Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation on spring roadmap

Comments

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited February 2022
    MichelleW wrote: »
    What do you think the April/May/June roadmap will look like?

My guess would be 2 kits and a pack. Hopefully an expansion pack, I worry that if they wait till summer to release the next expansion pack we will only see one again this year. We probably won't see another game pack since we are getting one with this roadmap.

I'm going to guess 2 kits and an EP, music and/or hobbies related.

Me personally:
    Definitely at least 2 kits but really I want to see a SP. 🤔

Predication:
    3 kits and another GP. (Werewolves 😎!) It feels like things are broken down into chunks so that’s why I’ve gone with GP over EP.
    Body hair Kit. (CAS)
    Werewolves GP.
    School Sports Day Kit. (Kids CAS)
    Attic Days Kit (BB).

I doubt we’ll see a EP until the next road map (Jul/Aug/Sep). It’s been a long time since a SP. 😢

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Lotusflower6Lotusflower6 Posts: 4 New Member
    more collaborations would be nice, brands like Ikea, Alvar Alto and Marimekko. a refresh of Get to work would be nice, because it is really buggy. I also miss the private detective career, the junkyard, the exploring, cars and open world
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    more collaborations would be nice, brands like Ikea, Alvar Alto and Marimekko. a refresh of Get to work would be nice, because it is really buggy. I also miss the private detective career, the junkyard, the exploring, cars and open world

Renowed architect's furniture may be an issue because many pieces by Aalto, van der Rohe or the Eames are still copyrighted and under the exclusive distribution of different sub-brands like Vitra, Knoll, Artek, Bauhaus...
    Happy simming!
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Hopefully we get Werewolves and/or Fairies this year, I'm starving for occult content.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I predict a sp and an ep... might be too ambitious but 🤷🏾‍♀️

More specifically I think a sp in April, a kit in May, and an ep in June. The team seems understaffed so I hope they hire a lot more devs to work on the packs.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    GP01 Outdoor Retreat (Jan.)
    <-- 6 months -->
    GP02 Spa Day (Jul.)
    <-- 11 months -->
    GP03 Dine Out (June)
    <-- 7 months -->
    GP04 Vampires (Jan.)
    <-- 4 months -->
    GP05 Parenthood (May)
    <-- 9 months -->
    GP06 Jungle Adventures (Feb.)
    <-- 12 months -->
    GP07 StrangerVille (Feb.)
    <-- 7 months -->
    GP08 Realm of Magic (Sep.)
    <-- 12 months -->
    GP09 Star Wars : Journey to Batuu (Sep.)
    <-- 9 months -->
    GP10 Dream Home Decorator (June)
    <-- 8 months -->
    GP11 My Wedding Stories (Feb.)

In theory the next GP shouldn't be released before September (7 months later)

I hope so, it would be perfect for Werewolves GP around October. :blush:
  • CrazyMotherCoolCrazyMotherCool Posts: 17 Member
    At least one EP and one SP for this year please and if they can add more content into the kits
  • CuriousCarrotTopCuriousCarrotTop Posts: 43 Member
    I expect mostly kits and maybe one or two packs left in the year, I'd be shocked if we didn't get at least one more pack this year but idk if it would be sooner than summer at the earliest. I'd be surprised if we got another pack as soon as the spring season. Hopefully we'll at least get some useful and not buggy kits, sometimes they're good but so far it's been very hit or miss for me.
    Origin ID: CuriousCarrotTop | My Simblr | My Twitter
  • purplereignpurplereign Posts: 111 Member
    In honor of April Fool's Day, I'm gonna say we'll have DLC that is bug free.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    In honor of April Fool's Day, I'm gonna say we'll have DLC that is bug free.

Omg I almost spit out my coffee 🤣. Dare to dream.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I expect 2-3 kits and a pack refresh.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    I expect 2-3 kits and a pack refresh.

I was thinking the same ! I hope it will be OR. I think we will have construction Kits
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2022
    I think kit, kit, ep .
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    I am hoping for a stuff pack and an EP. We skipped the November EP so I think chances for a new EP are good. Please, please another occult lifestate. A stuff pack would also be welcome, the latest stuff packs were good, far better than all the kits combined.

In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if all we got was more kits during spring, only cas and bb kits obviously. At least this scenario would save me money because I see little point in buying them.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    They need to add a "no story progression option". I have not patched my game in a while because I don't want story progression and I definitely don't want to click "no thanx" pop ups every time the game asks me whether a sim I never cared about should do so or so. I don't want my poor farmer to receive a phone call from the Queen asking whether my farmer thinks the Queen and King should try for another baby. EA interfering with my sandbox slowly kills my imaginative stories. I would prefer to be in charge of my own game, and I can't add anything - desired new packs included, until they allow me to completely opt out from all those popups. Hopefully the announced following up will be part of the March patch, I'm not a fan of the silence regarding this...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    They need to add a "no story progression option". I have not patched my game in a while because I don't want story progression and I definitely don't want to click "no thanx" pop ups every time the game asks me whether a sim I never cared about should do so or so. I don't want my poor farmer to receive a phone call from the Queen asking whether my farmer thinks the Queen and King should try for another baby. EA interfering with my sandbox slowly kills my imaginative stories. I would prefer to be in charge of my own game, and I can't add anything - desired new packs included, until they allow me to completely opt out from all those popups. Hopefully the announced following up will be part of the March patch, I'm not a fan of the silence regarding this...

I'm right there with you on that. I don't have royalty in my game, but I do have a number of custom cultures with their own social rules, and "Neighborhood Stories" would never fit within them. For now I use all of the "disable" modules from Bienchen's "neighborhoodstories" mod, but it irks me that I should be forced to do that just to preserve the way I played before. I'm only lucky not to be on console, I guess, or I wouldn't even have that option. :unamused:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    @Simmerville @VeeDub

I needed a way to turn them off completely too before I would patch, and I use Bienchen's mod to disable it.

But in another thread, EA Cade commented to another simmer regarding not updating due to no option to disable it and he said:
    EA_Cade wrote: »

If you're referring to Neighborhood Stories you can completely disable it when it goes live, so no need to play in offline mode.

So that was super good news to me!
  • NicoleaNicolea Posts: 48 Member
    When do you guys think we will get the spring/summer roadmap this month or next?
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    @Chicklet453681 Good to know! Thanks for that; I hadn't seen it before. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    Nicolea wrote: »
    When do you guys think we will get the spring/summer roadmap this month or next?

At the beginning of April, I suppose, probably not on April fools day, though. The current one doesn't end before the end of March.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Still Work at home...

April : Nothing
    May : Kit and ... kit
    June : Kit

July : Kit
    August : Kit
    September : Nothing (Back to Redwood Shores office)

October : Kit + Kit
    November : EP
    December : Kit

There will be an Expansion in June or July.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    SimGuruNova is posting about [Redacted] again, maybe they're going to announce a pack/refresh for April or May?
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I think it's probably the next expansion pack. I can't remember when she joined the team but she said it's the first project she worked on fully.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    With the release of the Unlucky Chef scenario I'm reminded of a weird period of time where different Sims social media accounts kept posting things related to catching food on fire. I wonder if they hinted toward this scenario.