Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited February 2022
    @texansky my sims don’t own a hot tub not sure which photo you are referring to.🤣 I scrolled through three times and am like “what hot tub?” I don’t see any sims in a hot tub.But no none of the sims in my stories are created by others.they are all created by me except for the townies, those are sims I downloaded but my actual sims are my own creations.I haven’t downloaded any sims from @Turjan
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member

@bekkasan,
    @lisasc360 Enjoyed the updates.
    Thank you... :) I had been sitting on the university update since last week as I had gotten to play testing the knitting, sheep and sewing mod... :)

@GraceyManor,
    @lisasc360
    lol at lisa not holding the bowling ball right.
    That sounds like me.XD Phone calls always
    at the wrong time.XD
    Your sewing room looks fantastic! I love the sewing mod from
    modthesims.
    hehehe, I liked that as well. Of course she could had been holding it wrong as she was nervous since she hadn't bowled in a while.
    I got so tired of these junk calls calling every week. I just had the other day about my cars expired warranty, so when the lady asked me for my make, model and year of my car, I told her that the FBI was tracing the call and then yelled into the phone where she can take her scam call. So she told me that she wishes that I lose my voice and then I gave her a few choice words before hanging up on her...lol
    Thank you... :) I've always wanted a room just for my sewing and hobbies to be in in real life. But at the moment, that room shares the computer room as we live in a 2 bedroom apt. If and when we move into my mom's house, I plan on making my old playroom the sewing/hobby room.

@texansky,
    @lisasc360
    Sheep and knitting? Wow, MTS has some really interesting things available. I haven't been there browsing in years. Maybe I'll check it out again.
    The sheep are really cute. I'd like to see the sheep on one of the balls. Do you actually have to feed the sheep every day?
    Looks like Dawn is knitting a scarf. Does it grow over time or is it just an animation thing?
    ---
    Your sewing room looks so organized. Great job on making the most of the small space.
    It's really neat that she is actually using the treadle of the sewing machine while she sews. Great job to whoever designed it.
    ---
    Isn't Elaine married to Norman? Par for the course, the neighborhood Sims are so plumb they can't stay faithful to anyone.

@Astro
    Thanks for your reply. It's good to know that recoloring base game items isn't an issue. Thanks for the link. There was a lot of back and forth in that thread, but I was able to glean some good information from it.
    ---
    Wow, that warehouse looks fantastic. You've made it livable and yet still trashy at the same time.
    Imagine guests shooing you out of the warehouse so they can use the facilities? Or would they just hold it until they couldn't hold it anymore because there isn't a private room to go in?
    The outside does need a bit of a downgrade.

I love Create-a-Style. I am constantly recoloring and changing patterns on outfits, furniture, wallpaper, siding, jewelry. I could go on, but you get the idea.
    It sure does have a lot of interesting items over there. I even have a few things from there in my Sims 4 game such as the pottery table and the Grandma's Cookbook which adds more recipes to my game.
    The creator has a picture of the sheep on the ball over on MTS. The sheep come with 3 different grazing placements that can be place on the area that you want them to graze. It also comes with the hitching post where they can go and get some water at as well. It comes with the sheep shelter and the straw bedding that you see inside of the shelter that I have in my game. The bedding can be placed outside as well but you just want to make sure that you have the shelter for your sheep if you're planning on having them on your lot so that they can go in there when it rains. Of course the social worker can come and take the sheep away if the neighbors claim that you haven't been taking care of them. The creator explains all about that on the sheep's page.
    No, the item being knitting does grow as you're working on it. As soon as your sim picks up the knitting needles and yarn from the knitting basket, it looks like what you see in the picture. But I'm not too worried about that as I'm just happy that our sims can now knit in the game.

Thank you... :) That room was original a baby's room when I had moved my Sims into that house but since they don't have any babies yet, I swapped out the baby items for the sewing room items... :)
    Yeah I was quite surprise to see that as well, her using the treadle and moving the item around on the sewing machine.

Elaine is Norman's daughter as his wife is dead. My Riverview save that I had started back in 2017 where I had placed my Simself in a house by herself had became friends with Norman and his daughter. Norman would call me up for dates but I would turn him down as he's much older than my SS is. His dead wife came to visit me one night as I had won a couple of the ghost gnomes from the claw machine, so I would get 2 ghost showing up each night while the ghost gnomes were still alive. The ghosts would be of the different dead sims showing up and using my house during the nighttime until it was time for them to go back to the netherworld come daybreak.
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Joy_family
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

@GraceyManor
    Sorry for the confusion. You posted a picture of a guy in the bathtub looking in through the frosty window in your comments post near the bottom of page 4318. It appeared to be directed at @Turjan. I was trying to figure out who he was. I think he's pretty hot. :tongue:
    ---
    Good on Jacob and Beau to give the stranger what for!
    It looks like Brianna is more than a little interested in Jacob. Poor Kurt doesn't stand a chance. Of course, Jacob doesn't know that. Jealous much? :lol:
    Great pictures of Aurora Borealis.
    Jacob is trying to help out as much as he can, but those bees got the better of him. :grimace:

@bekkasan
    Your sewing room looks nice as well. I love the painting of a wicker box of thread and sewing items. It almost looks like it could be needlepoint.
    ---
    Speaking of bookmarks, I've been trying to organize mine. I found a link @emorrill shared for her Michael Holland Family Challenge! I'm going to have to go back and read that over again. I downloaded the family years ago. I want to see what they get up to in one of my games.
    ---
    My builds are made for the Hand in the Sky (texansky). She prefers open floorplans for better maneuverability and indoor screenshots with the walls up. I really should change it up once in a while. This farming challenge house is tiny compared to my floorplans. But I've been coping alright.
    ---
    Thanks for the comments on my first day of the challenge. You'll just have to wait and see if someone is interested in the trains. :wink:

@emorrill
    I'm not sure what you meant by Loni losing §400? She only found §100 in the piggy bank, to add to her §500. Maybe you thought the piggy bank find had doubled their funds?
    ---
    Thanks for the feedback on the first day of my story. I couldn't resist blaming the clogged toilet on her dad!

@lisasc360
    If I was Dawn, I might be a bit ticked off at Nathan for snubbing her over Elaine. Maybe he's nice and was just being polite to their guest?
    He refused Elaine's flowers in front of Dawn and then went in for the dip kiss? Did Elaine get the hint and leave? Apparently not. I almost feel sorry for Elaine.
    ---
    I didn't know that Norman was her father. Thanks for setting me straight. See what happens when I make assumptions?
    To be fair, I don't think I have ever played in Riverview. But I still stand by my comment about unfaithful townies. :angry:
    ---
    I can't believe they left her in the house alone while they slipped off to the bedroom! :flushed:
    ---
    Nice update to your college story. Took me a second to realize you had changed stories as the last one ended with them in bed and the next one started that way. Except they looked WAY different. :lol:
    I may be petty, but I don't feel sorry for Ruby either. :innocent:
    Maybe Che wasn't streaking. He could have been a model for the class. I wonder why Lisa didn't tell Donny about the streaker?
    I love when Sims autonomously watch the stars together. I always wonder what they are whispering to one another, though.

@Brandontaylor
    It looks like your Sims are getting their wishes fulfilled today. Happy birthday to Pierre.
    Lily and Brandon are determined to for their band to succeed. Playing in the park was a great way to get exposure. They can always use more practice.
    Your chess table gets a lot of use. Mine typically gather dust and cobwebs! :smiley:
    It must be nice playing a household that doesn't have to eat all the time. Although, how does anyone improve their cooking skill? :confused:
    Happy birthday to Daisy, Ivy, and Holly! Both the "twins" are beautiful teens, and Daisy is as pretty as ever.

@Karritz
    I haven't had the chance to check out Oscar and Louise yet. I'll have to spend some downtime watching the videos to get up to speed on the family.
    Nice of your internet provider to offer you an upgrade. Hopefully, your uploads will take less time in the future.

@Sprottenham
    The situation in Ukraine just keeps getting worse. We have a sister church in Dumantsi, a village about 135 miles southeast of Kyiv along the south bank of the Dnieper River a bit west of the reservoir. We've been praying for our sister church families and the country as a whole.
    ---
    Is the divide by zero an NRAAS thing? I've never heard of it before.

A side note to no one in particular: I haven't played in Praaven yet. I might think about downloading it.

@texansky,
    @lisasc360
    If I was Dawn, I might be a bit ticked off at Nathan for snubbing her over Elaine. Maybe he's nice and was just being polite to their guest?
    He refused Elaine's flowers in front of Dawn and then went in for the dip kiss? Did Elaine get the hint and leave? Apparently not. I almost feel sorry for Elaine.
    ---
    I didn't know that Norman was her father. Thanks for setting me straight. See what happens when I make assumptions?
    To be fair, I don't think I have ever played in Riverview. But I still stand by my comment about unfaithful townies. :angry:
    ---
    I can't believe they left her in the house alone while they slipped off to the bedroom! :flushed:
    ---
    Nice update to your college story. Took me a second to realize you had changed stories as the last one ended with them in bed and the next one started that way. Except they looked WAY different. :lol:
    I may be petty, but I don't feel sorry for Ruby either. :innocent:
    Maybe Che wasn't streaking. He could have been a model for the class. I wonder why Lisa didn't tell Donny about the streaker?
    I love when Sims autonomously watch the stars together. I always wonder what they are whispering to one another, though.
    Same here if my husband had done to me as well. Of course that could it as he didn't want to appear to be rude to guests who come over to visit.
    Yeah, I'm glad that he refused the flowers twice from her. No she didn't as you could see that she tried the flowers again.

You're welcome... :) When Norman was trying to date my SS in Riverview, I had went to look him up to see if he was married and if he was an elder as I didn't want my SS with anyone who's way older than she is.
    After I had moved my SS to Riverview, she had Yuri Ivanov and Hal Breckenridge who came over to greet her to Riverview. Yuri is a married man with 2 kids and a big flirt while Hal is a single guy who has the flirty and commitment traits. They both flirted with my SS with Yuri being the first one and then Hal. When Yuri saw Hal flirting with me, he pulled out his guitar and started playing it for me. Of course I would turn down any offers for dating them as they were the towns playboys, or at least that's what they thought they were when going around flirting with any women in town...lol

hehehe, yeah I guess Nathan should had asked her to leave but he was having a romantic with Dawn and didn't think about anything else but Dawn. You know how that goes when you're having a moment and you just forget about everyone else around you....lol

Thank you... :) Yeah, I'm trying to make sure that when I change my updates to other stories that I have going start naming them with the name that I have given them for the threads that I have created for them... :)
    No, you're not being petty as I don't feel bad for her as well.
    He could be but he did run around the building a couple of times with his arms up in the air like they do when they're streaking.
    Yeah Donny went over to her on his own to ask her to watch the stars with him... :)
    @texansky that was someone else’s photo that so had quoted and I believe it was Ethan.I was responding to it as I thought he was cute 🤪not my sim unfortunately
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    I decided to do a little photoshoot tonight

I took these two base sims

v1mT8kn.jpg

JMnXBVD.jpg

And then I decided to test some poses,
    I after have edited the photos in PaintShop pro x9.

I also decided to use @Emily4331 tricks when she does her photoshoots.

