Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Future Development post My Wedding Stories

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,331 EA Community Manager
This discussion was created from comments split from: My Wedding Stories Negative Thread.
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png

Comments

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    edited February 2022
    After the wedding stories games not working.I just want sims 5 now and hope they have a different engine.This game pack is broken.I am not sure it can be fix.I am not sure this game can be fix..Sure there's things I want, but I am not sure the game can handle it .I feel like if they keep realeasing packs.The game would keep getting bigger and buggies until it can not run no more.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    Gordy wrote: »
    I'd be so freaking mad if they left Sims 4 and skipped so many occults. We waited 8+ years and we didn't get werewolves or dragons, but we got recycling?

I would be upset, but still is it worth.If the whole game I playable ?
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    The massive backlash following vampires is the real reason occults we’re shafted, not eco living 💀 The people who bought vampires and then complained about vampires being added to their game, I mean who could have seen that coming 🙄... the “realism” players have drowned out the rest of the community, wether it was free the babies, bunk beds, ladders, university or a farm pack etc the list goes on.. plus as somebody else mentioned, this game has been mismanaged to hell and back.

Either way I agree with OP, I’ve been eagerly awaiting a werewolf pack since vampires, but honestly I dread the half baked mess it would be now.. bring on TS5, as this game is circling the drain.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    As much as I agree with OP on the obvious technical problems in the Sims 4 game and the likelihood of more problems to come, I have no faith that the Sims 5 development is going a direction that I can embrace either.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yep im really over sims 4.

The 'what makes you think 5 will be better' argument had some validity but iits also very tired. Now here is my immature 'no u' question:
    What makes people think Sims 4 will get any better?

Im not invested in Sims 4 whatsoever. I havent spent my life savings in the game either so I dont feel amiss. I dont think Sims 4 will ever feel complete or be complete because base game is too shallow imo.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    Also for some people I doubt when they say they wont buy Sims 5 stuff. Im not pointing fingers at anyone in this thread. Just making a generalization. Because im like : if simmer feel like JTB and Wedding Stories is worth their money why wouldnt they buy over again any Sims 5 stuff? Especially completionists? I doubt it. When Sims 5 'new hotness' in whatever form it is in ppl will still buy.

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited February 2022
    While I'm ready to see what a new iteration will be like, I too am fearful that it will be even less developed and be even more driven by "player direction" rather than actually seeing a story being played out on the screen that you can either run with or manipulate it how you want.

I can't handle another "doll house" iteration. I don't know if it was because of the fact this game was supposed to be online and all actions, decisions, interactions, etc would have been between other RL people if it was indeed online and therefore the AI was not developed in a way that actually was smart and intuitive. Or if they thought we would prefer to "tell our own" stories more so they dummied down the AI to not be intrusive, but I do not like it and I can not (actually that should be will not) do it again. I don't have a huge imagination, I don't like setting up "scenes" to pretend they are behaving a certain way.

I much prefer to have a story line in my mind, start playing it and if my sims go in a different direction, it's fun for me to have to rethink my original storyline and run in a new direction. That keeps things fresh in my mind, and not so samey, samey.

Also, I can not handle the extreme and overly obsessive behavior of the sims. And, I'm afraid it will just be more of the same with TS5. Traits need to matter, not every single sim needs to be tunnel-visionly focused on playing with their phone or the pc or working out, or BEING SO SOCIAL to the point, that they will stop what they're doing to run and chat with another sim regardless if they know them or not! Only those sims with traits that would realistically make a person be drawn to those things should be effected by that or if directed by the player to do them.

So yeah, while I'm interested in seeing what the next version will be like, if it's just TS4 with new graphics, I'll be passing it up.

One more thing: I also don't think we'll see drama or anything negative in the next iteration either. EA is all about "Positive Play", which I think they've gone over board with that. I understand and agree with not having bullying or harassment or an unsafe environment when dealing with other people. But, we're talking about a game's mechanics, that should not be part of their "Positive Play" focus in my opinion, but I do think that is part of the reason TS4 is so Happy, Happy Rainbows, Cotton Candy and Puppies all the time.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member
    Also for some people I doubt when they say they wont buy Sims 5 stuff. Im not pointing fingers at anyone in this thread. Just making a generalization. Because im like : if simmer feel like JTB and Wedding Stories is worth their money why wouldnt they buy over again any Sims 5 stuff? Especially completionists? I doubt it. When Sims 5 'new hotness' in whatever form it is in ppl will still buy.

Excuse me I didn't get even a chance to say anything and you're already pointing fingers at me. This is getting personal. :p

Never mind me - back to Planet Serious Land:

Indeed OP. I don't know what's going on up there in The Sims 4 Development Attic but it ain't good. Perhaps it's something the team ate? Perhaps it's The Mother Plant feeding all her poor dev minions her strange, strange fruit...

That being said, I'm still hopeful for some more fantasy / adventure gameplay and of course packs that literally no-one asked for. That's my kinda deal.
    I even opened a freakin' Twitter account just to moan about it. But I don't really know how Twitter works, so I don't know where all my moans went. I suppose I should've opened a Moaner account. :D

Sims 5? I'm not too pushed, but if it arrived tomorrow, I'd have a look see. Same goes for Paralives. Same goes for anything really.

If it looks good and it's playable, it's stayable.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    While I know there are bugs in this game, I won't be moving on to Sims5, not so long as it's a multi-player platform. I Sim in private, and sometimes I'll write up what happened in my game story-style to share. But I don't want others messing with my Sims. The devs suggested we have a long way to go in Sims4. With the help of a few mods, I can wait to see how this ends. Not ready to move on.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited February 2022
    It feels like development is going towards The Sims5 already, because there was not a lot of gameplay designers that worked on my wedding stories...

It would be nice to know more about The future of The Sims, and The Sims4 because maybe they should reduce content for The Sims4 or something if all their gameplay designers are gonna be so busy that they can't even release a game pack focused on weddings.

I mean, how are hotels or werewolves gonna turn out with the same amount of people working on it? Because the impression that I get is that our werewolves and hotels are going to look very pretty... but they are not going to be playable. :/
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    logion wrote: »
    It feels like development is going towards The Sims5 already, because there was not a lot of gameplay designers that worked on my wedding stories...

It would be nice to know more about The future of The Sims, and The Sims4 because maybe they should reduce content for The Sims4 or something if all their gameplay designers are gonna be so busy that they can't even release a game pack focused on weddings.

I mean, how are hotels or werewolves gonna turn out with the same amount of people working on it? Because the impression that I get is that our werewolves and hotels are going to look very pretty... but they are not going to be playable. :/

I feel the same way, it feels like a small skeleton crew of devs worked on the pack and a LOT of visual artists (map design, FX artists, object modelers, texture artists, etc), and to me even the mesh models were not that great in this pack (that one suit with the whacked legs?) and they re-used a LOT of assets from other packs in the world which you can find in the debug stuff.

I'm afraid that Hotels will be extremely disappointing, I don't think we'll ever see freed babies or a generations pack and if we do see a generations pack it will just be the same type of game play we currently have with a new name and look.

Werewolves? I'm frightened to imagine how they will be, probably just hairy vampires that howl. But the world will LOOK ah-mazing (with nothing much to do in it).

• lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I have already decided TS4 is the end of the simming road for me. Can't even buy the wedding pack and it's something I really wanted. I'm waiting for an update to free the babies among other things, but I know it's unlikely. After MWS, the quality of TS4's future packs/content is looking grim-er. I think EA will stick to the safe/influencer space simulation going forward (TS5).
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited February 2022
    Do...people realize it's the same people working on the same game? Right?

I don't understand the want for S5 in some hope that it should be better. I keep getting this impending doom feeling like it may end up being like 'online play' and having microtransactions in the game. Less they expand more and do better with their past iterations, it'll probably end up being glitchy messes just like 3 and 4 with modders once again left to fix a lot of things.

If not for the content creators and modding people wouldn't have even been playing 3 or 4 (or able to for that matter) because there's so much wrong with in just vanilla play.

