Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official My Wedding Stories Non-Buyers Survey Released

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Thanks for sharing that survey!

I may have unleashed a little bit at the end of it. :s
    #Team Occult
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    I do wonder why they need a survey? Here in their very own forum (and not only here), simmers have explained why they don't buy it (yet), and it's not only the bugs. I mean, I don't use much social media, but I saw how much bad it is from the live stream, how things I really expected ingame and which weren't included and I've decided to wait at least for a sale. I know that I wouldn't get my money back, because they had excluded it from the user agreement and I had to waive of my costumers right for returning things I've bought and installed by downloads. By that ea decision, I won't pre-order anything anymore and will look carefully in advance.

I've read different threads about the gamepack in the last days and I was glad about my decision to wait for it. Normally I'm a first day buyer, but this time, I really want to wait until it's fixed for most of it. It's sad that modders have to create mods to fix what should work as intended in the game. I still want to buy it one day but definitely not in his current status.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited March 2022
    Good to see that they are taking feedback, and want raw numbers (not just general feedback) on why people did not buy the pack. Hopefully they will get a clear message here and it can result in some changes. Raw numbers could maybe lead to them prioritizing that their packs are working before release and will maybe get them to assign more engineers or something.

I was pretty clear, I did not buy it because of the bugs.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    I suspect that they are trying to determine whether it’s better to fix it or give refunds.

If that were the case they would want additional feedback from the people who did buy it, to get a feel for how many are angry, how many are disappointed but still like the pack, and how many are just a-ok with it. So ...I don't think you're right about that.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    For me it's not just about the bugs (although i did enphatized it), but also about new and exciting gameplay. Improved weddings should have come with a base game update. Specially when all the events around it (bach party, etc) don't add any new cool gameplay...
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited March 2022
    @Daravi
    I agree. I dont think they need much more feedback. They know what Simmers want. I just dont think theyre going to do it.. there are a billion feedback threads and that big one they did last year -the one where they had lots of feedback onto what to add to the core of the game and what simmers want. They already know.

But if you buy anyway it doesnt seem to matter much to the higher ups. Thats their business anyway - not pleasing fans but making money.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    They need to quantify the percentage of people who answer "I'm not buying this game pack until the bugs are fixed" TIMES the total amount of lost revenue to estimate the size of the prize for spending money fixing this.

Which is why I said it adds insult to injury. It is a clear message that they don't care about the people who have already bought the pack, because if they did, fixing it for those people would be justification enough.

By "they" I mean higher level management, not the folks who actually worked on the pack. I have no doubt that most, if not all of them, as well as the greater portion of the Sims Team wanted to delay release to get it in better shape in the first place.

I suspect that they are trying to determine whether it’s better to fix it or give refunds.

They don't give refunds on packs. It's better for us if they fix the bugs though.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    edited March 2022
    Told them I wouldn't buy it because lack of gameplay/improved Sims and no occults.

Then, since they asked so nicely, I humbly asked them for an attraction system/gender preferences, Fairies, Werewolves, Dragons and whatever occults they can dream up. I'm expecting them to be very pleased with this suggestion on which direction they should go to next. My friends (and enemies) calls me a hopeless dreamer, but what do they know? (besides everything except The Sims, that is)

Feels good to voice your opinion, even when they send it to the paperbin. "Not another one asking for Occults..."

EDIT: Oh yeah, I might have not so humbly suggested that they improve their Sims instead of a dozen new chairs and tables and worlds that contains basically the same gameplay as the old ones.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • _jodielaura_jodielaura Posts: 19 Member
    I filled out the survey because, like others, I fully intended to buy this pack until I saw how broken it was. I really really do love the CAS and I want the new world but I am absolutely not giving a company money for releasing something in this state and I told them as much. I also said they need to put out a statement and an apology to the community which I don’t think they will do tbh.
  • HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2022
    Wonder if the survey will really make a difference..
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Thanks for providing the survey link. I have not purchased the wedding pack, and I am pleased to see them directly asking for the reasons why. I know it seems unnecessary to a lot of players since many people are talking about the many bugs on this forum and other social media, but as some others have mentioned, to get real data, you need a survey. On social media it can be that a very loud group of people are actually just a tiny fraction of the players. So a survey helps get answers from the quieter simmers.

Also, some of us have more reasons for not having bought the pack than just the bugs. For me, it is also that I am upset about them adding "neighborhood stories" to the base game without giving us a toggle to completely turn it off. I am still on the patch that is prior to that update, because I don't want that feature, and I will not be updating until they give us a way to turn it completely off. This affects my ability to purchase any new packs, not just this one. The survey gave me a chance to make sure they know that.

That being said, they definitely should have another survey to get feedback from the people who did buy it.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    I didn't buy it for the gameplay. It seems very shallow and repetitive. Every time I buy a pack that's repetitive I regret it. (Except Laundry Day.) So the bugs didn't affect me buying it. But I'm assuming this puts me in the minority. I haven't seen whether there's a way to choose to have normal weddings or "pack weddings", maybe then I'd buy it. Even with the bugs.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Thanks for that link, have filled it in.
    Glad they're taking feedback but honestly shouldn't it be obvious to them why so many walked away?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I wish they'd tell us their atleast working on the bugs. Also I'm wondering when we're going to get a Maxis Monthly this month.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    @Daravi
    I agree. I dont think they need much more feedback. They know what Simmers want. I just dont think theyre going to do it.. there are a billion feedback threads and that big one they did last year -the one where they had lots of feedback onto what to add to the core of the game and what simmers want. They already know.

But if you buy anyway it doesnt seem to matter much to the higher ups. Thats their business anyway - not pleasing fans but making money.

@StrawberryYogurt Yes that's correct with everything you said. But I still have some self-esteem, I won't buy anything which breaks my game experience, I won't pay that price. Luckely, the game direction is so focused on modern times things, that they have forgotten that not every players has set his game on the current time period, that makes it easy to me to ignore such things like the kits. In the end, I believe, even the greediest, but experiented manager knows that too many mistakes will drive the costumers away and it's in their own interest (real money talks) to keep the costumer well nourish. Or if not, then they should better remind themselves on it.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    Glad they're taking feedback but honestly shouldn't it be obvious to them why so many walked away?

I speculated on this in my earlier comment here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18071170/#Comment_18071170

I believe it's obvious to them, but they want quantitative data to make the business case for dedicating engineer resources for fixing the pack.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »

I speculated on this in my earlier comment here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18071170/#Comment_18071170

I believe it's obvious to them, but they want quantitative data to make the business case for dedicating engineer resources for fixing the pack.

Yes it's like when a scientific study is done and ppl say they don't need to do a study or research to come to the conclusion. But if you want to make a point it's better to show actual data that can't be disputed.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Non buyer over here, and I gave them a piece of my mind as well. One can only hope that some form of actual effort is being made to make this pack worth so much as $5 out of pocket. One can only hope.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I haven’t bought the pack yet, even though I was very excited about the pack and its content, so I filled out the survey and emphasized that Fixing Bugs and Positive Reviews are what would get me to buy a pack.

Right now, Weddings haddock buggy and broken gameplay and bad reviews, so…..

I listed some of the bugs and broken stuff I saw in YouTubers/Game Changers’ videos to really emphasize that point.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    I left feedback as well. There’s no way I’m buying a pack where the core gameplay features don’t even work.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I like how they give us room to explain why we didn't buy the pack, instead of just shunting us off. But my favorite side-effect of this, is that I can force the people reviewing the surveys to read my demands for dragons.

I should have thought of that, but hey, it's early in the morning and I was too busy thinking about the reports of how buggy the pack is. I can talk about dragons in another survey in the future.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member

I doubt anyone would be getting a refund. I believe they are trying to figure out if it's worth it to fix the pack or not.

Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    AMHB1974 wrote: »
    It would have been nice to have feedback for the ones who have purchased the game pack. That would be more beneficial considering we are the ones struggling to play it. Not everyone watched the live stream nor watched every single game-changer.

They want money, we already gave them ours, so they don't care much about what we have to say about the pack, apparently. It's basically a survey asking "How can we get your money" ... kind of adds insult to injury to do that survey while still not having given those of us who already purchased any kind of apology or statement.

Yeah, it's clear sales bombed for this pack because they're doing this post mortem survey on why people aren't buying. A lot of people are saying it's offensive, and I get that, but the Sims Team isn't blind. They are well aware of all the content on Twitter and YouTube about how buggy the pack is. The purpose of this survey is to get quantitative data to make a business case for, I assume, allocating engineer resources ($$$) towards fixing the bugs. Unfortunately, EA isn't going to fix it just because. They need to quantify the percentage of people who answer "I'm not buying this game pack until the bugs are fixed" TIMES the total amount of lost revenue to estimate the size of the prize for spending money fixing this.

Or they want to know how to remarket it (still with bugs) because the question was on the survey 'what would influence you to buy it' wasn't it? That seems to make me think they are just trying to come up with how to remarket and do more ads rather than fix any bugs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Worth it ? It shouldn’t even be a question, you release broken content, you fix It, or you have zero respect for your customers.
    JaiSea wrote: »

I doubt anyone would be getting a refund. I believe they are trying to figure out if it's worth it to fix the pack or not.

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited March 2022
    Just in case anyone missed it:
    There is a second survey now: a buyer’s version of the survey as well that got released. Anyone who bought the pack, please take that buyers survey and give all of the honest feedback about the major bugs/broken gameplay you’ve encountered, so the team has tons of direct survey feedback of customer dissatisfaction with the pack that the team can’t ignore and HAS to see and address.

Edited to add:
    The thread for buyer’s version of the survey is here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/998079/official-my-wedding-stories-buyers-survey-released#latest

Please give all of the honest feedback you can give about the pack, so that the company can really see how broken/buggy the pack is if many customers are vocal about it. 👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)