YMbLjtV.jpg

33pqhdk.jpg

UxU7Ujd.jpg

ASrKDRU.jpg

ci1iNHz.jpg

kqMfjFh.jpg

6trO0Ah.jpg

The final one is a couple pose, I practiced posing two sims.

That is all!
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Hello everyone, thank you very much for all for the comments already. My mind is a bit preoccupied with current events at the moment, given the Ukrainian border is located 270 miles east of my house. I just can't concentrate on any Sims stuff at the moment. Let's hope I'll see the Sims as a useful distraction again soon :smile: .

To make this post not a complete waste of space, here's Ethan visiting Tiara Angelista.
    2DUApov.jpg
    edited February 2022

I've got another update to The Marsden Farming Challenge
    Read on if you are interested in what happened to the trains. :wink:

Week 1: Wednesday

After switching beds with Dad, I've been getting better rest.

When I went downstairs, the ghost of Pete Rouses was making waffles. I guess they're not so bad after all. I was all set to make pancakes. There was a shredded newspaper in front of the stove and Pete couldn't get to the oven. I had to finish them myself.

IkeaSims finally delivered our table and chairs! It set us back §265 but the delivery guys brought them in and put them together. That was good of them. I tipped them an additional §25 for their time. Finally, I can do my homework at a table!
    c4e74b_7bc782efb5a44f539d677d0dc389f589~mv2.jpg

When they left, I headed outside to weed the garden.

Dad: We got another §157 from selling stuff at the consignment store. I think that may be the rest of our items. Hopefully, we'll have some produce from the garden to sell before winter. I was thinking. Maybe we could transplant some of the garden plants to the basement. It still needs some work down there though.
    Loni: Great idea, Dad! I'll head down there and check it out tomorrow.

texansky: Loni looks around the room and smiles.

This place is beginning to look like a proper home.

Loni: I'm exhausted. I'm going to go to bed early for a change.
    Dad: It's barely 7 pm.
    Loni: I know, but I don't have the energy to even do my homework right now.
    Dad: All right. Sweet dreams!

I headed upstairs and fell into a dreamless sleep despite Dad's well-wishes.
    c4e74b_09ceaca1921b4994971813c9dda36bd0~mv2.jpg

The piggy bank now holds §874.

Week 1: Thursday

texansky: Fred had quite the adventure. He was investigating some lights in the sky and was abducted by aliens. Of course, he has no idea what happened to him, except that he was suddenly standing at the road. All he knew was that he was starving and had to go something fierce!
    c4e74b_be28fe0dfc9d4caa9f044e30b4cd7920~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_c281b1f2f91b45ee9c4536d7c44150f6~mv2.jpg
    texansky: Surprisingly, he was able to hurry back to the house without using his cane. Good thing since he was headed for the john! :lol:
    c4e74b_9477c026c62b46aeaf49df8cd2de9d1d~mv2.jpg

I awoke fully rested. I made fresh waffles and ate them at the new dining table. One of the ghosts had started making something but didn't complete the task. I suppose I better not let it go to waste.
    c4e74b_fd22a3070beb4469967ddf47c8f98d54~mv2.jpg

I put the new batch of waffles in the fridge. I barely found room for them. We'll be lucky to eat all this food before it goes bad.

I ran all the way to the bus and got on to go to school. Suddenly the driver is kicking me off the bus.

Driver: There's no school today! Go home.
    Loni: Thanks for NOT letting me know yesterday! Why did you even show up here, honking your horn?

The driver just smiled, shut the door, and drove away, belching diesel exhaust in my face.

I had to go so badly, I barged into the neighbor's house to use their restroom. I suppose I should at least say hi.
    c4e74b_1e87fdb7b01244669c884e46db139988~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_25967825399546b1b69449619967d00c~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_e39f8fc339f049edb6ec43947701b720~mv2.jpg

When I got home there was an elderly lady standing out front looking up at the train sets.

Loni: Can I help you?
    Lady: I'm Mirabelle. I heard you have some train sets for sale. Are these the ones?
    Loni: Yes. These out here and another one in the kitchen.
    Mirabelle: These are of exquisite quality. I need presents for my grandkids for Snowflake Day. I'll take all of them. How does §1000 sound for the lot?
    Loni: That's a very generous offer, Mirabelle. Sold! I had no idea they were worth that much.

Dad and I helped take the trains down and load them into Mirabelle's car parked on the road. I was so touched, I hugged the woman before seeing her off.

texansky: Selling all of the train sets on the first day would net §1120 brand new. I figured §1000 was a fair price for the collectibles trains.

I quickly added the §1000 to the piggy bank.

Dad: That was quite a sale. I'm proud of your ability to figure out ways to make money before the crops come in.
    texansky: Loni blushes with pride.
    Loni: Thanks Dad! I'm going to check out that basement now.

It figures. Another sink to fix and a mess to clean up.
    c4e74b_2f9ccd58f47f4e0a9307fd02f09c2b60~mv2.jpg

texansky: Loni grabbed her wrench and went to work. Beating on it seemed to loosen up the rust and she was able to replace the washers and stop the leak.

Now that the sink is repaired, I can mop this floor and clean the counters.

That looks like a wine-making machine. Too bad I don't have any grapes. I'd like to see if the old thing still works. I'll have to stop by the grocery store after school one day to buy some grapes to plant.
    c4e74b_cd03ef8f25b040daad4e6b9dc6d484a7~mv2.jpg

texansky: After getting everything cleaned up, Loni dragged the wine-making machine over to a different corner. Then she hauled in some soil for the floor and transferred some of her plants to the basement. She added a second sprinkler.
    c4e74b_220e6959d8494f54a0f85f2ab1a56022~mv2.jpg

I found a vase in the basement and sold it for §2. I spent a total of §530 on gardening supplies. All of the plants in my garden fit into the basement with room to spare. All I need to do outside now is tend the trees.

