Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... have you bought My Buggy Weddings?

Comments

• Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited March 2022
    Other
    dgd12790 wrote: »
    I bought it, but wish I hadn't. The new world will not load at all for me. All of the Sims I ask that are BFFs refused to be Sim of Honor. My Sims niece and nephew refused to be in the wedding. Its a mess.

@dgd12790
    Sims can refuse to be all of those things even if they are your best friends, relatives, ect., as it is part of the gameplay. 😂

I'm curious to know if many players actually play with events on a regular basis prior to the new pack being released. Several things I've been reading have always happened during events.

With the new wedding pack, some events have Sims already grouped together. Perhaps, many players have never used the group feature during events or realize you can use group for both of your Sims that you are playing.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Yes I bought it and it works nicely in my game
    dgd12790 wrote: »
    I bought it, but wish I hadn't. The new world will not load at all for me. All of the Sims I ask that are BFFs refused to be Sim of Honor. My Sims niece and nephew refused to be in the wedding. Its a mess.

Do you use TwistedMexi's TOOL mod? That's a big culprit causing people to not be able to load the new world. He put out an update the same day the game pack released, so make sure you have updated it if you use it (and delete your localthumbnailscache.package file). That particular mod needs to be updated (or removed) every time we get a new pack that has a new world.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    No, I am not buying it until it is fixed by EA
    I was going to just buy this pack for the sake of the world and B/B and ignore the gameplay, but since it breaks elements of base game gameplay, I'm waiting until bugs are fixed.
    gen3-banner.png
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited March 2022
    I watched videos of wedding gameplay by Turner, Deligracy, liliesimie and various other simmers on YouTube, and WOW. What a disgrace! None of their weddings went well or even fully worked. A couple of the YouTubers even had mods installed, and, while somewhat better, the weddings were still a disappointing mess.

Very, very disappointed that EA/Maxis is selling a gameplay-aspect pack in such an unplayable condition! I hope the YouTubers and many simmers continue to be loud and verbal about the broken wedding gameplay, as this was the most broken pack I have ever seen (besides maybe Dine Out or the vacuum kit thing?), wow! 😲

When even the nicer Sims 4-loving YouTubers are having problems and are even releasing statements about not buying a particular Sims 4 pack, then that means you have a major problem! 😖

The EA silence is not very reassuring as well, but they better get fixing, or else they will be losing even the usually optimistic Game Changers….

I don’t want to use mods to fix a major gameplay aspect. I have never needed mods in my own game before this point for essential services lay, and I don’t plan to use mods to fix major gameplay packs.

While I’m grateful that modders are helping many simmers, I do not think it is fair to have them fix something that the company should have fixed.

I will be waiting for a fix, and hold off playing Sims 4 until it gets fixed. If that means, just playing Sims 2 and Sims 3 for my wedding gameplay, then so be it. 😄
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • _jodielaura_jodielaura Posts: 19 Member
    I was very excited by the trailer (it’s my favourite one so far) and I really adore the CAS and I want the new world and the BB, but I’m not giving them money for this. It’s not acceptable to release a pack this way.
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    No, I am never buying this rubbish!
    I would buy it if the title really was My Buggy Weddings and it featured insect-infested weddings! 😆 (A story game featuring some sort of insect themed curse perhaps?)

I think the pack is a nice idea for anyone who wanted more romance and wedding gameplay. Have to admit though, I'm a little disappointed (and puzzled) that a whole game pack was dedicated to just weddings. To me, that sounds like a very short game (so is the gameplay just planning the weddings?) If it was a stuff pack I'd understand.

Would love to have another game pack that featured some kind of adventure.

Yes. Very this. My first thought when I watched the trailer was, "that's it?"
    Weddings are such a small part of gameplay, and most sims have 0-1 wedding in their lifetime, don't they?
    It's strange I haven't seen this opinion more. I think maybe the only reason it isn't a stuff pack is the new world.
  • lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    The pack has an interesting concept... I just wish they would fix it. I feel like EA has been spending too much time on cosmetics and way too little on making sure they're shipping the GPs with actually working features.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited March 2022
    I was going to buy this pack. I was actually really excited for this pack. But then...well, we all know what happened lol

I just can't believe how silent the team is being about it. I really hope this isn't another Dine Out scenario where they just...never fix it, and act like the problem doesn't exist.

You KNOW you got a problem when even the most loyal "game changers" are like "don't buy this pack"
    Why to pay for a broken version of a basegame feature ?

