Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Did You Know Thread

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited February 2022
    83bienchen wrote: »
    A lot of things you didn't know to avoid a super glitchy wedding:

- You should not have more than one arch, stereo, banquet table and bucket for the wedding ceremony to work properly.
    - Cake stages are not showing visually when there isn't any wedding cake left. If you get the option to throw the cake away, it's either spoiled or empty, no matter what it tasty it looks like
    - wedding cakes can only be cut when you have the topper removed first. Also, reserve a freely available 1*1 dining table to put it on
    -cakes will spoil when submitted for the ceremony. Also, they will often stay invisible in your Sim's inventory. Just don't submit a cake. Bake or buy it directly at the venue
    - the call to immediate interactions do only work when Sims are already near the object. Use groups and always use go here together before doing them, also make sure your couple ist actually near the object. Immediatee interactions will also work much better when selected in the relevant object.
    - Guest with a friendship level lower than 20 will react bored to the ceremony, so don't invite people you barely know.

Some very good tips. Also I found out the latter when I invited Miko since she knew the sims son fairly well, bu tnot so much his mother and she was just so disinterested. SO sorry that this wedding bores you Miko. 8V
    2yVymc2.png

Also 10/10 wouldn't host in Sulani ever again unfortunately. Pretty setting but sims in the wedding just seemed so keen on constantly swimming for some reason so half the time they attended the wedding in their bathing suit. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    A lot of things you didn't know to avoid a super glitchy wedding:

- You should not have more than one arch, stereo, banquet table and bucket for the wedding ceremony to work properly.
    - Cake stages are not showing visually when there isn't any wedding cake left. If you get the option to throw the cake away, it's either spoiled or empty, no matter what it tasty it looks like
    - wedding cakes can only be cut when you have the topper removed first. Also, reserve a freely available 1*1 dining table to put it on
    -cakes will spoil when submitted for the ceremony. Also, they will often stay invisible in your Sim's inventory. Just don't submit a cake. Bake or buy it directly at the venue
    - the call to immediate interactions do only work when Sims are already near the object. Use groups and always use go here together before doing them, also make sure your couple ist actually near the object. Immediatee interactions will also work much better when selected in the relevant object.
    - Guest with a friendship level lower than 20 will react bored to the ceremony, so don't invite people you barely know.

Some very good tips. Also I found out the latter when I invited Miko since she knew the sims son fairly well, bu tnot so much his mother and she was just so disinterested. SO sorry that this wedding bores you Miko. 8V
    2yVymc2.png

Also 10/10 wouldn't host in Sulani ever again unfortunately. Pretty setting but sims in the wedding just seemed so keen on constantly swimming for some reason so half the time they attended the wedding in their bathing suit. :#

Were you hosting on a Beach Venue? sim autonomy is tied to venue type.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I mean yeah it was hosted on the beach, changed the type to a wedding venue tho. Was originally get away vacation spot, but decided to turn it into a wedding venue since it had the arch and everything with a set up in the build. Didn't realize sims would just auto go into the water regardless.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I mean yeah it was hosted on the beach, changed the type to a wedding venue tho. Was originally get away vacation spot, but decided to turn it into a wedding venue since it had the arch and everything with a set up in the build. Didn't realize sims would just auto go into the water regardless.

I have a restaurant in Sulani on a lot that goes over the water. Sims will occasionally go for a swim while they are waiting to be seated by the hostess.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @83bienchen Thank you for the info! I am seriously thinking of buying the pack now if there are ways to make the gameplay work. I want the pack so much, was looking forward to actual weddings, but felt not worth it to buy a gamepack where gameplay isn't working. But if there are workarounds for these issues that actually make actions/activities work, I am willing to spend the money. I really want the CAS and B/B items and the world is beautiful. I also want the ability for a bakery that sells wedding cakes and a flower shop with bouquets made by me sim. Thank you! Hopefully EA will fix the issues soon.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited February 2022
    The message bottles have moodlet effects when placed in the room and the mood effect is turned on. Each bottle can have different effects: one from Grim made my Sim tense, and another was inspiring. The message determines the mood. I haven't tried them all, but I think one would make your Sims clumsy and another playful. There are a couple that might have some very negative effects - I'll have to save and then try some of those tonight.

I'm not so sure they have anything but regular mood effects, now: when I started to line them up, I realised that they came in different colours that presumably correspond to regular moods (inspired, focused, etc). The orange-brown bottles do cause a tense mood. I started a new save, however, and I haven't found a few of the rare bottles I'd collected before.

Editing to add: I have completed my message-in-a-bottle survey. They have five varieties: confident, happy, inspired, flirty and tense. They look very nice on the wall of my Sim's little beach shack.
    Post edited by invisiblgirl on
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Also: if you have the pack with flower arranging (Seasons?), you can make your own wedding bouquets. (I think this was suggested before, but I wasn't sure it had been implemented.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Also: if you have the pack with flower arranging (Seasons?), you can make your own wedding bouquets. (I think this was suggested before, but I wasn't sure it had been implemented.)

Those were really pretty as well. That is a very nice bit of cross-pack fun.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Did you know?

You can place those invisible lot things sims use to walk up and down the aisle on the beach lot. I placed long ones close to the ocean and you can get them to walk arm and arm up or down the beach.

The downside is you can't attach those together.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I found out you can’t have two wedding events on the same day. I wanted to do separate ceremony and reception events to minimize glitches but it’s not possible :/
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

edited February 2022
    Did you know you can plan a wedding or vow renewel without inviting sims? My sims didn't know anyone.

I planned the wedding at the wedding venue and there were already sims there. Sims frequent the new wedding venue in Tartosa.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    I found out you can’t have two wedding events on the same day. I wanted to do separate ceremony and reception events to minimize glitches but it’s not possible :/

I remember someone posting in another thread that they scheduled the wedding for around 8 or 9 pm and the reception at 12am. Maybe that would work for you.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    @AquaGamer1212 The game won't let you schedule two "wedding events" on the same day, ahead of time. It blocks you from scheduling it in the UI when you try. That said, you can do it if you just schedule one, and then when that one is over on the actual day, use the phone to start the next one. I had a vow renewal at noon and a reception follow it as soon as it was over doing it that way.

Another advantage of doing that is you don't end up with 'idle time' between events, you can go straight to whatever next event you want as soon as you are done with another one. The game gives you like 6 hours for the ceremony, for example, but imo that's way more time than you need, so as soon as you are done with the ceremony you can cancel out of it to complete it early and then start the reception.

You can have as many of the events as you want in one day doing it that way, you just can't 'schedule' more than one in advance.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    There were actually plans to allow cats and dogs as ring and flower bearers.

Hints/Leftovers of these plans can be found in the tuning files:
    wedding_Immediate_Aisle_DogCheck_SendFlowerDown
    wedding_Immediate_Aisle_DogCheck_SendFlowerUp

These two aren't so much in the face but both interactions have been specifically set to allow for cats and dogs to do them:
    wedding_Aisle_WalkDown_Ring
    wedding_Aisle_WalkDown_Flower

I'm very sad this idea was abandoned later.

Probably ran out of time 😓
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited February 2022
    It can be clearly seen in the overall tuning that they actually did run out of time and ressources with this Pack.

There is also tuning for letting cats and dogs walk down the aisle (without a role attached to them). I have not checked yet whether this is actually possible in game.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    It can be clearly seen in the overall tuning that they actually did run out of time and ressources with this Pack.

There is also tuning for letting cats and dogs walk down the aisle (without a role attached to them). I have not checked yet whether this is actually possible in game.

Is there any evidence that they planned to have toddlers walked down the aisle? It’s so strange to me that they’re not allowed to be ring bearers and flower pals. As toddlers are the age group I think of when I think of both.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited February 2022
    It works! Cats and dogs can be sent down and up the aisle!!! Not as ring or flower bearers, but on their own.

@Evilyn: No, there's none. They are simply not included.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    You can put the city hall via debug on any lot. I put one in San Myshuno with a flower shop & bridal store. Only thing I can't find to add is the cake testing shoppe but can always add a bakery to lot as well. Tested and they all work as intended.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    You can put the city hall via debug on any lot. I put one in San Myshuno with a flower shop & bridal store. Only thing I can't find to add is the cake testing shoppe but can always add a bakery to lot as well. Tested and they all work as intended.

I was also looking for the wedding cake store but couldn't find it anywhere 😭 I could only find the shell.
    Happy simming!
    Did You Know?

Dogs and Cats can be sent up the Aisles.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @AquaGamer1212 The game won't let you schedule two "wedding events" on the same day, ahead of time. It blocks you from scheduling it in the UI when you try. That said, you can do it if you just schedule one, and then when that one is over on the actual day, use the phone to start the next one. I had a vow renewal at noon and a reception follow it as soon as it was over doing it that way.

Another advantage of doing that is you don't end up with 'idle time' between events, you can go straight to whatever next event you want as soon as you are done with another one. The game gives you like 6 hours for the ceremony, for example, but imo that's way more time than you need, so as soon as you are done with the ceremony you can cancel out of it to complete it early and then start the reception.

You can have as many of the events as you want in one day doing it that way, you just can't 'schedule' more than one in advance.

I was just going to test this today! Thanks @Stormkeep!
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    That's very cool, @catloverplayer, and I wasn't aware of that. I already hold funerals in my game and then go into BB at the cemetery to place flowers...I hadn't even thought of using the bouquets for it. Thanks for sharing this here!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    There were actually plans to allow cats and dogs as ring and flower bearers.

Hints/Leftovers of these plans can be found in the tuning files:
    wedding_Immediate_Aisle_DogCheck_SendFlowerDown
    wedding_Immediate_Aisle_DogCheck_SendFlowerUp

These two aren't so much in the face but both interactions have been specifically set to allow for cats and dogs to do them:
    wedding_Aisle_WalkDown_Ring
    wedding_Aisle_WalkDown_Flower

I'm very sad this idea was abandoned later.
    This is a shame pets were left out. 😢
    It’s a great idea and would make for more unique wedding parties.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