Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you add popular characters to The Sims ?

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'm so glad you ask @GrumpyGlowfish. Yes, my Beast from my Belle & Beast household is actually a Vampire but looks more like a Werewolf. I played around with his look to give him many scars, a beard, long pointed nails to look like claws, big bushy hair, jointed hairy eyebrows & fangs. I only play vanilla so I can only work with what's actually in the Sims 4.
    If you're interested, you can always put him with his beautiful Belle in your game. Just remember to give me a little credit for creating them. I have them saved in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS. Oh, & have fun with them. ;)
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I added a few famous look alikes during "Get Famous": Marilyn, John Cleese, Rowan Atkinson, Emmanuelle Beart and Michael Fassbender. I also have few based on Tintin album
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2022
    I've added some celebrities/famous characters to my game in the past but it's not that much of a regular occurrence, usually when I add sims inspired by other games it's just others from this franchise. Here's a few of my favorites though

Paris Simton
    02-22-21-3-54-17-PM.png

Violet (Inspired by MySims & The Incredibles)
    03-09-21-11-29-04-PM.png

Lara Croft (for legal reasons those are water pistols. uh huh. that's totally what lara croft uses)
    pew-pew.png
  • GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member
    I do not add any characters or celebrities to my game. I don't even like having pre-mades in my game. I prefer totally random, original, and fictional sims. When making a new sim, I just keep pushing the "randomize" button until I find one I can alter to make them look how I want.
    Although, when I looked up Nikki Sixx in the gallery, I almost changed my mind. I decided against it in the end.

Completely done with EA

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2022
    Not often as main sims. My main sims are usually completely made from my imagination and characters from a book I'm writing for fun.
    But I certainly have put characters like james Charles, Brett,kylie and Kim Kardashian and others as celebrity townies. Random characters I saw on random games or TV and decided to make. I love the dress up aspect of the sims so sometimes I just CAS. It's so relaxing. I Just made Cloud and Tifa in honor of the ff7 remake and I'm still intending to make additional final fantasy characters. I think making known characters in CAS in a nice way to end stories the way you wanted them to end 😄 so frustrating when a good story you are into don't go the way you want. I continue it with my own version 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

Ah, no way! I lied! I just got a chance to update my game and found Teen Jennifer Connelly in an older section of my library. :D
    I was in need of this 80's teen babysitter (for one of my many unfinished haunted stories) and immediately thought of the protagonist from the movie Labyrinth, Sarah Williams -portraited by Connelly -, so I created a sim inspired by her.

J-Connolly.jpg

You remind me of the babe (what babe? )
    The babe with the power (what power? )
    The power of voodoo (who do? )
    You do (do what? )
    Remind me of the babe!

I can't believe I don't have Jareth in my game yet! :D

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes I do this too! That's why I love the Sims so much as it allows us to bring our favourite characters to life and create our own stories for them. My main sim was actually based on my favourite fictional character. He feels more like my own character now though since I've been playing him for so long and we've been through so much together. I suppose it's like he's from a different universe so he's different if that makes sense.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I did so more in the very beginning. I downloaded or created Sims from a handful of TV shows including Malcolm in the middle, Golden Girls, The Incredibles. Now I tend to do more family and friends. Although, I just may revisit this idea!
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I use MCCC in TS4 so that it pulls Sims from my tray when the game generates Sims and I download a TON of 'popular characters' and celebrities from my gallery into my tray. I don't add them to my game though; I find it fun to see which Sims the game pulls out of the tray into my game and I do the same in TS3 with a similiar mod.

I've got Sims in the tray from TV shows, movies, books, video games, etc. One of my more recent download sprees I added a bunch of Sims modeled after the Avengers and their actors. I haven't seen most of them in my game yet, but I did run into Natasha Romanaff a few days ago in Oasis Springs.

I download (and make) far more "normal" sims though, so that the frequency of celebrity appearances is low.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Popular characters, no; favorite characters from books I've read, yes.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited February 2022
    I basically renamed two of the Maxis premade characters Link and Zelda. I had a sim named Loki, too. I have also renamed some of the Sims I downloaded Katniss and Peeta. I did have Blackguard, too. However, those Sims are dead as a doornail now.Like Sunflower stated how she remakes herself as a sim multiple times, I have done the same thing.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited February 2022
    Definitely! One of my current and favourite Sims 2 neighbourhoods was a huge crossover, you had people like Snoop Dogg next to Optimus Prime and an anime character, always finding a way to add a little in-character drama.

It's a fun break from the usual realistic neighbourhood.

It's silly, but also just sometimes breaks you into laughter from the smallest things
    unknown.png
    L9q8VGi.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I don't add popular characters directly into my games, but if I have them saved to my Library and my MCCC settings spawn them into the world, I guess it counts? As for popular characters I know I do add, it's usually ones I've made, but there are very few. Namely the ones I can recall are my own versions of Bob Ross (happy little trees!), Sosuke Aizen from Bleach, and Bowler Hat Guy from Meet The Robinsons.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Yes. I actually have two of my favorite WWE superstars in my Sims3 game and it was from the simas gift exchange. In the sims4, not yet. Also what is MCCC?
    :) Smile!

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    If you mean real people, no. If you mean fictional characters, sort of or sometimes. My childhood had me recreating a bunch of characters from media I liked and putting them in all sorts of Sims situations, but I've always made up my own ones, too. Quite frankly, by the time I was done with the recreations they were basically mine anyway with how much I ad-libbed.

I do mostly original now myself, but every now and again I do take some inspiration from other places.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    Yes. I actually have two of my favorite WWE superstars in my Sims3 game and it was from the simas gift exchange. In the sims4, not yet. Also what is MCCC?

The...Master Control mod for the Sims 4...which is the biggest and most popular mod that exists? I would've thought everyone would've heard of it by now: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/Top
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    In Sims1 I put my teenage years boyband idol in the game, but that's all of popular reallife persons. It's not so my thing, I like it fictional. The only other popular but fictional character is a young Abigale Freemantle from The Stand by Stephen King. She is my all-time favorite character in this book.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    No. I like playing with the premades and rotationally in the Sims 2. I try to never make CAS sims and, instead, intersect all of the households and continue generation after generation.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    No, I prefer making my own characters rather than existing ones. As someone who would eventually want to get around writing my own stories, it helps when I can a create a visual representation of a character along with their personality. Also, I'm not that best at recreating other characters so there's that.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited February 2022
    I had done a couple of versions myself of actress Amber Marshall (of the long-running Canadian TV series Heartland), and eventually downloaded a version from the gallery as my own tended to barely look like her. Usually, she's a romantic interest to my male Sims or a townie. The Gallery version is based on her appearance from early seasons, thus she's a teenager. However, most of the time, she is usually young adult to adult, representing her character who is in her late 20s; or her actress, who is in her 30s. The versions I made have had some adjustments to their appearance and proportions, and they still get some time in the game as well.

Starting back when rumors of a farm pack with horses flew in early 2020; I started making a bunch of Sims based on women in rodeo. Some are pretty well-known in the sport (i.e. Hailey Kinsel, Jackie Hobbs-Crawford) others not. The initial group I made was based on a college rodeo team in Utah who had a number of photoshoots done as fundraisers 3-4 years ago; and thus seem to dominate the "cowgirl" search results on Getty Images.

Also, have some of the premade EA Sims of real people. The members of Aerosmith Echosmith have regularly gotten picked as townies; and I tend to move Rey and Vi into Willow Creek since I only bothered with the Batuu storyline once. I also saved the Sims Sessions artist Sims.

Like many here, I also have characters from franchises I don't even know existed from going on benders downloading Sims from the gallery.
    Post edited by cody6268 on
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »

The...Master Control mod for the Sims 4...which is the biggest and most popular mod that exists? I would've thought everyone would've heard of it by now: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/Top

Thanks for the information. :)
    :) Smile!

• viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    I've added Leon Kennedy/Ada Wong and Natasha Romanova/James Barnes since that's the only way either of these couples are going to have a happy relationship.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I was wondering: when you play Sims based on characters, do you think about what would be in character for them, or do you just stick them on a lot and see what they do?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    Only two. I once made a version of my favourite Kpop artist, but it was terrible because I was still learning how to design a Sim. And I currently have a kind of male version of the 13th Doctor (this has nothing to do with not liking a female Doctor at all, because I absolutely adore her and actually will cry in her last episode) who is transgender and all his outfits have some blue in.

I tend to enjoy the creativity of making my own Sims, and I have been recently making Sims from stories of my own, making their houses from their stories, and making my own houses from floorplans I've drawn over the years. It's actually quite emotional for me to see my own characters and houses like they're "alive" in a way. :) They're special to me!

And a new joy I think I'm gonna get is finding unoccupied houses, having a look around and giving the house a family who I think might live there.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    With every new EP or GP, I'd throw one in w/ their set to live their life the townie way.

Sims 2: Goopy Gilscarbo, Meadow Thayer
    Get to Work: Grey's Anatomy, the Office
    Get Together w/ Vintage Glam: Clue house in Windenburg & cast (amazing playthru), Friends Central Perk,
    City Living: Seinfeld, Will & Grace, Three's Company
    Cats & Dogs: Scooby, Bob's Burgers
    Seasons: Desperate Housewives, most 80s Barbie dolls
    Get Famous: Jennifer Anniston (Judith Ward makeover), Joan Crawford, Clueless
    Island Living: Lost, Gilligan's
    Vampires w/ Spooky Stuff: Munsters, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Interview w/ the Vampire w/ Louis' house (fun playthru)
    Realm of Magic: Bewitched
    Jungle Adventure: Romancing the Stone
    Parenthood: Modern Family