Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Answers HQ broken?

mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
I guess this is the wrong place to post this but...
About 2 weeks ago I stopped being able to use answers.ea.com.

Clicking "Sign In" or "Register" at top right does nothing (link is clickable but nothing happens)
Clicking the large "Answers HQ" at top left gives a screen that says "Featured Boards", but no boards listed; a world map saying "29 million users around the globe"; and a button at bottom saying "Join the community now". Clicking "Join the community now" causes a reload of the same page.
The "All Boards" link at top left is not clickable.
"About AHQ" does lead to the Getting Started info screen correctly.

Not sure where to report a bug that prevents me from getting to the bug reporting site...

PS I'm on a Mac with Safari browser, Version 15.2 (16612.3.6.1.8, 16612)

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited February 2022
    I’m not near my computer to check, but I’m able to sign in ok with Safari on my iPhone. Is there not a link that just says “help” at the bottom? I would think that is the link you’d need.. do you have another device to try it on?

Edit: did you try clearing cookies/cache etc.? also if you have the website favorites/bookmarked it can sometime cause this issue, so try typing in the address instead if that’s the case.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    I have no problem signing into AHQ with this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Ok thanks for the feedback, I guess I will have to try contacting them directly through the help center.
    In case anyone is having the same problem, installing the Chrome browser was the workaround suggested by tech support, and it works for me.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    It works in Firefox too (at least for me it does). In case any Mac users who read this thread want an alternative other than Chrome.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I'm using Chrome and I'm having no trouble with Answers HQ. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    @mightysprite I'm on a Mac and Safari, and it stopped working for me as well. Thanks for the tip about Chrome. I'll give that a try. I hope EA fixes whatever is causing it to bug out on Safari though.
    Just coming back to say that Answers HQ is now working again on Safari :)
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    @mightysprite Thanks for the update! I just checked it out, and works for me again too. <3