Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Did You Know Thread

Comments

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Since there is talk of pets, I think they're supposed to be slow dance options, but of the many times I try, the animation only started once (and they weren't lined up), stopped almost immediately, and I have not been able to do it again. If it was even the right one.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    There were actually plans to allow cats and dogs as ring and flower bearers.

Hints/Leftovers of these plans can be found in the tuning files:
    wedding_Immediate_Aisle_DogCheck_SendFlowerDown
    wedding_Immediate_Aisle_DogCheck_SendFlowerUp

These two aren't so much in the face but both interactions have been specifically set to allow for cats and dogs to do them:
    wedding_Aisle_WalkDown_Ring
    wedding_Aisle_WalkDown_Flower

I'm very sad this idea was abandoned later.
    This is a shame pets were left out. 😢
    It’s a great idea and would make for more unique wedding parties.

They can still be sent up the Aisle though.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited February 2022

These two aren't so much in the face but both interactions have been specifically set to allow for cats and dogs to do them:

Butter isn't happy about this new revelation because he was ready.
    Butter_Wedding_Photo.jpg

I'd rather have pets walking down the aisle instead of having the Officiant which is clearly broken.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »

Butter isn't happy about this new revelation because he was ready.
    Butter_Wedding_Photo.jpg

I'd rather have pets walking down the aisle instead of having the Officiant which is clearly broken.

They can walk down the aisle. They just can't be pal bearers or flower pets. You can still send them up the aisle though.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited February 2022
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    You can put the city hall via debug on any lot. I put one in San Myshuno with a flower shop & bridal store. Only thing I can't find to add is the cake testing shoppe but can always add a bakery to lot as well. Tested and they all work as intended.

I was planning on doing the same, I want a city hall in windenburg for my sims to get married there. It feels more realistic than eloping at home. Thanks for confirming it is possible
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    You are welcome @Atreya33 thats how I felt as well. I used the residential lot and changed it to generic and everything worked as it should.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Sims will get a negative sentiment when getting kicked out of a wedding party. Guess they take it personally. :V
    5vJrxmT.png
  • cutecabaretcutecabaret Posts: 56 Member
    > @Stormkeep said:
    > @AquaGamer1212 The game won't let you schedule two "wedding events" on the same day, ahead of time. It blocks you from scheduling it in the UI when you try. That said, you can do it if you just schedule one, and then when that one is over on the actual day, use the phone to start the next one. I had a vow renewal at noon and a reception follow it as soon as it was over doing it that way.
    >
    > Another advantage of doing that is you don't end up with 'idle time' between events, you can go straight to whatever next event you want as soon as you are done with another one. The game gives you like 6 hours for the ceremony, for example, but imo that's way more time than you need, so as soon as you are done with the ceremony you can cancel out of it to complete it early and then start the reception.
    >
    > You can have as many of the events as you want in one day doing it that way, you just can't 'schedule' more than one in advance.

Are wedding ceremonies 6 hours? When I had one, it went on for 24 hours. Granted, that was with Carl's fixes.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Are wedding ceremonies 6 hours? When I had one, it went on for 24 hours. Granted, that was with Carl's fixes.

Honestly, I've no idea. I have seen others say that so just assumed it was accurate. I always end events early, as soon as everything is completed. I can't recall the last time I had an event in my game, of any type, which I let go on as long as the game would have had it go.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    edited March 2022
    Did you know...
    - the new tea sets are functional off the grid. The BB description does not mention off the grid functionality so it is easy to miss. But they do work. :):):)
    - once you have poored the tea you get different options on the tea pot and the actual cups. Clicking on the tea pot allows you to serve tea to someone which gives both Sims a +1 happy moodlet (one hour if I remember correctly). If you click on the cups themselves and order your sims to drink you get a different moodlet : 4 hours +2 of the emotion tied to the tea blend you chose. The dragon tea makes your sim focused.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited March 2022
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Did you know...
    - the new tea sets are functional off the grid. The BB description does not mention off the grid functionality so it is easy to miss. But they do work. :):):)

Yay! Thanks for clarifying! This makes me so happy.... no need for me to have to make the corrective changes in Sims4Studio when I buy the pack. Sweet! Now my off-grid simmies get to enjoy a spot of tea. :smiley:

I really with they would properly clarify and categorize these things in the BB descriptions/catalogue so there's less confusion in the game with regards to what works off-grid and what doesn't.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
    I really with they would properly clarify and categorize these things in the BB descriptions/catalogue so there's less confusion in the game with regards to what works off-grid and what doesn't.

To be fair, they did put them specifically in the category for "Off-The-Grid" in the categorized BB catalog. The only thing missing is an indication of "Off-the-Grid" on their tooltip.

I couldn't even find the tea sets in the catalog other than the OtG category when I first got the pack. (They are also under Activities and Skills->Miscellaneous, which is not somewhere I thought to look).
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    If you have games in more than one file, you might find that you have a different wedding venue in each. I have La Coppia Serena in one file, and the Glass House (can't remember the exact name) in another.
    Stormkeep wrote: »

To be fair, they did put them specifically in the category for "Off-The-Grid" in the categorized BB catalog. The only thing missing is an indication of "Off-the-Grid" on their tooltip.

I couldn't even find the tea sets in the catalog other than the OtG category when I first got the pack. (They are also under Activities and Skills->Miscellaneous, which is not somewhere I thought to look).

I didn't check the off the grid section since installing the pack. I rarely use that section. I mostly use the regular categories and look at the description of the items. But good to know the tea sets show up there.
    edited March 2022
    Was playing around and did the tea ceremony which actually functions as it should? Though it's only in serving it to ones parents.

When you do you end up getting a red envelope with money in it from them. Didn't think they'd take the extra steps in doing that it's a really nice touch the sim kneeled and served tea to the their parent too. It's only during the wedding events though. Did this one in a rehearsal just to test it out.
    mMqpKBK.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Was playing around and did the tea ceremony which actually functions as it should? Though it's only in serving it to ones parents.

When you do you end up getting a red envelope with money in it from them. Didn't think they'd take the extra steps in doing that it's a really nice touch the sim kneeled and served tea to the their parent too. It's only during the wedding events though. Did this one in a rehearsal just to test it out.
    mMqpKBK.png

Why is the sim kneeling? Did she take the tea from a low table o something? It looks weird if they kneel just to serve tea and the other sim is standing.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    > @Stormkeep said:
    > @AquaGamer1212 The game won't let you schedule two "wedding events" on the same day, ahead of time. It blocks you from scheduling it in the UI when you try. That said, you can do it if you just schedule one, and then when that one is over on the actual day, use the phone to start the next one. I had a vow renewal at noon and a reception follow it as soon as it was over doing it that way.
    >
    > Another advantage of doing that is you don't end up with 'idle time' between events, you can go straight to whatever next event you want as soon as you are done with another one. The game gives you like 6 hours for the ceremony, for example, but imo that's way more time than you need, so as soon as you are done with the ceremony you can cancel out of it to complete it early and then start the reception.
    >
    > You can have as many of the events as you want in one day doing it that way, you just can't 'schedule' more than one in advance.

In a "no mod" setting, my weddings last far longer than 6 hours. I finally started canceling as soon as they'd done what I wanted them to do, which seems to work fine. (Otherwise, they seemed to never end even when it was time to go to work the next day.) They still get the "move in" option once it's canceled. I've worked with all 4 versions of Carl's mod and had the same thing happen.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Did you know that you get the slow dance option on the stereos even if you don't have a dance floor? They work on any stereo (even the wall-hung ones in lounges or the little ones a teen might have in their room.)
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

mMqpKBK.png

Why is the sim kneeling? Did she take the tea from a low table o something? It looks weird if they kneel just to serve tea and the other sim is standing.

If you Google tea ceremonies it’s traditional in many of them for the sever to kneel when presenting the tea to the recipient.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    If a sim dies at your sims wedding, your sim can get an angry sentiment towards the sim that died and its pretty funny. I would post a picture but it's too much work.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    crocobaura wrote: »

mMqpKBK.png

If you Google tea ceremonies it’s traditional in many of them for the sever to kneel when presenting the tea to the recipient.

I get it that they kneel, but the person they give tea to doesn't stand. They are seated because it's a ceremony. It looks weird with the other sim standing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWsJR2AxbDU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn0YUw_7PTU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3plkdK8Qu8
    Is kneeling down something recently added to the game?

Since installing the pack I've had a few times where sims in social conversations kneel on the floor as they socialize too, and I don't recall that ever being a thing in the game before.

Since installing the pack I've had a few times where sims in social conversations kneel on the floor as they socialize too, and I don't recall that ever being a thing in the game before.

It's not new, they tend to kneel sometimes when watching TV or other sims.
    edited March 2022

Had sims do this often here and there. Think it occured more when I first got aren't hood for the most part so they get on their knees at odd times, n t as much now though.

@crocobaura Yep, I can understand how it should look if a sim is seated and then they kneel in front of them, but doubt that can happen due to the foot print of seating and such, so retty sure they did it this way to make it easier without difficulty. There's also an option to just bow your head and serve the tea if you don't want your sim to just kneel. :)

Either way thought the interaction was nice.

The red envelope will show up in your sims inventory and can stack if you serve tea to more than one parent or just the same parent.
    18WQbjJ.png?1
    5vJrxmT.png
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member

First I've noticed it as well. Guess my sims prefer a big comfy chair instead.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion