Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Desire_NightDesire_Night Posts: 1 New Member
    WOW was playing a new challenge - Build Newcrest... Saw that I could buy a lottery ticket and bam, won - $1,000,000.00 simoleans - and it said my sims life will change forever!
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    WOW was playing a new challenge - Build Newcrest... Saw that I could buy a lottery ticket and bam, won - $1,000,000.00 simoleans - and it said my sims life will change forever!

One of my sims won in my last save. I revived the save file I had in December and haven't had lottery day come up yet. I hope it does.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I still haven’t had a Sim win the lottery *pout*
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @mightysprite I love that you added chickens to a balcony. :love: And those are awesome names for chickens haha
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to figure out if a sim became pregnant after an Alien abduction?

Gui sorta got abducted because his alien-merman brother-and-law used the telescope...

I think you just have to wait until the pregnancy progresses far enough to be visible and give them moodlets. Though you might get some thought bubbles before then that might be hints. I haven't had an abduction in ages.

Between yesterday and today in my game, Yuki Behr aged up to YA and Candy's daughter Desiree aged up to child.

Yuki got irritated with the cross stitch.
    usmRHte.png

And did some jogging.
    uhlSalr.png

Desiree doesn't have any in game photos yet, just CAS.
    0NPyCPG.png
    ML9CMQ0.png
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    @Daephene I guess I get more frequent Alien Abductions with this household because there are Aliens and Scientists in the household.

So far, I haven't seen any indication of Alien pregnancy. I don't think the Techrons would survive another baby. lol.

Eos and Pixel have proven to be enough of a handful. Their parents, aunts, and uncles go out of their way to ignore their basic needs and everything else to care for them. I can't tell you how many times Nui and Gui started glowing orange from how uncomfortable they made themselves while focusing on their daughter and nephew.

Kalamainu'u and Helios have it easier. My merfolk all have the steal bladder trait and forever full trait. Those are the only two needs that can't be effectively met in the water, so I just removed them from being an issue by locking them.
    edited March 2022
    A little background info:

My Techron Household is my Sulani Alien Household. All of the Aliens were originally townies spawned in Sulani.

The only exception to this rule includes Gui and Helios.

Gui was created in CAS, and Helios is a Merman, but he's also Half-Alien.

Nui, Kalama, and Helios left planet Sixam when their parents threw Nui out for wanting to use pollination technology to have a child with Gui, his boyfriend at the time.

When they arrived in Sulani, Helios ate mermadic Kelp after his brother dared him to. Helios became a merman, and like all merfolk, he's immortal. Helios struggles with the idea of outliving his older siblings, and he uses science to try and understand magic.

Helios fell in love with Kalamainu'u Iona, who has lived with the heartbreak from her Jealous-Former Darkfin Boyfriend.

Helios has warmed Kalamainu'u's Heart, and their love for each other helped her overcome some of her negative traits. Kalamainu'u is still a loner because she struggles to trust others after Archer Darkfin betrayed her trust and murdered one of her closest friends, the Amber Merman King.

Nui and Gui, named after the Natural User Interface and Graphical User Interface, married after reuniting in Sulani. They moved forward with their plans to have a family, and Nui carried their child to term.

The Techrons live in one of my most futuristic houses with floating pods they sleep in, toilets with AI, Stereos with AIs and former robot heads. They even have a lab for the creation of new technology and droids in their basement.

They left Sulani and moved to Newcrest, which acts as a Fay neighborhood. Merfolk, Aliens, and Spellcasters regularly gather there, and the world acts as a bridge between magic and the mortal realm in my game.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    @Metior_Ice Awww wow, that’s great! Hopefully by the time you did get the pack they will have fix all the current issues and it will be an even better experience. :)<3
    Another successful decorating gig, and I haven't seen signs of Alien pregnancy.

Barnabus and Wade, Dylan's Mortal Twin sons, are giving me major doppelgänger vibes. They are so much like their dad and uncle. I think they even have that similar twin bond.

Dylan and Zeph naturally gravitate toward each other in every save. I can imagine them having their own twin language only they understand, lol. Barnabus and Wade don't seem too different in that regards.

I look forward to showing off the builds. In my head, Gui did such a good job with redecorating Dylan and Zeph's home that Dylan suggested that his wife enlist his help to improve her situation. I forgot to get screenshots, but Cecelia and Sefina, Dylan and Zeph's wives, had the bare minimum needed to meet their needs. They ate quick meals from a cooler, slept on air mattresses, and they didn't even have a functional tub. They washed the twins in the sink, and cleaned themselves up in the sink.

