Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    March 1st Comments:

@permanentrose
    That's cool that merfolk tail's even show up in the bathtub. Glad your test run of the multi-occult worked for you. Gives me hope it will work in mine too then.

@afai1261
    Good to see even Audax likes Yoshi. :lol:

@RememberJoy
    Was fun seeing Adam continue his yoga in the magic realm. Love his new digs as well. :sunglasses:

@Karababy52
    Oh, I love the inside of the new house. Very toned downed and has the somber look to it. Poor Kenzie. She'll get over it.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    March 2nd Comments:

@afai1261
    Yay for Aaron. I like his new clothes look, too. Glad he's keeping the hat for his winter wear. Looked to be a signature look for him.

@permanentrose
    I loke Posey. I wonder if she'll become Cale's new girl. :lol: Or does he have competition with Robin. :joy:

@Carebear92
    Good to see you showing Savannah again. Hope your shin heals up soon.

@RememberJoy
    Too funny. I loved what Adam did to one of the clones. He deserved it. Too bad Adam got punished for it. At least he knows where to do it next time. But that all cracked me up. Thanks for that.

@Karababy52
    I always love screenshots of the magic realm portal. Very vibrant in everyone's screenshots.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    March 3rd: Making a friend (or two?)

0UYMTzd.png
    After a restless night in the Magic Realm (there is literally always something going on all night), I began to wonder if it was better sleeping at my own place, even if it may be haunted. I took a morning jog to wake up, and ended up at another portal like the one I'd come through to get here. Wondering where this one led, I peaked through, and found it led to another part of the Magic Realm. I passed through, and discovered a small market place with three open shops tended by what appeared to be ghosts. I approached one and asked if he was a ghost, but he corrected me and said he was merely projecting himself here astrally.
    zow8dwd.png
    He was selling stuff for potions, so I bought a few things after negotiating a discount. I returned to Magic HQ, and had something to eat before searching out Morgyn once again. I asked if he would take the time and maybe give me some magic pointers, which he happily agreed to.
    ghzQcsp.png
    A couple hours later, he ended our lesson and encouraged me to keep practicing. "Remember Adam", he said, "the best way to learn is by casting spells, just be careful who's watching next time". He winked and walked off. Gemma was standing nearby, waiting to speak with me. "I'm going to head back home soon, would you like to accompany me, or are you going to spend another night?" I shook my head, "I'm used to sleeping in quieter environments, I think I'll be heading home soon too. But before we leave, one more duel?"
    xlbCBTy.png
    "Very well", she laughed, "but if I win I want that Spider spell Morgyn gave you". "Deal", I said, "and if I win, I'll take anything but attack spells, I need more practical ones". We went down into the battle arena, and took our stances. It was an epic battle, and we were both able to get in some hits, but I proved victorious!
    wcp9BxW.png
    "Ow", Gemma winced, getting up off the ground, "you're getting pretty good at this. Just don't let it go to your head, I'll beat you next time you lucky noob". She gave me a hunger charm, and together we left the Magic Realm and walked to my place.
    LuJamcS.png
    "It's nice your grandmother is letting me rent this place", I said once we reached the gate, "but I'm pretty sure the place is haunted. Want to come in and have a look around? I might even make you dinner". "How could I resist such an offer?", Gemma said following me in.
    o7ci8LP.png
    I scrounged up some more harvestables and went to work on a forager's stew, Gemma watched and said it smelled wonderful.
    DlE7jWB.png
    We sat down to eat and chatted about what we'd learned in the Magic Realm. Gemma was acting a little playful, and even joked with me flirtatiously. I wasn't sure if it was serious though, so I let it slide.
    aZwcxoz.png
    After I cleaned up from dinner, Gemma said she should probably get home as it was starting to get dark. "Night Gemma!" I called after her, "See you later!" It was still a little early for bed, so I got out some flowers and attempted to make a bouquet.
    SXjYYfS.png
    It went about as well as you'd expect.
    WTky06t.png
    Just as I was finishing up, I felt a new presence manifesting itself behind me.
    hT0iBWz.png
    Great, what now!
    G7DWG6i.png
    I turned around and came face to face with a pink ghost! "You!" I shouted, recognizing him from the portrait, "I knew this place was haunted!"
    pPw9bC5.png
    The ghost gave a bow, "Claude Rene Duplantier Guidry at your service! I can't tell you how nice it is to have a living person to talk to again!" He squinted at me, "You are living, are you not?" "Uh, last I checked", I said, and changed the subject. "Claude is it...", he interrupted me, "You may call me Guidry". "Guidry, why is this house haunted? Where you murdered here?"
    VvL12iu.png
    "No", he laughed, "The magic in the land here, it is strong, and it attracts to itself anything that contains magic. This house in particular has a storied past, and tends to draw in roving spirits. I stay here for this reason, not because I could not leave, but because someone I once loved refuses to do so". He looked sad as he said this. "But I'm not here to sadden you with my story", he said brightening, "You must have questions about how to handle living in such a place as this, yes?" At this point he told me about sacred candles and a ritual that would keep the spirits happy, but I was starting to feel very sleepy, so I told we could talk another time. I went upstairs, and fell into a deep sleep until around midnight.
    drPCIdQ.png
    Once again, I was woken up by strange noises, but this time it was simply Guidry in a deep conversation with a green orb.
    OrymVui.png
    I gave them a look, but they ignored me, so I went down stairs and got out a book to read, as I needed something to get my mind off things.
    lqb0CGu.png
    I read for awhile, but than the lights began to flicker again, and I could no longer concentrate or see my book.
    eoRcmUN.png
    I decided to take Morgyn's words from earlier to heart, and went outside to see if I could change the weather.
    txFmEcT.png
    I cast a rain spell, and a minute later big fat drops began to fall from the sky! Success!
    l4rW68s.png
    I went inside and back upstairs, but Guidry was still chatting away; I guess he probably doesn't get out much, so I just put a pillow over my head and slowly drifted back to sleep.

One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb20.jpg
    February 20: Leader of the Pack!

After school, D.J. packed up his things from Adam's house and went back to his tent. He then went to the library and typed all his notes from the notebook to the computer about all the fun he's been having in Adam's yoga and meditation club. He wanted to end the book with Adam allowing him to run the club for one weekend. Although he was distracted, he had an enjoyable time. This book was to be dedicated to Adam Strong.

When he was finished, D.J. presented the rough copy to Aicha. He was so proud of himself for writing three short books. She told D.J. she would read it and should be able to get back to him tomorrow or Wednesday.

dj-02-198.jpg
    dj-02-199.jpg

Back at his tent, D.J. noticed he was still selling his first two books at a good pace.

dj-02-200.jpg

Side Note:
    I'm going to move the rest of the month of February along pretty quickly as the requirements for the month have been met and I need to catch up to the image of the day.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited March 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb21.jpg
    February 21: I See You!

Side Note:
    No storyline here. My daily image is part of the ongoing side arc started in January for those who kept up and noticed what was going on in certain images throughout without any type of text about it except at the beginning. It was great when I saw it. I was going to figure out a short story for the day, but I don't need to after I saw the whole picture when D.J. was harvesting.
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    March - Day 3: "The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper."

WVnnQYJ.png

Notes
    6RvPkxv.png
    All three of the powerful Sages of Practical, Untamed and Mischief magic, the keepers, rulers and teachers of the Magic Realm were present when Cale reached his destination. He gasped in wonder and amazement at the spectacular beauty surrounding him. The colors of the sky were like nothing he had ever seen before. Vibrant hues of purple, blue, green, pink and more flowed in waves across the sky, streaming through the stars sparkling like diamonds. Shooting stars fell everywhere, cutting through and adding to the magnificent splendor.

Simeon and Morgyn greeted him with knowing smiles and welcomed him to their world before walking away to tend to their many duties here. L. smiled with her head slightly tilted to the side and welcomed him as well.

"Hello Cale, you appear to be in one piece, good."
    "Was there any reason I wouldn't be?"

vTzFcPH.png
    "Oh yes, if the Portal had found you unworthy, you could have been immediately vaporized by it when attempting to enter through the arch. But that is rare, reserved mostly for vampires, the majority find themselves simply standing on the other side of the portal platform. But you're here, so nothing to worry about now dear."

JVbgpNa.png
    "What!? Why didn't you tell me that before I went through that thing?"
    "Would you have attempted to go through it if I had?"

rHVbIOG.png
    "I don't know, probably. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?"
    "Hmm, that's true. I like the way you think Cale. You're brave and adventurous, both qualities present in the best spellcasters. I think you'll do well here."

wymKd7w.png
    "So what now? Do I have to sign some papers or something? Make an oath, a vow of loyalty? When do I become a spellcaster?"
    "You must take a test first to prove you are worthy of receiving the Rites of Ascension."

XmuscQb.png
    "A test? Okay, do you have books or something I need to study first?"
    "No, you won't be allowed or able to read the Tomes of Magic until you are a Spellcaster. The test is a bit more simple, yet very effective. You will see soon. I'm late for my next class at the moment. Look for me in an hour and we'll see if you are worthy, alright dear? In the meanwhile, take a look around, perhaps go fishing in the stream behind HQ, talk to the other Sages, get to know your peers, it's important."
    "Okay cool. See you later L. and thanks for everything. Love the rental!"
    "You're welcome Honey, I'll see you later."

L. walked away to go inside HQ with Cale watching her every move. She was one of the most beautiful women he'd ever seen. Too bad she was WAY out of his league. He thought of her more like a mischievous Mom anyway.
    (What a sexy hot Mama though.)

7ScKWRq.png
    Cale finally tore his eyes away from L. and noticed Simeon watching him.
    "You're Essa's Dad, right? I know that much from getting to know her, but she never told me her full story. How come she's a vampire? I thought Spellcasters couldn't be vampires?"

xpmikE9.png
    "It's a very long story, I'll tell you one day when we have more time. However, would you like to watch the stars with me and get to know each other a little? It's a particularly beautiful sky this morning."
    "No way, you love to stargaze too? Seriously Dude?"
    "Yes, stargazing is a hobby the Silversweaters have practiced for hundreds of years."

tuLnsvH.png
    "My Mom and I shared our love for stargazing together too. So yeah, I'd love to, I'd be honored."

sqZxVuN.png
    If you told Cale when he was a kid, one day he would be laying on a platform for an ancient portal to another world next to a Sage of magic, he would've thought you were telling a fairytale and laughed in your face. But here he was, and soon would be a Spellcaster.
    (Unreal.)

q3X3nt9.png
    Cale could see the constellations he'd seen with Alessandra the last time they'd stargazed together. Only here, they seemed a thousand times brighter and closer, almost as if he could reach out and touch them.
    (Alessandra...I can't wait to see her again. Maybe we can watch the stars together here too.)

npSNbSw.png
    (If she's not busy with classes...or...a boyfriend.)
    (She probably has one, chick that beautiful? No way she's single, right?)
    (Too old for you Dude, remember?)
    (*sigh* Yeah, maybe...)

Simeon and Cale watched the stars for awhile and had a chat, getting to know each other. Their hour together went much faster than expected, they got along so well with at least one thing in common. Perhaps the two could be good friends one day. Simeon soon left to teach his next class and Cale followed him inside to look for L.

EqtGvQX.png
    "Are you ready Honey?"
    "As ready as I'll ever be. Let's do this!"

qgfPbJg.png
    "Alright, hold very still dear, I'm going to give you Mote Sight."
    "Mote Sight? What's that?"
    "Shhh, I'll explain in a moment."

ZlgU2Wv.png
    Cale couldn't help following the movement of the glowing wand L. held in her hand and waved around as she cast some kind of spell. When the spell was almost complete, he saw what looked like a blue rimmed red-eye above her head. That is until it flew toward his eyes rendering him momentarily blinded by the blue brightness coating them.

"Whoa, what was that?"
    "If you are worthy, the Mote Sight I've given you will allow you to see Motes everywhere in the Magic Realm. Your task, should you be able, is to collect 7 of them and bring them back to me. If you are not worthy, you won't be able to see them and will have failed the test. Look around you Cale, go outside, see what you can see. Good luck my dear and hurry, you don't have much time."
    "Uh, thanks, wish me luck, oh wait you just did. Sorry, I'm nervous."
    "Of course Honey, I'd worry if you weren't."

fOyEcRN.png
    Cale stepped outside HQ and immediately saw little glowing red balls of light surrounded by a 'shell' of blue. They looked almost like the big eye he'd seen above L.'s head when she cast the spell.
    (YES! I can see them!)
    Run Cale, got get them. Hurry!

JRichSg.png
    "Oh my! You found them very quickly, congratulations Cale, you've been found worthy. I did not have any doubts you wouldn't be found as such."
    "You didn't? You know, you really need to tell me this stuff. It sure would help my confidence."
    "Ah yes, I'm sure it would, but if I tell you, you would not learn from the experience and have the firsthand joy of discovery in the process. Sometimes it's more fun to learn by doing. Hands on is such a turn on." L. smirked and winked at Cale knowing immediately what he was thinking.
    "Oh hey, can't argue with you there."
    (Ohhh yeahhh, hands on doing Babes for instance. Learning what they like...and stuff.)
    You're such a dawg Cale.
    (You know it Watcher.)

"Alright Cale, are you ready to become a Spellcaster? Keep in mind dear, I'll only be giving you the gift. You will learn how to use it through studying the Tomes, practicing spells and making potions given to you by the Sages in class. The more you study and practice, the more you will learn and grow. Experiment with a cauldron for new potions and practice on your own with a wand or without if you prefer. Caster's Alley has a wide selection of wands and brooms for purchase or perhaps you'll win them by dueling with your classmates and the Sages."

"I'm ready. I think I might've been born ready."

7wWhTzN.png
    L. began to give Cale the Rites of Ascension. As she murmured the time honored ancient words, he felt a tingling in his core. A white glow began to surround him along with magic sparkles dancing within it.

wVl5Tjw.png
    L.'s chant became louder and more powerful as Cale began to rise from the floor, the magic lifting him as the glowing aura around him grew.

