Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Painted Nails are no longer an option for Trans Sims

After a recent update painted nails are no longer available for trans sims. They had really bad clipping and issues before, but at least they *existed*. But now if you go into custom gender options and change your sim's physical frame they can't even access any of the base game or spa day nail polishes. I made a (short) video showcasing this issue: https://youtu.be/Tte2Ta9LGVE

There have been issues with nails for trans sims since they were introduced but I was holding out hope that these bugs would be fixed. Nice nails should not be available only to sims with the default gender and body options. But now they are completely gone for trans sims and I am very concerned that this will never be fixed. I haven't found any announcements about a fix being worked on and I'm not sure if the development team even knows about this issue.

What is most upsetting to me is that the painted nails literally have a trans flag and nonbinary swatch, but they can't be bothered to make sure those nails work for trans and nonbinary sims. This is unacceptable to me.

Here's the original video I made about the glitches with the nails: https://youtu.be/qiAqMPyRlB8
And here is a video showing that the rainbow nails from the Carnaval Streetwear Kit don't even work for any masculine sims: https://youtu.be/NOlhvFSb2B0

Comments

• Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    I completely agree. I noticed this problem myself and am offended as a trans individual. How could they overlook this? I felt like Russia when we got nails because I was like well... There goes equal representation. Glad my Sims can have their appropriate pronouns but not have nice nails.
    @EA_Cade Can you please pass this on to the Sims Team.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,302 EA Community Manager
    @EA_Cade Can you please pass this on to the Sims Team.

They are already aware and working on this. <3
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    Dang, Dude. You're fast. Lol. Ty though. That was something that really bummed me out when Spa Day (my absolute favorite pack) was refreshed (IMHO-ruined) and it became really buggy. I tried to be optimistic and appreciate the nails on my Sims but when I noticed this I cried (mind you, I'm a 31yr old adult) because I was literally that upset. I've only ever cried when TS4 really broke my heart & that was 1) when JTB was not SE, 2) when Spa Day was "refreshed", & 3) MWS being as broken as it is. TY for listening @EA_Cade
  • Simber_SimsSimber_Sims Posts: 17 Member
    Thanks for the information @EA_Cade . I am glad they are working on this, though I wish there was a little more communication about it. I understand needing to remove the nails temporarily to fix them but it would have been nice to see it in the patch notes or something, because it can be really upsetting otherwise
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,302 EA Community Manager
    Thanks for the information @EA_Cade . I am glad they are working on this, though I wish there was a little more communication about it. I understand needing to remove the nails temporarily to fix them but it would have been nice to see it in the patch notes or something, because it can be really upsetting otherwise

That's a fair callout, I'll pass this along to the Guru's.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2022
    I’m glad the issue is getting looked at. It’s so vital we can represent who we want.

I usually like to make drag queens although haven’t in a while but as I don’t have Spa Day the base game nails were great.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