Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disable Prank toilet

Is there a way to disable the prank toilet action? Or a toilet that isn't able to be pranked without making it upgrading it to unbreakable?
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Comments

• ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited March 2022
    There's a way to do it if you have MC Command Center with its autonomy scan feature, but it will disable it globally. It's a nice mod to have for numerous reasons. I have prank toilet and maybe 12 other default sim actions disabled.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    Is there a way to disable the prank toilet action? Or a toilet that isn't able to be pranked without making it upgrading it to unbreakable?

If you are willing to use mods, there is a mod that makes it so that pranking the toilet doesn't break it but instead just makes it get dirty with a corresponding negative moodlet.

There are also mods that just disable it as an autonomous action, and you can do the same with MCCC as indicated above. I just like the solution where the prank still does something, just not something as egregious.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I find it annoying that we can’t disable the prank. Seems reasonable that if we notice something like that, there should be something we can do to fix it. I’ll probably pick up one of those mods if I am playing a goofball because that is just too much of a pain to deal with.
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    joRN1414 wrote: »

If you are willing to use mods, there is a mod that makes it so that pranking the toilet doesn't break it but instead just makes it get dirty with a corresponding negative moodlet.

There are also mods that just disable it as an autonomous action, and you can do the same with MCCC as indicated above. I just like the solution where the prank still does something, just not something as egregious.

This is a great idea in general, since not everyone can use mods. Just change it to make toilets dirty. Love this!
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    I find it annoying that we can’t disable the prank. Seems reasonable that if we notice something like that, there should be something we can do to fix it. I’ll probably pick up one of those mods if I am playing a goofball because that is just too much of a pain to deal with.

I generally keep my house locked and tend to visitors on a patio or verandah. There's way too much trouble for them to get up to inside.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I don't use mods or custom content, so my solution is locking doors. I set the bathroom door to Household Only anytime I think there might be a visitor likely to play pranks, especially Goofballs. I keep it unlocked most of the time so that other visitors can use the toilet as needed.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    edited March 2022
    Arzekial wrote: »
    There's a way to do it if you have MC Command Center with its autonomy scan feature, but it will disable it globally. It's a nice mod to have for numerous reasons. I have prank toilet and maybe 12 other default sim actions disabled.

My Global Superstar had the Goofball Trait in one iteration of him. (Yes, I've had multiple starts and stops along the way.) I found it so very tiresome. He even pranked the toilets in his dorm room at Uni. Got his girlfriend which was a big mistake! Face/palm. This last time around, however, I changed that Trait. Made the mistake of giving it to his next younger brother. Sometimes Joey would come over to visit just to prank Erik's toilets! Oi! I do have MCCC, would you be most kind to give the pathway to change this problem?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Thanks, everyone. I'm going to have to get MCCC. My sim isn't doesn't even have the goofball trait, just got mischievous and now pranks his own toilet all the time. LOL.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    @GalacticGal, using MCCC you can disable any interaction in the game from autonomous use. To do it, you follow these steps:
    1. Select a Sim and click on them.
    2. Select "MC Command Center"->"MC Tuner" -> "Enable Autonomy Scanner"
    3. Click on the object which has the autonomous action which you want to disable.
    4. Select "Autonomous Scan"
    5. Find the interaction which you want to disable in the list and click it.
    6. That's it, you're done.

The trickiest part for some autonomous actions can be identifying which item in the list in step 5 is the one you want to disable because sometimes there is more than one choice with the same description, and only one of them is the one you actually want to disable. In the case of Prank Toilet, however, that's not the case. It only appears in the list once when you click a toilet and that's the one you would want to disable.

When you're done, you also would want to turn off the autonomy scanner, by following steps 1 and 2 above. The autonomy scan is a per-sim function, so you need to have the same sim selected for the whole process and also use the same sim for both enabling and disabling the scanner. The actions which you disable, however, apply to all sims (both played and unplayed).

To reenable something for autonomy which you previously disabled, follow these steps:
    2. Select "MC Command Center"->"MC Tuner" -> "Restore Autonomy"
    3. Click the action you want to re-enable in the list of disabled autonomous actions
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Nice to hear you're getting MCCC. It really is a game changer. I don't think I'd still be playing the game if MCCC didn't exist. Without it the world seems so static, and I know you didn't ask, but some things off the top of my head I've disabled -

Prank toilet - for obvious reasons. I would have left it, but like you mentioned, sims do it on their own toilets while living alone. Pretty sure that sim ate paint chips as well.

Practice debate, freshen up in mirror - I wouldn't mind these, but sims just do them far too often so... disabled!

Funny introduction - "funny" is subjective. I'd call that little display goofy. Also, if you have the observative trait it won't show the sims trait your sim so hilariously introduced themselves to. Probably a programming oversight, but yeah... it no worky

Take bubble bath. I know, I'm a monster.

Sing - This one is bizarre. If you look through a sim's autonomy list, you'll see sing listed like a gazillion times. I know, it's a lot. I disable all but 5 because I had a sim that was just constantly singing, and it was reeely annoying. I couldn't figure out why until I saw that list. That seemed to fix it though.

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,013 Member
    edited March 2022
    I installed a mod to stop pranked toilets. I got tired of repairing them. I also have MCCC but chose another mod to handle the problem. Just thought I'd add this option to the suggestions.

No Autonomous Toilet Prank
    Thank you @lanlyn
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Wasn't this tied to either a personality trait or high mischief before, and then one update it broke and became available all the time for everyone, and they never bothered to fix it ?
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,110 Member

Ooh, I didn't know you could do it through MCC! Is there anything you can't do with that?! I'm definitley going to do that because I hate the toilet pranking.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member

Ooh, I didn't know you could do it through MCC! Is there anything you can't do with that?! I'm definitley going to do that because I hate the toilet pranking.

