Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... have you bought My Buggy Weddings?

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2022
    I am undecided
    I was originally getting it on release, but recently I've been burnt out on gameplay and I don't think this pack adds enough new gameplay to get me back into the game :/
  • CrazyMotherCoolCrazyMotherCool Posts: 17 Member
    Yes, I bought it for something other than gameplay
    I bought even if I shouldn't but it's done !
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    I bought it and will use mods to fix it
    I bought it and am awaiting mods to fix it. I have Carl's, which helps but weddings are still a mess. I am glad slow dancing seems to work, and we have a new world, though it's disappointing. At least it's something.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Other
    I bought Cyberpunk 2077 instead. I was set to buy MWS along with a kit, but when it came down to it, I could not reward EA with my $$. CP77 is now at a point where it's considered very good for PCs, and since it was half off, I went with it instead. I am Done (with that capital D) with rewarding companies for rushing out products that they know are absolutely broken that they may fix later, or may not bother since they got the $$ already.

I am very tolerant of bugs, tbh. But the basic theme of a pack needs to work.
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I bought it for the CAS and build items and there are mods to help get weddings to work until fix. What I didn't expect and people should of been upfront about is now my game crashes even more now. After the patch before the last one and repairing the game, it solved that problem and now with the new patch and gamepack, the problem was back. I can't even play the game long enough now to hold weddings. This what I was worried about; but nobody said anything and I thought I could get around the weddings for now until those bugs were fixed. 😒

Are many people having game crashes too? I haven't read about others having that issue (or maybe didn't pay any attention).

I know for me personally, I've never had TS4 ever crash in almost 8 years.

Yes, a bunch of people on reddit (including a few console players) said it also crashed on them and a few reported it to EA and said it was the patch itself may have something to do with it/

Runs fine for me, I haven't had any crash issues. I don't think there is anything wrong with the patch, itself, but as all patches and updates do, it adds more to the game and some systems are already on the brink.
  • tutifruity6644tutifruity6644 Posts: 878 Member
    Yes, I bought it but wished I hadn't
    i did but i wish i hadnt, im not much of a sims 4 player anymore i used to love it but its been so buggy recently i went back to the sims 3 and prefer it, but i tried it out and its made my game even more unplayable, i dont even wanna have weddings anymore which is sad
    Screenshot-2022-02-26-at-02-01-45.png
    💛🤍 Tai (iel en français / they/them in english) 💜🖤
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    I am undecided
    i was going to get it, but idk if i'll get it now, since it's bugged. maybe if they fix it.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I am undecided
    I had every intention on buying this pack on release day. This pack is right up my alley, and I was so eager to play it. After seeing the livestream and early access content, I haven't bought it yet.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Other
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I doubt they ever fix it because they just don't care.

Finally, someone who isn't blinded by the livestreams and "goodwill" of EA.
    I don't often see this level of scepticism, especially on this forum and community.

Over the last few years the quality of EA's work on TS4 has gone from good to shoddy, at best. This is when their focus switched from quality and a lot of content per pack to working to build packs around computers on the minimum spec and the drop of quality and lack of content per pack. The unfortunate thing is that for now EA has a monopoly on this niche market and they set the terms.

...Paralives and Alterlife can't come soon enough. This will force EA to actually build quality content for once and at a lower price as they no longer have a monopoly for once. Competition on this market will show just how bad things are on TS4 in a few years from, assuming this future happens where there is competition. Suddenly you'll see EA devs actually putting in a real effort instead of... this.

I know EA developers can do better (and i never underestimate the talent the developers no matter who they work for), i know EA can give them the opportunity to put a pack together instead of rushing to some arbitrary deadline so we don't have a mess like this pack or eco lifestyle. Things can be done a lot better and users could use their heads more often and stop rewarding the publisher for substandard rubbish that gets released.
  • NinDeFinn123NinDeFinn123 Posts: 2 New Member
    I never thought I would be ever writing anything on the Sims forums as I'm a shy older lady that plays the sims since sims1 and never had the need to say something. I have been watching the decline of quality and the lack of good ideas from Maxis for a while, but this disaster of a game pack send me straight to the forums. I am working as a QR tester for a large IT company and I can say that this pack wasn't playtested and even if the QR was testing this pack, nothing was resolved. It is a shame and I can believe Maxis actually released this pack to the public. I would never imagine the company I work for would ever send a product out that was so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if that was the case we would get a lawsuit from our customers. It shows that Maxis has no respect for their customers. If they had any respect they wouldn't 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on us like they do, don't get fooled by the Sim gurus, they have no clue, they are just for communication to the public. No respect and no consideration that we pay for there products because we actually like the game. It is easy for me to buy a pack, I have a good income and tbh. I don't really care for the 20 euros I paid for this, but lots of players are very young and lots of them spend their pocket money on the game they like playing. Maxis have some respect towards your player base it is an absolute disgrace. I'm deeply disappointed. I do not recommend this pack, not in this state, this turned out to be a stuff pack with a new world. The gameplay does not exist. Who on earth was coding this???
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    No, I am never buying this rubbish!
    No, and I have no intention of buying it. Not only did the pack not interest me in the first place, EA's attitude towards just how broken this pack seems to be to do jack, not even apologise to loyal simmers (customers) and be transparent about when the issues will be fixed, but to seemingly continue promoting a bunch of fluff with no substance like there's nothing wrong & they didn't release a half baked pack that doesn't even work properly. It's an insult, and I refuse to reward companies for such things.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    No, I am not buying it until it is fixed by EA
    I was going to wait till they fixed it but I caved and bought it.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Have seen the videos showing what a disaster this is. Am actually bordering on the never choice. Have heard the world is pretty but blah and the BB/CAS seems focused on that single event, rather than being widely useful. I got a mod for the slow dancing, so already have that even if it is simpler. Not getting a resting on the bottom of the Atlantic pack just for one feature!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

I agree, I don't think they care one bit. They haven't even acknowledged publicly how broken this pack is yet or said anything towards what they plan to do about it, it's disgraceful behavior.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 694 Member
    edited February 2022
    I have voted that Il am not buying it until fixed by EA but even then I am not sure. I am afraid it will break a lot of things in my game. So perhaps I should have chosen that I will not buy this rubbish.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I agree, I don't think they care one bit. They haven't even acknowledged publicly how broken this pack is yet or said anything towards what they plan to do about it, it's disgraceful behavior.

They care only that enough people will not do advance research and buy it, so the pack turns a profit. The promotional video is oh, so wonderful and will tempt the unwary. I find it interesting that the pack comes out close to the end of a fiscal quarter.
  • simpureheartsimpureheart Posts: 39 Member
    Yes, I bought it and am happy with it, bugs and all
    I just bought it. This pack was enough to bring me back to playing The Sims 4. Now, I am aware of the reported bugs with it. But I love what is included, so I am sure I will enjoy it a lot.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Yes I bought it for the world. It's a nice world. That may never have a wedding in it within my games. Even the build buy is just "okay" but the world is really great looking.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I do want this pack, but even if it wasn't broken I would have waited for a sale. The only content I'm willing to pay full price for is new Occult gameplay. So after the bugs in this GP are fixed I'll buy it on sale. But I'm not spending money on something that's broken, so fix it first, EA.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Other
    I was gifted it this weekend and it was not as bad as I expected. I have posted a longer version of my experience of the pack in another thread. For me it's ok other packs I have found worse and this is on par with dine out. Yes it has issues especially if you play a big wedding. Usually my sims elope but this pack with few wedding activities worked ok and I will use this pack again. However I don't think I am the simmer this pack is aimed at so maybe that's why I haven't found it as bad. FYI I currently play on a low end laptop with no mods or CC.
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    Other

As simmers we all know bugs are unavoidable. We wait for fixes or find the way to keep enjoying our game.

But this time EA went too far!

As a customer I can not buy an unfinished product, it's ridiculous.

All the promotion, all the controversy and the SILENCE from EA about this makes me feel cheated and manipulated.

I will not buy this pack :|
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The patch broke City Hall. Sims can't get married there. The interaction just cancels. Please click on Me Too if your also having this problem.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-can-t-get-married-at-City-Hall/m-p/11325603#M208520
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Yes I bought it and it works nicely in my game
    The patch broke City Hall. Sims can't get married there. The interaction just cancels. Please click on Me Too if your also having this problem.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-can-t-get-married-at-City-Hall/m-p/11325603#M208520

What time were you trying it, @Catloverplayer? I had the same experience when I tried late in the day, but it worked fine during the next day. For me the problem was that the interaction shows as available when city hall is actually closed, but it fails. Returning during the operational hours worked fine, for me.

The only reason I even knew it had "hours" is because I looked in the tuning files. It would show you the hours if the interaction was disabled, like it should be, after hours, but for me it wasn't disabling it so I couldn't see the tooltip telling me that it was closed.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

What time were you trying it, @Catloverplayer? I had the same experience when I tried late in the day, but it worked fine during the next day. For me the problem was that the interaction shows as available when city hall is actually closed, but it fails. Returning during the operational hours worked fine, for me.

The only reason I even knew it had "hours" is because I looked in the tuning files. It would show you the hours if the interaction was disabled, like it should be, after hours, but for me it wasn't disabling it so I couldn't see the tooltip telling me that it was closed.

I tried at a lot of different times after 9am and also in the afternoon. Someone else on Twitter says their having the same issue. The Patch Broke this feature. It's on AMQ now though so SimGuruNick will see it.
  • dgd12790dgd12790 Posts: 58 Member
    Yes, I bought it but wished I hadn't
    I bought it, but wish I hadn't. The new world will not load at all for me. All of the Sims I ask that are BFFs refused to be Sim of Honor. My Sims niece and nephew refused to be in the wedding. Its a mess.