^This^

Thought about getting it just because there are already mods out to fix some of the bugs, but then I realized I'd be paying EA for the modders' work. So I'm just sitting this one out until something changes.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I thought Carl only did guides...who knew he could fix this mess. I don't have any immediate plans to have a fancy wedding, most of my sims will be making the trip to the courthouse. But he also fixed the gardening, I had given up on EA ever fixing the gardening mess and Carl managed to, plus giving me burglars! :D

I would recommend this mod in the event anyone is experiencing the total mess of this pack. (It is hard to remember that the same ones who did such a bang up job on CL totally fudged this one up.)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other
    No, I'm never buying that pack.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I was waiting for a sale to buy this pack, because I like the CAS/BB and world but I didn't feel like there was much "gameplay" added, especially since weddings are base game. The option to have flower pal and the rest are nice, but you can kind of pretend that all out anyway already.

Now I'm not only waiting for a sale but until it's fixed. I refuse to pay even sale price (heck even free!) to add something to my game knowing full well that it will break the functioning weddings that I already do have.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Other
    After careful consideration and the fact I seldom play the Sims game these days, I've decided to wait for it to go on sale,though I do like to have packs with new worlds in them. Hopefully by the ti.e it is put on sale some of those bugs will be fixed.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member
    I bought it and will use mods to fix it
    ExxCee wrote: »
    I don't ever use mods. Ever. But this has pushed me over the edge...

I am right there with you. I stopped playing Sims 4 after the Cottage Living release and went back to only playing Sims 3, but was lured back with the Wedding stuff. I have not used mods since I had an issue with Sims 3 about 10 years ago, but I have found that the only way I can tolerate playing Sims 4 and get any enjoyment out of it, is to use mods. Fingers crossed, so far so good, but I have so many backups of the game now just to make sure it does not crash. It is frustrating because there is so much potential with Sims 4, but it seems that for us older players, it has remained a shell of what it could be. I much preferred playing Sims 2 and 3 over Sims 4 before I added the mods.
  • ThatFlutterGuyThatFlutterGuy Posts: 19 Member
    I like it just because Tartosa is beautiful and I love some of the NPCS. I personally haven’t had any problems with it
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    I answered that I would wait for a sale but I am anything but steadfast in my convictions especially when it comes to spending money on myself. All the same, I am not much interested in weddings. My sims get married wherever they happen to be and if it is next to the toilet and they are in their underwear, then so be it. Nothing glamorous in my game. Still, I like the idea of a new world and Tartosa looks lovely. I will mull it over a bit longer and see.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I am undecided
    I am now planning on buying it after the patches drop.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I hope they do something about the constant rain too. And the officiate.

I am going to wait and see if their fixes actually fix it before buying, but thank goodness they have finally let us know they are working on it.
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2022
    I stopped buying packs on release since Bust The Dust because I was so disappointed it was broken and didn't want to be in that situation again. I wont buy a broken pack again.

The silence about the issues is unacceptable and suggests to me that these problems might not be fixed at all.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Was really excited, but I'll wait. Isn't the first pack with a hiccup, Eco Lifestyle. Or major bugs, Dine Out & Get to Work.
    Hopefully they allocate more towards QA next time
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I am undecided
    I really don't know yet. This is so far, apart from a couple of Kits, the only pack I don't have for TS4. And I'm honestly not sure if its worth it just for the world and Build/Buy/CAS. Weddings are pretty low on my interest-meter, even lower than laundry. I'll still have my couples elope on the spot (usually in the bathroom, getting ready in the morning), as I've never had a proper wedding in TS4 in the almost 5 years I've played it.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Now that they announced the patches, I'm more hopeful. But I'll still wait until after the patches are reviewed. I don't like being the guinea pig, especially with EA's history of breaking things.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes, I bought it but wished I hadn't
    I was one of the fools who ended up buying it upon release... and I regret it! I refuse to even play anything involving the pack until it's fully fixed. EA has done some shady stuff in the past with releasing unfinished content and buggy messes, but this one is on an entirely new level! They should really feel ashamed!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    Yes, I bought it as a new world is always welcome provided it does not interfere too much with the current gameplay.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited March 2022
    I am undecided
    I was going to buy it once I’m ready to have some weddings, but reading about the save error bug has me rethinking it. I’m in a good habit of using “Save As”, but I don’t know if I actually feel like spending all that time on these weddings for my save to get randomly deleted. 🤷‍♀️

ETA: I noticed that one person reporting the save error said they don’t have the pack, so I guess it’s not dependent upon that.
    Post edited by babajayne on
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I am undecided
    I'm not interested in the wedding aspect of it at all, but I do like the beach lot and some of the other BB stuff. I probably will buy it once I have a chance to go through all the pics and see what's really in it.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame