Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... have you bought My Buggy Weddings?

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    I also won't buy it until they release bug fixes, which will hopefully happen soon.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I am undecided
    Most of the things I like from this pack have very little to do with the weddings themselves. I like the drawing in the sand/snow, the world is stunning, the slow dancing and new dancing animations are nice, the message in a bottle collection is the first new collection in a while that seems somewhat interesting, I like the new tea sets, the bouquets of flowers are very lovely, and that's about it. If I'm being honest with myself none of these things will make my game more complete than it already is, so I can't say I'm at all tempted to buy this pack anytime soon.
  • AnnabellaroseAnnabellarose Posts: 30 Member
    Yes, I bought it for something other than gameplay
    I bought it for the world (only). In this version of The Sim's the world is sooooo small that I am almost always going to buy anything that expands the world.
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Yes, I too just want the world. I didn't expect the weddings to work perfectly because that is the nature of the game. I don't mean that as a put down. The sims will never play out these sorts of things perfectly because the sims, to a degree, have free will. Only in mostly scripted games where the characters are pre-ordained to act a certain way will you get predictable game play. For those that are willing to use mods, there is a nice mode on MTS called: Control Any Sim. It will allow you to take control of the NPC guests. That is one way to get them to do what you want.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    No, I am not buying it until it is fixed by EA
    Well, so far after 241 votes, excluding the 'other' people... 79 people have bought it and 131 haven't yet.

Not sure what I was expecting to see really, but I'm happy so many have joined the poll <3
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    LMLS2143 wrote: »
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Technically, I bought it for something other than the gameplay. I was fine with some of the gameplay not working properly.

But after playing all afternoon and late into the night last night, including with a new save which I used just to test a bunch of things, turns out that for me it all works fine. That does include using Carl's wedding fix mod and also 2 mods which I made myself specifically to alter some things in the pack, nonetheless...I have no issues whatsoever. So that's where I put my vote for this poll.

I wouldn't recommend anyone buying it right now who isn't willing to suffer some of the bugs, based on all of the reports I've seen, but for my own game, I haven't had the issues.

No lag then? That's encouraging because that's the very issue I'm afraid of. I'm still going to hold off for a while. I'm surprised that as CC heavy as my game is that lag hasn't been an issue before. It does take a while to load CAS and B/B but in live mode it's still smooth.

Lag is an issue of your computer and the environment you are running the game in. Weaker computers and computers with a lot of background apps and processes running will have issues. The game is massive, and custom content will also add to the load.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I bought it for the CAS and build items and there are mods to help get weddings to work until fix. What I didn't expect and people should of been upfront about is now my game crashes even more now. After the patch before the last one and repairing the game, it solved that problem and now with the new patch and gamepack, the problem was back. I can't even play the game long enough now to hold weddings. This what I was worried about; but nobody said anything and I thought I could get around the weddings for now until those bugs were fixed. 😒

Are many people having game crashes too? I haven't read about others having that issue (or maybe didn't pay any attention).

I know for me personally, I've never had TS4 ever crash in almost 8 years.

Yes, a bunch of people on reddit (including a few console players) said it also crashed on them and a few reported it to EA and said it was the patch itself may have something to do with it/
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Other
    I was gonna pick it up next month. I'm kinda a mix of a few options at this point. I want the pack simply for the world and the slow dancing. But I also kinda wanna wait for a sale and bug fixes before getting it. While I don't typically do a bunch of weddings I do like to have them for legacy plays. Then on the other hand I debate rather or not to get it all.

Hopefully they can get the bugs worked out. Otherwise I might be waiting on this one a bit or just not get it at all.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited February 2022
    Mostly bought it for the Gameplay because I wanted to see a more realistic wedding but it turns out the base game weddings are far less buggy than it. No one takes their seats and pretty much not even the officiant stood in their place to conduct the ceremony. Might as well just make them elope immediately. Oi.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• deustrekdeustrek Posts: 6 New Member
    Shame because I really wanted to buy this pack; think I own every other with the exception of the 90s tracksuits kit? This pack is really giving me 2077 launch vibes however
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,648 Member
    Mendota wrote: »
    Lag is an issue of your computer and the environment you are running the game in. Weaker computers and computers with a lot of background apps and processes running will have issues. The game is massive, and custom content will also add to the load.

I was more worried about the bugs in the pack causing lag. I recalled seeing others posting about lag issues suddenly popping up recently. I've had over 70 GB of mods and CC installed, and in live mode my computer coped just fine. It did take a bit to enter CAS or BB, but otherwise no issues.

• Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Other
    I purchased it today. I've been testing my two builds--one for the wedding ceremony and one for the reception. Although there are things that they need to fix, weddings are so much better than they use to be.

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    I am undecided
    I wanted to add to my previous comment that not only have I not bought this pack, I have also not updated and won't until EA or someone figures out the game crashing issue. I will not take the risk of a suspicious patch making my game crash. Right now it runs fine, and I want to keep it that way. I will hate to do without the gallery, but maybe fixes will come soon.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,933 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I purchased it today. I've been testing my two builds--one for the wedding ceremony and one for the reception. Although there are things that they need to fix, weddings are so much better than they use to be.
    Well that is good to hear as I have been looking for positive comments before buying the pack. I love the world, but would also like weddings to work as I have several couples ready for marriage.

Have you uploaded you wedding and reception venues? If so are they under Hearts4u ? I figured I would have weddings and the reception separately as I’m sure the wedding itself will take a little time, especially as I want to set up a photographer and painter for wedding pictures.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    When the trailer dropped, I knew I was going to buy it full price, only for the world. But since watching the livestream disaster, I flat out refuse to buy this pack until it's fixed. Even if it's on sale, no matter how much I want the world, I will not reward EA and the Sims team for this pathetic excuse of a product.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Bought it, but neither of my saves have any weddings in the short term so I'm not dealing with bugs really, my game runs fine. When I do have a wedding coming up hopefully most bugs are fixed, but I have no problem with mods as I already use a few to spice up my game.
    edited February 2022
    Other
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Well that is good to hear as I have been looking for positive comments before buying the pack. I love the world, but would also like weddings to work as I have several couples ready for marriage.

Have you uploaded you wedding and reception venues? If so are they under Hearts4u ? I figured I would have weddings and the reception separately as I’m sure the wedding itself will take a little time, especially as I want to set up a photographer and painter for wedding pictures.

@SheriSim57
    No, I have not uploaded the two builds as I'm still playtesting them and will be testing them over the next several weeks. Because the only thing I have in my mods folder is CAS cc, I've removed it and have been gradually testing things on a brand new save. For Events, so far I've only tested the wedding event and reception. The only thing at the wedding ceremony that has not worked for me is the Officiant and Sims of Honor; everything else I've clicked on works.

Spacing is an important factor for things to work and I make sure everyone is in the same room for things as I've always done with any event/party.
    Reception-Cut-Cake.jpg

Reception-Cut-Cake-2.jpg

The toast does work. First the Sim makes the toast then after your Sim is finished everyone else raises their glasses and then drinks the champagne.
    Toast.jpg
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other
    I bought it yesterday and I've had no issues with it, yet. I don't have any mods (never had any) to mess up my game, it's 100% virgin, so it's interesting to see how much there actually is bugs.
    I didn't buy it because of the weddings, so I have no idea how they work, maybe they don't work at all. I have no interest of testing them. I'll just wait until I have a suitable couple for handling a possibly awful and/or comical wedding ceremony. Until that... I'm just enjoying the new things on the pack that I love.

I love Tartosa and the premades in there. I also love the new dresses. My Sim dressed in one of them and had a dinner in a fancy restaurant with her boyfriend. The restaurant has a formal outfit code and I also saw some other guests wearing some of the new dresses. Marcovic family was there too and I love them already. Tomi looked so cute in her outfit. I usually adore the looks of Maxis made Sims, they are very unique and lively. I wish I could make Sims like that.

I have no regrets on buying this pack, as long as eloping still works normally, I'm fine with it. 20 Euros for just a new world, a dance and a few new outfits & items is too much though. If I was more patient I would've waited for a sale, but I'm not. Oh well... no regrets. :)
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Other
    I may buy it for the world eventually. There are other packs (Island Living, Get Famous, Snowy Escape) that I'm still on the fence about that offer new worlds though.

And though I do dig the Mediterranean vibe, so far that would literally be the only thing I want the pack for, the others I mentioned have more to offer my game personally, even in cases that I don't like the world quite as well.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,933 Member
    edited February 2022
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

@SheriSim57
    No, I have not uploaded the two builds as I'm still playtesting them and will be testing them over the next several weeks. Because the only thing I have in my mods folder is CAS cc, I've removed it and have been gradually testing things on a brand new save. For Events, so far I've only tested the wedding event and reception. The only thing at the wedding ceremony that has not worked for me is the Officiant and Sims of Honor; everything else I've clicked on works.

Spacing is an important factor for things to work and I make sure everyone is in the same room for things as I've always done with any event/party.
    Reception-Cut-Cake.jpg

Reception-Cut-Cake-2.jpg

The toast does work. First the Sim makes the toast then after your Sim is finished everyone else raises their glasses and then drinks the champagne.
    Toast.jpg

Well, that is nice to know that the wedding went fairly well. I knew there was a problem with the officiant, and to me that’s not really too important, and though I thought of having one of my households that are getting married have a sister be a maid of honor, I think I will have her do a painting of the couple instead, and will be putting her sister and the photographer in the household temporarily so I can control them, thinking of taking off auto on the sims in the household too so they will stay where I place them. For both the wedding and the reception I with micromanage them, getting the bride and groom into the area they should be too, and making sure I have them in the proper outfits before clicking on anything for them to do. I’m thinking of going into each of her brother and sisters families too and putting them in a (formal) first everyday outfit as well as a first formal outfit under formal. So they at least will show up in what I want them to show up in. I think splitting the wedding from the reception is the way to go too since there are a few bugs. I also want to keep my objects to a minimum, and have things spaced out.
  • IblisTriggerIblisTrigger Posts: 31 Member
    Why to pay for a broken version of a basegame feature ?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I will probably buy it once it is fixed by EA or by another handful of mods. But wow, just wow at the number of glitches in this pack. I can't remember any game pack having this many problems upon release. Are there just too many activities to choose from for each event? Do we have all the information on how each activity is supposed to work versus how we think it should work? Why aren't restaurants considered a venue for rehearsal dinners or the wedding ceremony or the Batch parties? That's a headscratcher. You'd think there'd be some cross-pack gameplay there as it seems fitting for that to happen. Why are the wedding venues our only option as a location for the ceremony and reception? I have fewer problems with weddings now than I would if I tried to have one using this pack. The live stream didn't fully explain once we ask another Sim to be in the wedding party they cannot be listed as a guest. That would have been useful to know ahead of time. I have a feeling some of the glitches players have reported aren't really glitches but are the result of not enough info from the gurus. That was a massive oversight on their part. They were supposed to explain the gameplay features in this pack, and I feel more time should have been spent on the that rather than the new world, CAS and B/B. And as far as the wedding guests and the bride and groom not wearing proper attire? Are players supposed to choose the outfits for each guest before the wedding or they will come in everyday attire? So many unanswered questions. This pack has some very nice features that I would like to have. I hope it all get sorted out soon because I will not buy it until that happens.
    Other
    @SheriSim57

I was reading one of the question marks for Guest Attire and it is suppose to default to Formal Attire when you don't select anything. So, that is something that needs to be addressed. I'm just gong to wait for the patch to fix this. I've pretty much only been assigning a Flower Pal and Ring Bearer because those roles work. Keeping autonomy on makes for a more enjoyable event. :)
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited February 2022
    Nope, I'm not buying until the game is fixed. Not just the pack, but the whole game. (but then watch me buy werewolves the day they come out lolol (if ever))
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    No, I am never buying this rubbish!
    I doubt they ever fix it because they just don't care.