I'm tired of picking up dirty laundry from the floor. I bought some hampers to put them into so the place doesn't look so bad. Total cost for laundry supplies §200.
    c4e74b_397ea5774c044ddeb8bbb5d9c4d25adc~mv2.jpg

I'm finally caught up on the laundry. I had to clean the kitchen counter and the toilet. And Dad managed to break the bathtub again, so I had to repair it and mop the floor. No time to do my homework. Will have to get up early. Off to bed.
    c4e74b_14423d0fe1db489e8efe793162ee9475~mv2.jpg

Left in the piggy bank: §1146 simoleans.

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Turjan I have to send a virtual {{{{Hug}}}} <3
    God bless y'all over there... Those events have been on my mind since yesterday too and I've been sending prayers. 🙏 May this not become a repeat of a tragic history.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    @emorrill Thank you. But just to make that completely clear: Personally, I'm not directly affected, rising prices not withstanding. It's more a psychological thing.

One More Update: The Marsden Farming Challenge

texansky: This post gets me all caught up with my game. I guess I'll have to go play it some more!

Week 1: Friday

I got up at 5 am so I would have time to do my homework before school. I almost stepped on an Eastern Box Turtle that Angel had left by my bed. I sold it for §29. I'm finally going to do my homework at a table.

Dad: I put the bills in the mailbox this morning. I took §109 out of the piggy bank.
    Loni: (looking up from her homework) Thanks, Dad. Shoot, there's the bus. I'd better head off to school.
    c4e74b_f2d7bb1a1a0e446493382864732fa5d5~mv2.jpg
    I'll definitely need to start doing my assignments as soon as I am home from school. Doing late homework at school is the pits.

After school, I stopped by the consignment store and bought a couple of umbrellas. They cost §90 each.

When I got home, I harvested some apples and pears before moving to the basement. I did some gardening there until Benni called. We chatted for a bit and I planted some more cucumbers. Dad and I almost had dinner together.
    c4e74b_357675863bfa49febd715f6819ae5aac~mv2.jpg

I finally finished my assignments at home! Go me! I'm going to need a shower in the morning. I worked up a sweat in the garden. I hate going to bed stinky. Now I'll have to wash the bedding.

Piggybank: §886.

texansky: This post is a bit heavy on the screenshots, so I put the rest of it in the spoiler below.
    Week 1: Saturday

When I woke up, I took a shower and went down for breakfast. I took one bite of the organic waffles in the fridge and started gagging. The food had gone bad. I wondered what that smell was last night. At least it won't go completely to waste. I can compost it and use it in the garden.

I recycled all of the spoiled food and made a salad for brunch. Dad and I managed to sit down together and even had some conversation.
    c4e74b_a247261199f54aaf88ed19a28e42c1fc~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_58b08a57b4cb4f93a6e0e75a74ef06e1~mv2.jpg
    Dad: I'd like to go fishing this weekend.
    Loni: I've got too much gardening to do today, and I have prom tomorrow. We'll have to go on Thursday as there are teacher workshops that day.
    Dad: That sounds fine.

As soon as I finished eating, I started the laundry.

The new couch was delivered today. I paid §245 for it.

Angel caught a garter snake. I sold it for §6.

texansky: For some reason, when the washer started, she still had the dirty laundry in her hand. I reset her and she went back to normal, but now there is a big pile of Mount Washmore in the living room. She can't interact with it and I can't delete it in buy mode because it is currently in use? I actually had to use debug to move the laundry into the family inventory and use sell all to get rid of it.
    c4e74b_1a44d388e0ab42218183cd6dda8d456a~mv2.jpg

I worked on the garden and before I knew it, it was time for bed. I was in the basement, so I have no idea what Dad was up to during that time.

texansky: I selected replace on the chair, thinking the replacement would be a like-new item, but it only ended up in semi-better condition. It still had the duct tape on it. That set the family down §180. My bad! I cheated and put the §§ back. :wink:
    texansky: I also cheated and got the Pet Hygienator using buydebug and then replaced the §400 it cost. Angel got fleas and neither Fred nor Loni had a good enough relationship to bathe her yet. I hate seeing animals suffer. :frowning:

Piggybank: §647.

Week 2: Sunday

I had an electrician come out and rewire the downstairs lights. She moved two of the lights to better locations and added another light over the dining table. It's not so dark in here now. The new light cost §45 and another §75 for her time.

I want to buy Angel a cat condo and sell the scratching post and bed. She definitely deserves it. I don't have the simoleans to do it right now. Maybe she'll catch something worth enough to buy it later.

I have to water everything downstairs by hand. The sprinklers don't seem to be of any use down there. Dad offered to help. He says he's been feeling much better lately.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen him use his cane in three days. I should take him to the doctor and see if he's getting better. I'll make an appointment for Thursday afternoon. That way, we can still go fishing in the morning.

After lunch, I went back downstairs and found Dad harvesting the plants.

Loni: Dad, are you sure you should be doing that?
    c4e74b_63e3e2ade9724398a3ab0d718aec94f4~mv2.jpg
    Dad: Loni, I've got more energy than I have had in a long time. I'll be fine.
    Loni: Well, if you're sure.

It's 2:15. I should probably go get ready for prom. I can't wait! I wonder if I'll meet someone special tonight?

The toilet and shower are dirty. I'll have to clean them when I get home from prom if I'm not too tired.

Angel caught a garter snake and a water beetle today. This is the second snake she's found on the property. I sold it for §6. I'll keep the water beetle and donate it to the science lab along with the stag beetle she caught the other day.

Loni: Dad, I'm headed off to prom. I'll be back before curfew. Are you going to be all right?
    Dad: Stop worrying about me so much. I feel fine. I'm just going to finish picking these fruits and vegetables. Have a good time, sweetheart.
    Loni: Well, you do look a bit better. You're not so pale anymore. See you when I get back.

It's raining! Glad I bought those umbrellas after school on Friday. I hope my dress doesn't get ruined.
    c4e74b_3d07607d140f4c249618c8f616caba42~mv2.jpg

Oh my goodness! When they said they would pick me up, I didn't expect a limo. It's huge in here. There's a mini bar in here. I wonder if anyone would notice if I had a glass of wine?
    c4e74b_30ebde6eddc840e5a62f169a0f6b1c94~mv2.jpg

Why couldn't the driver drop me off closer to the entrance? Jerk!
    c4e74b_aaddc088862147ed85b5392d777ca942~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_fecd9ab4b39047929d3030e28a06e3c5~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_555d4f8ec7cd4312842b2f6c142adcaf~mv2.jpg

She's wearing my dress! The lady at SimTopic told me it was one of a kind. There's another one with my dress on! I'm going to give the lady at SimTopic a piece of my mind next time I go there.

I'm having a great time dancing. I'm glad I'm such a good dancer.

I can't stop looking at the lights. Are the aliens coming for me?

One of the girls with the same dress made a snide comment about mine. I wasn't having it. I told her to leave or change. She attacked me! Of course, I fought back. Everyone was gathered around us cheering us on. Naturally, I won.

I didn't let the fight bother me. I went right back to the dance floor and danced the night away.

The dance is over already? I didn't find anyone I wanted to date. I guess I better head home.

Connell and Chantrell Riffin didn't bother to dress up for prom. I wonder if they are too poor to afford clothes like that?
    c4e74b_972075e9a10a46abbe35f3304041b153~mv2.jpg

Well, apparently the limo driver decided he didn't need to take me home. I guess I'll have to take a taxi.
    c4e74b_018fa34a3c1f4aacaac4e915cc206383~mv2.jpg

One of the ghosts, Irene Rouses was outside when I got home. I think it's exciting to have ghosts on the property. I introduced myself.
    c4e74b_1ce168a883d549919373e31ad2ead202~mv2.jpg

It seems that they are a family, and apparently they died of blunt force trauma. I wonder if they were killed here? Maybe that's why they are hanging around.
    c4e74b_1756ef5f909943948560901e75345d34~mv2.jpg

Dad: You're back. Did you have a good time?
    Loni: I had a blast dancing. I didn't find anyone at the dance that I am interested in dating.
    Dad: You're too young to be thinking about that.
    Loni: Dad, I'm sixteen now. I'll be a young adult in less than a week.
    Dad: Where did the time go? My baby's growing up.
    c4e74b_76cfab4b338b4d38847810c813bcf5fc~mv2.jpg

Dad: Oh, we had a delivery today. A big chest of drawers for storing our produce, and another small chest for keeping our seeds to plant. They put them in the basement in the garden room.
    c4e74b_e825dce0c9064c71ace6297984abf861~mv2.jpg
    Loni: Oh, no! I forgot that I ordered them. Did you have enough to pay for them?
    c4e74b_afacb2b7eb794c85942aeafc0b157ac6~mv2.jpg
    Dad: We did. They were §190 and the delivery was free. You need to curb your spending, Loni.
    c4e74b_03824876fd12452d870f6d05bb2aefbb~mv2.jpg

Loni: You're right, Dad. I'll try to be more frugal in the future. But that couch is nice, and it was on sale.

It finally stopped raining. Dad and I are on the porch enjoying the fresh air. I wish we had enough simoleans for another rocking chair. Dad is always hogging that one.
    c4e74b_a1fa31738d2c4d00b472ed29a3ae71b1~mv2.jpg
    Final Piggybank balance: §343.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Turjan Keeping you in my thoughts. :heart:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @texansky thank you.

Bonnie unfortunately didn't have access to a shower. I put two near where she died after the event. I also discovered she was on the same level as their swimming pool and could have walked through one of several doors and extinguished herself in the pool. Unfortunately I was confused as I hadn't played her household for at least 2 years so she died. I thought about shutting down without saving but then I had been about to save as several of the boarding school sims had just completed reading all their books and were ready to start moving back to their homes in Moonlight Falls. So I decided to go with Bonnie's accident. I can revive her later if I need to but having her as a ghost might be an interesting story line. I'll see how things go.

Wow! You remember Felix. That's amazing. I didn't think anyone would remember him. Unfortunately he didn't make it into the video. I got some video of him but I was trying to get the video to a point where sims were leaving for home and didn't quite get to that point. So that'll have to happen in the next episode. I'm sure Oscar will come across him in his home world one day.

I didn't check Kim Faulk's traits. He now lives alone and he was out interacting with other sims I had put into the world. I just grabbed him for long enough to get his screen shot. I activated his household because I wasn't able to save my game without getting Error 12 and I really didn't want to have to redo all of what had just happened in game since the previous save. And I was interested to find out more about where Kirsten came from. Fortunately I managed to get a screenshot of him and saved the game successfully. I find sometimes/often I will be able to save if I change from a complex or overstuffed household to a very simple household when trying to avoid Error 12.

About the imaginary friends. By default the chance of any child getting an Imaginary Friend at birth is 75%. So unless you use NRAAS mod and change that to a different number most babies born will get an IF at birth but not all. (I think it's returner but it starts with an r)

I have such fun with Imaginary Friends that I've changed that 75% to 100% so all of my babies born to the active household will get an IF at birth. Lots of people hate the IFs so they change it to 0%. I changed the chance of getting abducted by aliens to 0% in my Perfect Genetics challenge when the household was suffering from unrelenting abductions and alien pregnancies.

