Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories General Discussion Thread

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    I think "In Full Bloom Centerpiece" is also a base game wedding unlockable.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I think "In Full Bloom Centerpiece" is also a base game wedding unlockable.

Yep, you're right. And it is also still an unlockable tied to the goaled wedding event, even with the pack installed. That was actually the only one I did remember, as it's the only one of the BG wedding event rewards that I use regularly. I should have mentioned it in my original reply to Gordy.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @gordy, I loaded into a household that has never been played to make sure it wasn't a household which inherited the unlocks from previous generations without me remembering.

It's still locked with MWS installed, and the tooltip still says you need to complete the goaled wedding event in order to unlock it. So it looks like anyone who has the pack will need to either use console commands (i.e. cheat codes) or mods to access it, and any other unlockables tied to the old wedding event.

Hopefully they'll unlock those in an update.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    To spite the bugs I recommend purchasing this pack for the world,wedding cakes,buy build and slowdancing.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I would buy the gamepack for the world, CAS and B/B if they had left the base game weddings intact with the installation of My Wedding Stories. It would have been awesome to be able to use all the items to improve base game weddings while waiting for them to fix the wedding gameplay in the pack. Does anyone know if it is possible to still use base game weddings with pack installed? It is my understanding from things I have read that it doesn't work. I know there are mods to make things work, but I don't use mods.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Question: If the MWS weddings replace basegame weddings, how do you get the unlockable items? MWS weddings don't have goalposts. Are those items now unlocked, or what?

Actually I'm gonna tag @EA_Cade because it seemed like an oversight or something.

I've reached out to the Sims team for clarification on this. I'll let you know when I get more information to share.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    When you tell the team, call it the Gordy Glitch. It'll make it seem more fun for them.

Also ask them about dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Question: If the MWS weddings replace basegame weddings, how do you get the unlockable items? MWS weddings don't have goalposts. Are those items now unlocked, or what?

Actually I'm gonna tag @EA_Cade because it seemed like an oversight or something.

Thanks for the tag @kaiwrysims .

This was an oversight but was already on their radar before I brought it up. I'll do my best to keep you in the loop, but the most likely source of info on this will be a future Laundry List.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited February 2022
    So this weekend I was gifted this pack which I wasn't expecting. I had no intentions of buying it after all the reviews. I've been playing it the past 2-3 days and have now a neutral opinion on it it's not my worst pack but not the best. It's not as bad as some have said however it seems to vary with different simmers. Currently I play on a low end laptop with visual settings at low and no mods or CC. So far my game has lag but nothing different from before the pack. CAS an BB are ok nothing amazing. I do believe I am in the minority where I actually don't like the world it's soulless with nothing going on in it. However I am someone who alters all lots anyway to what I want in the worlds but this world just seems more empty then others it is a gamepack version of the mt komorebi modern area which I find has the same issue.

As for the gameplay it was not as bad as I anticipated. Most of it worked for me however I had a basic wedding of just 2 sims. They walked down the isle and exchanged vows without any issues. I placed the cake in the fridge for as long as possible and they could eat a slice without it being spoiled. First dance was not an issue and the spousal kiss went ok. However and this is a big tip make your bride and groom as a group (if you have get together) this helped me a lot. I am not the simmer this pack is aimed at as my sims always elope and I never use events in the calendar. My advice is keep it as simple as possible. The biggest issue I faced was my sims going off to do other activities such as play on the computer. The lot I played on was the Thebe Estate I edited as a wedding venue and am now in the process of fully renovating it into a wedding venue that would function better in my game. Despite this I can see how this pack will not work for a bigger wedding with guests etc. It worked ok for my gameplay style and for me it's on par with dine out which works ok but could be better.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    J2Iqm3i.png
    I had to test this interaction as it wouldn't work for me but glad to see it's fine, the only thing is I missed the first part, Thorne thought it was a great idea to flip knife and by the animation he grabbed the wrong end. I have to go back and try and get it again before they take it out or something hehe. :D
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Ah yes, I do love it when vendors crash my sims wedding and help themselves to wedding cake. YET YOU REJECT MY HAGGLING.
    Iq07BpN.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @gordy, I loaded into a household that has never been played to make sure it wasn't a household which inherited the unlocks from previous generations without me remembering.

It's still locked with MWS installed, and the tooltip still says you need to complete the goaled wedding event in order to unlock it. So it looks like anyone who has the pack will need to either use console commands (i.e. cheat codes) or mods to access it, and any other unlockables tied to the old wedding event.

Hopefully they'll unlock those in an update.

Or even better make the base game weddings available again under the goaled events so that players have a choice as to how they want to have a wedding play out. I think it’s such a pity every time they remove something from the game, because that also means we get fewer options and options are what help each individual player customize the game to their liking.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited March 2022
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Rofl not going to get over this being a formal outfit, guess it'll fit a certain type of sim, but on the plus side I appreciate more pajamas for male sims tho. :p
    ly1qLhv.png

Maybe that suit is supposed to be for a quickie Vegas type of wedding? It reads Leisure Suit Larry to me.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited March 2022
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Rofl not going to get over this being a formal outfit, guess it'll fit a certain type of sim, but on the plus side I appreciate more pajamas for male sims tho. :p
    ly1qLhv.png

I just created a new couple to test out the pack and used this 'pyjama'. It reminds me of the pj's we got in the sims 2 (I think in glamour life stuff). I think it will become one of my favourite pyjamas.
    oh, if any sim should spawn in this outfit as formal, I will edit them in CAS. I'll just pretend he got smacked by ms crumplebottom because he was dressed inappropriately.

Edit : I forgot to say. I asked my husband to look at this outfit without mentioning what it was intended to be by the creators. And without hesitation he said it looked like a pyjama.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member
    edited March 2022
    netney52 wrote: »
    I am not the simmer this pack is aimed at as my sims always elope and I never use events in the calendar.

I dont use social events much myself as well and i am not into weddings really, but after seeing a youtube clip of the new world i found myself desiring the real estate lol. I think your post convinced me to buy it so thanks for sharing :smiley:

[edited/update] The install went fine, didnt even deactivate my mods, really enjoy the nice scenery, and the beaches are pretty cool. It made me think of the documentries i saw on Italian vineyards, its typical without being cliché i really like it. So I am a happy customer i thought id let y'all know, and share some good vibes in here :wink: ciao4now
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker