Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most memorable bad moments of The Sims 4.

What are some of the most memorable bad moments of the franchise you can remember ? I know it's a little negative but some of these have been quite fun too.

1. My first pet stuff
2. Journey to Batuu
3. Base game with no pools/toddlers
4. Broken Wedding game pack

Comments

• sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    The toddler ball pit that looked like a bowl of cereal.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Most memorable for 'the franchise' might be a thread better served in the franchise discussion section rather than TS4 one. The body of your post says "franchise" but the subject line says "Sims 4"...so I will do both.

My most memorable bad moments would be:
    1. Watching the population of all of my neighborhoods slowly get turned into Vampires after installing The Sims 2: Nightlife. Still goes down as the worst memory of all sims games to date for me. Fortunately there was a mod to fix the issue eventually, but it didn't save the many scores of sims that had already been turned.
    2. Having a save game that was several years old get destroyed by save corruption in TS3. I still haven't forgiven TS3 for that and it was a real issue for many players.

Honestly, TS4 hasn't produced any moments as memorably negative as those two events. Although to this day I still laugh about the Vampire plague of TS2, so at least bad memories have turned into something to laugh about.

For TS4, the only thing I'd put on my list is this recent Wedding Pack release. I haven't had any major negative memories beside that one so far...and that hasn't been particularly negative, so I doubt it will be 'memorable' long term (for me). Release without toddlers was definitely not-great, but it was redeemed after they gave us the best toddlers in the franchise history.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    edited February 2022
    These aren't features I personally had an issue with but they did cause distress in the community.

No doghouses in C&D
    No other pets in C&D
    Snow depth in Seasons
    Small world Get Famous
    No sheep, goats, pigs in Cottage Living
    No chef career in Dine Out
    No open world
    No color wheel
    Story driven gameplay in Strangerville
    Introduction of kits
    No bowling alley lot type
    No burglars
    Adult sized teens
    Bassinet babies

Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Wretched beyond belief and not fit for purpose autonomy on TS4. Nothing will ever change my mind about the subject, it's my nemesis in game and i'll fight the battle, anywhere at any time with it.

Anniversary gift a few years ago that contained a few music tracks for a radio and a repainted hot tub from another pack.
    That to me is still unforgivable, especially considering EA's previous anniversaries i wasn't around for but they offered a lot more including a free copy of TS4 for a limited time and a complete TS2.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Journey to Batuu, it's the worst thing to happen in my whole time playing the Sims and I've been playing since the Sims 1. :D
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    When the first Sims 4 game came out and I realized there were no toddlers.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I haven't had any problems with the wedding pack, or any others for that matter....that is, except for Eco. I would consider that the worst TS4 moment, because it wasn't just a few people having problems with it, it was everyone.

They've fixed it now through various patches, but it was a bug-laden catastrophe for quite a while.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,185 Member
    My bad moment was getting a country style ep without horses.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    My bad moment was getting a country style ep without horses.

Oh, sheezus, I should have put that on my list too. Though, to be fair, I'm disappointed with every pack released that doesn't have horses...it doesn't need to have a country theme at all. :lol:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    • That bug where all the male sims jog in feminine style. Well now it's fixed.
    • the release of the broken bunk beds. At least now it's fixed.
    • The broken stupid dust kit. At least MOST OF IT are now fixed. Still needs fixes though.
    • The revelation of kits.
    • Kits.

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited February 2022
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Wretched beyond belief and not fit for purpose autonomy on TS4. Nothing will ever change my mind about the subject, it's my nemesis in game and i'll fight the battle, anywhere at any time with it.

Anniversary gift a few years ago that contained a few music tracks for a radio and a repainted hot tub from another pack.
    That to me is still unforgivable, especially considering EA's previous anniversaries i wasn't around for but they offered a lot more including a free copy of TS4 for a limited time and a complete TS2.

The 15th anniversary, which the gurus on the forums actually were hyping up a bit, turned out to be a trailer. That's it. An ad.

However, they actually released this in the toddler pack:

DHiVSN7WsAEJPCI.jpg

It took a few weeks for them to release the current version.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    The 15th anniversary, which the gurus on the forums actually were hyping up a bit, turned out to be a trailer. That's it. An ad.

Wish i could say that it's a surprise, but in the end that's just sad. Their service in the end.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited February 2022
    NAPs from Eco living.
    I disliked them so much I uninstalled the pack, only to put it back when others reassured me I could work around them.
    I still hate NAPS.

No... I hate the NAPs EA created. The idea itself is rather cool.

I like Journey to Batuu, but it could have been so much better.
    It's too repetitive and limited. Not being able to work in game play from other packs seems so anti-Sims.
    I had to build a guest room below the cantina. That made it a lot more fun than having them retire to a rabbit hole.

The wedding pack.
    I am not touching that one. I don't want it replacing the base game wedding.
    Why buy something that is worse than what we already have?