I wonder if there is a prank toilet bug right now. I've recently started a new save and when I'm moving sims into premade houses they come with a pink steamy toilet. lol! I just go ahead and break it and get some handiness skill
  • vickiesimsvickiesims Posts: 20 Member
    I will > @Arzekial said:
    > Nice to hear you're getting MCCC. It really is a game changer. I don't think I'd still be playing the game if MCCC didn't exist. Without it the world seems so static, and I know you didn't ask, but some things off the top of my head I've disabled -
    >
    > Prank toilet - for obvious reasons. I would have left it, but like you mentioned, sims do it on their own toilets while living alone. Pretty sure that sim ate paint chips as well.
    >
    > Practice debate, freshen up in mirror - I wouldn't mind these, but sims just do them far too often so... disabled!
    >
    > Funny introduction - "funny" is subjective. I'd call that little display goofy. Also, if you have the observative trait it won't show the sims trait your sim so hilariously introduced themselves to. Probably a programming oversight, but yeah... it no worky
    >
    > Take bubble bath. I know, I'm a monster.
    >
    > Sing - This one is bizarre. If you look through a sim's autonomy list, you'll see sing listed like a gazillion times. I know, it's a lot. I disable all but 5 because I had a sim that was just constantly singing, and it was reeely annoying. I couldn't figure out why until I saw that list. That seemed to fix it though.

I was wondering why my sim (who was living alone) was constantly getting a pranked toilet. I was blaming the neighbor but it might have just been her xD *runs to tweak MCCC*

I'm glad I happened upon this thread because I was getting very frustrated lol
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I had 3 people living in one house and then brought in a sim with the Goofball trait. I'd never had a sim with that trait before and thought he'd be playful and fun. Oh, no, instead he spent all his time pranking the toilets - I had 2 bathrooms in this house. Every time I turned around somebody was upset because of the toilet and they were peeing on the floor because there were no working toilets. I had one standing right beside the sim who was repairing the toilet, like she was standing in line. :D This sim used the toilet and then Mr Goofball came in and broke it again. That had to stop, so I changed his traits and now he's much more managable.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    @happyopi It’s from the Goofball trait.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

@lanlyn Yes! Thanks!

Pranking toilets is one of the dumbest things in this game. Especially when every toilet on every lot eventually ends up "pranked".

Of course, one of the dumbest things I've seen is a single Sim pranks their own toilet. No one else in the house, lol! DUH!
    Fixes it, then pranks it again, DOUBLE DUH! :flushed:
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Isharell wrote: »
    I had 3 people living in one house and then brought in a sim with the Goofball trait. I'd never had a sim with that trait before and thought he'd be playful and fun. Oh, no, instead he spent all his time pranking the toilets - I had 2 bathrooms in this house. Every time I turned around somebody was upset because of the toilet and they were peeing on the floor because there were no working toilets. I had one standing right beside the sim who was repairing the toilet, like she was standing in line. :D This sim used the toilet and then Mr Goofball came in and broke it again. That had to stop, so I changed his traits and now he's much more managable.

OMG! That's my game right now. I have a brother and sister living together and he always pranks the toilet, then gets the bad moodlet when he has to fix it. lol
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I don't entirely object to the pranking as it adds some variety to the game, but I do have a problem with the fact that sims will repeatedly prank their own toilets and that you can't disable the effect in game (i.e. get wise to the prank). I don't know how they might do this... Maybe. just flush away the pink substance?
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @GalacticGal, using MCCC you can disable any interaction in the game from autonomous use. To do it, you follow these steps:
    2. Select "MC Command Center"->"MC Tuner" -> "Enable Autonomy Scanner"
    3. Click on the object which has the autonomous action which you want to disable.
    4. Select "Autonomous Scan"
    5. Find the interaction which you want to disable in the list and click it.
    6. That's it, you're done.

The trickiest part for some autonomous actions can be identifying which item in the list in step 5 is the one you want to disable because sometimes there is more than one choice with the same description, and only one of them is the one you actually want to disable. In the case of Prank Toilet, however, that's not the case. It only appears in the list once when you click a toilet and that's the one you would want to disable.

When you're done, you also would want to turn off the autonomy scanner, by following steps 1 and 2 above. The autonomy scan is a per-sim function, so you need to have the same sim selected for the whole process and also use the same sim for both enabling and disabling the scanner. The actions which you disable, however, apply to all sims (both played and unplayed).

To reenable something for autonomy which you previously disabled, follow these steps:
    2. Select "MC Command Center"->"MC Tuner" -> "Restore Autonomy"
    3. Click the action you want to re-enable in the list of disabled autonomous actions

This was very helpful! I kept looking in the general settings instead of the per-sim ones.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited March 2022
    Is pranking toilets cool?

NO!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• PhobostimePhobostime Posts: 38 Member
    > @Kironide said:
    > I don't entirely object to the pranking as it adds some variety to the game, but I do have a problem with the fact that sims will repeatedly prank their own toilets and that you can't disable the effect in game (i.e. get wise to the prank). I don't know how they might do this... Maybe. just flush away the pink substance?

I wish we could exclude certain toilets from being pranked. That way we could stop sims pranking their toilet when they live alone and will be the only ones using it anyway. Or a sim in a shared house could prank the toilet in the guest bathroom but leave the one in their en-suite alone.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I've had a couple of sims prank their own toilets---why?

Then of course they would get mad when they flushed and the toilet exploded....as if they don't remember pranking it, and they were the victim of a cruel joke