I use S3PE to extract package files. There is some info available in it on what the files are, I think. I haven't used it for a few years now so I'm a little hazy on it all. Once I've extracted them all for multiple Sims3Pack files I use S3PE to combine them into a single Package file.

I just put the hex files into a folder and sort them. They always seem to me to be sorted in alpha numeric order. It doesn't convert the letters to values.

There are 4 playlists associated with Oscar and Louise. The original game started when I set up my new computer in 2017 and made a few Base Game only sims for the Exchange when I had only the base game installed on the computer. I think I made about 8 sims. They are in the Sims 3 Household Exchange thread on this forum - pinned to the top. I did that because people were asking for Base Game only sims for use in Worlds they were putting onto the Exchange. I don't know if any of mine were ever used for that purpose.

I decided to test one of the sims from that group by playing with it for a short game. I chose Oscar. Then after a while I added Louise to his household and they turned out to be hysterically funny together. And then they married and started having babies. Now I was using mods and could have more than 8 sims in a household I decided this pair could have 15 babies (which is a requirement of a badge that I already had). After a while the babies tended to look like or Louise or Oscar. I started thinking how could I get more variation into them. And I felt frustrated with just sharing screen shots of their antics. I felt most of the amusement value was lost so I thought I'd make a video series on them.

Then I decided I'd add some extra variety to their offspring if they each had parents. So I made parents for Louise. I actually used a mod to show me the numbers for every aspect of the original Louise's face and wrote them down. The parents I made for her are an interesting couple. A devious manipulative evil mother and a father who finds life is more peaceful if he just focuses on going to work and spending as little time at home with the family as he can possible manage to get away with.

At the time I was playing around with making dive lots and I managed to add a very little dive lot to Riverview.

Louise's father went scuba diving there, and I think Louise might have done a bit of that too.

Louise was one of a pair of twins. I think they were born identical. But Louise was the first born and I took her into CAS and changed her facial features to exactly replicate the original Louise. So the Louise in the video series is not the Sim I made for the Exchange. She is a born in game sim made to look exactly like the sim I put onto the Exchange. The thing is though we can see her growing up from baby to Young Adult.

I think there are about 4 videos of her birth and growing up years and they are in the playlist 'Oscar and Louise'. The first 4 episodes in that playlist are about Oscar's background and then I did 4 episodes on Louise's background. I had no intention of making a series on Oscar's Childhood. But I felt Oscar's story could be more interesting so before I got them together I made a short episode on Oscar with his parents and siblings. That turned into a series 'Oscar's Childhood'. We don't see Oscar as a baby. He's a child when the series starts. I made his parents and older siblings and then I got the original Oscar and aged him down to child. Now he's growing up as the star of a video series about him.

There is another playlist 'Oscar and Louise - short Outtakes' where I put some fun videos of bits that didn't make it into the story videos. I've only got 2 videos in there.

Oscar's Childhood grew and it is much longer than the original plan of about 4 episode. There are 28 episodes and that includes a few episodes on Eric's story.

Now Oscar has aged up to teen and I've started a new playlist on Oscar's Teen Years. I plan for Oscar and Eric to visit all of Eric's relations. Since his grandmother, Patience, was the first sim I used to try for the badge to have 15 children, and Eric is one of her grandchildren, Eric comes from a family with a large number of aunts, uncles and cousins. I decided to add Eric's little sister, Susanne to the duo to make it a threesome. Susanne is still a child but she's going to be meeting her cousins, aunts and uncles too. That is the series I'm working on now. It has one episode and I've just posted the video for episode 2. It is about Oscar's Teen Years (or the Adventures of Oscar, Eric and Susanne). I plan for Oscar to come across Louise by accident after he ages up to Young Adult and is making his way to glory in his chosen career of Rock Star.

About my internet issues. The operator of the national internet network here has been in so much trouble for wrecking people's businesses that it has become a huge political problem. Australia is famous for having the worst internet in the world. There was lots of hype about the government providing us with the best and fastest internet and everyone was to have access to it. Then we got connected eventually. And the internet either slowed down dramatically or stopped working altogether. It was compulsory to join the new network because the old working network was removed. This included landline telephone access.

Lots of businesses went out of business due to having lost access to internet and telephones because of the botched new connections. The problem appeared to be caused by a change of government. The incoming government decided to save some money and decided to do only half a job. They put in the new network but kept the old technology to connect the new network to people's homes and businesses.

Then the organisation given the job to do the work on providing the new network and connecting it to homes and businesses decided to pay contractors close to negative amounts to do the work. They were going broke and doing very botched jobs when they did anything resulting in the mess. They were trying to get the connections done in as close as possible to the time they were being paid to do them.

Now new contractors have been employed to fix the mess and they are finding scrambled bunches of wires, often under water, that should be organised and dry to provide a working connection. Problem is these new contractors are paying less than peanuts and they are finding it more lucrative to just sit at home and earning nothing. This is because it is costing them so much more to do the job required of them than they are getting paid for doing it that doing the job is costing them their homes and businesses. So they are doing a lot of protest and there have been enquiries and lots on the news about the issues. Meanwhile the big bosses are paying themselves massive salaries and the people doing the work are not being paid properly.

There has been a shakeup over the past few years. I've noticed my internet speed has improved a bit lately. I'm not sure if they are going to do more work on my connection or if they have done it. I definitely don't have lightning fast internet. Maybe more improvements are still to come. There is an election coming up here soon. I'm thinking that phone call I got was probably politically motivated. Or maybe there will be a day still to come when I won't have an internet connection while they actually fix the physical connection from the network to my house. Time will tell.
    Oscar's Teen Years Episode 2 is now available for you to watch. It sure took long enough to load and process. I don't know exactly when it was finally finished but it was still processing at 81% when I turned my computer off last night. So it would have been over 24 hours to load and process. I hope it's worth it.

