Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Did You Know Thread

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
This thread is to put info on the pack in cause some simmers may not know.

Did You Know?

With My Wedding Stories GP sims are no longer limited to cutting cake and feeding cake at weddings. You can also feed cake to partner when you buy it from the cake food stall.

Saw this in Pixelade's Wedding Disater Video.

To throw bouquets at the Wedding you need to pick the sim to throw it to.

Comments

• TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Did you know? The Thebe premade family are descendants of Princess Cordelia and her third husband. There is also a painting from base game that features a location Princess Cordelia visited and it is almost identical to Tartosa.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Did you know? The message in a bottle collection features letters from the premade families of Tartosa as well as letters from past premade Sims. There is a letter by Guidry where he admits he had an affair with Bonehilda who is retconned to be Temperance's sister.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited February 2022
    Did you know?

Our sims can also draw in the sand in Sulani.

Mermaids can swim in Tartosa

Sims can kiss in water in Tartosa

Sims can swim on they're back in Tartosa

Sims can't bathe or woohoo under the waterfalls in Tartosa. For that they have to be in Sulani.
    Did You Know?

On the Dance Floor there is both a slowdance with and have first dance with if your sim is married or engaged.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    You can schedule your wedding more than two weeks ahead. I just got my sims engaged and they can actually schedule their wedding for the following summer despite getting engaged in the fall.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    Did you know? The message in a bottle collection features letters from the premade families of Tartosa as well as letters from past premade Sims. There is a letter by Guidry where he admits he had an affair with Bonehilda who is retconned to be Temperance's sister.

I was wondering if there were any new collectibles. I didn't think to look in the collections screen last night.
    I just want things to match. :'(
    Did You Know?

Renewing Wedding Vows isn't just limited to elders in this pack young adults and adults can too.

You can still click on the wedding arches and get married or renew your vows.

Your sim can ask another engaged sim if they can get a wedding invite.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    you can pretty much pick your wedding outfit for the bride and groom after the cake, the first option is chosen so you put the one you want there.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited February 2022
    Did you know that you can’t choose the cake or bride’s & groom’s outfits for a vowel renewal? At least, I couldn’t in my game. It’s possible that it could be a bug.
    you can pretty much pick your wedding outfit for the bride and groom after the cake, the first option is chosen so you put the one you want there.

I was just coming to say this, lol. Of course, I had deleted all of my other formal outfits BEFORE I tested it out & realized that the first one is the wedding outfit, though. :D I wasted so much time putting them all back. :(:p

That was the first thing my Sims did when they got to their new house - I wanted to make sure the dance floor would work where I'd placed it, and to see if they needed a stereo (they didn't). They had no skills, of course, since they were fresh out of CAS, and one Sim stepped on the other's foot, apparently. His fiancé was not happy: angry moodlet for two hours.
    The message bottles have moodlet effects when placed in the room and the mood effect is turned on. Each bottle can have different effects: one from Grim made my Sim tense, and another was inspiring. The message determines the mood. I haven't tried them all, but I think one would make your Sims clumsy and another playful. There are a couple that might have some very negative effects - I'll have to save and then try some of those tonight.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    If you have your sim take a photo while holding a bouquet, they will pose with the bouquet
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I found that my Sims could also draw in the snow!
    LMEFdcj.png

That looks so much more natural than in the sand. When drawing in the sand, it looks like the sand is actually raised above the ground rather than pressed inside.
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I found that my Sims could also draw in the snow!
    LMEFdcj.png

Awesome.
  • SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    I just got a pop up in conversation “Ask for Blessing to Marry” I didn’t know this was a thing
    I just got a pop up in conversation “Ask for Blessing to Marry” I didn’t know this was a thing

Oh I think ppl wanted this for parents. When ask, what happens? Do the sims say yes or no?
  • SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

Oh I think ppl wanted this for parents. When ask, what happens? Do the sims say yes or no?

I think they said yes but nothing happened. The sim wasn’t a parent or even a friend of the person my sim is in a relationship with. It might be different if it’s a parent maybe
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I think they said yes but nothing happened. The sim wasn’t a parent or even a friend of the person my sim is in a relationship with. It might be different if it’s a parent maybe

I saw this option tonight as well but I couldn't get it to work. It kept dropping from the queue.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Sims get an inspired buff being able to ask married sims about their wedding day when they're engaged.

Other sims also don't ever seem to care if you announce your engagement with them if you don't have a high enough relationship with them. If anything they look bored and annoyed.
    5vJrxmT.png
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Sims get an inspired buff being able to ask married sims about their wedding day when they're engaged.

Other sims also don't ever seem to care if you announce your engagement with them if you don't have a high enough relationship with them. If anything they look bored and annoyed.

Lol that's funny