas.
    Then, everyone, please upload your rooms to the gallery with the
    hashtag: #fireflypacks
    Room types:
    Kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living room, dining room, study, kids room, outdoor room --- or other type of room --- as long as we get each of the rooms above in the build. Of course, we may not always need a kids’ room. Also, I'll let you know how many of each room we need for the challenge.
    Please tell me which room you want to do as soon as possible.
    I will keep track of which room types are left.
    The hashtag for the whole challenge this month:
    #fireflypacks, so please use that hashtag too so I can find everything.

On stream, I’ll tour the house.
    However, I’ll nominate each room in the challenge for a Maxis fave. I’ll also be able to tell who did which room in the finished house.

I'll post it in announcements on discord, on my Twitter and here on the TS4 forum!

Deadline: Sunday, March 27, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. EST
    Tours on my Twitch stream: Monday, March 28, 2022 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. EST
    Any budget – Residential Lot Just This Time, and base game and the following kits ONLY:

Basegame is welcome, as long as it matches the basic style of at least some of those packs.

No Custom Content (no cc) allowed.
    You may use cheats to build or for your Sims to play test your build more efficiently.

In addition, please post your rooms to the gallery using the hashtag. That way, I can easily nominate everyone for a Maxis fave!

Entry Form:
    Forum ID:
    Origin ID:
    Gallery Name of Room:
    Gallery Link:
    Building tip feedback wanted?
    Creative notes about your room:
    Back Story:
    Please Include:
    one screenshot showing most of the room
    A bird’s eye view of the room
    3 to 5 additional screenshots of your room

I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone’s rooms :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Thank you very much @Lissykin :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Great backstory for this challenge. I love her secret identity as the innocuous hamster lady that bowls. :D
    Thank you very much @Lissykin :)! I'm glad you like it so much B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited March 2022
    Our Rodentologist Immunologist Friend used to live in the green mobile home but now she is moving into the brown mobile home and would like the green one completely gutted and converted to a single lane bowling alley.

All are Welcome to join our colab and choose a room.

This is a limited pack build, Packs include: Get to Work, Bowling Night Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Country Kitchen, Throwback Fit Kit,Bust the Dust Kit

AHHYvAl.png
    zscgdA3.png

1. bedroom w closet & ensuite @Lissykin
    2. living room @Lissykin
    3. kitchen and dinette @Becka28
    4. powder room @coolsim9999999
    5. science and rodent room @coolsim9999999
    6. bowling lane (whole inside of the green mobile home) @JojoMOMSTER

please upload your room using the hashtag #fireflypacks

I am looking forward to seeing your rooms!
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
    To only load the packs for this build:

Open Origin and head to My Game Library
    Right click on The Sims 4 and select Game Properties
    Select Advanced launch options
    Enter the text i below in Command line arguments

-disablepacks:EP02,EP03,EP04,EP05,EP06,EP07,EP08,EP09,EP10,EP11,GP01,GP02,GP03,GP04,GP05,GP06,GP07,GP08,GP09,GP10,GP11,SP01,SP02,SP03,SP04,SP05,SP06,SP07,SP08,SP09,SP11,SP12,SP13,SP15,SP16,SP17,SP18,SP23,SP24,SP25,SP26,SP28,SP29,SP30

thank you to jamesturner.yt for the limited pack generator
    Hi! May I claim #2, the living room, please?
    @Lissykin thank you! Of course.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I dont think I have ever done a kitchen in these challenges, may I do the kitchen/ dinette? Thank you.
    Yes you may @Becka28 :)!

@Lissykin and @Becka28 I can't wait to see your finished rooms B)B)! Thank you very much for doing them B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited March 2022
    May I please do 5. science and rodent room @JojoMOMSTER? :)
    4kkjdXo.png

@Becka28 thank you for taking the kitchen

@coolsim9999999 thankyou for taking the rodent room,
    You're welcome @JojoMOMSTER :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited March 2022
    Here's my science and rodent room WIP and my Sim who is the head of the bowling league, and hosts her friends for bowling and play with the hamster night!
    Save Me from my Hamster is the name of her Sim Ray :D!

WIP of my science and rodent room
    k4J3XCB.png
    WIP of my Sim
    MIlvKXW.png
    everyday
    jjrPkTw.png
    athletic
    B9oRiwx.png
    party outfit 2 for when her bowling league friends go to a party with her
    She has a dress for work parties/other parties at which no one knows she's a hamster lady bowler.
    4kkjdXo.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Your science and rodent room WIP looks great! @coolsim9999999 :) Very nice science themed furnishings and machines. The computer used and the floor pattern suits a science room well. The hamster tunnels on the wall are great! The hamster chair is a great touch! The ufo is great in the room.Very great name of the simray!
    Your sim is lovely :) Her hamster party outfit is great! Very nice athletics outfit for when she goes bowling.
    You’ve packed your room with fun science stuff @coolsim9999999, can’t wait to see it! Your sim is cute and I like the hamster suit
    edited March 2022
    @coolsim9999999 I agree with all of the above. :smiley: Very creative room, I love the name of your Sim Ray (ha!) and your simmy is cute. :smile:
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited March 2022
    Love them @coolsim9999999 <3
    I'd like to make the number 1, please. 1. bedroom w closet & ensuite
    EDIT.: I am going to think it a bit more. So not taking it by the moment.
    I love the challenge but I am not sure if I have an idea for it.
    Hugs <3
    Hi @AIRIS6962 We would be happy to have you do whatever bedroom you like with the pack selection

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top