Bust the Dust.
    What would make me actually buy a kit is more game play.
    Too bad they messed up game play kits with that one. And of course it looks like EA chose the greedy profit-centered approach by not making anymore game play kits.

Oops.
    I forgot the big one:
    TS4 Base Game.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    My personal list:

- No swimming pools in basegame
    - Expensive day one dlc (animal hats, tiki bar) and the first SPs weren't much better
    - Culling (Oh, yes, that is in the game, no, we didn't think about telling you in advance, also it is for your own good)
    - The generational gameplay destroying jaws/eyes CAS bug

- Disturbing pet death animations
    - Unwillingness to adapt Brindleton Bay and Windenburg to swimming/sailing (yes, that would break saves, but they could simply copy those two worlds, update them and then offer the copys as dlc - I'd pay full SP prize for that)
    - Eco's NAPs forcing sims to act autonomously despite Free Will off (that was gamebreaking for me)
    - Batuu not being a spin off but a GP
    - Bust the Dust's issues discouraging the devs from releasing more gameplay kits
    - Neighborhood stories releasing unfinished and without an off switch
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    "Sharing is caring" NAP is the worst one in my opinion.
    Second one is that the gardening bug is still happening even if they told us that it's fixed. Apparently it's fixed in their opinion, but it's not in my game. :/

• KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    For me, it was the moment when I first played the Sims 4 and discovered how much of the base game had been taken out compared to the previous version.
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    The state of the base game at release
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Tuning for horses found in the code before Cats and Dogs released and still no Horses Pack to date. 🤧
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited February 2022
    The moment I played TS4 base game for the first time in April 2021. I lost interest in just ONE day. Then again I already had quite negative expectations and I got the base game for free so I couldn't be too mad about it. Also, all the DLC happened to be on sale at the same time so I proceeded to buy packs that catered to my interest. The game got WAY more enjoyable after that.

Overall I don't really have memorable bad moments for TS4. Mostly because I'm very picky now and kind of "can't be disappointed if I already expect it". I might have several overall grievances about the game but there's practically no area in which I'd feel disappointment because my "expectations weren't met". (E.g. I knew TS4 release game was trash so I didn't buy it.) Most of the bad stuff I already knew beforehand and could alleviate by my own actions like not buying at all, only buying during sales or by making sure there's mods fixing those issues. For example: I only bought Realm of Magic after I made sure there's functional mods to make Spellcasters more challenging.

BUT if considering the whole franchise then definitely Pets in Sims 2. That's legit the only pack I regret buying (paid full price). It caused plenty of issues and general annoyances like flashing blue accessories, lag and insanely dominating pet wants. I was also very disappointed with the content itself. I love pets irl and I wasn't expecting anything more than pets (had no issues with the lack of other items) but since the pack was only about the animals, I expected them to be way more complex with their personalities and behavior. Instead they felt very limited. For example: what kind of dog doesn't give a rat's behind when a burglar "visits" your house? "Who cares, I'll just keep chewing on this toy", says the TS2 dog. I also tried to recreate my IRL dog and she was just a sad shadow of herself.
    While I don't think TS4 iteration is worth the full price (definitely not) I still think they did cats and dogs way better.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    The dysfunctional Sims3. I had to load it up with Twallen's mods, about twenty+ of them just to stabilize the game. I play on a gaming rig, mind you. While I liked what they tried to do, they're going to have to build a better engine, so to speak.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Back in 2014 when the game was released, the base game was so bad honestly

When I discovered mods, they were a lifesaver to have fun in the game

When I started doing something interesting with the game, like making designs of my story on it

Those mods like height slider and unlock hidden objects, they are very good

Probably unpopular opinion, the star wars dlc, I'm not interested on its gameplay, but I love the steampunk objects and outfits it has, they're perfect for my fantasy and steampunk designs

When I decided to not play it anymore, just build houses and create sims and stories with it, lol
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited February 2022
    No CASt ability and no editable worlds!

To this day, that irks me to no end! I could handle the no CASt better, but the fact we can't change the worlds as we want, after all this time, is just a fatal flaw to me. I thought for sure, after the release they would give us the tools to be able to edit it how we wanted, or a blank slate world we could set our own backdrop skybox surround and build where we wanted

But ............NOPE! "Play with Life!" was their motto (And it teeny tiny letters it should have said but only in the world we envisioned.)
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    When a groom laughed himself to death on the wedding night. 🙄 I mean, can you imagine being the surviving spouse? People have died on their wedding night, but not from laughter when they saw Wee Willy Winkie 🤣
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Ok there have been times I wasn't active in the community at all and only joined around the time cats and dogs was releasing so some moments I missed.

- Worst have been this latest pack and the Russia situation.

- When there was a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that was a game changer and the whole situation caused us to switch community managers and idk some gurus changed how active they were in the community.

- Eco Lifestyle, ppl were expecting farming and yeah...

- My first pet stuff

Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    edited February 2022
    This dress...enough said :D
    (But...my character Art that I made here can absolutely pull it off! And look stunning! I love them :heart: )
    mY56Ypw.png