Obviously, Dylan can't leave his responsibilities to Sulani and the Mua Pel'am Pod to be with his wife, same for Zeph. However, the Twins aren't about to let their family endure that kind of living.

I'm low key wondering if interior decorating is a cheat for legacy households. Cecelia and Sefina have astronomically better living conditions thanks to Gui.
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    edited March 2022
    Update: Winterfest! One of my favorite holidays to play in my game, especially with the Holden fam.

Some Winterfest Eve activities..

TEKKUyK.jpg

Don't forget to prep the grand meal!
    Darla and Dallas cooking a ham for Winterfest:
    hA4ttSM.jpg
    iuZCdrf.jpg
    Time for gifts!
    The Holden family had some guests over to celebrate Winterfest with. Wade's parents came to visit all the way from Strangerville, and Darla's best friend's family (who happens to be the neighbors) came over to open gifts.
    KSqIqiN.jpg
    3yJnBrI.jpg
    vZuoUQQ.jpg

And finally, the kids got to see Father Winter!

n8YHmNY.jpg
    Post edited by lemonella on
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
    @Metior_Ice I love all the mythology inspired mermaid/alien lore you've given to your Sims!! Amazing. :heart: Do you have pics up somewhere?
    Hey all! Got a new big update for my vampy sims.
    Last we left off with Belladonna and Simon getting married. Now they are on their honeymoon in Windenburg, Belladonna loves all the rich history that took place there.
    The number one thing on her list of activities to do was visit the Von Haunt Estate, she loves the story and the beautiful grounds, she could get lost for days there. Luckily she had just learned how to make the sun reversal cocktail so her and Simon could take in the grounds during the day.
    0nYR0LY.png
    rlHHYua.png
    lKXye7H.png
    It really was a special day because they got a rare glimpse of the late lord and lady of the house.
    5kIqq1H.png

Simon had an activity request, he wanted to finally enjoy a day at the pool under the sun. Belladonna had the recipe to make that happen. Simon was so happy he did a backflip into the water!
    D15AllY.png
    Now this is a vacation.
    z7e3hSN.png
    fhAgCKl.png

Later that night they decided to go back to the Estate and enjoy it's beauty in the moonlight. They even found a bush on the far ends of the property to woohoo.
    jeJOmLX.png
    t0vvAVs.png
    5XbH8lz.png
    2C3x4JA.png

Meanwhile back home...
    Brianna Lynn was having a bit of a vacation of her own.
    7ZRoidd.png
    zLpoD2C.png
    HKauHdo.png
    qunNSGu.png

Things escalated very quickly with her and Caleb as you just saw, it was as if they were picking up from where they left off in another realty.
    One night at home while she was trying out a new plasma beer, Brianna Lynn got a call from Caleb to meet him outside the park. Caleb was super nervous looking when she arrived, she had never seen him this way. "Are you ok?", She asked. "I.. I'm fine.", He said "Brianna, this is going to sound crazy since we haven't been going out very long but...", "Will you marry me?"
    "What?!" "I must even more crazy because I say, Yes!"
    yburgG8.png
    x8UGMuc.png

"Let's be even more crazy and have our wedding right here at this park.", She said "But what about our family?", Caleb asked. "My Sister just had the wedding of the decade, I highly doubt we need to trouble everyone with another one."
    So they got married, it was actually kind of cool having a moonlight wedding and no one knowing about it. It was their style.
    PaKz6ut.png
    oTNLfOf.png

Belladonna and Simon finally made it back from their honeymoon and were anxious to hear how Brianna got along. She was being very mysterious about it and finally opened up to her sister about her big news. Bella was shocked of course but not as shocked as the next bit of news she told her.
    c42giwD.png
    "I'm pregnant!"
    yG5Yiz9.png
    YGmfxuj.png
    It took a turn Brianna Lynn didn't expect. Her sister took her head off! She was furious she would go off and get married and pregnant all while she was away on Honeymoon. "This is so typical of you to do something like this!", She yelled.
    J3GOUZ7.png
    bozcJXw.png

a day later Belladonna apologized for her behavior towards her happy news. She told Brianna Lynn she was jealous because her and Simon had been trying to get pregnant for awhile and have had no luck. It just rubbed her the wrong way but they worked out everything and were excited to start preparing for the arrival the of not one but two babies!
    Guidry was happy for the babies as well.
    WfsGZWH.png
    Twin Girls, Brianna Lynn couldn't believe it. Belladonna was of course hurting on the inside but couldn't let her sister know that.
    Zkrly3t.png
    Caleb couldn't stop talking and feeling of his littles girls. He was so proud.
    t9rIax6.png
    0lTTIFG.png

Things had settled down for the family while they awaited the birth and Lily had everyone playing a game together. Her Aunt and Uncle are very competitive. Bella was at work and missed out on all the fun, sadly.
    jn90bbn.png
    d8HnofC.png
    z0kgxBw.png

The day finally came, Brianna Lynn went into labor the next morning. It must have been from her rage of losing the video game match. Two healthy baby girls were born, Blair and Crimson.
    Iookxvu.png
    Belladonna Help her niece for the first time and was filled with memories of when Lily was a baby. She longed ever harder to carry Simon's child.
    U9TtpWm.png
    mrKyOpF.png
    Lily even got a cuddle and naturally had the babies giggling with her silly faces.
    Ruw363x.png
    8eWYchg.png

Sadly, because Brianna and Caleb had grown their own family now, it was time for them to move back into Caleb's house. The babies had grown into toddlers and they unfortunately were little monsters but cute monsters.
    Crimson on her rocking horse.
    C4CGMoG.png
    and Blair in her favorite fuzzy sweater.
    v0fOvWG.png

Belladonna started to feel ill quite a lot so she sent Lily to spend time with her Grandparents until she got better.
    Lily was in a clingy stage so she was rather tense the whole time but thank goodness she had her Grandpa here to tuck her in and knowing she was sleeping in her mom's old bed made her feel a little closer and more secure.
    GFjAE2i.png
    Lily came back home with a huge surprise, her Mom looked different, her belly was slightly bigger. She was having a baby! Finally!
    YBiTVMo.png
    WIzZL8X.png
    Simon felt like his brother did, he understood how he felt and the extreme urge to protect his wife and baby at all cost.
    BAjulAv.png
    bjDqPOc.png

Later that night they laid out under the stars in bliss they were finally going to be parents. Then Belladonna dropped a bomb on Simon..
    bqeDJMl.png
    lzYW1pe.png
    "We're having twin boys."

@OhMyHemsworth I love your vampire love story with rival sisters. :heart:
    Elliandre wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice I love all the mythology inspired mermaid/alien lore you've given to your Sims!! Amazing. :heart: Do you have pics up somewhere?

I'll share an update as soon as I am able to. I have screenshots to share... Lots of screenshots. It takes me some time to dig through them, edit them, and share them.

I had a major college assignment due last week, so I didn't have time to make an update.

I created a thread for my story called the Immortal Merfolk Legacy. My past updates should be there, and I'm also going to share a background update for the Techron Household that should help integrate them into the current story.

I created the Techron Household to play through the Scientist Career and the Dream Home Pack.
    @Elliandre Merfolk lore goes much deeper and is much richer than the Little Mermaid.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    What fun @OhMyHemsworth ... I love all the kiddos' different looks and personalities.
    gen3-banner.png
  • DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    @OhMyHemsworth was the twin boys and twin girls thing on purpose ore just accidental?
    @mightysprite Haha Thanks.😄 I have a lot planned for those girls.😈

@YellowLady It was planned, I thought it would be fun to them both have twins. Plus I really wanted Belladonna to have lots of Simon’s babies.😂
    Thanks @Elliandre :)
    I thought of those names when Cottage Living came out, but it took me a few months to rotate back around to the right family :D was worth the wait
    gen3-banner.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    My sim is running a luxury restaurant which only sells chicken nuggets and we're currently trying to get it to a 5 star rating

