Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would those who own Eco Living please...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    The trash items only show up on the lots in Eco living. They do have several lot traits that do different things. As far as pollution you can take care of that with using things like solar power, and wall paper and flooring that is green. And, if you do want a polluted neighborhood you can use things to cause that too.

I like some of the CAS. I like the dumpster and being able to find furniture, food etc. in it. I like. the candle maker, fizzy machine and the Maker machine ( you can make special furniture with ), and there is a maker career. There is a plant you can make wax with I believe, and there are dyes in the game. The world is a bit on the small side, but there are sim cute downloads on the gallery, especially for the harbor area. It has 2 apartment buildings each with 2 small apartments which are fun to design, it has a bug house, and I believe the crickets you can make cricket flour with. It has a new lot called a community lot in which you can make a community garden, market place or maker place, and you can make these lots in other worlds too.

I don’t like some of the neighborhood NAPs, but you can make it where only your playable sims can vote in the game play section, which I suggest you do, before you play after getting the pack if you don’t want people stealing your furniture or wearing bags on their heads. I believe you can turn the naps off completely too if you want to. I have thought about doing that too.

I think the pack is worth it, but you may have to do some prepping of lots in neighborhoods after buying the pack for your neighborhoods to go green or polluted.

The soybean plant yields wax, but only one cube (one candle) per day. It does produce wax out-of-season, however.

I agree about the NAPs - I have mine set to allowing only playable Sims to vote, which means that you decide what NAP is enacted. (It'll start out with a random NAP, but the only effect that has is to allow your Sims to gain NAP points if they do things for the NAP.)

For the fabricator, it's useful to have more than one Sim in the house with fabrication skill. They can enthuse with each other about fabrication (it's a conversation option), and that unlocks some additional items.

I just played the civil designer career last night, and learnt some new things I didn't know. You get a blueprint pad at the start of the career. Creating blueprints and mailing them off (it's an option at the mailbox) can get you a few Simoleans and a better chance at promotion. If you choose the green eco-inovator path and submit blueprints, you can unlock the smog vacuum, hydroponic planter, the ability to make granola and a few other foods and a throw rug on the fabricator. The smog vacuum is only useful if you have a polluted neighbourhood (it won't help a 'neutral' footprint). The hydroponic planter allows you to grow plants that never need watering. (It's not the same as the Bloomer upright planter, which also comes with the pack.) You also unlock the ability to grow fake meat on the Bloomer planter.

The dumpster is rather fun - you can find some items that aren't in BB, such as another variety of bicycle and the chequered and 'grim' dyes for candles and the fabricator.

The downside to the pack is that you get an eco footprint in all worlds. I've found it hard to get my lived-in neighbourhoods into the 'green' category, and it can be rather annoying if your neighbourhood is constantly switching from green to neutral (the game notifies you each time). I've learnt to live with neutral. You can't clean up the trash in the eco world unless it's moving toward green, but you don't get trash everywhere in other worlds, at least.

I just recently played on a community lot I have, and at the sales table someone was selling tons of dyes, they also had beeswax cubes and I believe soy wax cubes or something like that. I haven’t really gotten in too much with making the different things you can make in the pack. My community lot had maker stuff, plants and market tables, and people were showing up doing things in all areas
  • Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    Good ideas! Thank you @Umbreon12
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I love this pack. In some loads I have NAPS disabled and in others where I have more eco driven sims the NAPS are enabled.

The only world to get smog outside of the pack was in Myshuno Spice District. But that took forever to happen and to reverse it I just used the cheat.

Otherwise I've loved the pack but it did take me some time to embrace it. I build heavily with it and as for CAS I equally enjoy it. It does add a lot of game play. My only two annoyances is that the world itself .. off lot...I wish it would change more as things improved like Sulani. The free love nap.
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    I really enjoy how it can if you give the effort, affect all worlds. The random quirks and add ons completely change the lifestyles of the sims and encourage a healthy or distratrous lifestyle.

CAS is good but a bit alternative for my taste but there are quite a few good hairstyles for men and women.

I only recently (last month) started playing with the world and it is GORGEOUS! and unlike any of the other sims worlds and it comepletely changes aesthetics in a magnificent way!
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Good ideas! Thank you @Umbreon12

You're welcome, I usually think over what I get, before I buy it, or how to use it.
    I got outdoor retreat on sale, because it gives you a vacation world, but also tents if you want to live off the grid. Eco Lifestyle gives you a world, which i mostly got it for, but it allows your Sim to live off resources.
    A pack I got on sale that I wanted, was Cottage Living, and you live off a farm.
    So,basically I have the means for my Sims to live off the grid, just haven't really done it yet.
  • Options
    ThatFlutterGuyThatFlutterGuy Posts: 19 Member
    > @Umbreon12 said:
    I totally agree, whenever a new pack drops and it includes a world I always hop on it; and it would be great to do rags to riches
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    I really love this pack!
    I love the crafting gameplay especially. Candle making, fabrication, juice fizzing, recycling. Unlocking new inventions for the fabricator through the civil designer career.
    Off-the-grid gameplay is awesome with this pack too.
    I also love the community spaces, and the idea of voting as a community on what you want most in the community space. It's really nice to have some community/neighborhood level gameplay in the Sims.
    I like the NAP process and the general idea (again, community/neighborhood level gameplay). But I wish we could create our own NAPs, and I wish the game's NAPs didn't come with so many chaotic autonomous actions.

The build/buy and CAS I use constantly, too, and there's a lot of it.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I really like that expansion pack, and I use a lot of its items. What I like on this pack is the support for off the grid-living, dive for deals and the ability to repair burnt items, the debug items and the free love nap. This NAP I like to use when I don't want to deal with jealousy, when my sim should have several love liasons at the same time. Some of the cas clothes I find strange-looking, but okay, I don't have to use them. Very useful is the shredder for me. It's so easy to get rich in sims, with this shredder I only get parts and not the money. Of course like other simmers I turned off the neighborhood votes.
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited March 2022
    I don't really mess with the Eco footprint stuff or the NAPs (because WOW those are terrible), but everything else the pack comes with is great. I love the CAS items, REALLY love the new crafting objects like the fabricator and the drink station (which I really wish was smaller). And the world...isn't great, but it's always nice to have more space, and I really like the industrial setting.

Overall, this is another pack where the main selling point isn't very fun but everything else kinda makes up for it. Not a great pack but definitely one that I'd recommend having.

• Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I use items from the pack alot in my game. I enjoy having my sims make candles, fizzy drinks, recycle and make items from recycled material. I use the wind turbines, solar panels and water collectors as well to help decrease the bills in the household, especially on my farms. I keep the NAPS disabled and have had no problems with the environment in my game. I enjoy off the grid play as well, especially if I want to play in an earlier timeline. I surprised myself with how much I have enjoyed this pack!
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    > @Umbreon12 said:r
    I totally agree, whenever a new pack drops and it includes a world I always hop on it; and it would be great to do rags to riches
    rid ty
    I like how most of the packs seem to help the rags to riches too. Eco Living helps give you some items to use to make things, and to use the world around them to reduce their Eco footprint.
    With Outdoor Retreat you got tents, and some off the grids type things to use. Which gives your Sims a place to live, before making them a house.
    Tiny Living gave you items that don't take up much room, so your Sims can have a tiny living space, and have what they need.
    Nifty Knitting gives Sims the option to knit stuff, and sell their paintings and other things on plopsy, or allows them to purchase items for themselves.
    With Cottage Living, your Sims live off the land, and you get chickens, cows, and llamas.
    Journey to Batuu gives you a couple of tents too, which are slightly bigger.
    I have a male Sim, and his two sons that I downloaded from the gallery who are living on an empty lot. They didn't have enough money to get a house, so they are living in a tent, with a few items, until I can either download one, or build them one.

• Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited March 2022
    I like the activity stations best. Nectar Making, Candle Making, and the Fabrication. They allow more things for your sims to do.

The least favorite... NAPs. Luckily you have the ability to turn it off. Make sure you do so when first booting up your save. Sims look ridiculous enough in their random outfit choices, adding paper bags to their heads and the various other annoying things just get to be too much and can interfere with specific gameplay.

Also, I bought it when it first went on sale and I'm glad I did get it.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Eco is my favorite pack to play off the grid and rags to riches type game play with. The furniture is cheap and cute and usable in all types of game play though. I don't use the NAP's a lot, but I use some mods to tweak them and they can be quite fun in some sim households. I don't play enough with the eco footprint to actually notice anything changing though. The community spaces are pretty cool.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I hesitated to purchase this pack because the theme doesn't appeal to me. But I bought it on sale and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy certain aspects of it. I have one save with the eco footprint on and both Del Sol and San Myshuno ended up with the industrial footprint. For that save, it is really cool to have those areas be smoggy. The rest of my saves have this feature turned off. I don't mind the NAPS in my one save, but I cheat them to stay away from the ones I don't want. I love the candle making and juice fizzing. And I do enjoy the recycling to a point. Personally, I hate the dumpster diving, but it works for rags to riches. I am not really of fan of the world, as it seems rather bland to me, but I do enjoy the different lot types. I would recommend this pack when it's on sale 50%. I feel like it's worth that price point.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    I am not really of fan of the world, as it seems rather bland to me, but I do enjoy the different lot types. I would recommend this pack when it's on sale 50%. I feel like it's worth that price point.

The only area I play in this world is the old harbor, because it's a different setting and you don't have much of the fake houses, sometimes I play in the apartment. Personally I think it's a lot of waste for potential own lots. But it's still nice not to have bright and clean up city from a catalog. The nature friend in me still wonders about the empty and later renatured train station. I prefer if evergreen harbor would be reconnected to the rest of the simworld again.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I basically use almost every feature this pack has to offer.

I really enjoy combining the eco footprint, utility appliances, and NAPs to flesh out each neighbourhood and household as much as possible. I use cheats to enact the NAPs I want in each neighbourhood, and then set up each household in the neighbourhood I'm playing in to support an either green or industrial footprint with the various utility production appliances available. I like to create a wide variety of neighbourhoods, from very unpleasant where sims fight, wear bags on their heads and cough because of all the smog, to pleasant, clean, friendly neighbourhoods where everyone likes to have a fun time.

It personally takes me a while in new save games to set all this up to my liking, but once it is, exploring the various neighbourhoods throughout the world's becomes a lot more dynamic, diverse and interesting, especially when you further customize locations with clubs and lot traits/challenges.

Everything else about the pack is also quite a lot of fun, I very much enjoy the fabrication skill, the new rags to riches gameplay options like off the grid improvements, dumpster diving, etc. Two new careers, the world itself is nice, not my favourite but still nice.

Also an honorable mention to the community spaces lot type. In my opinion this lot type is similar to sims 3 seasons festivals where one lot type can switch between 4 different lot states, making any neighbourhood that much more dynamic and interesting as the lot changes over time.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I tend to be pretty negative about Sims 4 in general, but I really like ECO.

I put off buying this pack, because the NAPS sounded terrible, but when I finally caved I was pleasantly surprised. It was fun and different, and I was able to play my game for longer than a few hours without feeling bored. So that's a pretty huge accomplishment. I did run into a bit of NAP annoyances, the fighting one really made me crazy, because it was really over the top, and a few other things were bothersome, but I was able to it under control. I had a lot of fun setting up green households in the new neighborhood, and loved all the objects, except for the meat wall and the insects... shudder.

Unfortunately, the packs since have been much less fun. The Winter one was fun very briefly, but the Farm one wasn't doing it for me, so I haven't played my game for around 6 months or so. I hope the next EP surprises me the way ECO did. Than again, I was hopeful for a wedding/honeymoon EP, and what we got really dashed all hopes I had, so at this point I don't expect much.