Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official My Wedding Stories Non-Buyers Survey Released

simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
edited March 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
The Sims team has released an official survey for non-buyers of My Wedding Stories. The link to provide feedback is below. There is a free response section at the end.
https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6629187/NON-BUYERS-survey-GP11
He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
Post edited by simmerorigin on

Comments

• Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited March 2022
    Thanks for the link! I'm not used to being a 'non-buyer' but here I am for this pack. :tongue:
    I'm glad to be able to share my opinion on this.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    is there separate buyers survey around? didn't realize it was non buyers before i finished :sweat_smile:

well i guess i may as well be nonbuyer cause the pack doesn't work so can't play it anyway :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I am a "buyer" but I took the survey anyways because I got it gifted and if I didn't get it gifted I probably would have waited till bugs were fixed
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I took the survey, I am normally a first day buyer, but with the games bugs I have decided to wait this time.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I like how they give us room to explain why we didn't buy the pack, instead of just shunting us off. But my favorite side-effect of this, is that I can force the people reviewing the surveys to read my demands for dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I like how they give us room to explain why we didn't buy the pack, instead of just shunting us off. But my favorite side-effect of this, is that I can force the people reviewing the surveys to read my demands for dragons.

"couldn't slow dance with dragon. very disappointed. will not buy."
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    Completed the survey and I emphasized how in the official live stream there were many bugs so how could they expect me to purchase when their own gurus can't get it to work. Hopefully this isn't just damage control and a way to make people simmer down and they actually look at the feedback.
  • MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    Just completed this survey. I can't believe how broken this pack is and then I saw a streamer who normally plays Genshin play this pack. I enjoyed him playing the game but since the video was sponsored by EA, It left a worse taste in my mouth about this pack.
    Gordy wrote: »

I mostly just said they should push back releases if a pack is not ready
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I've already bought the pack but I gave my opinion on it. I mentioned they should fix the bugs,make the spousal kiss available at all times and give us a Dating Expansion with online dating, attraction and tons of new romantic interactions.
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Thank you for sharing--I'm a non purchaser, so I filled this out. The only other pieces of DLC I don't own are Batuu and My First Pet, and I was ready to buy this but I held off after the reviews. Now I am waiting not just until the bugs are fixed but until they make some kind of statement. Silence is kinda defeaning.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm a non-purchaser, so I'll definitely be filling this out and giving them an earful. Thankss!!
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I haven't purchased the pack yet, so I filled it out. I wanted them to know that I really wanted this pack, but that I am waiting for bug fixes first.
  • AMHB1974AMHB1974 Posts: 23 Member
    It would have been nice to have feedback for the ones who have purchased the game pack. That would be more beneficial considering we are the ones struggling to play it. Not everyone watched the live stream nor watched every single game-changer.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    AMHB1974 wrote: »
    It would have been nice to have feedback for the ones who have purchased the game pack. That would be more beneficial considering we are the ones struggling to play it. Not everyone watched the live stream nor watched every single game-changer.

They want money, we already gave them ours, so they don't care much about what we have to say about the pack, apparently. It's basically a survey asking "How can we get your money" ... kind of adds insult to injury to do that survey while still not having given those of us who already purchased any kind of apology or statement.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

They want money, we already gave them ours, so they don't care much about what we have to say about the pack, apparently. It's basically a survey asking "How can we get your money" ... kind of adds insult to injury to do that survey while still not having given those of us who already purchased any kind of apology or statement.

Yeah, it's clear sales bombed for this pack because they're doing this post mortem survey on why people aren't buying. A lot of people are saying it's offensive, and I get that, but the Sims Team isn't blind. They are well aware of all the content on Twitter and YouTube about how buggy the pack is. The purpose of this survey is to get quantitative data to make a business case for, I assume, allocating engineer resources ($$$) towards fixing the bugs. Unfortunately, EA isn't going to fix it just because. They need to quantify the percentage of people who answer "I'm not buying this game pack until the bugs are fixed" TIMES the total amount of lost revenue to estimate the size of the prize for spending money fixing this.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member

Yeah, it's clear sales bombed for this pack because they're doing this post mortem survey on why people aren't buying. A lot of people are saying it's offensive, and I get that, but the Sims Team isn't blind. They are well aware of all the content on Twitter and YouTube about how buggy the pack is. The purpose of this survey is to get quantitative data to make a business case for, I assume, allocating engineer resources ($$$) towards fixing the bugs. Unfortunately, EA isn't going to fix it just because. They need to quantify the percentage of people who answer "I'm not buying this game pack until the bugs are fixed" TIMES the total amount of lost revenue to estimate the size of the prize for spending money fixing this.

Yesss! They seem to be trying anything to get those sells up including sponsoring none sim players to play and review the pack . I definitely filled out the survey and I won’t be buying the pack until it’s fixed .. it’s crazy that they still are keeping quiet instead of apologizing for this major screwup.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    I didn't buy the pack. I completed the survey and told them that I had no intention of buying this pack until it was completely overhauled and worked as advertised. I also told them that this pack has soured me on future purchases as well.

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    They need to quantify the percentage of people who answer "I'm not buying this game pack until the bugs are fixed" TIMES the total amount of lost revenue to estimate the size of the prize for spending money fixing this.

Which is why I said it adds insult to injury. It is a clear message that they don't care about the people who have already bought the pack, because if they did, fixing it for those people would be justification enough.

By "they" I mean higher level management, not the folks who actually worked on the pack. I have no doubt that most, if not all of them, as well as the greater portion of the Sims Team wanted to delay release to get it in better shape in the first place.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I filled this out as I have not bought this pack yet. I told them that if the bugs were fixed and overhauled (as I have seen on YouTube and other places), I may consider getting this pack.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited March 2022
    I tried to fill out the survey, but the webpage glitched out on me and it wouldn't let me finish, so they only received half my answers.

Oh well, here's my feedback just in case anyone from EA ever actually reads it: I didn't buy the wedding pack because of the reported bugs, but I originally wanted to buy it. Now, because they responded with silence, I'm not so sure I will.

Thank you for posting it here @simmerorigin
    They need to quantify the percentage of people who answer "I'm not buying this game pack until the bugs are fixed" TIMES the total amount of lost revenue to estimate the size of the prize for spending money fixing this.

Which is why I said it adds insult to injury. It is a clear message that they don't care about the people who have already bought the pack, because if they did, fixing it for those people would be justification enough.

By "they" I mean higher level management, not the folks who actually worked on the pack. I have no doubt that most, if not all of them, as well as the greater portion of the Sims Team wanted to delay release to get it in better shape in the first place.

Yeah unfortunately that's the only way they can get the higher ups to give them more resources. By showing them how they can make more money with said resources. Ultimately EA, the company, only cares about sales so it's true that they don't really care about ppl that already bought the pack because I mean we already gave them our money. I'm sure there is many people that bought it without reading reviews because they expected it to work and idk if those ppl were able to get refunds then that would give EA more inventive to care about ppl who already bought the pack.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    They need to quantify the percentage of people who answer "I'm not buying this game pack until the bugs are fixed"
    I am one of those people and I filled out the survey! Thanks for posting

gen3-banner.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I filled it out even if I already bought it. But I got the survey in Dutch so I hope my comments will be presented to the gurus.
    my main concern : fix bug before release and add more gameplay to packs.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member

I suspect that they are trying to determine whether it’s better to fix it or give refunds.