K5hPjMf.png
    A ribbon of magic began to swirl around him, filled with a multitude of sparkles.

A4eIPW8.png
    He began to twirl faster and faster at a dizzying speed until L. lifted her wand into the air one last time with a cry of "HUZZA!"
    Cale stopped spinning, the magic ribbons and sparkles dissipating as he floated softly to the floor once again. It was done, he now had the gift, he was a Spellcaster.

zABsnxU.png
    "Wow! That was intense! What a rush! I'm so excited..."
    (I hope she can't feel how excited I am.)
    "Thank you L. I'll make you proud, I promise."

jh2ExUK.png
    "I know you will Honey. Welcome to the Craft dear. We're going to have a lot of fun together, just you wait and see."

I'll get started on comments/replies next. Hope y'all had a fanfreakintastic day/night! <3
    @LegacySims2017
    Thank you! Glad you like it. :) A somber look? Toned down? Hmm, that's an interesting description, curious what you mean, because of the black/white/brown/green/yellow/orangish color scheme? I was going for a somewhat cozy look, but I'll take that. :) Yes, I love the portal too, only wish it was Summer instead of Winter. But Winter is still quite beautiful in Glimmerbrook.

Good job and congratulations to DJ on writing three books! Guessing you're talking about the guy, perhaps the bully in the background?
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited March 2022
    March 4
    lol so I was in-game and playing (for once hahaha) and didn't realise midnight had passed whoops. This is going to be another non-story post (I promise I'll get to more actual story for Aaron and Hunter soon), but I do have actual story in the 'Meanwhile in Windenburg' bit ;) Well technically it's side-story but whatever haha
    scqh81P.png
    And here's what Realm HQ looks like now thanks to Lilsimsie!
    chjhdHz.png

Another of my boys showed up! His name is Quinn Canfield
    xWR6ni7.png

So Aaron had to introduce himself (he's going to get so annoyed with me because I want him to meet so many of my sims and I've populated this save with a lot of them :joy: )
    dHrj27m.png

But apparently their conversation was bad and Aaron shouted forbidden words haha
    FXL3ARP.png

Quinn looks very put off LOL
    DcFHWGu.png

I had him go inside to experiment on one of the cauldrons, and...
    pF70omY.png

Boy are you about to break your neck :joy:
    9TfDTLr.png

Don't give me that look.
    f606YVO.png

Then he just had to stomp around angrily, because angry boys be angry
    m4ojGBv.png
    IHzqLIO.png
    1QowgrI.png

Gasp! It's another of my sims! This is Marco and if you couldn't tell he's the first sim I made when I got the paranormal pack :D
    QXU3Us9.png

He went to go play with the cowplant (which reminds me... Hunter fished up a cowplant berry ages ago but never planted it, so maybe Aaron needs a cowplant this month!)
    jGfSWI2.png
    7kkiMcn.png

Aaron cornered him in a hallway and said hi.
    KKTngWq.png

What's this face supposed to mean?
    Swj3Poa.png

Aaron finally left Marco alone and got to have a nice chat with Morgyn
    lPRLuKY.png

Then he got hungry so he stole a plate of garlic noodles that L made :D
    Uu7cKbB.png
    TYBrLJb.png

Meanwhile in Windenburg...
    (screenshots taken before Cale's makeover was posted)
    BxvOWd9.png
    She practically melted in his warm embrace as he gently ran his hand up and down her back, whispering that they could make this work. He'd taken her announcement surprisingly well, save for some initial shock, and she actually hadn't been prepared for how excited he was once he'd asked if she was actually carrying his child. She also hadn't been prepared for having a total breakdown for no freaking reason. Well. That was probably more because she remembered she hadn't told her parents yet and was afraid of how they'd react...

But now, as she buried her face in his shoulder and inhaled his familiar, calming scent, the sun bathed them in warmth and the tears stopped, thoughts of telling her parents far from her mind. She pulled away from him for a moment to kiss him.
    DttA3OK.png
    The Bluffs had really been the best place to tell him - it was where they had had their first kiss, first woohoo.

He studied her face for a moment, then reached out to caress her cheek.
    JauUgAp.png
    "No more tears?" he asked, and she found herself smiling again.
    "My mother might threaten to kill you," she murmured, "and my other mother is a scientist... I bet she knows 500 different ways to mess you up with a simray-"
    "I think I'll take my chances," Cale said softly.
    ciKVzzk.png
    "So... you do want this baby?" His eyes momentarily dropped to her stomach - she was barely showing but it was sweet all the same - and then back up to meet hers.
    "Yes, of course... half me, half you, it's the perfect combination!"
    "Cale!"
    "You know it's true," he said with a wink for emphasis. "You know, if your parents don't... well, you know... we could always move in together."
    She had never even entertained the possibility, and yet here it was, right in front of her... "Thank you, Cale..."
    ~~~
    (She's actually in her first trimester here but it's very hard to tell)
    E9srkm3.png
    z98j2YG.png
    (also I hate this face haha)

nrhiZpi.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    because it is 2am and I am about to fall asleep, I'm gonna have to take a rain-check on comments again (and also don't know if I'll get time today, so then they'll be tomorrow hopefully :3 )
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    March 4

rxZUpWP.jpg
    Robin was too excited to sleep when she got back home and decided to practice some magic with the new wand she had purchased. Pepper watched her curiously.
    zKEGhWx.jpg

Then I noticed this option. I don't know what a familiar does, but yes, this is happening. Right now :) (@afai1261, I noticed you did this with Yoshi too, maybe you can shed some light haha)
    SUuH3SI.jpg

So she bound Pepper to her.
    0F9qirf.jpg

The next day, Dylan came over to hang out for a bit. (I'll have to cheat to make all your sims spellcasters too, if you so desire :smile:)
    a51it9m.png

Pepper encountered this distinguished gentleman around and immediately wanted to be friends.
    WO2ULH6.png
    iZvfJGR.png

Robin experimented with making potions in the large cauldron in their shed.
    t1FdM0B.png

Soon she found out it served another useful purpose, as they're still waiting to buy an oven haha.
    RWjxfzG.png

"Absolutely genius," Cale agreed, and the two enjoyed some mac and cheese and stowed the rest in their fridge for later.
    apG9CoP.png

Robin doesn't have to sleep quite a much anymore since I purchased her some reward traits, so she stayed up late practicing magic.
    HWUq74F.jpg

Can you guess what spell she learned? :D
    ahUylSs.png

Love how pumped she is and not even concerned in the least that she might have just burned the whole place down :D
    pcY6gbY.png

She had Jules' trusty SimRay and her inventory and easily extinguished it though.
    8ruTZ12.jpg
    wdERtBp.png

Cale was unfazed as well. Just being a good roommate and cleaning...something. Lol.
    dizFmvb.png

If I use MCCC self command, I can have him practice his magic too :)
    6iWK7Lc.png

It's been a rough week, not gonna lie. I thought I was getting healthy, but since I've been so busy and pushing myself, I've been sicker than ever and I barely have time for anything. I haven't even opened my game since Sunday. Anyway, I might not be able to actually catch up on comments at this point, but I will start commenting again by next week hopefully. Honestly, never feel obligated to comment on my stuff either if you guys find yourself low on time or energy :)
    @afai1261
    Adore lilsimsie's HQ! Oh dear, I wonder what happened with the convo between Aaron and Quinn. Another gorgeous male Sim you made, of course. hehe Love the look he's giving you as if to say, "I see you watching me," and then holding out his hand as if asking, "Would you like some of this?" :) He sure can look fierce, almost scary when he's angry eh? Love the screenshot where he's near the water crashing on the rocks and other rocks floating in the blue/teal/purple sky. Beautiful!

Hey Marco! He looks great too, of course. Ugh, cowplant! Those things freak me out. Josh had Beast and he loved it, however Essa? Not so much. :D That face...yeah, hard to describe. Politely confused maybe? Or more of an "Oh God, who is this guy, get me out of here!" :D I don't know. Cale hasn't talked with Morgyn yet in my save, but it's coming up. L. must love that dish, she always makes it in my game too.

The first sentence of Meanwhile in Windenburg grabbed my heart and immediately choked me up. I'm struggling not to cry even just writing this and thinking about it. You have me in the palm of your hand dear. It's just so touching, so compassionate, sweet and loving. Oh my heart... <3<3<3 Thank you, this, THIS is how I want to write Cale in a relationship. Perfect, just perfect, all of it, the entire update for this sweet couple. I wondered which direction you would go for Cale's reaction. It appears you're going for a totally committed couple and I love that. Thank you, thank you so much! You've given him, them, what I can't yet in my story for Cale.

Sorry, I get overly emotional sometimes when it comes to love stories. It just makes me so happy, I'm such a sappy romantic, it's ridiculous really, but I can't help it. :)

Ugh, that face they make at first. I hate it! It was supposedly fixed a long time ago in a patch, but it's back. Another patch must've broken whatever they did to fix it. Ah well, we know how he really feels. ;)

No worries about comments, if you have time great, if you don't, that's cool too. We all know you're busy and have been sick. Just take care of yourself dear! *Hugs* <3

@permanentrose
    Oh cool, I wondered if perhaps you'd make Pepper Robin's familiar as Yoshi is for Aaron. Dylan looks great, glad she got to meet him in the Realm. Hello Mayor Whiskers! Love that cat, he's just so cool, a very dapper gentleman. :) Robin looks so pretty experimenting at the cauldron. Great idea making Mac & Chees, I always forget about that option. Cale looks excited for it too and I love how it appears like he's touching her back sweetly in praise for her genius idea. <3

hehe Bye bye plant! So funny how one of the first spells they learn is Inferniate! Yep, good thing she still has the SimRay to quickly put it out. hehe Cale, had no idea he was such a neat freak, that's good though. He looks totally into practicing magic, so glad you're able to help him progress too!

No worries about comments, just concentrate on taking care of yourself, that's what's most important. Hope you feel better soon! *Hugs* <3
    March 4th: The Ritual

Today's Accomplishments:
    Reach spellcaster rank two, Acolyte
    Know five spells

lBxAFxB.png
    I woke up late after my busy night, and ate the leftover stew while being berated by several cats for not sharing.
    bVNj8ul.png
    I cleaned up and decided to experiment at the cauldron for a bit.
    12wtwzA.png
    After a couple hours I finally created something new, a potion to reveal a magical aura. Huh, I already can do that and mine has a calming effect, that was a bit of a waste of time.
    mlSiK79.png
    Well at least it helped me level up a little. I then moved on to practicing my magic and eventually figured out how to cast a cleaning spell; that one could come in handy!
    j0Fhc3D.png
    The rain I'd started last night finally cleared, so I got out of the house and went for a jog.
    MvMN8Y6.png
    I ran past a couple of other houses, and ended up outside what looked to be a bar or pub. Going inside, I sat down next to another spellcaster (as a spellcaster you can sense the magic in another), and introduced myself. She said her name was Emilia and that she was engaged to a Darrel, who she was now waiting for.
    f22JaIX.png
    I excused myself when I saw one of the 'clones' walk by and go upstairs. I cautiously followed him up and decided now was a good time to practice some of my new spells.
    eRc3wny.png
    I tried out the firefly attack, and it was fairly humorous.
    BIgFT3n.png
    Next I cast the bladder curse on him, and he wet himself.
    58Sg54E.png
    I couldn't stop laughing, but feeling kind of bad about it, I used my new scruberoo spell to clean him and his puddle up.
    JKyofDm.png
    After all that magic wielding, I was feeling fairly charged and buzzy and figured I'd better call it a night. I jogged home and passed Gemma near my front gate, "Alright Adam", she said waving, "I've been practicing all day, and I want a rematch!" Well, she asked for it! We battled valiantly, but my charged state gave me an advantage and once again I won!
    vfXiDzy.png
    "No!" she moaned, "How?" "I'm just that good", I boasted, hands on hips. She punched my arm and gave me a fire spell before running off and yelling, "I'll get you next time for sure!" I turned to head in and jumped when Morgyn materialized out of the shadows, clapping.
    5OGDvyO.png
    "Well done, young spellcaster", he said, "You are making excellent progress. I would say you've reached level two in your training, and are now what we call an Acolyte. Congratulations".
    8cYruN4.png
    I thanked him and invited him in to see my house. We sat down on the couch and I told him about all the strange happenings, including Guidry, and asked if he'd had any experience with such things.
    340x91T.png
    "Yes", he said with a smile, "In fact I've long suspected this place to be haunted, but have never had the opportunity to investigate". He sat thinking for a minute, "What you need is a seance table...", I excitedly interrupted him, "There's one upstairs, let me show you!" I led him up the narrow creaking steps to the second floor and showed him the table in the spare room. "Excellent!", he said directing me to sit down at the table, "Allow me to show you how to do The Ritual, it will help keep the energy lighter and keep away darker spirits".
    Zf7hHxq.png
    He closed his eyes and raised his hands and I followed his lead. He began chanting and swaying and a light appeared above the table as his chair rose into the air. The lights began to flicker again, but I could feel a positive energy emanating from the light which was now growing into a ring.
    4tIYnAm.png
    Morgyn's chair lowered to the ground, and he opened his eyes and smiled. "You can feel the difference, can't you?" I nodded, still feeling a little shaken. "Good", he said standing, "practice and preform the ceremony every couple days for best affect. Now, I really should be going". I walked him to the front porch where Guidry was waiting, and gave Morgyn a thankful hug, "Good luck Acolyte", Morgyn said, and disappeared.
    zufTfTH.png
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @SoulGal7 ;
    Feb 13 - Love Potion #9
    I just finally finished reading this. It's a really fun setup for the 100 baes!
    Feb 14 - Dance Crew outfits
    Oh the outfits are fantastic! :D Love them. I ended up going with purple dyed hair for Velma anyways, so giving her dreads with it works out. ^^ Awesome.

