Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quinceañera party

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
A new celebration when a child (or pre-teen if the future bring us a new lifestage) reaches the teen stage.

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Is it like a Sweet Sixteen party? We definitely need more things for teen Sims in the game.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited March 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Is it like a Sweet Sixteen party? We definitely need more things for teen Sims in the game.

Basically. In some latin american countries, the quinceañera is a special celebration when a teen boy, but mainly girls, reaches the 15 years old.
    Post edited by Mak27 on
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    I would love this if it came with special interactions or activities, otherwise I suppose a big bash birthday party would do.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I guess they could do a coming of age party. Like not necessarily a birthday party. They could do it in the middle of the teen lifestage and have specific sentiments tied to it. Close family members can give speeches and advice to the teen.

This could cover different teen/coming of age celebrations from different cultures like sweet sixteen, quincenarea, bar mitzvah and etc.

They could have customizable activities like the wedding events.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    We'd first need a standardized way to define such an "age" but I'd prefer (to the point of begging) to keep things open to each player's personal interpretation. The celebration itself is a nice idea, though.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    We'd first need a standardized way to define such an "age" but I'd prefer (to the point of begging) to keep things open to each player's personal interpretation. The celebration itself is a nice idea, though.

Teens are tall enough to pass for 15, so it could be the birthday when they turn teens?
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

I think you could just hold the party in the middle of the lifestage without them actually aging up.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Teens are tall enough to pass for 15, so it could be the birthday when they turn teens?
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I think you could just hold the party in the middle of the lifestage without them actually aging up.

Either of those would probably work well. I especially like the idea of having the party at some point the player chooses in the teen stage. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)