Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 wedding disaster

So I planned my wedding picked everyone who’s participating

Picked my wedding cake which disappears every time and then goes bad I can’t take formalwear I can’t pick colours and I can pick what I wear the wedding happens I can’t get married …The guest stay all over the place even when I say sit some still sanding the officiant does nothing ,everyone in the wedding party sits ,can’t cut cake ,why my sims slow dancing like they don’t know each other ??? The animations makes them stand so far apart ugh plus the groom leaves WTFFF

Comments

• Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Yeah, it appears that this pack was released a smidge too early. I feel like the developers were rushed or pushed to get something out quickly for Valentines Day by the higher ups so the board members could get their money. Im sorry your wedding was ruined. If your like me and you get attached to your pixel people, you only want the best for them. And obviuosly this pack has let a considerable amount of people in the sims community down. If your able to use mods I heard Carl has a wedding fix mod out. Although, we shouldnt have to depend on modders to fix a game we paid full price for.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yeah, it appears that this pack was released a smidge too early. I feel like the developers were rushed or pushed to get something out quickly for Valentines Day by the higher ups so the board members could get their money. Im sorry your wedding was ruined. If your like me and you get attached to your pixel people, you only want the best for them. And obviuosly this pack has let a considerable amount of people in the sims community down. If your able to use mods I heard Carl has a wedding fix mod out. Although, we shouldnt have to depend on modders to fix a game we paid full price for.

Yup, I downloaded the pack, and based on what I've heard from the game changers I didn't even bother with playing without and just got the mod. I had a (mostly) successful wedding. Two guests didn't show up but it wouldn't be The Sims 4 if a wedding worked lol.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I don't know, that sounds like a very entertaining wedding to me....
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I think Im giving up on most of the wedding activities TBH. Im going to experiment with making a group and holding a different type of event then just try and get the bride and groom to do the wedding stuff.
    Although TBF the sims in question havent even met yet (I downloaded Sebastian Stan from the Gallery coz if I cant marry him then at least my sim can!LOL).

As a builder though Im loving this pack, the world is beautiful and Im very inspired to make mediterranean style builds. In fact the first one I put on the Gallery has now been downloaded more then any of my others , by over a 1000 downloads! Kinda surprised TBH coz it just looks like a regular posh house to me!

I feel like they were just too ambitious with this pack, they should of simplified it a bit more.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    babytes wrote: »
    So I planned my wedding picked everyone who’s participating

Picked my wedding cake which disappears every time and then goes bad I can’t take formalwear I can’t pick colours and I can pick what I wear the wedding happens I can’t get married …The guest stay all over the place even when I say sit some still sanding the officiant does nothing ,everyone in the wedding party sits ,can’t cut cake ,why my sims slow dancing like they don’t know each other ??? The animations makes them stand so far apart ugh plus the groom leaves WTFFF

Yeah, it's very chaste and disappointing. Ever feel like you're being chaperoned by your game's developers? :|
    #Team Occult
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    The fact that we even got new formal wear makes this pack worth it in my book. I usually gravitate toward the same outfits.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    There’s a fix for My Wedding Stories by Carl’s Guides
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/62954976
  • DollhouseCompanyDollhouseCompany Posts: 35 Member
    > @HillyBeth said:
    > The fact that we even got new formal wear makes this pack worth it in my book. I usually gravitate toward the same outfits.

^^^……

Agree. The formal wear before was so bad and dated . I’ll be using the new clothes a lot!