@RememberJoy
    Back to Routine
    What a sweet little story part.
    Earniing More Scout Badges
    Is the piano out in the hedges somewhere? :O

@Karababy52
    Feb 21Follower chance, dreamer dance
    What a fun night out for the dance club!
    feb 22
    Poor Dylan not noticing the fangs of the vampires xD

@permanentrose
    Feb 22
    hangouts turning into club hangouts have confused me xD I'm wondering if maybe there is a certain wording or something that changes it.

@afai1261
    Feb 22nd
    Seasonal allergies are the wooooorst. and seasonal what am I sick with, I don't know and don't care. i just want to sleep cause I feel like crap.
    okay... so that is me complaining because that's what's going on with me right now. xD

@LegacySims2017
    Oh my gosssssh!!! DJ has a baby ! :O awwwww (well sorta, cause drama. but awwwww)

Feb 18th
    Ruined Relaxation

HH8PTO8.png
    edited March 2022
    March - Day 4: "Come feel this magic I've been feeling since I met you..."

MtqrGne.png

Notes
    Fyco3rl.png
    "Hey Morgyn, how's it going?"
    "I am well, and you?"
    "Good, good, listen, um, I'm supposed to cast a spell on someone to progress my spellcrafting skills. Would it be alright if I cast something on you?"

N5PlRRY.png
    "Nothing major, just something like, maybe Scrubaroo. If that's okay."
    "Ah, yes. I have bathed today, but I would agree to the use of that spell. I am glad you did not choose Inferniate. I am sure you know it since you have been studying with L. quite closely."
    "Yeah, but I'd never do that to you, no way Dude!"
    "Alright, whenever you are ready, I am."
    "Okay, thanks!"

z3jyTQa.png
    "Stinkoticus Begonius"

SkgkKI2.png
    "HUZZA!"

IOOearo.png
    "Hmm, very good my boy. I feel fresh and frisky now. Are you sure you did not cast an Infatuate spell instead?"
    "Nope."
    "Alright, perhaps I'm feeling this way since my lovely wife is here today. I have a class now, keep it up Cale, you are progressing very well."
    "Thanks Morgyn."
    "Happy to help."

lsFtwHo.png
    Cale followed Morgyn inside to search through the multitude of bookshelves for magic tomes. He found one for a Deliriate spell available to learn in his rank and sat down to read it.
    (Whoa! This one sounds like fun.)
    After awhile, it was time to head home and get some rest. He had also been given the recipe with a sample for the Plentiful Needs potion, but was too afraid to try to make it in his current condition.

L0rTe8v.png
    Fully rested, Cale tended to his garden, had a bite to eat and went outside to fire up the cauldron. It was time to make his first potion.

awt1lO9.png
    I could've had Cale drink the sample potion of Plentiful Needs, but it was only normal quality. Cale has an abundant supply of perfect apples which will result in excellent quality bottles of the potion. Using higher quality ingredients will make the effects of a potion last longer. Less danger of having the potion backfire too.

yVk2ji3.png
    As expected, Cale's first batch is of excellent quality. He bottled it up and I sold the normal sample bottle of the brew. He stored 4 bottles in his personal inventory and placed one on a row of shelves near the cauldron. Hopefully he'd learn the Copypasto spell soon and use it to make more instead of the need to brew it. He could brew more very easily, but there is always a danger of getting a curse and he doesn't know the recipe for a curse cleansing potion or the spell for it yet.

prbIbhg.png
    Time to practice some practical magic. He looks so happy eh?

M2L8WOb.png
    While practicing, he perfected the Repairio spell. Good job Cale!
    (This is so freakin' cool!)
    After a few more hours of practicing various spells, Cale traveled to the Magic Realm. Perhaps today he would see Alessandra. Thus far, she had always been in class helping L. whenever he was there.

g5tpWFL.png
    However, first on the agenda was traveling to Caster's Alley to check out the shops there. I wasn't going to have Cale buy everything every time he went there, but since this is his first time, today he wiped out the stalls of all their inventory.

orkJZPV.png
    Of course he had to try out one of the brooms he bought to travel back to HQ.
    (Whoa, whoa, whoa, Gah! This thing has a mind of it's own. I can't control it! AH!)
    I thought perhaps he would fall off and grab the bristles like most of my noob Spellcasters have done in the past their first time. It's hilarious when that happens! Cale was able to hang on though. Good job Buddy!

gOLn9BV.png
    (I'm flying! Watcher, look at me! I'M FLYING! What a rush man!)
    He has such a look of wonder on his face eh? I don't blame him, I would too.

IP49U67.png
    Cale never thought he'd be able to fly through the sky with such freedom. He felt like he could touch the stars for real and maybe even go beyond them.
    "WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO! FLY ME TO THE MOON BABY!"

RY7WR5t.png
    He flew straight toward the moon screaming with joy before he finally disappeared in a shower of sparkles...

NGSE0sg.png
    Landing safely next to the portal, Cale walked over to L. who was waiting to train him and surprised her with a hug.
    "L.! What a ride! I've never felt so free in my life."
    "The first time doing anything is always the most exciting, isn't it Honey?"
    "Ohhh Yeahhh!"

U3J59sY.png
    "Are you ready for me?"
    "I'm always ready for you L."
    "Hmm, indeed. Well, let's begin then, shall we?"

j7HxMMQ.png
    "There's something I want to tell you first, well ask you."
    "Oh? And what would that be my dear?"

NLIfrJq.png
    "My big Brother Josh told me if I like someone, I should tell her. But, I don't know how to do that and don't know if I should since she's older than me and probably thinks I'm just a kid. We're friends, good friends and well...I don't want to lose her and make things awkward if she doesn't like me like, that, too."
    "Would this girl be Alessandra by chance?"
    "Yeah, how did you know?"
    "I have eyes Honey, you wear your heart on your sleeve."
    "Oh, I guess I'm not as good at hiding it as I thought. Is it that obvious? Do you think she knows how I feel already?"
    "You hide it well Cale, but I see the way you smile at her, the way you watch her when she's not looking, the way you treat her when you're together. I can read minds, but I try to respect the gift and not use it in that way to know what others are feeling. Most of the time. I can't say if she likes you in the same way, but I know she does care for you."

5QGAQUd.png
    "Do you think I'd have a chance with her?"
    "Perhaps. As the saying goes, you never know unless you try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. However, maybe it's best to show her how you feel, spend time with her doing things together that you both enjoy, find out what she likes, what she loves and treat her like she's special. Respect her and take your time Cale, there's no reason to rush telling her. If it's meant to be, it will happen naturally."

OPPuP7G.png
    "It's so hard waiting though. Every time I'm with her, I just want to tell her how much I care about her. She's so beautiful and so brave, so funny and smart."

q7dyiK6.png
    "I want to put my arm around her and tell her that I get lost in her beautiful blue as the sky eyes, that she's captured my heart and I want her to be mine. Then, pull her close, touch her face, her lips and stroke her hair. I want to tell her how special she is to me and kiss her. I want to..."

dWdqt9k.png
    "Oh my Honey, you can stop right there. I can see you have it bad for her. No wonder you get so many girls to fall for you. You're quite the charmer my dear boy. However, Alessandra is not a starry-eyed teenage girl easily seduced."

MFG6a37.png
    "Yeah, I know. That's why I haven't tried. I get the feeling she's not the type to settle for a tumble or two and I wouldn't want that with her anyway. As fun as it would be. I'll take it slow with her, like you said. Thanks L."
    "You're welcome dear, don't take it too slow though. You don't want to lose a possible relationship with her altogether if she feels the same way. You'll know if she does, just wait for the right moment."
    "How will I know when it's right though?"
    "You'll know. Trust me. Let's do some training now before there's no time left. Okay?"
    "Oh, yeah, sorry. Didn't mean to take up all our time talking about this."
    "It's alright dear, it's important to you and I'm happy to help however I can. "

ZEP9h0m.png
    Cale and L. spent the next half hour or so training together. Before she left for her next class, he had perfected the Despario spell with her help. She also told him that Alessandra had the next day off from her assistant duties. Perhaps they could spend the day together if she did not have any other plans. We shall see...
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited March 2022
    @Karababy52
    Seriously reading these comments just made my day! Thank you so much! I keep rereading them and just can't stop smiling hehe.
    I won't reply to all of that novel (you don't have to apologise for it haha) at the bottom of page 42, but just these bits:
    You're welcome, it says a lot for your talent to pull such emotions from your readers. I really do believe you have a gift for creative writing. It's such a pleasure to read! I can think of only a handful of SimLit writers able to write as well as you do. <3
    Oooh, this is high praise indeed! You're far too kind <3
    I met my husband when I was 16 and he 18. Everyone tried to tell me to not stick with one guy, look around, keep your options open, you're too young to know what you want is what they told me. I ignored them, I knew what my heart was telling me, telling us. We fell in love at first sight. It DOES happen! We confessed our love for each other after only three days together. We dated for four years, lived together a year and half, and then married. We've been together 44 years and married for 38 years this coming September. He's the love of my life, my soulmate and my best friend. <3
    AWWWW this is so sweet! That's incredible, congrats to you and your husband!
    Audax looks so hot in your daily pic!
    I thought so too ;) I was surprised at how good he looked (to me) with the full beard and long hair when the Audax I was used to was entirely clean shaven and young haha.

~~~

Yeah I genuinely don't know what happened between Aaron and Quinn, I had just left Aaron alone because I wanted to see who was at HQ and when I returned to him he was angry from a bad conversation. Simeon was also in the conversation, maybe he said something haha.

I love the cowplants but I'll probably forget to feed it and it'll die :joy:

That first sentence for Aster and Cale at the Bluffs was bouncing around in my head ever since I took the screenshots and it was screaming at me to finally be posted haha. I'm very proud of that line and the fact that it was able to evoke such emotion is just incredible. (I keep rereading it myself and it's even giving me feels and I wrote the dang thing LOL never thought my own writing would do that to me :D )
    I didn't feel like going dramatic with Cale's reaction (and I would have felt bad having to write it haha) so I just wanted to write some mild fluff I guess? Lol I always think I'm not a romantic but then I go and write stuff like this :D
    I'm glad that it was perfect for you, that's really amazing to hear especially since I was reluctant about how to handle it in the first place.
    <3<3<3

Also LOVE your new Cale profile pic!

~~~

Mar 3: Yes, love that pic of all three of your sages in front of the portal!
    Loved his conversation with L too! Hah I don't blame him for finding her hot :Dbecause I do too-
    Ah and of course he has to stargaze with Simeon.
    Congrats Cale! Don't use your new powers for anything bad! ;)

@permanentrose
    Mar 3: Their glowing eyes look so cool when they get mote sight, I usually make all my spellcasters in CAS so almost never see it haha.
    Cale does look very apprehensive :D
    Ooh, getting a bit steamy there Simeon and L ;) Love that you put them together in your game too

Mar 4: Love the daily pic of Robin practicing.
    Right, familiars! Robin can send Pepper foraging and she might come back with potion ingredients and things, and I think when she's summoned she can help Robin win duels ;) And I think they might increase rate of XP gain? The wiki says they're very helpful anyway :joy: I may have bought RoM the day it came out but I know almost nothing HAHA
    I would be open to you turning Aaron into a spellcaster in your game but if that messes with your lore because he's dating a vampire, then don't turn him into one. Totally up to you in that case! :)
    Mayor Whiskers! <3 I love him, Aster's parents Regan and Blue actually adopted him (Regan is a cat lover and must have all the cats) in an older save of mine :D
    Inferniate is such a great spell LOL
    Aw no, that sucks so much :( Sorry your week was so rough *hugs* Like Kara said, don't worry about comments since you're busy and still sick!

@RememberJoy
    Mar 3: Gemma's face in the daily pic :joy::joy:
    Poor Adam failing at making a bouquet and love the caption "it went about as well as you'd expect" :D
    Yeah, Guidry! Woo!
    Adam looks so over it when Guidry is talking with the specter lol

Mar 4: "being berated by several cats for not sharing" Oh my goodness this is another classic, love it! :joy:
    And another clone gets attacked, amazing :D Adam looks so pleased with himself haha.
    Happy that Morgyn could give Adam some medium tips and teach him the ceremony!

@LegacySims2017
    Feb 20: Good to see DJ completed his third book! Go DJ!

Feb 21: So I'm guessing the bully has a big role to play in DJ's transition to Glimmerbrook? Hope he doesn't trash DJ's tent or... something...
    I'm preemptively worried for DJ now!
    Bully showing up everywhere reminds me so much of Hunter's uncle, but Morgan turned out to be a good guy and I don't think that'll be the case here...

@Shadami
    Hope you feel better soon! :(
    Feb 18: Oh no, poor Velma just trying to relax and then there's a freaking fire and a freaking useless firefighter...
    Aww that moment with Selena was super cute though, with the dancing! I definitely did not audibly squee when they danced, nope.
    I like that Velma decided to go back to Mount Komorebi for a bit, and love the hike with a few of her friends. Hello Aaron! I just realised that since he's her best friend and is gay that he's technically her gay best friend and I don't know how to feel about that hahaha
    Kenzie just looks so done :joy:
    edited March 2022
    OH POOP I DID IT AGAIN it's past midnight already
    March 5
    ANT8Jhg.png
    "I don't think I've seen you around here before," Marco said slowly, studying Aaron as they sat together at the table.
    wNXvnmZ.png
    Aaron froze. How could he explain all that had happened to him? With Audax, who gave him the rites of ascension in the first place, apparently exiled from the Realm in some form? With him dating a vampire and being turned into a spellcaster just because a vampire attacked him?
    "Oh, no, you wouldn't have," Aaron blurted out. "I only just discovered this place existed."
    "Oh? How did you come to find it?"
    VY81Smc.png
    "Um... I have to go," Aaron said quickly, standing and escaping the conversation as fast as he could. The only conceivable answer he had was the truth of course, but there was no way he could go saying that, based on what Hunter had told him about that night. The night he had brought a dying Aaron to Glimmerbrook, and been rejected by his own half-brother. Who, surprise surprise, was a spellcaster. And hated vampires. So there was obviously no way Aaron could say, "Yeah, my vampire boyfriend brought me to Glimmerbrook because a rogue vampire attacked me and I was literally about to freaking die, and then this guy you all hate helped me and gave me the rites, without the sages' permission." That seemed like a one-way ticket to getting kicked out of the Realm and never being allowed to do anything again. And he was not here for that.

