Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

3 expansion packs I don't own: Which of them should I buy?

There's only 3 EPs left that I don't own. They're Island Living, Get Famous, Eco Lifestyle. I never plan to by Eco, honestly I will never buy that one. So which?

3 expansion packs I don't own: Which of them should I buy? 116 votes

Island Living
51%
bshag4lvMichelleWlakirelove7680JueJueStormkeepMontrase102MelisendremcruddelemmeleelanorbretonncisGibbs02simgirl1010cchant86g01denswancatloverplayermjalletLustianiciaKironideemere 60 votes
Get Famous
39%
crocobauraEvvieSimmerErja888alexspoom13SimmervilleBlkBarbiegalimhappybabajayneSnuffyBucketheiblumeAnmirlaMariefoxprice83alanmichael1taydevLadyKynbixtersEmmaVaneLoriTSpviola-illyriaannalephant 46 votes
save your money and don't buy any of them
8%
BreeSashafreindlylolgc6164APottssnoepjes1210OldeseadoggeRedShoe7sinnyonceJordan061102phantling 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I mean it's currently on sale, so I might buy one.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Get Famous
    GF has 10 times more gameplay than IL. Also ECO is better than IL.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Get Famous
    I was pretty surprised by GF. Never cared for any celebrity related stuff that much, but I really liked it.

Enjoyed CAS along with the fancy to gaudy overpriced furniture in it to give my more richer sims (which are struggling now due to the lot value of pricy items haha). Lot of gameplay throughout this pack too. Even without making any famous sims I liked the acting career, the new ways in making money to being a content creator (which kids can do as well) or making music tracks which you can listen to on the radio, the new hip hop station and the reputation system.

My only gripe with GF is mostly the small world, but having a sim celebrity who had stans coming to their house digging in their trash while they had a cripping 'juice' addiction if they weren't drinking often I found too amusing all the while getting annoyed by their growing fame and attention. The perk system has to be my favorite in the various things you can get from gifts in the mail good or bad to other sims wearing your style of clothes.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Island Living
    I really love Sulani, the bb objects, clothes, mermaids and conservation tasks. I rarely play with a celebrity Sim, but I also like collecting the fame points and making famous painters/authors in the game.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Island Living
    Sulani is a beautiful world and it has the beach play features and mermaids if that's your thing, but Get famous has it's charms too more on the career side.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Get Famous
    You need to buy both of them. The Get Famous Pirate ship looks awesome in Sulani. And there's sword fight and a steering wheel, so it's not completely decorative. Would have been best if the cannons worked but you could probably simulate that by using the volcanic activity lot trait.
  • Options
    ThatFlutterGuyThatFlutterGuy Posts: 19 Member
    Island Living
    Island living was one of my most anticipated packs. In my opinion Sulani is better than del smol valley because of the size, and the ocean is neat. Mermaids are definitely the “weakest” out of the occult sims but I still think they’re neat. On the other hand Get famous (again strictly my opinion) has more gameplay options. And the customization options are better for “everyone” (island living gives us a lot of good clothing options, but they’re better if you actually live in the island. So in my opinion I think you should get Island Living
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Island Living
    Island Living has one the most beautifull worlds in the entire game imo. That alone makes it worth it. Get famous has fun gameplay and I acting is my favorite fully active career but it gets boring at some point.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Get Famous
    The CAS/B&B of Get Famous gets more use in regular gameplay I'd say.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited March 2022
    Island Living
    Out of these IL is my favourite

get famous is fun but also results in lots of annoyances when you're not in mood for famous sims n stuff cause the famous sims keep interrupting all the venues

meanwhile what happens in sulani kinda stays in sulani and its always fun to go there for a little beach fun

eco lifestyle yeah idk I haven't really explored it much yet tbh but the bugs are overflowing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    Island Living
    I voted for IL because for some reason most of my outdoor sims live there, so much to do for a sim. With that being said, I love GF. I have a difficult time choosing favorite, lol. I didn't have a celebrity until several months after the pack released, and I had a ball. Like someone said, buy both if they are both on sale. :) You definitely won't regret it.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Get Famous
    Honestly Eco lifestyle has a bad rep, but I use the items ALL the time - so especially if like playing off the grid and similar play it helps so much.
    In contrast to Island Living which I NEVER use anything from, besides maybe some bath outfits.
    Eco does have the issue with the NAPs being annoying, but you can turn them off and never vote on anything, and it will be fine. Get famous has a lot of gameplay, but the world is stupidly small. Of the three, I'd say Eco is still my favorite just from how much I use the items and I enjoy the off the grid and rags to riches tie in. Get famous is second choice after Eco for me, and IL is cool for some holidays for the sims, but other than that, not much except maybe a career.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Island Living
    Honestly it depends on your gameplay and what you want. I have yet to get Get Famous myself because I don't think I would like playing with celebrities. But I love Island Living! It is a beautiful world. I love the beachy vibes. And the mermaids! But it could be just the opposite for you.
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    I couldn't vote because Eco Living is not listed. :):p

If you play like me and want challenge in your game, that pack together with Country Living makes for a great combo in my opinion.
    I love the community lots and have one in every world. I especially like the community garden where visiting Sims are active. The voting system NAP's have gotten a bad reputation but it really isn't very difficult to change things to what you want.
    All the Build/Buy items are pretty, I use them all the time.
    The world isn't that pretty but I like that it's different and I play it as my grunge city.

No 2 would be Island Living for me. It's a great vacation spot with a pretty world. It gets a little boring to live there full time I think. The Build/Buy items are nice.

No 3 Get Famous - This one is low on my list because I think the actor job is very repetitious, the fans and famous ppl are kind of annoying and the world is not great. I'm not super sold on the Build/Buy items either.
    ( someone was using the Eco pack to make part of that world smoggy - now that's an idea I will try in my game and maybe I will like the world ) :)

If you play in big mansions with lots of wealth I can see you might enjoy Get Famous.
    If you play more like rags to riches (me) the other packs get my vote.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Island Living has the better world, Get Famous has more gameplay, it all depends on what you're looking for.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Island Living
    Island Living. Sulani is beautiful and lets you swim in the ocean and bathe and woohoo under the large waterfall. It also has numourous other waterfalls. You can swim in 2 lakes with waterfalls the big one and the one with several falls.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Sorry didn't vote because both packs are equally good in my opinion.

What I would suggest would depend on your gameplay.

If you like more family oriented and generational gameplay then Island Living is the best choice.

If you enjoy maybe a single Sim play that wants to become an actor then Get Famous is best. It's not to say that there aren't great things in this pack that help enhance all around play because there are, but the bulk of this pack gameplay wise is focused on the acting career.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Island Living
    Island living is so beautiful looking. There's a lot of things to explore and mermaids are really fun
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Get Famous
    It depends on your gameplay. But in my case, I focused on careers and family gameplay when I played the game. So I bought Get Famous.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Get Famous
    I was pleasantly surprised by Get Famous. The video station is fun to play around with and I enjoy the acting gigs. The bb is on another level for wealthy sims, and I really like it. The awards are available for authors or musicians to get, so it expands some base game careers in that regard. Celebrities are rarely annoying out in the wild and sometimes I have sims that fit the mold so I’ll play one here and there.

I was disappointed with Island Living. I really wish there were more activities for multiple sims to do together, but even boats are for 1 sim at a time. There are a few new careers, but I find the daily tasks more tedious to fulfill. I’ve had the most fun doing a Naked and Afraid challenge (made up my own rules but they had to be strict because it can be too easy for them to survive).

But if they’re both on sale, I would recommend them both for different reasons. As it has been mentioned, IL has a better world. GF has better gameplay if you want more stimulation than relaxing at a beach.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    They’re all packs with worlds too 😵 GF IMO is better than eco but I use the world more than GF and IL, it has two apartment lots, so 4 additional apartments besides the ones in San Myshino. I’d only get them if it were on sale for half of tho, full price none of them are worth it
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Island Living
    I never cared much about either theme when they were announced, but I use Island Living all the time. The world is amazing and more interactive with interesting things than most other worlds. I absolutely love the Mermaids and the airy, Polynesian vibe of the whole pack. I also love that the ocean can be dangerous and unpredictable and that there's a live volcano. I know there's no underwater swimming, which is a bummer, but playing in Sulani is like actually taking a visual vacation. The atmosphere is incredible and I love it. I think it's actually one of my favorite expansions.

Get Famous is better than I expected too, but my main favorite thing about it is the acting career and all of the costumes. I use the costumes all the time to make "custom Occults". 😊
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Get Famous
    Get Famous has the fame system (which is pretty fun, although some of the quirks are annoying), and you can opt out of it on a sim-by-sim bases.

The world is one of my favourites, although a bit on the small size, and it never got updated for beach lots which is a crime.

The premade sims are great fun.

Downside: Baby Ariel.
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Island Living
    I don't have either of those packs, so I just flipped a coin. Tails. Island Living it is.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Island Living
    Island Living. It’s just so beautiful. I’ve turned it into a rental getaway place. 🌞☀️🌊
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