Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Have you ever wanted to spend the night in Cinderella's castle at Disney World? I have! Your sims can now do this in The Disney Magic Kingdom world. The first picture shows both the Bridge to the Castle which was built by @romagi1 and Cinderella's Castle which was a collaboration between @romagi1 and @Sandraelle. A truly magical place to stay.
    51912875975_d1b8854a84_o.jpg
    51912258606_a8d0ff5042_o.jpg

Enjoy a ride on the nearby Prince Charming Regal Carousel build by @Sandraelle
    51912356193_f6a2c2c7cf_o.jpg

Ride the 7 Dwarfs Mine Coaster and be thrilled and as you travel around and inside the mine. Built by @soocoolsim.
    51912875815_d6324d9b3b_o.jpg

I had to laugh with all the awesome places to grab a bite to eat, Shane and Gina get ice cream from the mobile truck. My sims enjoyed the rides as well as touring the castle. They hope to be one of the lucky sims to get an invite to stay in the castle someday.
    51911292012_32b38ca0c5_o.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @Turjan you have been in my thoughts too. I hope you are coping better today. It is scary even this far from the action but being so close to it would be traumatic.

As for the devastation around my place - it's not good. I was just looking at a photo of a quad bike dangling from power lines in Gympie. That's a town north of me that got flooded first.

We knew the rain was coming but didn't know it would get this bad. It was apparently a significantly bigger downpour than in recorded history in this area. We got about a year's worth of rain in 2 days. It is sub-tropical and I grew up in the tropics and that rain felt and sounded very tropical.
    The thing is in the tropics the environment is attuned to dealing with that type of flooding rain.

The Brisbane river is flooded and thousands of houses are under water and the flood will stay there for a few more days because they have to release about 100% of our biggest dam's capacity. It has to hold back the next rain bomb that is due to hit here on Thursday, later this week. The dam is big for this part of the world and we have a lot of local, smaller dams and they are all over capacity too. Anyway the big dam was built to protect the city from floods and generally it does that. But occasionally we get a big flood. It went from about 50% full to about 200% full in 2 days. They have to let a lot of water out of it before Thursday when the next rain event starts. If not a lot more places will get flooded a lot worse than is currently happening. As for me. I heeded my grandfather and father's advice. When buying a house in this country go to the highest point available. I did that. It means I'm not in an inner suburb but I am safe from floods. I'm near the top of a hill. I look down on the city. The only problem I have is finding the relentless heavy rain a bit depressing and my yard is all very muddy and squishy to walk around in. The grass is growing quite tall around the house too. And the shops are running out of food and other essentials due to roads being blocked. At least this time my son has been able to continue to go to work as the road to his work has stayed open to his workplace. It is cut a little farther on though. The rain event that did this to us has now moved south and is flooding people in the next state down. That means Sydney will cop it next and it'll continue going farther south. They have seen what it did to us and are preparing. So many houses got flooded up to the roof level and they have never flooded before so people were caught by surprise and lost everything they own.

I need exercise and there is a local man made lake that I walk around at least once a week. It's a 2.5 km walk and I'm benefiting greatly from the exercise. I've been worried about the birds on the lake. It's breeding season and there are a lot of tiny chicks there. Someone posted a photo of it during the flood and it had risen about a meter and spread out to cover the surrounding pathways. The council had reduced its level recently and they were planting new water plants around the edges of it. This has been planned for months and it's finally been happening recently. So the level was down about a meter from when it's full. Now it's overflowing. I hope most of the birds survived.

I've got big trees in my yard and as I sit at my computer I have birds flying close to my window and they call to each other all day. But it's been deathly quiet all through the rain. Then, as soon as the sun came out the birds were singing again. I'm just hoping what we've got coming on Thursday won't be so bad as what we've just been through. It is expected to last for a few more days. Right now I have sun shining on the wall in front of me. It's coming from the window behind and a crow is calling somewhere nearby.

I'm just loading up my game and am training some toddlers in Moonlight Falls. I kept them at the boarding school there. I sent the Wolff family home and moved a few young sims that were about to age up to the boarding school. Some are teens and getting their first education. Then I realised I have only teens and younger at the boarding school right now so Eric and some of the other teens are doing the toddler training. Mostly Eric is doing it so he's making lots of really good friends with the toddlers.

A few years ago I posted a series of pictures of my little girl, a werewolf toddler, living in Moonlight Falls.

This is Jane Jones-Oxley.

Her mother is a human Sim I made long before Supernatural was released. Her father is a copy of the first werewolf I ever made in the game. I accidentally added them both to the same game so I gave the second version of Phil a makeover and changed his name to Eddie.

Jane-Jones-Oxley008.jpg

Jane-Jones-Oxley007.jpg

Jane-Jones-Oxley006.jpg

EddieAndJane002.jpg

EddieAndJane001.jpg

Eddie002.jpg

Jane has a slightly older brother, Wayne. He is still a toddler too.

I've wanted to train Jane and her brother for years but have always had so many other things to do. Well, Wayne is now only about 34 days from aging up to child.

I went looking for these toddlers and happened upon the Oxley household. It turns out it was Phil Oxley's household. Phil is the original version of Eddie and I used Master Controller to make them brothers.

Phil is married to one of my first fairies. I played with Glory for a year or so. She used to be the most beautiful fairy I ever had. I've made a lot of fairies since then. I did lots of forum posts about this pair and their wedding and then they had three babies, quickly, one after the other. So I picked up their three toddlers and added them to the boarding school. All of them are little werewolves. I started training them but I wanted to go and find little Jane. And I did find her and grabbed her and Wayne and now there are 5 little werewolves in the boarding school. Eric has taught most of them to walk, talk and potty. Oscar helped a bit and so did one of the other local teens who is at the boarding school.