Aaron made his way outside headquarters and came across a peculiar beast that he had read about but never seen before: Laganaphyllis simnovorii, his brain supplied. The mighty Cowplant.
    B2Rd0a1.png
    wsLKF8F.png
    DoTIREf.png
    ~~~
    Honestly this one is so short because I lost the mental capacity to continue. I'm so tired lol I really was going to just post the daily pic and leave it at that but here have an awkward conversation and a cowplant :joy:

@afai1261
    is there something weird about having a gay best friend that I'm not aware of? XD
    Funny enough, most of my best friends in life have been gay/lesbian.
    Selena is so sweet , but she's also super flirty whenever she's around, so I think she might have a crush on Velma. Gosh yes, poor Kenzie fell soooo many times. I felt bad for her.
    *Updated my March 4th post above! I apologize for not posting this last night and doing comments. It took longer to write than I expected and I kept yawning. Almost fell asleep at my desk. o.O Anyway, we're going to visit our Son and Grandkids soon, we haven't seen them since the Superbowl three weeks ago. We both became ill a couple days later, so we're excited to see them. In light of that, I might not be able to do comments/replies and my post for today until later tonight. I hope y'all understand. Have a great rest of your day/night! <3
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    March 5

o1NoB0e.jpg
    Wanting to practice their magic, Cale and Robin decided to have a friendly duel the next morning.
    FvLU0v2.jpg

Even without a wand, Cale had some powerful magic within him.
    LwtT0Y1.jpg

But Robin's powers had been growing too.
    NXHoap7.jpg

For a while, their spells clashed, neither one overpowering the other.
    KLqnrvc.jpg

Until one of Cale's spells knocked her off her feet.
    XKghJ12.jpg

He's merciless haha, getting her while she's still down :D
    oD0GKYa.jpg

"Oof."
    29eVHg7.jpg

*Thud*
    4UsmI9Y.jpg

What have you done to my human?!?!?
    5ACiI9z.jpg

"Don't worry, Pepper. We were just practicing."
    lB0yOp0.jpg

"I would never hurt Robin."
    I0yynbs.jpg

Later that day, Robin found Rose fishing near their house and decided to join her.
    SitaXAN.jpg

Rose was an experienced spellcaster, so she offered Robin some training.
    6Yu6x75.jpg
    HIRr3Bo.png

Oh look, there's L. She looks excited that Robin is working on her training.
    wPa0ZkB.jpg
    qohj2Ag.jpg

--
    Robin has now finished the first stage of the Spellcaster & Sorcery aspiration. Still trying to get a good feel for how long these aspirations take :)

Finally on an antibiotic. I think I’m on the mend. Hoping to properly catch up on actually reading your posts properly today and I’ll see when I have time for comments :)
    OH NO. i accidentally bumped the back button on my mouse while typing out comments. shoooooooot
    Page 40
    @afai1261
    Feb 23rd
    Poor Aaron and Hunter getting sick :( but glad they ended up having a good love day anyways. and Lol! Going through the hedge instead of around.
    Feb 24th
    er wait. was this love day? xD But still, fantastic love day romance days.
    Feb 25th
    I'm guessing this is set up to moving to the next town?

@permanentrose
    Feb 23rd
    that baby onesie is adorable!!!
    Feb 24th
    Oh gosh. Brandi drama. She has a scary boy obsession

@Karababy52
    Feb23rd
    A perfect dance routine!!!!! Excellent!
    Feb 24th
    It's kind of fun to just sit back and watch who walks by sometimes. This was fun!

@RememberJoy
    Feb 23rd
    Oh no :O Poor Kaori, is grandpa dying??
    Feb 24th - skill day
    I think Sergio is into guys in my game as well!
    March 5th: Back to the Magic Realm

2Xi4hUh.png
    I again woke up late, having had another eventful night, and made some breakfast while Guidry chattered away; I should really introduce him to L, they could talk for hours.
    vfiv5NZ.png
    After breakfast I went out into the rain to check my mailbox, and found a broom, a strange orb, and a couple crystals in it.
    F082b6E.png
    I studied the broom and got a wild idea, maybe this was one of those brooms that I'd seen spellcasters riding in the Magic Realm! I walked over to a clearing and placed the broom handle between my legs and thought about going to the Portal.
    fMY4wPL.png
    Immediately, I flew into the air and easily glided over and landed lightly next to it.
    9IsoSAA.png
    Awesome! Since I was here, I may as well go through, right? Back in the Magic Realm, I ran into L who appeared to have had makeover. I complemented her on her new look and asked if she had any new spells for me.
    tvDWYoc.png
    She gave me a spell to put others into a dazed state, which is something I guess. I made the rounds and received a plant keeping spell from Simeon and a poisonous dart summoning spell from Morgyn.
    zQi2OvW.png
    On a side note, remind me to never get on Morgyn's bad side. I was in need of some money after paying this week's bills, so I led two yoga classes for my fellow spellcasters.
    PkXIFGZ.png
    I ran into Emilia on my way out of class, and asked if she'd be willing to duel me for a spell.
    CHfdTer.png
    She agreed, and after an epic battle I amazingly won!
    yzjMO0a.png
    She gave me a love spell, which once again is not a spell I can see myself using much, but I thanked her anyways. I was feeling very charged at this point and just wanted to get away to somewhere quiet, so I used my meditative teleporting skill and focused on such a place. When I opened my eyes, I found myself in a quiet little garden area with a waterfall and greenhouse.
    SCRg2KO.png
    I found a lemon tree and harvested it's fruit and caught myself a frog.
    PKWe2k8.png
    I pulled out my fishing rod and fished for a few hours, and caught a koi.
    yl7zKkz.png
    I was feeling more emotionally mindful now, so I pulled out my broom to fly back but apparently overestimated my abilities. I lost my grip on the handle as I launched into the sky and went flying into the void.
    4z9vMWB.png
    With a painful thud I landed on a cobblestone road next to my broom, and slowly got to my feet.
    42YsiQB.png
    I hope no one saw that. As I looked around I noticed I'd landed in the market I'd visited last time, so I gingerly made my way over to see if they had anything new for sale. I bought a few things, and this time teleported back to HQ... but I think I might have interrupted something.
    6YuhYZC.png
    I sheepishly made my way upstairs, and found Morgyn again. I asked if he'd give me some more training and he led me through some exercises to strengthen my magic.
    3cDqEyg.png
    By now it was getting pretty late so I decided to spend the night.
    edited March 2022
    @Shadami
    Shadami wrote: »
    @afai1261
    is there something weird about having a gay best friend that I'm not aware of? XD
    Funny enough, most of my best friends in life have been gay/lesbian.
    Selena is so sweet , but she's also super flirty whenever she's around, so I think she might have a crush on Velma. Gosh yes, poor Kenzie fell soooo many times. I felt bad for her.
    Oh, don't mind me, I was just being silly haha. Gay Best Friend is a trope in fiction that has some connotations associated with it, but because Aaron is her best friend and just happens to be gay, it's not the same. Like his whole personality isn't based on the fact that he's gay and he doesn't embody the main tenets of the trope in itself, I just thought it was funny. So no it's nothing weird :D
    Shadami wrote: »
    @afai1261
    Feb 23rd
    Poor Aaron and Hunter getting sick :( but glad they ended up having a good love day anyways. and Lol! Going through the hedge instead of around.
    Feb 24th
    er wait. was this love day? xD But still, fantastic love day romance days.
    Both updates took place on Love Day, their date at the Von Haunt Estate was just during the day and then they spent the night at the discotheque :)
    Feb 19th- telling DJ
    aNeKri0.png

@afai1261
    Oooooooooh that makes more sense. xD Got it. I don't think about tropes usually.

edited March 2022
    March - Day 5: "If you don't dream it, you can't become it."

zlPnUf1.png

Notes

We just got back a little while ago and I've been working on my post and comments. However, we have High Wind Warnings for tonight and they're starting to ramp up now. I'm posting my daily post pic now in case we lose power before I can finish. Hopefully be back soon to finish both. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    dJ1E8f3.png
    After L. left, Simeon came outside for a break inbetween classes. He and Cale had a chat and Simeon offered to start Cale's training in how to succeed in a Magic Duel.

JgGeaWh.png
    It was close for awhile, but in the end, Cale defeated him.

y3qArbx.png
    Ouch, poor Simeon...

82AEL48.png
    "YES! I did it! Unbelievable!"
    "Bravo Cale you must be a natural or have a bit of magic blood in your veins. It's not easy to defeat a Sage."
    "Thanks! I have no idea if I have any magic blood or not. I don't even know any of my relatives other than my Mom. I guess it's possible, but I doubt it."

gDQvWuI.png
    Morgyn suggested Cale Duel with his wife, Jessah. At first it looked as if he would defeat her as well.

5JaFdXp.png
    But it was not to be, she beat him within minutes. On a sidenote, it annoys me how the game chooses 'situational' outfits for NPC Sims that are actually my own and already have a wardrobe carefully chosen specifically for the Realm. Why is that necessary? *sigh*

WAYfFRj.png
    Finally, Morgyn offered to Duel with Cale as well. It's well known in the Realm that the Untamed Sage is tough to beat in a Duel. Of the three Sages, he is the best.

Ugh, I thought I had a Mod that prevented game generated spellcaster NPCs, but apparently it's either not working or I did not put it back when I was having problems with Mods awhile ago.

cKUsT74.png
    Tsk, what are you doing Dude? How rude! For some reason Mr. Pompous Pink thought it would be a good idea to take off on his broom right in the middle of their Duel. I hope he got scorched!

K8KBwAf.png
    I'd like to think that Dude distracted Cale is the reason it looked like he'd lose, but I know better. Morgyn is formidable and never holds anything back no matter what experience his opponent may or may not have. Right in the face...Ow!

oWrUF3a.png
    I love it when they pick them up to be tossed around like that. It just looks so cool!

A0sEBA1.png
    However, it's bad enough Cale lost in such spectacular fashion, but to add insult to injury, he got a curse too! He still does not know how to remove a curse, so I sent him home to chill for awhile. I didn't want the guy to start getting beat up by everyone in sight! o.O

2U5bTdO.png
    Of course he's also angry. He gets anger moodlets popping up all the time, but there's a reason this time.

ojHEWwY.png
    Anger is said to be a good emotion though for practicing untamed magic. Hopefully this idea holds true. The spell for Curse Cleansing is in the untamed category. He was able to learn Chillio, but that won't help him. He practiced for a long while after, reaching Adept, but it didn't seem like he would learn any other spells tonight.

6hQvcbK.png
    Luckily, he'd bought a tome to learn a potion which he could now read.

hy6VLur.png
    He's still angry though. Cheer up Cale, you're advancing quickly, keep going and you'll learn the curse cleansing spell soon. Also, you can't expect to win every Duel, especially against Sages.

WtbeEkR.png
    (That's not why I'm angry, well not the only reason. I need some fun!)
    He's right. For some reason, learning spells and potions, even dueling isn't fun for spellcasters. Why is that? However, I see someone coming up the sidewalk that will help with your fun need.

MLTm61R.png
    Somehow Joy had found him! Of course he invited her to spend the night with him so they could uh, catch up.

QxqnqEy.png
    "I'm so glad you're here, I've missed you."

R3skOx9.png
    "I've missed you too handsome. No one can make me feel the way you make me feel. I couldn't stop thinking about you. Kiss me Cale"
    "Oh I'll kiss you Babe and a lot more. We have all night..."

bdpLxq4.png
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my March 5th post above and here's comments/replies finally! We have a thunderstorm here now. Lovely, but the wind seems to have died down just a touch, that's a good thing! Anyway, have a great day/night tomorrow! <3

@Shadami
    Thanks for your comments on my posts! :)

@afai1261
    You deserved every word of it, I'm glad my comments made you so happy. :) Thanks, I guess we're one of the lucky couples. All our friends from the past have divorced and remarried at least once, except for one couple who are still together and actually married in high school. The woman was my very best friend back then and I was her Maid of Honor. :)

Clean-shaven young men can be very handsome as well, but to me, they just can't hold a candle to a mature man with long hair, facial and body hair. ;)

Well bummer about the bad conversation. Hopefully they'll make up soon and it'll all blow over. :) HAHA! About the cowplants, there is at least one, maybe more, haven't looked very closely, that came with lilsimsie's HQ build and in my save, it's already died. Oppsies! :D

It's a fabulous sentence and you should be proud of it! I've had a few things I've written make me feel strong emotions too, but not many. It's a great feeling eh? :) Oh gosh, you're definitely a romantic. Can't write like that if you weren't. You're good at it, more than good, fabulous! I'm so glad you went the direction you did for Cale's reaction, it was absolutely, without a doubt, perfect!

Thank you about Cale's avy. I figured it was about time I changed it. I never did for Windenburg. I might change it again if I get another screenshot of him that I love though. :)

Hey, I made her and I find her hot too! hehe Cale's got good taste in women I think. :) Yes, of course he would stargaze with Simeon. I won't guarantee Cale won't use his powers for something bad, but if he does, he'll have a very good reason for it! ;)

Aww man, Aaron bolted from Marco. Can't say as I blame him. No way could he give Marco an answer without lying and I just don't see Aaron as the type that would be anything less than honest. Ugh, cowplant! Well I'm glad Aaron appears to like it anyway. Pretty cool he knows the scientific name for it too!

@permanentrose
    Whoa! Go Cale! Looks like they're both progressing very well in their powers. Awww, I love how protective Pepper is of Robin and I love how Cale gave Pepper a hug of reassurance. So sweet! Very cool Rose was fishing nearby so Robin could join her and then offered some training. So cute how excited L. is for Robin too. :)

Glad to hear you've gotten some medicine for your illness! I probably should've done the same, but I'm about 95% better now, except for a lingering cough and a bit of congestion. Hope the medicine helps and you'll be back on your feet in no time! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top