Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... have you bought My Buggy Weddings?

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I will not pay full price for something that is broke and definitely not for a world or neighborhood, it appears to be a pack of bugs and fluff and it appears even with features Sims 4 cannot avoid what Sims 3 went though.

😁 bugs n fluff, the new Sims 4 breakfast cereal! It's crispy fried yet soggy, full of good weevil nutrients and the added insoluble carb crunch of the shiny chitin shells of beetles, but sweet with a layer of marshmallow fluff gathered from actual marshes and fluffed by actual chickens! Limited Time Only! /JK but loved the inspiring image of bugs-n-fluff 🥴

Good one :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Other
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Technically, I bought it for something other than the gameplay. I was fine with some of the gameplay not working properly.

But after playing all afternoon and late into the night last night, including with a new save which I used just to test a bunch of things, turns out that for me it all works fine. That does include using Carl's wedding fix mod and also 2 mods which I made myself specifically to alter some things in the pack, nonetheless...I have no issues whatsoever. So that's where I put my vote for this poll.

I wouldn't recommend anyone buying it right now who isn't willing to suffer some of the bugs, based on all of the reports I've seen, but for my own game, I haven't had the issues.

What do they do; and are you releasing them 👀
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Yes I bought it and it works nicely in my game
    What do they do; and are you releasing them 👀

I answered the first part of this question in the thread previously, here. Just very minor changes to two things.

And no, I don't put the mods that I make for myself out there, because I unplug my game from the internet regularly, rather than let it get every update. Until December 2021 I had not updated my game in several years. Publicly releasing mods comes with an obligation (imo) to keep the mods up to date and because I don't even keep my game up to date, it's not an obligation that I can fulfill. I haven't made mods for public consumption for any Sims game since the TS2 era.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    No, I am not buying it until it is fixed by EA
    I'm not touching this until it's fixed. I'll probably wait for a sale too.
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    I was going to buy it for the BB and CC and accept the gameplay and world as an added bonus, but the pack isn't glitchy its just broken. At this point it is only an overpriced stuff pack with an empty world. I'm not paying $20 for a stuff pack.
  • Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    I normally buy packs on the first day all excited, but this one has me pausing. I want the world so bad because it looks so nice, but not for the price and reported issues. I really hope it gets fixed. I actually do want it.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes, I bought it for something other than gameplay
    I split my 1st wedding between 2 events, I had a separate wedding and reception this was helpful. I held the wedding at the premade venue in Tartosa I chose walk the aisle, exchange vows, spousal kiss, throw rice. I agree this venue is bugged, I don’t think it was play tested. I had nothing but trouble from start to finish and ultimately barely completed the wedding. Once they exchanged vows and kissed I ended it early. I had the same experience here others reported sims wouldn’t gather, or sit, or perform many of the activities. I will now try another wedding at a self made venue and likely bulldoze this one in every save.

The reception was held the following day at my sims’ home lot and that went much much better. I was able to fairly easily tick off the activities make toasts, cut cake, throw bouquet, celebration feast, first dance, and make speeches. The guests gathered when asked and participated when queued, as far as weddings go I would avoid the big pre-made venue in Tartosa for sure, and I hate saying that because it’s clear someone worked hard on it, or make it over a bit because one thing I did notice though, was once I removed one aisle and it’s accompanying set of chairs things did seem to work better but by then I was pretty frustrated. So you could try that. Strip down which ever ceremony space you’re not going to use to eliminate confusion for sims. Because the problem may be we queue take seats, but there’s 2 sets flanking 2 aisles and there’s no way to tell them which one to route to so they just don’t route.

I am going to continue to experiment and I won’t say there aren’t bugs, but I want to try a wedding in a venue I make and see how it goes. I will let you know.

I experimented this afternoon. I used my own venue, I turned autonomy off, *sigh* , I’m downloading Carl’s mod I used the testing cheats to fill the world’s needs and then disable need decay. I tried everything I could think of in a save completely devoid of cc and mods. No dice, some stuff works and other stuff doesn’t. The most broken is in my signature Please Take Your Seats nope nope, nope. I don’t know how many times I had to queue it in all of my attempts (4 weddings in total), it just didn’t work hardly at all. Click, wait, no. Reset sims, click, wait, no. Reset sims again, click, wait, no…oh wait 3 of 6 guests sat! Reset remaining guest click, wait, ugh 😩 now the others ones are getting up.