The sims franchise just never been the same since Will Wright left and I'll die on this ship still saying it. 8U
    5vJrxmT.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I don't understand the want for S5 in some hope that it should be better.
    We saw the same thing in the final years of TS3. A lot of people just wringing their hands and anticipating the release of TS4 due to the various 'issues' (particularly performance) they were having with TS3. I guess we (as a community) didn't learn.
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    The sims franchise just never been the same since Will Wright left and I'll die on this ship still saying it. 8U
    Amen to that.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    To be honest, I have such low expectations for Sims 5 being anything I'd even remotely want to play that I think I'd rather go back to Sims 2 and figure out how to get it optimized on Windows 10. I have both the Ultimate Collection and still have all of my original discs and even the mods and CC I used to use. I know there's still Sims 2 mod content our there as well so I think it would be fun to re-explore.

I also plan to mod the heck out of Sims 4 when it stops being developed and there are some nifty Occult mods these days so I'm sure I'll be all set.

I see the franchise's direction for Sims 5 and, unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it's not for me or my play preferences. They have already completely changed not only the focus of the series, but its entire spirit, with Sims 4. And while that's their right to do, it doesn't mean I have to like it or support it in the future. Sad, but oh well, I'll probably save a ton of money, right?
    #Team Occult
    I hate to say it, but the sims at this point.Dont feel like the sims.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited February 2022
    I've only been playing Sims 4 for a few years. I didn't switch from Sims 2 until they added a lot of packs. I will keep playing Sims 4 even if they release a base pack for Sims 5, because it won't have much content like weather, kids, worlds etc. for many years after that.

I still want more family gameplay packs, personality updates, occult packs and refreshes of older packs for Sims 4. They will always have to work on bugs, no matter which game it is they are making.

Sims 2 became the most enjoyable after all the packs and updates were complete and they had moved on to Sims 3. If they release 5, I probably won't switch until almost time for Sims 6 lol. I can't play without things like weather, toddlers, vacation worlds, businesses, occults etc. and it takes them years to add all that, slowly, one pack at a time.
    edited February 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I've only been playing Sims 4 for a few years. I didn't switch from Sims 2 until they added a lot of packs. I will keep playing Sims 4 even if they release a base pack for Sims 5, because it won't have much content like weather, kids, worlds etc. for many years after that.

I still want more family gameplay packs, personality updates, occult packs and refreshes of older packs for Sims 4. They will always have to work on bugs, no matter which game it is they are making.

Sims 2 became the most enjoyable after all the packs and updates were complete and they had moved on to Sims 3. If they release 5, I probably won't switch until almost time for Sims 6 lol. I can't play without things like weather, toddlers, vacation worlds, businesses, occults etc. and it takes them years to add all that, slowly, one pack at a time.

I think they would not be foolish enough to launch a game without toddlers again.I hope they learn from Sims 4.
    Post edited by Horrorgirl6 on
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Why on Earth did a thread about TS5 get merged into a thread about Wedding Stories?

The mind boggles.
    Why on Earth did a thread about TS5 get merged into a thread about Wedding Stories?

The mind boggles.

I don't know I guess they feel like it fits .

The mind boggles.

Yeah the topics arent related and can be confusing to new people coming to this thread.

I hate to say it, but the sims at this point.Dont feel like the sims.

Yeah I feel the soul of it is gone. Or identity theft

• KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member

The mind boggles.

Pity, I was interested in the discussion.
  • IblisTriggerIblisTrigger Posts: 31 Member
    > @elanorbreton said:
    > Why on Earth did a thread about TS5 get merged into a thread about Wedding Stories?
    >
    > The mind boggles.

My Weeding Stories is probably a preview of The Sims 5 :p
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Yep im really over sims 4.

The 'what makes you think 5 will be better' argument had some validity but iits also very tired. Now here is my immature 'no u' question:
    What makes people think Sims 4 will get any better?

Im not invested in Sims 4 whatsoever. I havent spent my life savings in the game either so I dont feel amiss. I dont think Sims 4 will ever feel complete or be complete because base game is too shallow imo.

Yeah I get you. We've had 7 years playing Sims 4 which started on a flawed foundation in the first place. Whilst I've had highs and lows (I've actually enjoyed Sims 4 over Sims 3) , after this Wedding Stories fiasco I just think its wrong trying to pile more stuff onto a creaky, overwhelmed and most importantly outdated system.
    I'm feeling pessimistic about the direction Sims 5 will go tbh but I'm ready to move on!