Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    No online dating. Still No Dating App — they teased us with Simder in Movie Hangout how long ago… Still no nectar making. And No new woohoo spots in the romance themed town. Big fail. I would have just like to woohoo in the waterfalls in Tartosa. Another beautiful town that is too small and not much to do…. Why didnt we get Mediterranean food stalls? This pack makes little sense. Which all makes me disappointed because I LOVE the look and vibe of Tartosa.

I'm extremely disappointed by the lack of attention to detail in this pack. I agree, we should have Mediterranean food. It makes no sense that the food is all Asian themed. I understand that they were trying to cover multiple cultures for the wedding. However, I feel like this could've been a stuff pack without a world. All they needed to give us were the lot type, the decorations, the clothing, and the new animations for dancing, ceremony, and toast. The new world should've been reserved for a different pack, and it should've been better planned. It is a beautiful world for the most part. I feel like I'm one of the few people who loathes the look of that weird lover tree. It is so ugly to me. Everything here feels cobbled together and half baked.

I am so disappointed, too. I've been wanting better weddings for so long, and we have a pack that doesn't even work right. I won't buy it because I don't want the weddings we already had to be ruined. My legacy family has remained unplayed for months because I've been waiting for a generations pack, a teen pack, or a wedding pack to add more depth to their lives. Sigh. So, here I am... still waiting...
  • IblisTriggerIblisTrigger Posts: 31 Member
    If the game pack was Vampires, I would be very angry because it's a new feature.

Wedding is already in the basegame, this pack isn't my highest priority.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    EA, the Sims team, the SimGurus are so quiet. The silence is getting louder.

Ea probably is waiting and hoping the sim community will forget.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    My game playing never ever had proper weddings in over 7 years. I just get my couples a wedding arch on their lot, have them wear their formal wear & elope. It's always worked for me.
    And personally, I love the beautiful Tartosa World. ;)
    They protect themselves and let the wave of anger fade like Batuu.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member

No, honestly they're not. 🙂
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member

But we have no way of knowing what they are doing since they are so silent on this and other important topics.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member

My theory is that they're working on a pack with huge fan demand to make it up to people. Like how the announcement of kits was covered up by bunkbeds, IIRC. Has the time of dragons finally come upon us?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    Don't know if any of these things have been said yet (there are a LOT of comments on this thread), but even if they already have, I'd like to lend my voice. Beyond the fixing of the obvious, numerous bugs, I'd like to see the following updates/changes/mods made to this pack:

1. Re-enable venue types we used to have as options for weddings. This pack has made it so that the ONLY places you can throw a wedding are private homes, designated wedding venues, parks, and beaches. That's it. The Chalet Gardens from Get Together aren't even available anymore, and they have an unalterable wedding spot in the world, for crying out loud! Plus we have nearly eight years' worth of builders' lovely wedding museums, lounges, etc. I am begging you, devs: bring our old options back!
    2. Add restaurants as an option for engagement dinners and rehearsal dinners, please! Those events contain the word "dinner"! In fact, restaurants don't seem to be an option for any of the new wedding events at all, even though many of them list options of other pack-specific venues like cafes, karaoke bars, and even community spaces. It's like the devs just straight-up forgot Dine Out exists when doing cross-pack compatibility.
    3. Extend the spoil timer on wedding cakes so they don't spoil within a day and become useless at the ceremony. In fact, if we're going to get to pick them in advance, I'd like them to last a week.

Are you sure about that? I mean I hope it's not true and they would respond.With a new patch on the works.It a also posabliaty they will announce something else.Hoping people will forget.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member

Are you sure about that? I mean I hope it's not true and they would respond.With a new patch on the works.It a also posabliaty they will announce something else.Hoping people will forget.

I didn't say they would respond. Just that the Sims team is not hoping this will all blow over and be forgotten.

I didn't say they would respond. Just that the Sims team is not hoping this will all blow over and be forgotten.

I didn't mean the sims team.I was saying EA
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    edited February 2022
    So true @lunaoddity...feels like extra salt on my wedding wounds. This is a theme I wanted because I have weddings frequently in my game but I won't buy the pack this broken.

I wonder how long it took to fix Eco Lifestyle bugs, hopefully these fixes come by the next sale.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited February 2022
    I don't think the Sims team is allowed to say anything, since it's probably EA who decided to rush this pack to be released too early.

We should really get an apology from the EA manager who runs the Sims team. Or from Andrew Wilson himself.

If you know anyone who runs a Gaming News Publication, I'm sure they'd love to write or record a video about this disaster of a pack! Then that would really get them in hot water.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    So true @lunaoddity...feels like extra salt on my wedding wounds. This is a theme I wanted because I have weddings frequently in my game but I won't buy the pack this broken.

I'm the same way. I love throwing wedding parties. I'm not paying for a broken update pack that needs mods and workarounds to function. Leave me with my lesser Base Game weddings and mods to enhance it.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member

In James Turner's recent video, he was having issues with celebrities and community wedding venues.

Both paparazzi and fans will follow celebrities around, take pictures and faint too - in other words, completely ruining the wedding. I remember in the Sims 3, I would often use the park as a wedding venue, and could select a private venue to avoid any paparazzi crashing the wedding. Since I don't have My Wedding Stories, can anyone who has the pack confirm if this is an option or not?

Seems like a huge oversight. I assume the same thing would happen if the sim getting married was also an established celebrity.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

And they are not wrong. They'll come back in a few months with another pack and everybody will forget!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • PhobostimePhobostime Posts: 38 Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > No, honestly they're not. 🙂

What do you know that we don't? Please enlighten us :-)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member

I was worried last year that it felt like Maxis was focusing more on making stuff like clothes and build/buy items and focusing less on development... and this video only confirms it.

A lot of people working on art, and only 15 people worked on engineering and only 8 on QA and bug fixing?

And with a team like that, they wanted to make complicated weddings in the sims4 engine?

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Plumbeeb wrote: »

In James Turner's recent video, he was having issues with celebrities and community wedding venues.

Both paparazzi and fans will follow celebrities around, take pictures and faint too - in other words, completely ruining the wedding. I remember in the Sims 3, I would often use the park as a wedding venue, and could select a private venue to avoid any paparazzi crashing the wedding. Since I don't have My Wedding Stories, can anyone who has the pack confirm if this is an option or not?

Seems like a huge oversight. I assume the same thing would happen if the sim getting married was also an established celebrity.

My celebrity wedding was a comedy of errors. My bride walked down the aisle with fans falling at her feet and paparazzi's snapping pictures. Now I know why stars try to hide their wedding venues. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Maybe the QA team is working on a major update (Pronoun, lore overhaul, cars ?) or just the next EP.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top