Best of luck on that. Reminds me of an episode in Murder, She Wrote. Jessica Fletcher was one of the backers of the new restaurant. The Owner/Chef was hoping for the type of clientele who would be willing to pay 25 dollars for a plate of chicken wings, or something on that order.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Hey everyone!
    Here’s some comments
    @desire_night That’s awesome! I don’t think I’ve ever had a played sim when the lottery!
    @daephene I like your Yuki! She looks cute trying to knit there:)
    @metior_ice I love the origin of Nui and Gui’s names!
    @jpajari I absolutely love the screenshots of Dallas and Darla’s Winterfest. That is a lovely home and family
    @ohmyhemsworth Belladonna and Simon had a great honeymoon at Von Haunt estate. I love that place. What a showdown between Belladonna and Briana. I hope a baby comes along for Belladonna and Simon too. Briana’s twins are so cute and I loved that pic of her and Caleb playing videogames…
    Ohh wait. Congrats to Belladonna! Twin boys!
    @hillybeth I’m sorry you had a buggy wedding with the new pack. But your screenshots of their wedding were beautiful!
    @brd709 What a fun birthday party!
    @mightysprite I adore your Lopez family! Alex and Seema are such lovely people and friends to the people in their life. I absolutely love that they kitchens on their balcony!

So here's what's been happening in my game:)

I am getting a bit burnt out on my main/legacy save. So I started a new one to play on the side! Don’t worry, the adventures of my Morecombe and Beauchamp clans will continue, I just need to mix up play styles. I have so many sims in my legacy save that it gets overwhelming sometimes. This new save I’m focusing on one sim. I’m sort of doing a fixer-upper renovation challenge. Basically build a terrible, disgusting house with all the worst items possible. Set lot traits to filthy/grody, creepy crawly etc. Have one unsuspecting sim inherit the dump and they have to work from home. I get to renovate the house one room at a time as a they can afford it. I set up a retail shop where they can buy furniture (the higher priced furniture makes for more challenge). They buy paintings during festivals or from random easels, or paint their own to decorate the house. They can knit and needlepoint craft projects to decorate as well.
    I have this one sim in particular from my legacy save I wanted to get to know. Lan Fen! She’s still an orphaned teenager in that one. Her dad was Professor Jing Fen (daughter via CAS genetics)
    Professor Fen kicks the bucket.
    It begins with Professor Jing Fen. He’s the cranky old professor that shipped with Discover University. Professor Fen is a tenured professor at Britechester University who teaches history and occult studies. Ewyq0kM.png
    He bought a run down old Southern Gothic style home in the remote community of Forgotten Hollow. He planned on fixing it up CRuRthm.png
    But one unfortunate day, he had a massive heart attack and died. K9m92oy.png
    The Heiress
    The home and what very little finances he had left passed to his only child and remaining living relative, Lan Fen. Professor Fen was little liked by his friends and colleagues. He was mean, evil, hated children, and dastardly (those are the traits he ships with!). He got custody of his daughter after his ex-wife passed away under mysterious circumstances. Their daughter Lan Fen was still an infant. Fen did not bond with her and their relationship was strained. He never wanted children. But he did make sure she was cared for. She was raised by a succession of nannies and governesses, and then was shipped off to boarding schools and finishing schools. She applied for university when she came of age. She graduated with a degree in communications, got a dinky but adorable apartment in San Myshuno and was working as an investigative journalist. Lan Fen is a geek, bookworm, and a genius. She aged up with good manners, responsibility and compassionate traits. Lan loves to write, play video games, and loves to play the piano and violin. GX8qdbl.png
    It was hard making a living on her own in San Myshuno so she jumped on the opportunity to move into a paid-for-house! So off to Forgotten Hollow she went.
    Lan was grieving the death of her father. Even though they had a horrible relationship, she still mourned his passing. She was truly alone in the world now. p4BKkfD.png
    The Dump
    She has his house. But hoo boy what a mess. Everything was broken and filthy tlcoVW2.png
    It was crawling with rats zJ0JI8m.png
    Spiders and other pests. UdjVLh5.png
    She set about working on fixing the broken plumbing and cleaning. Poor kid was so miserable. FuPI4K4.png
    But she perked up once she got over the mourning period.
    Most of the furniture came with the house but she did inherit a few pieces from her father. Lan is determined to fix the place up and bring the old place to life tqp7oMK.png

New Job, New neighbors!
    But she needs money to do that. She lost her job with the newspaper when she moved out of San Myshuno, so she took a job as a freelance writer and works from home. She has a great work ethic and took as many gigs as she could. N7J66YC.png
    Meanwhile, she got to know her neighbors. She met the Vatore twins.
    She’s practically best friends with Caleb and he comes over all hours of the day to visit. usgKj2D.png
    I haven’t played with the new neighborhood stories aspiration yet or the the new aspirations that shipped with the Bust the Dust kit. So what a perfect opportunity!
    She managed to persuade Caleb on pursuing his dream job. He became a babysitter lol
    She and Lilith get along well but Lilith never comes over. Ei2ORLd.png
    She met Vlad one night and politely introduced herself. He thinks she’s just swell and she got the adoring sentiment for him lol!! XD She talked him into pursuing his dream job. He works in the criminal career (I was laughing so hard) sxjELqt.png
    She picked up a new hobby. Knitting! I plan on having her decorate the house with her craft projects as she levels up. yJ2uLAL.png

LURRRVE is in the Air
    One day, Caleb invited her to the Romance Fesitval. Hmmm. Is this a not-a-date date? She threw some flower petals at him. Then he zipped off to the bar to talk to the fancy toilet. Nevermind Own7JxK.png
    She got a tshirt, ordered some pho, and drank some sakura tea. 2VanYUv.png
    She picked some lovely flowers. I also had her buy some cute paintings at the festival. RzQsD48.png
    Caleb came back around. Lan had just been talking to Angela Pleasant when she thought the 2 of them would hit it off. So she set the two of them up 2SxIB1d.png
    Her instincts were right. Caleb and Angela decided to start dating! 714tSF9.png
    Is there any romance in her future? Well the romance guru was quite a hottie. His name is Afu Kananana g42WdBa.png
    I can’t believe this guy is a random townie! (I have MCCC to generate mostly YA-otherwise he’d be an elder) yhwS8aV.png
    Lan asked if she had any romance prospects in her future. He said she’d have to wait many moons before it would happen…somehow Afu, I think love might come sooner than expected. U112irB.png

New kitchen!
    And as to the house projects…
    She bought a cute table and chairs at the local antiques store.
    Her hard work paid off and she was able to renovate her kitchen! She managed to clean the kitchen. Repair the plumbing. Clear the spider webs and set rodent traps. New paint job, new wallpaper, the counters and cupboards were redone, the old linoleum was pulled up to show some lovely antique tile underneath. BopjdxX.png

Till next time! 7kt5k2i.png
    @sarabeth2984 Great story! I look forward to reading more. Lan has dad's work ethic for sure, if not much else from him
    One day, Caleb invited her to the Romance Fesitval. Hmmm. Is this a not-a-date date? She threw some flower petals at him. Then he zipped off to the bar to talk to the fancy toilet. Nevermind

Oh boy that's the sims, isn't it??
    I hope Caleb and Angela will be very happy together. Now that's an interesting pairing.

Lan is so elegant in this picture :)
    2VanYUv.png

I really like how you did the disgusting kitchen! That is not easy to do in sims
    and I agree, Afu is adorable, sometimes the game just gives us beautiful townies!

gen3-banner.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited March 2022
    A Brand New World, An Erik Cantrell REBOOT

The alarm on his phone went off and Erik Cantrell jolted awake. Throwing back the covers he crawled backward to reach the ladder on the top bunk bed. School was in one hour and he barely had enough time to wake up, let alone anything else. Even though they moved to Del Sol Valley in the summer, he was still on Vulcan time. A planet that took three months of travel in space to reach from here. That was at Warp Speed. His father, a school teacher by trade had a nice enough Space skiff, but Warp Speed was a luxury it didn’t have. Despite the extra months in space, he was still on Vulcan time. In the past, what Erik suffered from was called Jet Lag. He certainly had the lag, down.

“Forbidden Words!” he ranted, as he dashed his bare foot against the door jam. He went from a very futuristic-styled home to something right out of the 18th century. The log-cabin they lived in now, was large enough, and convivial, but so very different. And while it had lots of charm and many modern-ish (early 20th century was his guess) amenities, it wasn’t like the house they lived in before. The Cantrell family had lived on the red planet for all of sixteen years. Erik’s parents, Joseph and Louise Cantrell had just had Aaron when Joseph received an offer to teach in the Human Community on Vulcan. The type of position that looked great on any resume. Erik, consequently had been born in space, Aaron barely a year old when Erik came into the universe. Which made for a very interesting answer whenever a new kid asked where he was born. “In space. No, it’s true I’m from outer space.” Erik loved to jest.
    ajQ362N.jpg

Running a brush through his shoulder length platinum hair, Erik made a face at himself in the mirror. Practicing his best ‘Come on,’ expression. “Hey, Baby, new in town? Well, I am, maybe you’d like to show me around?” Suddenly a loud bang on the door jolted Erik out of his fantasy.
    “Who have you got in there? C’mon, Erik, we’re all going to be late if you don’t get your nates in gear! I’m not sitting in Detention on account of you!” Aaron was always grumpy when he first woke up and on into the morning, too.
    “Keep your shorts on, I’m coming. It’s not like there aren’t three other bathrooms on this floor and three more downstairs. Sheesh.”
    “Don’t be a nates,” Aaron growled, as Erik emerged from the lavatory. He lightly flicked his older brother in the gut with the back of his hand as he left the room. “I’d rather be an nates than a nincompoop.”
    “Hey," the red-haired Sim snarled.
    Joey and Brianna came running out of the house, with nine year old Adrian way behind. “Come on,” Brianna hollered at the youngest Cantrell child. “If we miss the bus again because of you, I won’t speak to you for a week,” the girl said.
    “Better still we’ll shanghai you so that you can sit in detention in our stead,” Joey promised.
    “You do, and I’ll tell MOM,” the Child wailed.
    “I’ll tell Mom,” his siblings mocked. Erik dropped back from the others and placed an arm about the child. “Hey, don’t cry your classmates will bully you.”
    “You mean just like the four of you?”
    “Eh, we’re not bullying you so much as helping you have a thick skin. You’re getting old enough to drop the whole baby routine, you know. You’ll be ten next birthday, that makes you a Tween. You best start acting it.”

The four teens walked Adrian to his bus, arriving just as the long blue and silver hovercraft pulled up to the curb. They all but shoved the boy through the hatch before they took off running down a few more blocks to catch their own bus. They barely made it. Aaron grumbled, taking a seat next to the window. “Scoot over, you don’t need to hog the entire bench,” Erik said, throwing his backpack onto the floor at his size-eleven feet. “Sheesh I hate it when you get mad. You know, you’re just not so nice. You need to work on that temper of yours.”
    “And you need to learn when to shut-up. I swear,” Aaron said, shaking his head as he slipped his arm around Erik’s neck and shoulder, “I’ll get you into a half-nelson and break you like a twig.”
    “Let go,” Erik gurgled, clawing at his brother’s arm. Aaron was very tall and had the strength to match his size. Erik was nearly as tall but wasn’t the physical type. His was a more tender spirit. Empathetic. “You damage my vocal cords and you’ll be sorry. Plus, the bus driver is watching.”
    Brianna in the seat behind the eldest two boys, reached over the back of the seat and whacked Aaron on the back of his head. “Let him go, or I’ll use the Vulcan Death Grip on you.”
    “Really, little sister, I’d like to see that one,” Aaron laughed as he released Erik who spent the next minute or two working his neck and practicing the musical scales with his voice. When Erik moved onto the ‘Lollies”, Aaron’s temper sparked again. “You do know, Bree, that there is no such thing as a Death Grip, right?”

“Yes, it’s simply a nerve pinch but it will render you unconscious for a time, just the same. And I think we could all use a break from you about now.” Her demeanor was such she showed no emotion.
    “Good, I was beginning to wonder just what they were teaching you up in the Vulcan Temple all of these years. Wait, a break from me?” Aaron made a pretense of helping to straighten Erik’s clothes.
    “Yes, we already have a Dad, we don’t need you to be a second one.”
    “We already have a Dad,” Aaron mocked. “I was just giving him a noogie. What?” he said to her cool, icy stare. The light blue of her eyes shone through the narrow sliver of her eyelids. “ He deserved it.” Aaron shrugged.

The school day was long and boring. Erik nearly fell asleep in his chair. Having already been through high school on Vulcan, all five of the Cantrell children were light-years ahead of their classmates. But since they were all under eighteen years old, the law prescribed them to enroll and attend school. Adrian was the only one who didn’t complain, he was busy making friends. The only good that came from sitting through classes where the material was familiar, if not already quite known, was this put them on the accelerated track. Once their birthday hit for the older four, school was over.

For Erik, this was his last two semesters. He spent most of his time writing songs and licensing them, hoping one day someone, somewhere, would recognize his talent. Arriving home from school for the day, he diligently worked on his homework. There was a Karaoke Contest down in NewCrest at the Karaoke Bar tonight. Having not completed the work, he was prevented to go to the one on Sunday, last. He hoped if he got his work done in time, his parents would allow him to participate. He also urged each of his siblings to help him out and get their work done, too. Happily, they all sat down at the diningroom table and studied away. Glancing around the long table, Erik smiled. “Thanks, guys, I really appreciate this. And I’m done.” He said, snapping the thick, blue text book shut. Almost as if they had practiced it, they each, in turn followed suit, snapping their books shut and declaring they were done.
    XdeD0RE.jpg

Once their father got home from work, and completed his own ‘homework’ grading his students papers, his parents gave their consent. Off to NewCrest they went. The Cantrell House, as the residents of Del Sol Valley called it, had been inherited by Joseph Cantrell from his Grand Uncle, Joseph Cantrell. The elder Sim had no heirs and to anyone’s recollection he had never married. So, his namesake inherited it lock, stock and barrel. The Elder was also a Sim of some wealth. Being as astute as his grand uncle, Joseph continued to work, keeping an eye on the obscene amount of Simoleons. He was by no means stingy, but he was careful to not overspend, either. Erik had his own drone. Aaron had some exercise equipment, Joey had a microscope and the family had an over-sized telescope in the backyard. Brianna had her own portable Archaeological table, since she was, already a certified Archaeologist. Adrian had a fine replica of an Old Pirate sailing vessel in the side yard.

The family reached the NewCrest Karaoke Bar, just prior to the start of the contest. Erik turned on his drone, George, to live stream and ordered Cream Sodas for his party. He barely had a sip to wet his throat before it was his turn to compete. Hearing his name called, he swiveled off of the bar stool, his stomach taking a lurch. For a moment, he lost all color in his face. “Erik, honey,” his mother said. “Breathe. Nice slow deep breaths. You’ve got this.” Absent-mindedly, breathing as instructed Erik nodded at his mother. He took the stage, selected the song he intended to sing, and then held the microphone up. The lights dimmed.
    IdII76G.jpg

"Good Evening, everybody. My name is Erik. Erik Cantrell," he began.
    udhNkaX.jpg

Awash in adrenalin, Erik belted out "Hotter Than Sin". As he sung his heart out, the audience drew near. When he finished, the applause was so loud Erik's ears hurt. Maybe this is my path.
    ePCbUe9.jpg

The flow of energy from the audience filled him. Intoxicating. Hypnotic.
    fMrmUKV.jpg

Time dragged on. Erik’s eyelids grew heavy as he sat at a table with his mother. Contest rules were such, that a contestant had to stay to the end or forfeit. The crowd had loved Erik. He fed off of their energy. He had always wanted to sing. Not Karaoke, per se, but performing his music before a crowd. When the end of the contest came, Erik waited with bated breath for the announcement. "And tonight's winner with an impressive 82 out of 100 points, is Erik Cantrell. Come on, give it up for the kid!" Again, the applause was deafening. The Host then handed him an envelope. With shaky hands, Erik realized he won §500.00 along with the Title, for which he was invited back on the coming Thursday to defend.

All for now, thanks for reading. :)

Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Miko Ojo has been moving in high society these days. The celebrity Izzy Fabulous called and asked to meet her due to her sparkling reputation. They hit it off and became friends.
    izzy.png

After a couple of meetings with the Fengs at the National Leader Estate (and one unofficial get-together with Lily at her home), Miko has been welcomed to use the Estate for fundraising events whenever she wants. Unfortunately, when she went there to set up for such an event, Victor pretended not to know her. Fame has gone to his head, I suppose? Miko attempted an introduction, even though she shouldn't have needed one, and Victor wouldn't relent. It caused a rift in their relationship. She's still not sure what happened... and she's really not sure if she's going to go on supporting Victor's policies after this...

For work, Miko dropped by the apartment of some new arrivals to the neighborhood from Sixam to get to know them.
    She was surprised to find two families crowded into a tiny apartment, even though the adults had good jobs, including one Police Chief, and even though the two men (Kayden and Kale) were friendly with the Fengs as well. Kayden is married to Brandie, a human. Kale and his wife Imani met here in San Myshuno, but they're both from Sixam.
    alien-neighbors1.png

There were three toddlers running around. Alien toddlers are cute.
    alien-neighbors2.png

Miko and her nesting partner Akshara invited the new neighbors to the park, along with their toddler Marco, Akira Kibo and his toddler son Junichi. Apparently some alien biology is similar to sim biology...
    alien-neighbors-park.png

Akshara and Akira bonded over chess. Akira and Miko's messy breakup is long past now. Everyone is entertaining the possibility of becoming friends again.
    alien-neighbors-park2.png

Humor and Hijinks festival. Marco told his first joke!
    baby-tells-jokes.png

Miko has been making gradual strides in her relationship with Aadhya, Akshara's teen daughter. Aadhya is troubled, a kleptomaniac with poor grades and a worrying interest in juice. She and Akshara don't get along. Miko has been trying to help. Actually, little Marco helps more than anything, since Aadhya completely adores him. But suddenly tragedy struck...
    "Mom, what are you doing in my room go away... Hey, aren't you standing a little close? I'm putting my bed down."
    death1.png

Mom was a little close, it's true...
    ...but Aadhya was the one who got caught
    death2.png

For a moment it seemed she might recover
    death3.png

But she did not.
    death4.png

Miko's final attempt to rescue Aadhya proved unsuccessful
    death-truly-gone.png

She's gone.
    death5.png

Marco woke up screaming. Before his moms could think how to explain to him what had just happened, he grabbed a serving of fruit salad from the kitchen, and toddled into Aadhya's room. He ate on her bed, very quietly, as if he felt a sense of companionship with her urn.
    death6.png

The family held a small funeral.
    death7.png

Everyone grieves in their own way. Akshara discovered a work option that was new to me
    grieving-mope.png

At home, she drowned her sorrows in robotics
    robotics1.png

She made a cleanbot and has been calling it Baby. Miko is a little worried.
    robotics2.png

Miko, for her part, is drowning her sorrows in skinny-dipping with one of her other girlfriends
    drowns-sorrows-in-skinny-dipping.png

And every time I turn around, Marco is here.
    death8.png

Or was, until Akshara upgraded the bed to prevent the next owner from having a similar misfortune...
    death-upgraded.png

and sold it.
    death-sold.png

Akshara also mourns in a more traditional way, late at night when she doesn't have to talk to anyone.
    akshara-mourns.png

Akira and Junichi came over to visit and comfort the family.
    Miko felt grateful. She and Akira had a long talk and now consider each other best friends.
    "Maybe this is what we should have been all along," Akira said.
    "I'm glad we got here eventually," Miko said.
    best-friends-is-best.png

And maybe there's another best friendship coming along in the next generation.
    junichi-and-marco.png

Since deciding that she and Akira are best friends, Miko completed her Friend of the World aspiration, making her my first sim to complete two aspirations (Serial Romantic, which she begins the game with, was the first.) Neighborhood Confidant is next.
    friend-aspiration-completed.png

There's plenty to know about the neighborhood apparently... Salim and Tanvi, I'm glad you guys are keeping things creative. Please write about it in your next novel.
    love-noises.png

Spooky Day came... and with it, a spooky surprise
    Miko went jogging to discover-- The ghosts were out in the full sunny morning!
    A whole flock of them! All looking dazed!
    spooky1.png

And yes, there she was
    spooky2.png

Miko alerted Akshara, who dashed downstairs, and immediately started yelling "How dare you be so careless with that bed and die on me??"
    spooky3-how-dare-you.png
    (Check out the little "Z" in Aadhya's chest, from her manner of death!)

Akshara yelling and Aadhya getting angry... Oh, it's just like old times.
    spooky4-just-like-old-times.png

Miko invited Aadhya up. "You know, anytime you want to come and visit, we would love to have you."
    (I'm not sure if ghosts need keys, being able to walk through walls and all, but it seems Aadhya appreciated the gesture.)
    spooky5-key.png

Aadhya took a few special moments for her brother. Angry or not, she adores him.
    spooky6-with-marco.png

Fresh from all these confusing memories, Marco aged up. His dad Jaime came over for cake.
    marco-bday.png

Here he is as a kid. He is cisgender, Erratic, and has decided to only wear white.
    marco-bday-cas.png

Miko thinks that if he makes it through this with only a weird clothing preference by way of damage, they'll be okay.

Fortunately they have some wonderful neighbors. Marco and Paola are getting along great.
    marco-and-paola.png
    gen3-banner.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Finally made my Alien/Spellcaster Space Pirates from the year 2525. They landed on Earth in this little Island called Tartosa. Warning to all sims, they are Pollinators. Meh, ha, ha, ha, ha. >:):p

If any simmers wants to check them out, they are saved in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top