If you buy this, the world is beautiful, the choices of cakes, the bouquets, the CAS in my opinion is great, and so is the BB catalog, and you have to decide if that’s worth $20.00 USD, for me it was. But if it’s the gameplay you’re after, get Carl’s Mod if you’re on PC/Mac it’s on his Patreon but is free to everyone, if you’re on console I am really sorry. I was hoping to figure a way to make it work in a vanilla game, I failed today. I will try some more, but for now if you can’t mod and the other features don’t justify the price for you, skip it, or wait for the price to be heavily reduced.

Adding:

The Officiant Don’t bother with one unless/until it’s fixed, or maybe Carl’s mod fixes it. I just know in a vanilla game it’s an exercise in frustration that will only drive you to madness.
  • ZachsimsZachsims Posts: 80 Member
    Definitely not buying it until things are fixed.

Here's the thing tho why aren't they saying anything about fixing it? Pretty much last on my list to buy since they don't care to complete a product
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2022
    There is a mod created by Carl from Carl's sim guides that fixes a lot of issues with the pack...

https://www.patreon.com/posts/wedding-stories-62954976

You can google Carl's Sims 4 mods and his patreon should come up if you're not comfortable clicking links. The mod is free to download, I hope this helps anybody who already bought the pack, doesn't mind mods and is struggling with the packs functionality or lack there of.
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Other
    I'm playin Sims 2 right now so no point in buying it till I'm ready to play Sims 4 again. I've watched a lot of Youtube Simmers try to play it so I am aware of all the problems with it. The whole set up for doing a wedding is a no no for me. Too tedious and confusing. I don't play the sims for that kind of stuff. I play to relax and enjoy myself and that did not seem enjoyable to me.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    Normally I would've gotten a pack like this immediately, but... nah.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I bought it straight away. The world is beautiful so Im def going to be building alot on that. The CAS is really nice and I love alot of the Buy items (although Build is abit lacking IMO).
    Crucially though Ive never had my sims get married officially in any save, they just elope so I was never really interested in the gameplay!
    (must suck if you put your hopes into having some nice playable weddings though).
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    Other
    I've been gifted the pack.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    I bought it and will use mods to fix it
    Carl's script mod works well to stop the weddings being a total disaster. Unfortunately sims still don't change clothes for the wedding though...I
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I was really really torn on whether to buy this or not given all the reported issues. But I caved and bought it for the beautiful new world. I'll use mods to fix what broken if I feel like it gets in the way of my gameplay.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I would have probably bought this years ago if it had come out after the survey. Now, I thought of waiting for a sale. But I shouldn't have to pay for a broken wedding update glued together with the help of mods. I have been enjoying BG weddings just fine with the help of mods and cc. So why pay for a buggy wedding update pack that depends on mods anyway? I wanted the extra wedding gameplay.

I have managed to capture perfect wedding memories without this pack. If this buggy gameplay is what EA is offering after releasing a bunch of kits, then the quality of future gameplay in TS4 is certainly dire.

As a bonus, here's one of my favorite spontaneous wedding moments from 2018. In a cloudy evening, the bride took a picture with her mother (while her dad saunters into the kitchen) while the groom gives a smoldering look to the camera. He's an actor and it shows lol.
    x138uwZ.png
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I really want this game pack but can't justify buying a game pack that has gameplay that doesn't even work. Hoping EA comes through and fixes it. I have been wanting wedding gameplay and thought EA outdid my expectations with all they added to this pack. Being able to add attendants to my sims' wedding, an officiant, the toast, the cake, and the dancing is a dream come true! I love the CAS and B/B items and the beauty of the world but this dream right now is a nightmare with all the problems and lack of working gameplay. Hoping EA will fix the pack and waiting to see if it improves. Would buy it now if weddings in base game work with it, as can use cakes, flowers, etc to make base game weddings even better, but have heard that it doesn't work with this pack. Please let me know if I am wrong as I really want this pack!
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I wouldn't buy a bucket with a hole in the bottom, so why would I buy a gamepack that doesn't let you game? I had been looking forward to this because it gave your sims a chance to actually interact with each other (slow dance and more importantly teach child to dance) I'd hoped for something a bit more risque than tea at a bach party. I'd hoped people if their frienship was high enough to protest the wedding and declare they were better for the bride/groom. I'd hoped for parents to wail their offspring were making a mistake, but sadly even getting to the wedding arch seems like a feeble hobble for the sims at this point. I've been going off this game since Snowy Escape and I'm going back to playing Sims 2 & 3. At this point I don't care less about Sims 5 because it's probably going to be exactly the same bland offering that this has become. No firepeople strippers, no gorillagram, no dancing lama in a bikini at the bach party, no burglers, no active npc police officers and for me most importantly, no werewolves, genies and faeries. The only problem that the sims 4 has is that it's predecessors exist. It's a beautiful looking game, but that's not the point. The quirks, the choices, the individuality is pretty drained now and it's for me little more than a building simulator that I want to play actual meaningful, working gameplay in. This is the first pack I haven't bought straight away and yes, I do want the world, I do want the build and buy, but not at the expense of gameplay that works just fine for me with a bit of imagination. Until it's fixed the original style of wedding will do again because that works. So EA thanks for offering me a colander to carry water in, but I'll stick with the shallow tea cup you've already presented me with.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other
    Yes, I bought it but haven't had a chance to use it quite yet. My couple just met and although it's love at first sight, they are both still in high school. I have about four more weeks, game time, until they age up. I'm very sorry to hear about all the bugs, though. I wish now the devs had postponed the release for longer than fifteen days. But, I'll reserve most of my opinion until I've had a chance to see what goes wrong. If the guests prefer to chat over actually 'attending' the wedding, what is different? They do that now. Most of my weddings have been a joke. So, I'll see what's up when I get there.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,416 Member
    Yes I bought it and it works nicely in my game
    I bought it and it's not so bad with mods. I really like the ability to edit weddings and other events up until the moment they happen. I also like the build/buy items, especially the new tea sets. Now if I were playing a vanilla game I would hate this pac cause it has allot of bugs. However, as someone who can't play any of the Sims 3 or 4 without mods, it's definitely adding to my gameplay.

My sims are having bachelor parties at strip clubs, elegant tea rooms, and bowling alleys. I play on an extra long, custom lifespan and I can make their engagements longer than 2 weeks which is really nice. My simself isn't married yet and there is already drama with her and her fiance too.

They had their engagement party and her fiance started flirting with his ex wife, who also happens to be my sim's best friend, right in front of her. Now the best friend is refusing to be her sim of honor and I'm contemplating rescinding her wedding invite.

I also really adore the new bouquets which worked great for Love Day and the draw in sand animations. Oh and I'm in love with all the wedding cakes! I'm planning to build a bakery tonight to showcase all of them so my sims can go pick one out for their big day.
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    I bought it and will use mods to fix it
    Whilst I’m disappointed that there are a few bugs that hadn’t been able to be looked at, I still got the pack.

Hopefully in the future, if there’s enough uproar for an explanation, EA will come through with a fix in a patch but in the interim I won’t be opposed to using mods for help smooth out the creases in the game.

I have a couple of Sims I want to have get married, but they need to have friends to invite first hahaha. 🤪
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I bought it for the CAS and build items and there are mods to help get weddings to work until fix. What I didn't expect and people should of been upfront about is now my game crashes even more now. After the patch before the last one and repairing the game, it solved that problem and now with the new patch and gamepack, the problem was back. I can't even play the game long enough now to hold weddings. This what I was worried about; but nobody said anything and I thought I could get around the weddings for now until those bugs were fixed. 😒
  • mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    No. I will not buy an unfinished, broken product. Consider this: would you pay for a restaurant meal that was not fully cooked? Would you pay for a repair service that was left unfinished?

I also will not be updating my game with the latest patch until adequate Patch notes are released. "Behind the Scene" fixes or not, I don't know what these fixes are, and too often do patches further break the game.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I bought it for the CAS and build items and there are mods to help get weddings to work until fix. What I didn't expect and people should of been upfront about is now my game crashes even more now. After the patch before the last one and repairing the game, it solved that problem and now with the new patch and gamepack, the problem was back. I can't even play the game long enough now to hold weddings. This what I was worried about; but nobody said anything and I thought I could get around the weddings for now until those bugs were fixed. 😒

Are many people having game crashes too? I haven't read about others having that issue (or maybe didn't pay any attention).

I know for me personally, I've never had TS4 ever crash in almost 8 years.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,754 Member
    Other
    I would buy it if the title really was My Buggy Weddings and it featured insect-infested weddings! 😆 (A story game featuring some sort of insect themed curse perhaps?)

I think the pack is a nice idea for anyone who wanted more romance and wedding gameplay. Have to admit though, I'm a little disappointed (and puzzled) that a whole game pack was dedicated to just weddings. To me, that sounds like a very short game (so is the gameplay just planning the weddings?) If it was a stuff pack I'd understand.

Would love to have another game pack that featured some kind of adventure.