This is Phil Oxley, the first werewolf I made after Supernatural was released.
    PhilOxley002.jpg

Glory Flower married Phil and they have 3 toddlers. Oscar, Owen and Olive.
    Glory006.jpg

Glory001.jpg

Glory021.jpg

I plan to video some of Phil and Glory at home with their toddlers once the toddlers are trained. The reason is that while I was playing this household I was using the Carter's Display Case - XL Edition to transfigure gems to make skulls. I thought that'd be interesting to see. I can't remember how I made the skulls but I think they have a few of them I already made in their basement.

Maggie Flower is Gregg's mother. She's married to Ben Craig and they have 3 children and 2 plumbots. They were living in Moonlight Falls but I moved them to one of the new worlds I added to the game to spread sims out and make the game playable.

TT13.jpg

I'm not going to show much video of the Sims in the boarding school in Moonlight Falls as it would fill a couple of videos. I will show a bit though. I think I'm going to play a bit without adding it to the story.

I'll take Eric, Oscar and Gregg home to Moonfall Island and pick up Isabel and use her to go back to Moonlight Falls to complete my census there and maybe train a few more little sims.

Isabel-Howe.jpg
    Isabel Howe

Then I'll send her to Chocolate Cake Island as I've discovered I've left some young sims in the boarding school there because there were too many of them to move to Moonfall Island. I might take them to Moonfall Island to finish their training or I might just get Isabel to take care of them where they are and send them home. Some of them belong in Moonlight Falls which is how I discovered they were still in Chocolate Cake Island. They were listed in my spreadsheet as belonging to Moonlight Falls but they weren't with their own households. The spreadsheet revealed they were still in the boarding school. I think Mena Fields might be there too taking care of them while they are all in stasis waiting to be revived by me sending them a visitor.

Here are a few of the sims living and learning in the active boarding school. They were all picked up during my census of Moonlight Falls because they were close to aging up without ever having been to boarding school and they had few, if any skills.

Daydream Ivy is helping with toddlers as well as learning fishing and cooking and a few other skills. I'm using the Tree of Prosperity to give them random extra skills. She's mostly fishing or reading recipes or fishing bait books. I got her to do a bit in the nursery with the Oxley toddlers. All of the toddlers in the household at the moment are werewolves.
    Daydream-Ivy-And-Toddlers.jpg

Daydream-Ivy-WIth-TOddlers.jpg

Here is Eric training Jane Oxley. She's the little werewolf I mentioned above and showed pictures of her with her father during the full moon. She's been a toddler waiting for training for several real life years. She's been in the Big Game all this time but sims in inactive worlds don't age.

Eric-Training-Jane-Oxley.jpg

Jane-Learning-To-Walk.jpg

The fixe Oxley toddlers. They include Jane and her slightly older brother Wayne as well as her younger cousins Owen, Oscar and Olive.
    Oxley-Toddlers-At-School.jpg

Tawnya Wolff was a surprise find. She was close to aging up to teen when I found her in the first household I looked at after returning Erica, Wilhemina Gator and Perry Wolff to their home.

This is Tawnya playing chess with Gregg Craig. I forget Gregg is already level 10 in logic so it's a bit of a waste of time for him to be playing chess but I left them to it. He'd be better off painting at this point.
    Tawnya-Wolff-and-Gregg-Craig.jpg

Here is Tawnya and Zoe Durwood. Zoe was just 1 day from aging up to teen. She had since aged up.
    Tawnya-Wolff-And-Zoe-Durwood.jpg

I managed to get all of the children to do their blocks and cooking skills on the first day I placed them into the boarding school. Once the toddlers are all fully trained everyone is going home. In the meantime the children and teens will learn fishing, gardening and read recipes and bait books. They will not do it all but I don't have time for that and they are better trained than they would have been. I just want my little werewolves to do it all.

About Tawnya. I suspect she isn't a regular in Moonlight Falls. I found her living with her mother, Deedee Wynn. Her father had died. He was Pappy Wolff. Deedee is still mourning his passing so he must have died very recently. Zoe was at their place playing with Tawnya at the time. When I came across her household I found she had 1 day to age up so both children ended up in boarding school together.

This is what I did with Zoe after she aged up to teen. I gave her a new wardrobe and hair that covers her ears.
    Zoe-Durwood-Teen.jpg

Before moving out to their own home, Wilhemina became friends with her Hesper.

Whilimean-And-Hesper.jpg

And then Hesper became real. I took Hesper into CAS and Stylist and gave her a makeover but didn't get any pictures yet. She's on video though. I should have kept her in the boarding school and gave her some skills. I might get her back one day.

Wilhemina-And-Hesper.jpg
    I liked the hair on Hesper and didn't change that. I named her Harriet Wolff. She's not a werewolf. She's an Imaginary Friend made real.

That's it for now. I better get onto finishing off the training of those little werewolves. They have done all of their toddler skills and some have read all of their books too. Just about 3 books to be read by the remaining 3 little werewolves. I'll be interesting to get them back into a boarding school somewhere when they are children and then teens.

Happy Simming

• MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @Turjan and @Karritz thinking of you both with the challenges you are living with right now. Lots of virtual hugs from me. Stay safe the best you can, you two.

@Turjan I relate to what you say about being in your warm home and all that. Here in the States, I go from being happy about things in my life (plans with friends, Spring is coming, etc.) and then I remember a whole world away people are suffering. It's scary no matter where you live (at least I think so) and sad. When I sit and think about it, especially during my quiet time (I meditate daily) I feel so helpless.

For a few days, I didn't want to do any gaming, SIMS or otherwise. Gaming as well as just reading fiction right now, makes me force my brain not to focus on all the talk of war.

@texansky I'm thinking of trying the farming challenge again. Your story is really great.

@bekkasan @emorrill @GraceyManor @lisasc360 and @Brandontaylor and anyone else I missed. Hi. Happy Spring. I hope everyone is as well as they can be.

Happy Simming.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,346 Member

@MamaSimTee Thanks for the comments about my Farming Challenge. Most of my games are just commentary on what is actually happening in the game. This one, I decided to try to make it more of a story. I'm enjoying it so far.

Hopefully, I'll get my store content installed soon. Only 21 more items to go. Nine individual items and twelve exclusive items. I have to find the exclusive items in my purchase history as there is no link to go directly to the download.

Once I have that installed, I'm going to install the little bit of custom content that I have and see if my Farming Challenge game will load without missing content.

@bekkasan

Thank you so much for showcasing The Disney Magic Kingdom world and the many wonderful builds by our community members!

@romagi and @Sandraelle I love your collaboration on Cinderella's Castle. It's absolutely gorgeous! The Prince Charming Regal Carousel is very well done.

@soocoolsim Your 7 Dwarfs Mine Coaster is awesome.

All of you make me want to look into having this world on my computer for my little pixels to visit with their even littler pixels!
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Yay I’m glad your sims are having such fun in DMK. Love the in game pics. Thanks for sharing with everyone 😀🌸
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

@Karritz
    Thanks for the update on the flooding in your area. Like you, I am hoping the next storm isn't as bad as the last.
    I am praying for you and all those that are affected by the heavy rains.
    It's good to see updates on your boarding school. I haven't watched your latest video yet, but will as soon as I get a chance.

FINALLY I'M BACK IN BUSINESS! (I hope!) :smiley:

After installing almost all of the Store as well as the Exchange items and custom content I was using in the Farming Challenge game onto my new laptop, I brought up the game, and Loni and Fred had no errors and no missing content. It only took me 13 and a half hours of constant downloading and installing. :grimace:

These screenshots were taken on my new laptop:

Fred watering plants that actually exist now:
    c4e74b_c1791bf658364965bee84fb5e4b17286~mv2.jpg

Loni is in school, but here's a shot of Angel:
    c4e74b_225213b22ac24d5fa580e1cae445db83~mv2.jpg

I'm debating going to bed or playing for a little bit to test the game.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2022
    I haven't posted in like forever :#

I made this today here is what I seen online thought it was really cute

0cmeLQC.png

My simmy version (Model is sim I made for Emorrill Mailai) just lightened her eye color *Download link on post below*

JYkrRZr.png

Post edited by CravenLestat on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    Here is the download link for Tee above

Bonjour Tee

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9503111

It is a base game TShirt in CASt just click on the base game shirt scroll to the right it will be a preset design already on it

A really cute top for your simmy's they can wear when traveling to Champs Les Sims <3

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited March 2022
    @CravenLestat
    Love that shirt. Going to have to steal that. If it's on the Exchange. :lol:

Edit: It's there! Tried to download it and realized I can't do that while I am playing a game.

Are you still playing Sims 3 on a potato? Or have you upgraded? Be honest...
    edited March 2022
    @texansky :D Yes it's on exchange post below it I sent link

NOW YOU OWE ME A PIC OF YOUR SIM WEARING IT I volunteered you :o

And yes I play sims on two different top of the line gaming potatoes (Both of which are laptops) I always see people say you cant play on a Laptop :| yet here I am like 11 years still playing sims 3 on one with every expansion/all worlds/every store item installed and have no issues

Potatoes are where it's at

@bekkasan I see you managed to go right up to the ice CREEP truck and lived to tell about it.Rumor has it that truck stalks its victims playing it's ominous tune for weeks and then one day a sim is never to be seen again.All that is left is a popsicle stick on the ground where the person was last seen :#

Beware the Ice Cream Man for it will be the last treat you ever have

DfydFiZ.gif
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,140 Member
    @ZhakiraP Thanks for the comment. Yeah, I am sure that was enjoyable for them. ;)

@bekkasan Thanks. ;) Well, I would say things have never been bad between them... they just have a slight, kind of important, disagreement..

That is a nice picture too. What are those trees in the centre there?

@Turjan Ah, please don't feel embarrassed! These are certainly distressing and unpleasant times, but yeah.. We are safe for the time being, and once the veil gets lifted (hopefully) more and more on the population of the agressor nation, so that they can see what is actually going and not the lies their own state controlled media is telling them, I hope they will be disappointed enough with their own leadership for something to happen... could be a far reach, though, I don't know...

@Karritz I am sorry to hear that bad things happened in your place, too. I hope it will recover quickly. Of course, the weather and climate change is another threat to all of us.. -_- What a world this is...

Oh this became a dreary post.. Darn! Sorry I'm not good with words of hope and all that... :/

th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton

I played long enough to complete a new post. I've got all of the display settings set on max. I :heart: this laptop!

The Marsden Farming Challenge

Week 2: Monday

I stored the best seeds in the small chest. I'm going to take all of the other produce to the consignment store after school. I think I'll go to Aleister's Elixirs and Sudries this time. I've got some alchemy ingredients, and I bet they'll sell better there. Besides, when I was at Rags to Riches, they didn't have any produce there to sell. I think they shorted me and then sold it directly to the grocery store.
    c4e74b_ccbe23f063204b60ba19758800f741d6~mv2.jpg

I see Dad weeded the garden. I wish he would stop trying to do so much. He's going to make his condition worse.