It is available in HD so that'll probably explain why it took so long to load and process. The file size I loaded was about 3 times the size it would have been if I'd loaded it as SD.

https://youtu.be/LIn9a4H61lc

I've got two alternate titles and we'll see how the story develops to find out which one is more appropriate. I'm thinking the main title will probably be 'The Adventures of Oscar, Eric and Susanne'.

In this episode we meet the 19 occupants of the boarding school. We see them interact and get up to all sorts of activities - some are things I've told them to do and some are what I unexpectedly come across them doing.

There are very brief visits to all three World Adventure Worlds, otherwise we stay at the boarding school in Moonfall Island throughout in this episode.

I hope you enjoy the video
    edited February 2022
    I'm having a bit of a rant at myself here - I didn't actually make a big mess of things but I did make myself a lot of extra work that I'm going to have to fix up before I can continue with Oscar's story.

It's all about my spreadsheet that I use to keep track of all of the sims. I need it to make sure I can return the boarding school residents to their homes when they are ready to go home.

Well, I haven't touched this game or the spreadsheet for a couple of years. And since I did episode 1 of 'Oscar's Teen Years' - or 'the adventures of Oscar, Eric and Susanne' I added a heap of new worlds to the game. I had to do this because the game was getting totally unplayable due to overpopulation of several worlds. For example, Sunlit Tides didn't have any spare lots or houses. I was shoving more than one family into a lot. They needed separate homes. The computer/game was struggling with all of the sims. So I moved a heap of sims out of a heap of worlds.

In episode 3, which I have started work on, I sent Oscar and Eric to Moonlight Falls boarding school with Erica Wolff and her children Wilhemina and Gator. And I sent Gregg Craig (Watson) with them as my spreadsheet says that's where his family is. Well, I had no problem returning the Wolff family to their home. I needed to extend it a bit to get them all to fit but all is good for them now. Erica has a teenaged son there who didn't get to boarding school yet but I decided not to bother with him for now. He may get there at some point or he may just age up to YA without learning much more than he already knows.

I found the Craig house with Gregg's parents' names on it and all but it was empty. There was no sign of them in the world. So, it dawned on me that I'd probably moved them out to another world - but which one?

I looked at my save file and found several worlds that are not mentioned in my spreadsheet.

The worlds in the save now are:
    Barnacle Bay
    Bellatrix - NEW (not in spreadsheet but I remember moving sims to it)
    Cake Island - (this is why I can't put the 30 Grandchildren families into the big game and have them live in Cake Island. I'll have to add a new world for them)
    China - World Adventures
    Chocolate Cake Island
    Cotes d'Ambonnay - (too hard to video sims at home in this world as all houses are very tiny so I'll be moving any sims living there out to other worlds)
    Dark Harbor (this is where the McFluff Story main characters are currently living)
    Dragon Valley
    Egypt - World Adventures
    Erewhon - where Oscar used to live with his original family before the meteors destroyed everything
    France - World Adventures
    Glenvale County - NEW (not in spreadsheet but I remember moving sims to it)
    Grey Meadow Islands - NEW (not in spreadsheet but I remember moving sims to it)
    Hidden Springs - This is where Old Gertie McFluff started out and still lives. Oscar and Louise belong here too. It's not in the Oscar videos yet but will play a big part in his story once he becomes a YA.
    Isle of Sims III - NEW (not in spreadsheet but I remember moving sims to it)
    Legacy Island III - not exactly new but I emptied it of everyone a long time ago and now I think I might have moved a few sims back there.
    Lucky Palms
    Moonfall Island
    Moonlight Falls
    Norbrewych - NEW (not in spreadsheet but I remember moving sims to it)
    Sunlight Tides

So, between now and when I do the next episode I'm probably going to have to fully update my spreadsheet to include all sims in all worlds. That might take a year or two so I'll have to manage the best I can.

I already have almost enough recorded for Episode 3. But I can't return Gregg to his family so he'll go back to Moonfall Island until I can work that out. But I started my census in Moonlight Falls and found a few young sims in desperate need of an education so I'll quickly work on them and stay in Moonlight Falls for a bit longer.

I think I'll take Isabel as the travelling sim while I go searching for Gregg's parents and everyone else I need to find. I don't want Oscar and Eric and Susanne to become elders while I do this with them. They will only age while they are in an active world. I do have base camps in most of the worlds. And I added lots of new sims that were not already in the game as I did this.

Gregg has his father and their Plumbot ebony in his relationship panel. I tried getting him to ring his father but wasn't allowed to because he didn't know this celebrity well enough. He was able to chat with the Plumbot but this didn't help discover which world the household now lives in.

When I start Isabel on her travels I will only take her to the new worlds I've added to the game but not the spreadsheet. I'll gradually update other worlds as Oscar visits them.

Another thing I discovered. There were missing sims from Moonlight Falls. I consulted my spreadsheet and discovered that I had left sims behind in the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island. I do remember it was overcrowded and the game was having big problems so I probably left a few students behind until I moved a few out of the Moonfall Island boarding school. I have 19 in Moonfall Island boarding school before moving the Wolff family out. I'll have to send Isabel or Elouise to Chocolate Cake Island to try to collect the resto of the young sims from there and move them to Moonfall Island so they can complete their education and go home to their families.
    Has anyone had problems with their poses showing wrong thumbnails? Like the description doesn't match the image?
    Turjan wrote: »
    Hello everyone, thank you very much for all for the comments already. My mind is a bit preoccupied with current events at the moment, given the Ukrainian border is located 270 miles east of my house. I just can't concentrate on any Sims stuff at the moment. Let's hope I'll see the Sims as a useful distraction again soon :smile: .

To make this post not a complete waste of space, here's Ethan visiting Tiara Angelista.
    2DUApov.jpg

Stay safe! So sorry everything is happening around you :(

Just a few comments below.

@GraceyManor
    I thought it might be Ethan. If not, it had to be his twin. :tongue:

@Silverofdreams30
    You did a great job on the photo shoot. The poses look so natural. I :heart: the guy with the heart hands!

@Karritz
    Thanks for the detailed background on Oscar and Louise. You've got me up to speed on the progression of the videos.
    ---
    I guess you can hope that they are planning on fixing it and not just using it to get elected/reelected.
    ---
    Wow, you've got a big job ahead of you. Hopefully, you can find Gregg's family soon.
    ---
    I tend to play one family at a time. I can't even imagine the work it would take to track that many Sims.

And on another note: I'm so excited! :love:

I had a delivery this afternoon that I had to sign for. And then I had to go to work and wait until I got home to open it.

My new laptop arrived! So far, I've installed Chrome, logged in to my google account so I will have all of my bookmarks, connected to Facebook, and set it as my home page.

The next thing I did was install Office 2007 and VNC viewer which allows me to control any computer in the house with whichever computer I happen to be working on.

Finally, I'm installing Sims 3! Origin is installed and just now finished installing the game, expansion packs, and stuff packs. I was debating whether to reinstall all of the store content but decided I will just copy my store install folder from my external drive into the Sims 3 folder on my new laptop.

But that will have to wait. Hubby is connecting Google Drive and doing his hocus-pocus on it right now. He's the computer guru in this household and I bow to his expertise.

Once I get the store file on the new laptop, I've got to track down all the Exchange Sims, lots, worlds, and who knows what else to install again. I've stored copies of a lot of them on my external drive, so that may not take long.

And he's done! While I'm waiting for the files to copy, I'm going to head over to @Karritz's youtube channel on my old laptop and watch some videos.

I may not be back here for a while. :smiley:
    edited February 2022
    @texansky

Thank you, its fun testing new poses.
    Sometimes they look weird in game but these I found was great. Enjoyed your recent updates too.
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @bekkasan Thanks, I am feeling much better now. I played my game yesterday, but any update is not ready yet. It's a little tricky to stay away from keeping updated on current events..

@texansky Thanks for the comment. No Palash does not have the absent minded trait, I think him getting up so early thinking he should go to work is a bug in the game...

Oh, and the "Nils Frogner" / taxi scenario did not really have me laughing.. but what can I do? When weird things like that keep happening in game.....

I am doing just fine with the covid right now, I am feeling much better, thanks.

Oh yeah, the situation in Ukraine is really concerning.. I could say a lot about my opinions here about a certain "political" figure, but it could quickly get inappropriate for this forum! So I won't do that.. but yeah.. I want it to stop, and certainly not escalate obviously! Of course I wish that everyone is safe, but.. I don't know what else to say... :pensive:

Divide by zero is an interaction that came with University Life that causes the sim asked to catch fire.. probably from thinking to hard..

@Turjan You are in Austria, right? Yeah, I think most people in Europe are now concerned about this to varying degrees... I hope it ends soon in the best possible way.. the guy is just nuts!

Anyway, that is a pretty hot picture you got there. ;)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton

After their little rolling around in the bed, Dawn gets up and tells Elaine that she needs to leave as she has overstayed her visiting for the day, so Elaine apologizes and heads on out to the stairs to leave when Nathan gets up and starts picking up their clothes to take downstairs.
    Hd1BsS1l.jpg
    fGLZdlfl.jpg
    5j6mNxOl.jpg

Elaine heads out the door and runs home to her and her dad's house just right up the road from Dawn's and Nathan's house.
    x0jQ17wl.jpg

The sheep are in their shelter as it started to rain.
    9XdEPy4l.jpg

Nathan and Dawn meet downstairs where they talk about the night sky and flirt with one another before heading upstairs to go outside on the upper deck to watch the stars.
    FFq6Zonl.jpg
    NCdpo5Vl.jpg
    ExW35Jel.jpg
    rcz4dyul.jpg
    I5WSwCAl.jpg
    sUv7GP3l.jpg

Nathan and Dawn went back downstairs and started flirting with one another again as well as Nathan doing a dip kiss with Dawn. These 2 sure love each other.
    6I3mTi2l.jpg
    poHsPY0l.jpg

Dawn goes out to the kitchen to fix a salad while Nathan goes upstairs to go to bed.
    oiTz1ptl.jpg

Dawn is thrilled to be eating salad as that is her favorite food.
    TF15IfCl.jpg

Dawn cleaning up her dirty dishes before heading up to use the toilet and to take a bath before heading off to bed for the night.
    cBGTQ2ll.jpg
    mVoLWagl.jpg
    fcAXarkl.jpg
    s6Oom1gl.jpg
    cqBARhZl.jpg
    eFsEPEWl.jpg
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

I updated my medieval story. Link in my signature :)
    51905262641_394eac386a_k.jpg
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
    edited February 2022
    @Turjan Stay safe, I didn´t know you lived that close to the war zone.

@Silverofdreams30 Great looking photos! I like the picture of the sim making a heart with his fingers.

Schtick - Tex family grew a little, 6 children now. 4 boys and two girls. Handy considering they are populating an entire world together with the Eyre - Septik and the Treave - Sprinkle family. :D

51905822913_59cb31add8_h.jpg
    @ZhakiraP

Great photo,
    and thank you.

Eyre - Septik family, Anne is pregnant.
    51906060096_faec945e78_h.jpg

And the Treave - Sprinkle family.
    51906144138_3f5e6da16b_h.jpg