Loni: Dad, thank you for finishing the garden.
    c4e74b_0b366de52e074770a4900a77c3e35b2f~mv2.jpg
    Dad: You're welcome. You've worked so hard to get this place cleaned up. You've done a great job on the garden so far. It was the least I could do to ease your burden.
    Loni: I've got the produce you put in the chest. I'm going to take it all to Aleister's after school. I shouldn't have to keep reminding you that the doctor wants you to take it easy.
    c4e74b_a901fda6fae44f95bdc8433f2ebe55bf~mv2.jpg

Dad: I've got something to tell you. I don't want you to think I'm crazy.
    Loni: I won't.

texansky: Fred looks around and then leans in close.
    c4e74b_6fc41ffb73914e1ca17978d69f5983f2~mv2.jpg
    Dad: A little after midnight on Thursday morning, I saw some strange lights in the sky. I went out to see what they were and I saw a spaceship above our house. Loni, I think they abducted me. A beam of light came out of the spaceship and it started pulling me up. The next thing I remember, I was standing on the side of the road and it was 3 am.
    c4e74b_c281b1f2f91b45ee9c4536d7c44150f6~mv2.jpg

Loni: Are you sure? You've been a bit absent-minded since Mom died.
    Dad: I'm sure. Ever since then I've been feeling like a new man. I haven't used my cane since. I was even able to run back to the house. And I have the energy to do things around the house that used to wear me out. Loni, I think they healed my condition.
    c4e74b_9477c026c62b46aeaf49df8cd2de9d1d~mv2.jpg

Loni: I noticed you weren't using your cane. I never would have guessed that it was because of an alien abduction.
    c4e74b_5d9ff1fcbb134847b094c3f873efa34c~mv2.jpg
    Dad: I can't believe it either. But I have felt better since then.
    Loni: I've been thinking we should go to the doctor and have you checked out. Shall I make you an appointment?
    c4e74b_20c23c8e5458468db0e2072594fc0fa5~mv2.jpg

Dad: Sure.

texansky: Loni calls the clinic and sets up an appointment.
    c4e74b_7a4decb9c2ed4c51b8a585e1aee79407~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_304b7166dcc345c58e670bdefd073dfa~mv2.jpg

Loni: She can see you on Thursday afternoon. We can still go fishing in the morning.
    Dad: That works for me. I've got nothing better to do with my time.
    Loni: I'd better run. The bus is here.
    Dad: Do your best.
    Loni: I try to. Sometimes it's been hard. I'll be home later than usual. There's a salad in the fridge.
    Dad: You better hustle. You don't want the driver to leave without you.
    c4e74b_0ab13210f95649cba4b60bd548ba1a01~mv2.jpg

I waved to Dad and ran all the way to the road. I made it just as he was starting to close the doors.
    c4e74b_5e34f0cad4114610bbe377355853d78f~mv2.jpg

texansky: At this point, I went to target Fred and his portrait has a gray background. He's nowhere in the house or on the property. The last time I saw him, he was stepping off the porch after Loni as she made her way to the bus. From what I read, I must have accidentally sent him on the free vacation. Obviously, I opened the previous save. Luckily I had just saved it before I ate lunch, and I hadn't done anything significant since then. Just a few photos to go with my story, which I will keep and pretend they happened in my current game. :wink:

texansky: I really hate waiting for the game to reload. :grimace: Here are a few photos of the house while we wait. :grin:
    Nestled in the valley surrounded by foothills. Angel is trying to catch something in front of the house.
    c4e74b_82ff8933a89442c9be988c285371f452~mv2.jpg

The big porch with the huge maple tree for shade.
    c4e74b_7ff37380d31c495abe3493cbb900cbfb~mv2.jpg

The back of the house. You can barely see Fred reading in the rocking chair on the big porch.
    c4e74b_0d50a5c955f34050aa7f59956d9085bd~mv2.jpg

texansky: Fred autonomously waters the plants every day. I'm glad he's feeling better. I wonder what the doctor will say on Thursday?
    c4e74b_0d04a497b44c4f0e9760f2347eb370d6~mv2.jpg
    Angel hissed at a raccoon today.
    c4e74b_b2773dd0953149bf977d3d3edd698b2b~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_70e3209564394041b98327c3b3c37bfa~mv2.jpg

Loni:
    Things are going well. I had finished my homework at home, so I had time to meet some new people at school. I stopped by Aleister's after school. I spent §37 on some seeds to plant in my garden and consigned our produce. For some reason, I feel like I overpaid for the seeds.

I found some beekeeping boxes out back and was able to get some honey and beeswax.
    c4e74b_d959d2922d014acba187ac6bcdfbd0a6~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_016c39b96cc04a29bee4c9d187f3e19f~mv2.jpg

I consigned that too, then headed for home.

Loni:
    I about had a heart attack! That deer came bounding through the yard and almost stomped Angel into the ground!
    c4e74b_b57a4a46437e4ca3b61b0aa19c98e1b1~mv2.jpg
    Fortunately, the scare didn't cause Angel to lose the gecko she caught. I sold it for §10. Not long after that, she brought me a light beetle.

Dad and I had a salad for dinner.
    c4e74b_7557029353eb4a8080cfbf5e8c7c5404~mv2.jpg
    Dad: I sent §115 with the bills this morning. I'm glad we always have enough to take care of them when they come due.
    Loni: So am I. I'm sorry I got a bit reckless with our simoleans.
    Dad: You're just learning how to handle money. You'll get better at it.
    I couldn't finish my salad as it had gone bad.
    c4e74b_21f16fdfe9884f09a54edbce0d333e80~mv2.jpg
    I recycled the rest from the fridge before hanging the clothes out to dry. I don't know how they will dry in the rain. But we can't afford a dryer just yet. We've got to save for some chickens and a couple of beekeeping boxes.
    c4e74b_dfa825913e9744ff9e71ed2b6dad4a8d~mv2.jpg

Angel brought me a stag beetle. I'm going to have to visit the science lab soon to donate these insects. They want some fish as well, so it will have to be after Dad's appointment on Thursday.

I already received a payment from Aleister's for 134! I installed some plant lights in the basement to help the plants grow better. They cost §180. I moved one of the sprinklers back outside for the trees and stored the other one in the small room in the basement, then set to work on the garden. I planted the seeds I had left and the ones I bought.
    c4e74b_b9b7668c249143939183df3906b24ce5~mv2.jpg

Exhausted, I fell into bed. I hadn't even had time to do my assignment.
    Final piggybank balance: §335

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    I think there's some comments I'm due to make, but before that...

Who's ready for Chapter 18 of Pelican Town to Sims Town!? :smiley: (Sorry it's taken a little while to post. Thank you for your patience. :kissing_heart: )

Here's the first scene for y'all while I prepare the next part. Enjoy. <3

Pelican Town to Sims Town

Chapter 18

The time came for Leah to tell Elliott the big news.

She had planned to tell him right away, but after chatting with Harvey and Penny she went home and took a much needed nap. Her body - and mind - still needed time to relax and process everything before the big reveal. She didn’t want to be an emotional mess; she wanted it to be a moment of joy and excitement. A moment she and Elliott would never forget.

It was around 5pm when she was awoken by the tender kisses of her love on her forehead and cheek.
    “Hi,” Elliott greeted in a light, romantic tone as her eyes opened and met with his handsome smile.
    “Hi,” she repeated in a like manner, stretching her arms.
    “You're sleeping late.”
    “Yeah…I was tired.”
    He nodded. “I have a surprise for you…”
    “Oh?” she curiously asked, propping herself up onto her elbow. Funny, I could say the same to you…
    “Come,” he beckoned, taking her hands and gently lifting her up onto her feet, “into the sunroom.”

Leah cheeky grinned as he pulled her arm forward in anticipation.

When they entered the sunroom Elliott brought Leah before his tall, shining, clay masterpiece; all finished. Leah gazed at it with awe.

“I finally finished it,” he informed her with pride. “It sure was a challenge, but I’m proud of how it turned out. Heck,” he half chuckled, “I almost can’t believe I’m the one who made it!”
    Leah released a little chuckle of her own.

51913877983_bd5b9ceb56_c.jpg

“I know he’s not the handsomest chap, but,” he shyly glanced over at her, “what do you think of it?”

Turning toward him, with a smile as proud as any teacher would be with their student in this case, she replied, “I think it’s perfect.”
    “Really?” he asked, inching closer to her.
    “Really. You did an amazing job for it being your first time working with clay. I'm very proud.”
    “Thank you,” he expressed, giving her that same handsome smile he wore before and kissed her. “I made it just for you.”
    “Aww…I love it. It is a wonderful surprise.”
    “You’re welcome my love.”

It was time.

“So,” Leah began, lowering her head while taking his hands in hers, “speaking of surprises,” she looked up again, trying not to grin too brightly yet, “I have one for you too.”
    “Is that right?” he playfully asked with an arched eyebrow.
    “Yeah…a pretty big one.”

51914100004_158f65f5cb_c.jpg

His eyes widened. “Well now my curiosity is immensely piqued! What is it?”

“Okay,” Leah breathily released, stepping back a little to gain her bearings. Her heart fluttered nervously. She really wanted the reveal to come out just right - perfectly - but as much as she rehearsed it all in her mind, she had a feeling that ultimately, in the moment, it wouldn’t. Just roll with it, she encouraged herself.
    “So remember the other night when I asked you if it looked like I’d gained weight, to which you were totally sweet and said otherwise, but…we both know I have…?”

51913780966_8b17c44b9d_c.jpg

Elliott lightly shrugged with a look on his face as if to say, Okay, you’re right.

“Well,” she drew in a breath again to calm her racing heart, hoping to provide a pathway for the excitement to come through, “for the first time in my life I’ve never been so happy about the fact that I’ve gained weight.” She chuckled. The pathway must’ve been clearer than she thought, because joyful tears took a nice seat upon her eyelids.

Elliott noticed the incoming tears and, along with what she said, gave her a questionable look.

“I went to go see Harvey this afternoon, like you suggested. And after doing a blood test we found out that…,” she paused for a somewhat dramatic effect, “...I’m pregnant.” Her mouth naturally formed into a bright grin.

For a second, the man froze, wondering if he heard that correctly. “Wait…what was that again?” came the blinking response.

Leah’s heart skidded to a halt. “I’m pregnant,” she repeated, praying he was happy about it. She needed him to be.

In that moment Elliott’s eyes bugged out with explosive excitement. “Really!?” he asked in a high pitched voice.

51912818967_307b13c99a_c.jpg

“Yes!” Leah replied, expelling a quiet a breath of relief.
    “There’s a baby in there?” He pointed at her belly.
    “Yes,” she giggled. “A three and a half month old baby actually…”
    “What!? No way! Wow...” He ran his fingers through his hair in euphoric disbelief. He couldn’t believe it. “So…I’m a dad!? I’ve been a dad!?”

51913781351_598fbe3193_c.jpg

Leah rapidly nodded, her cheeks aching from all the smiling, but she loved it. She loved everything about this moment.

“Oh Leah,” Elliott cried, throwing his lips upon hers with such passion and exuberant joy.

51913781526_1d34c18bf8_c.jpg

“Oh how I love you,” he whispered in between kisses, and just as Leah was about to say the same he swiftly picked her up.
    “Oh! Elliott!”

51914101019_6b48f1f6ac_c.jpg

The two giggled as he happily twirled her around and around…

51914101199_926b1d7a43_c.jpg

…and gently set her back down on her feet. “Oh, sorry…,” he expressed, placing his hand on her belly. “I hope that didn’t hurt the baby…”
    “No,” she chuckled. “The baby is well protected. You’re so cute!”
    “I wonder if it’s a boy or a girl,” he asked while gently and lovingly caressing the little bump.

51913782086_0c2c7e8b50_c.jpg

“Unfortunately we don’t have the technology here to reveal that,” Leah responded with a sigh. She always wanted to find out the sex before the birth. “But...I think it’ll be exciting to be surprised.”
    “Definitely! I’ll be happy either way.”
    Leah was glad to hear it, even though she expected as much.
    “So,” he paused, looking up at her, “what else did Doc Harvey say? You're alright? The baby is okay?”
    “Yeah. Everything’s okay.”
    “Good. I’m glad,” he smiled.

51912820117_911019e068_c.jpg

Leah hated that her fears and concerns returned after saying that. She’d been trying to hold them back so as not to ruin the beautiful moment, especially when Elliott enveloped her so amorously in his arms again. “Oh Leah my love, you’ve made me the happiest man in the world again tonight,” he expressed while gazing deeply into her eyes. “Our dreams are coming true and it’s so wonderful!” He pulled her in for another deep and affectionate kiss.

51914101829_fe2f3c5a87_c.jpg

But the kiss was short-lived as Leah’s lips began to quiver, the tears escaping her eyes. She lowered her face from Elliott’s in shame.

His heart could feel her ache and naturally ached along with it. “What’s wrong?” he asked; confused.

She shook her head before meeting his gaze. “This isn’t where I want us to live out our dreams. I want it to be at home. In Pelican Town.”

51912820557_0517a991bd_c.jpg

“I know…” He stroked her cheek. “I want that too. You know we won’t be here forever.”
    “No, but it sure feels like it's been forever. And now I’m pregnant and if I’m being perfectly honest babe…I don’t want to be pregnant in this world!” Elliott attempted to hush her distress, but she continued on. “I always had the perfect plan laid out for my very first pregnancy. I was gonna find the best midwife in Zuzu City and have a beautiful home birth, with no involvement from the inexperienced, small town Doctor. Well now,” she lightly pouted, “Harvey is involved!”
    Elliott didn’t mean to chuckle at her expression of woe.
    “I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love Harvey,” she held her hand to her heart for emphasis. “He’s wonderful, he truly is. And a better doctor than I ever realized.” Saying that toned down the awkward feelings she still felt from the uncomfortable exam. “I’m so thankful he’s here to help, and he provided me with so much comfort today, it’s just,” she threw her face into her hands, “this isn’t how I planned it!”
    “I know babe,” Elliott sympathized, holding her tightly. “But think about it this way, we’ve been here for so long that the quest has got to be nearing completion so…you may still have that beautiful home birth you want.”

51914102164_31d3dd8c76_c.jpg

It was sweet of him to say. “Maybe,” she acknowledged with a glimmer of hope in her heart. “But there’s also the possibility that I might not…so that's why I need to get with Abby and have her let her dad know that there’s a 13th person in the quest picture now because,” she emotionally swallowed, “I will not have us teleporting out of here without our baby!”
    “Shhh,” Elliott tenderly hushed, rubbing his hand up and down her back. “Don’t worry, that’s not going to happen. It’s going to be okay.”

51913880538_75aba4eb23_c.jpg

Leah pulled away from the embrace and frankly asked him, “How can you be so sure of that? There's WAY too many unknowns about this quest!”
    “Well…," he paused, "for starters you already came up with a great plan on how to remedy your fear. You should pat yourself on the back for that.”
    Feeling a twinge of guilt, she nodded.
    “And also, I think the Wizard knows more than we realize. He’s kinda like our…God…during this quest.”
    Leah couldn’t help cracking a smile at that; it was kind of true.
    “Man, how almighty must he feel…,” Elliott mused, gazing off to the side.
    “Okay focus here please…”
    “Sorry.” He grinned.
    “So…,” she gazed intently at him, her arms resting on his shoulders, “you’re not scared about losing our baby?”
    “No,” he firmly assured. “Between your plan and Harvey’s care, I have a strong feeling that everything is going to be alright with you and the baby. You really have nothing to fear my love. All will be well. I know it.”

Relief and comfort swelled within Leah’s heart at his words, radiating upwards toward her lips and forming them into a smile. It was everything she needed to hear, from the person that mattered the most. “Well then, I trust in your confidence my love. It's funny how you’ve always known just what to say to make me feel better. I love you so much. You’re going to make a great daddy.”
    “And you’re going to make an equally great mommy.”
    She blushed. It was her greatest hope.

51912821342_54ddd80232_c.jpg

“So do you think it’s true what they say? That babies can hear us talking from the womb?” Elliott asked, leaning towards her belly and holding a hand up to his ear.
    “I think so.”

51912821532_0bab4c713d_c.jpg

He then crouched a bit and pressed his ear on the baby bump. “Maybe I can hear the baby moving…or feel it.”
    Leah giggled. “I don’t think they’re quite big enough for that yet.”

51914103204_fcaa8c05ea_c.jpg

“Really? Even at three and a half months?”
    “Yep. Harvey said our baby is only about the size of a peach right now.”
    “Oh how CUTE!” Elliott exclaimed, standing up straighter and waving at her belly. “Hey there itty-bitty little baby. It’s daddy. Do you recognize my voice?”

51913784031_3b2702a1af_c.jpg

Soon he was playing peek-a-boo with their little baby within her womb and all Leah could do was laugh. It was the most adorable thing she’d ever seen Elliott do and she loved him all the more for it.

51912818342_76e8d5af7d_c.jpg

Peace and comfort resided in her now. All she had to do next was talk to Abigail and trust in the Wizard - and God - from there.

<3 👶 <3

To be continued...

:blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member

@bekkasan,
    @lisasc360 I enjoyed the story, glad to see her go home!
    Thank you... :)

@MamaSimTee, Happy Spring to you as well... :)

@CravenLestat, love the new shirt design. I went and downloaded it and will share pictures of your shirt on my sim once I'm in the game... :)

@CravenLestat
    I would have Loni wear the Bonjour T-shirt but it's not showing in Stylist. I selected custom content only and I don't see either the shirt or the pattern. I'll have to investigate. Of course, Loni is a teen, so maybe it's only made for young adults and adults? Or maybe I'm installing it wrong? I downloaded it and let the Launcher do its thing.

She won't be an adult for five more Sim days. If I can figure it out, she can wear it on her birthday.

I've got another day ready for your reading pleasure.

The Marsden Farming Challenge

Week 2: Tuesday

I got up early and barely had time to finish my homework before the bus came.

During my last class, I was called to the principal's office. He told me there was an emergency and I was to go straight home. I rushed out of school and went home. I wished the bus would go faster. I ran all the way to the house.
    c4e74b_592e347294e642c09e0e625442f1021f~mv2.jpg
    Loni: Dad! What happened?
    c4e74b_d15766c38b7348f0aa0f6624509ed437~mv2.jpg
    Dad: I woke up this morning and smelled smoke. When I came downstairs, the stove was on fire. I grabbed the extinguisher and managed to put it out, but the stove and part of the floor were charred.
    c4e74b_077eb0a075d742ea984c59cce86cc0c1~mv2.jpg
    Loni: Why didn't you call the fire department? You could have been killed!
    c4e74b_d704a614c52b437b883e5323f1329008~mv2.jpg
    Dad: There wasn't time. The fire had already begun to spread. You've worked so hard fixing this place up, I didn't want it to burn to the ground. I'm sorry about the stove.
    Loni: I'm so glad you're safe! We'll be eating sandwiches and salad until we can afford to replace the stove.

The estimated damages to the house were §164, but we only got §123 from the insurance company. We took a loss of §41 and still needed to buy a new stove. We needed §400 just to replace the stove with the same crappy one we had. The one I wanted to upgrade to costs §650. We only have §294 in the piggy bank.

On a lighter note, Angel brought me two more stag beetles and a honeypot ant. Given the circumstances, I thought it best that I not wait until Thursday to donate the bugs. Dad and I headed over there right away. I donated three stag beetles, a honeypot ant, a light beetle, and a water beetle. They paid me §650 for the bugs! Exactly what I needed to buy the new stove.
    c4e74b_71f65f1b65d84cc5a44a0f3bcfd702f3~mv2.jpg
    We saw this beauty outside the science lab.
    c4e74b_583839817f044886ac41901008b0b24c~mv2.jpg
    We went to the appliance store and arranged for the stove I wanted to be delivered right away. I also bought a fire alarm. Total spent: §750. They just had time to install it tonight. We headed home to await its arrival. When I got home, I checked the mail, and Aleister's had sent §866 for the sale of some of my consigned items.

While we waited, I installed the fire alarm I picked up at the appliance store.

The junkyard picked up the ruined stove, the crappy chair, the scratching post, and the cat bed. They paid me §200 for all of it.

Here's our new stove:
    c4e74b_a9d523956e6e436a8770955664afdcb7~mv2.jpg

Because Angel had provided enough to replace the stove with a better one, she deserved a Cat Condo. I ordered one from PetSims for §575. After rearranging the furniture, I was able to place it in front of the window.
    c4e74b_637bc9625921454faa6256f950c70d54~mv2.jpg

Total funds in the piggy bank: §685
    edited March 2022
    @CravenLestat, okay, here is my picture of my simself with your shirt design on it... :) So what do you think about my sim wearing your shirt?
    7nrQuu0l.jpg
    helQNagl.jpg

One final post and then I'm off to work. Enjoy!

Week 2: Wednesday

Dad and I had pancakes for breakfast. When I got home from school, Dad and I tackled the garden. We headed for bed early so we could spend the morning fishing.
    c4e74b_616e216aeb52499387556b1367292c2c~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_edf6510f45584518b38826174ed2581e~mv2.jpg

texansky: I only took pictures of her making breakfast. I was fast-forwarding through the gardening and forgot to get any other pictures of the day. They received §312 for their consigned items.

Piggybank balance: §997.

Week 2: Thursday

Dad and I headed to Adventure Landing to fish. When I tried to cast in the water, I slipped and fell on my 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I was so embarrassed.
    c4e74b_e0bfcf1ac50640348d4ea5345ded35be~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_ba4c562778ce40d081a6f7e63007aadd~mv2.jpg

I took Dad to the hospital for his appointment.
    c4e74b_1cf9dc03b2964e42b7b107e434f7bb74~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_38957f425bee4d08b1141b62ac22eb17~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_686865edf01d4958a8fd82b2ec4690b9~mv2.jpg

The doctor examined him and ran a battery of tests.

Doctor Nellie: Let's go to my office while we wait for the test results, I'd like to talk with you both.
    Dad: All right.

I nodded. Dad, Dr. Nellie, and I sat in the chairs in the office. I folded my hands in my lap and glanced between Dad and the doctor.

Doctor Nellie: I want to start by saying that you are looking much better than the last time I saw you.
    Dad: I feel a lot better.
    Loni: He's been doing more around the house lately. I tried to keep him from overdoing it, but he insists he feels fine.

Doctor Nellie: What kind of things have you been doing, Mr. Marsden?
    Dad: At first it was small things. One day, I washed a counter in the kitchen, then another day I washed the dishes. I've tried to do something each day. I've been watering the plants every morning. Loni works so hard and I've seen her struggling with her assignments. Many days, she's had to finish them at school. I just wanted to help.

Doctor Nellie: I noticed you weren't using your cane today. How long have you been walking without it?
    Dad: I stopped using it this summer, so it's been a while.
    Doctor Nellie: And you're not getting tired as much?
    Dad: I haven't gotten tired from doing things since summer. I still like to sit on the porch in the rocking chair, but I don't need to rest any longer.

I didn't have much to add, so I listened to Dad and Doctor Nellie chat about how he's been feeling, about his appetite, and his sleep patterns. I glanced up as an intern knocked on the open door, some paperwork in his hands.

Intern: I have Mr. Marsden's test results.
    Doctor Nellie: Thank you, Jesse.
    The intern handed her the papers and left the room, closing the door behind him.
    Dad and I waited impatiently as Doctor Nellie looked over the results.

Doctor Nellie: These test results show that your condition has vanished. I can't explain it.
    Surprised, I glanced at Dad. I thought back to the morning he told me his secret. I wondered if he would mention it to Doctor Nellie. He met my gaze and shook his head slightly. The doctor didn't notice.

Doctor Nellie: All of your results are in the normal range. I don't know what happened, but I'm giving you a clean bill of health, with a warning to ease back into things. You've been ill for a long while. It will take time to recover from that. Only do what you can tolerate.
    Dad nodded.
    Dad: I will Dr. Nellie.

Dad stood up and shook her hand. I looked between Dad and the doctor, tears in my eyes. I didn't realize how much the news would affect me. I didn't know what to say, so I remained silent.

Dad: Thank you.
    Doctor Nellie: I'd like to see you again in six months to see how you are doing. Make an appointment if you feel you need to see me earlier.
    Dad: I'll make an appointment for spring on my way out. Thanks again.

I stood up and followed Dad out of the office. After he made his appointment, we went outside.

Loni: I can't believe what the doctor said. According to the test results you're cured.
    Dad: I am. I knew that this summer.
    c4e74b_2c9ec7f093ef449daa3bc9b4bc7c6269~mv2.jpg

I hugged Dad tightly.
    c4e74b_e5602337a6a6427b85814ddbbd916a87~mv2.jpg

Loni: Let's go home.
    Dad: I'd rather go fishing some more.

texansky: Fred, and Loni's benefactor, Tate Curley, was outside the hospital while they were inside with the doctor. He was gone by the time they had finished, so they didn't get a chance to thank him and tell him how things were going.
    c4e74b_d074c29e77ba450a9f17ecd848a1abb4~mv2.jpg

We went back to Adventure Landing and fished until dusk. We weren't having any luck, so when it got too cold, we headed for home.
    c4e74b_62690e41f7024c48b58f6019caf8f694~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_8bcd547cf12c45e98fb6b745f2b9595b~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_dda2ec71f92f4a05987437195c610644~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_c076f96fe4b0407a8875034572114991~mv2.jpg

We received §43 between the sale of produce and delivering fish to the science lab.

I had purchased another fire alarm to put above the fireplace for §100. I wasn't taking any more chances.
    I lit the fireplace and we sat in front of it to warm up. Angel brought me a plasma bug. I'd heard these were worth a bit of money.
    c4e74b_f38f2ed283a64fa9ac604f079516ac22~mv2.jpg
    Loni: I think I should donate this bug as soon as possible. I'll be home from school late tomorrow.
    Dad: Let's head for bed. It's late.
    Loni: Okay. Let me put out the fire.
    c4e74b_da63be9e5dcc447b91c14135acc114d4~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_c7b10b1e2faf4a49b21c44f1bdda00bd~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_f691c0f3277445c8b520e7b25546a755~mv2.jpg

I filled the cat bowl for §10 before heading up for bed.

Family piggy bank: §930
    @lisasc360 :o

PFXosOB.gif

@texansky Lisasc360 beat you to it she took your modeling contact now pack up your runway shoes clean out your desk your sim will never work in this industry again :D

:D

DfydFiZ.gif
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    Decided I'd try and get some commenting done tonight, though I doubt I'll play any until my days off next week. I have just been a bit busier this week as my hours increased for some reason. They fall a bit after this week so I'll have more time. However, the weather is getting better in Illinois so I'll probably start spending some time outside on nice days. That's pretty much it for what I've been up to so here are some replies to comments and stories.

@lisasc360 You're welcome.
    Great update!

@GraceyManor Glad to see Jacob is doing better.
    Good idea, that helps the family out. However, don't do what @Nikkei_Simmer does with his dogs, lol. He makes his search for gems til they drop. :lol:
    Whoops, that didn't work out so well.
    Great update!

@texansky That'll help out with the watering.
    I hope things get better for them.
    Seems things are slightly improving.
    Selling flowers always helps out with money.
    Great update!
    You're welcome.
    Thank you, I'm glad you like them.
    Yeah, I got them to do a lot on that trip.
    Yep, I love when Sims do that.
    Thank you!
    No, but she does have a few Elvis things on her walls.
    I try to at least grant some wishes for them. I like getting them all a few rewards.
    Yep, they can. Luckily, they are getting pretty skilled now.
    Usually I don't use the chess table a whole lot.
    They watch the cooking channel. :wink:
    Things are looking up.
    Hope he didn't get pregnant, lol
    Great update!

@Sprottenham You're welcome.
    Yes, the poses are a little funny for selfies.
    Sometimes she does, but there are some phone calls that Lily does like.
    Yeah, Emily Jones was the one who started the family. She married Christopher Steel so he is the father of the family.
    It seems that way. It's actually just how he acts to certain people but it seems like he doesn't like those supernaturals.
    Yeah, she did. After I kicked her out, I later got a notification that Rose and Pierre got married.
    It is. I didn't want to totally alter her but just a tad.
    I noticed that, she seems like she's thanking me for the good life they live or something.
    Yep, never will they divide by 0 again.

@bekkasan You're welcome.
    I love all 4 of the girls too.
    So far they are doing good. However, I think I need a place they can actually make money at. They make tips, but it's not counting for Lily's career.
    Thank you! Now I'm just waiting for the twins to be close to age up before Lily and Brandon have kids.

@Silverofdreams30 Nice job on the Sims!

@Turjan Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

@ZhakiraP Nice picture!
    The Schticks looks nice.

***Might do more comments a bit later, not sure yet. And I also might have an update or two if I still have one to post from the last time I play.
    @lisasc360 :o

PFXosOB.gif

@texansky Lisasc360 beat you to it she took your modeling contact now pack up your runway shoes clean out your desk your sim will never work in this industry again :D

:D

Thank you @CravenLestat... 😘😘
    I made this earlier a quick lil step by step till the finished product :p

IcbqxXO.png

gN8YDCw.png

LlJQbPH.png

Deciding how to line up the images can be challenging cause you want a nice seamless look on your outfit

5g9tPkT.png

Design complete

HjEVNCs.png

Ready to see the finished product

:o

<3

uts5tvV.png

DfydFiZ.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji