Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... have you bought My Buggy Weddings?

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Yes, I bought it but wished I hadn't
    I bought it, but I wish I hadn't and instead waited for a sale. It's overpriced for me at $30CDN with the main feature still buggy and for other reasons. No denying the world is very pretty though.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Other
    Though I want the gameplay to work 100%, I bought it for the world and build/buy/cas first. I feel that they will patch quickly as soon as they figure out the bug causes. Yes, part of me is upset that the bugs weren't fully fixed before release, but I can use the other aspects first while I wait. Weddings overall weren't something I was in dire need of, but a nice touch.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    I've not bought it. I've not bought anything for sims 4 in a long while because I haven't played sims 4 in a long while.

I've always wanted more romance (attraction system, etc) and slow dancing, to me, this GP just doesn't feel like "it" to me. I've never once had a "wedding" in my game between my sims. Don't see the need for expansion on that particular element.

I've wanted slow dancing forever. The new world looks nice. But until they make this game run with more depth of the sims characters, I can't justify spending money on it.

I played a bit last night, and it's nice that the game is telling me my sims are becoming closer...but I would like to see how. I just don't see it. They still go play games on the computer far too much. Or dance far too much.

I don't know. I haven't played in about a yr. Or a bit more. I just can't feel "invested" in my sims lives.

I want the world and slow dancing, but no. I think I will wait for big sales for any missing content, and possibly until the game is finished and then I can mod it to suit without the continued addition of more fixes and bugs at every turn
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes I bought it and it works nicely in my game
    Yah, definitely don't buy it just for slow dancing, @fullspiral. I feel like they put slow dance and the world in the pack just to try to lure people who are not interested in 'expanded' weddings into buying the pack, and even then the slow dance that they added is not nearly as good as the TS2 version, imo.

Basically, it's like they tried to lure people with sweets...but then picked candy corn to do it. . .
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    Right. I figured as much. @Stormkeep The slow dancing with kids in sims 2 is unparalleled. Sims2 animations are unparalleled.
  • PhobostimePhobostime Posts: 38 Member
    No, I am not buying it until it is fixed by EA
    I need EA to fix it before I buy it, and it will also need to be on sale. I won't pay full game pack price for a stuff pack plus world.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Other
    No matter how desperate I am for the new world, right now I just can't justify investing in a product that's not in its final state.
    I'm still hoping for solid occult GP's and a music pack sometime in the future and these really need to be supported by a stable system, otherwise this game ain't working for me anymore.
    Even though weddings are not something I'd typically play with and the world, BB and CAS would be all I need to keep me happy, I don't want to encourage Maxis to release a pack with severely broken game mechanics. It's not on. It ain't right. I'm not going there this time 'round.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    LMLS2143 wrote: »
    No lag then? That's encouraging because that's the very issue I'm afraid of. I'm still going to hold off for a while. I'm surprised that as CC heavy as my game is that lag hasn't been an issue before. It does take a while to load CAS and B/B but in live mode it's still smooth.

I had lag when I first installed the pack, Mild lag, but noticeable. So I started taking mods out just one mod creator at a time and it went away when I removed UI Cheat extensions.
    I did also forget to delete my localthumbnail cache until after taking UI Cheat extensions back out, though, so I think it might not have been related to the mod...just that the cache needed purging. I'm going to try putting that mod back in today, to see.

Pretty foolish that I forgot to delete the cache in the first place, but I was so eagre to play with the new pack that I forgot.

I managed to vote for the wrong option. Should have chosen "undecided". Oh well.

I see that UI Cheat extensions have been updated for the patch. I am really glad to read that it works so well for you. It is lag that concerns me most. Not using weddings is easy to do in the game but lag might more difficult.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ui-cheats-v1-29-26240068
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    Technically, I bought it for something other than the gameplay. I was fine with some of the gameplay not working properly.

But after playing all afternoon and late into the night last night, including with a new save which I used just to test a bunch of things, turns out that for me it all works fine. That does include using Carl's wedding fix mod and also 2 mods which I made myself specifically to alter some things in the pack, nonetheless...I have no issues whatsoever. So that's where I put my vote for this poll.

I wouldn't recommend anyone buying it right now who isn't willing to suffer some of the bugs, based on all of the reports I've seen, but for my own game, I haven't had the issues.

@Stormkeep Thanks for all your input! Which fixes did you feel necessary to mod?
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Yes, I bought it but wished I hadn't
    The slow dancing is cute, but definitely not a very detailed or romantic ballroom or latin dance, so nothing like Sims 2. Also, the end of my bride's wedding dress turned black when she did the dip. Hopefully, that was just a one off thing or something with my laptop graphics.
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    I am undecided
    I haven't touched my game in months, tbh.

I just feel that they haven't really brought anything to the table recently. For me, the fact that they released such a buggy game is apalling. They DELAYED it, knowing how it runs, but not fixing the core issues and releasing it when it is ready. That tells me that they COULD have delayed the sims 4 initial launch to make it work better, if they really wanted to. But they instead opted to bring us a messy base game, and a truck load of new issues with every new pack.

The sims 4 basically killed the franchise for me.

Even if they bring in themes that interest me, can I trust that it'll run properly? Or is this recent pack their new standard?
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I had considered buying it at some point for the world, but then figured I'd wait for a sale. After seeing what a disaster the main features are, I can't justify buying it at all. So many people were looking forward to this pack and it plays like amateur hour.

And not only do the micromanaging wedding tasks play with the ease of herding cats, but some of the new animations are so innocently juvenile and G-rated that they could feature in the Teletubbies. Head bonks at the altar? Perky, boppy "slow" dancing in happy land with no sense of real romance? It could be siblings dancing together and no one would blink an eye. Just another "generic" choice.

Yes, I'm frustrated about it all. I'm frustrated because this is how they're setting the bar now. Even after the Russia controversy, even after the Game Changers complained, this is the "take it or leave it, we don't care anymore" message that's coming through. I know this company is capable of doing better than this because they have done better than this. And if they let it go this time, it will be my content next time. It could be Generations or Cars or Occults or Babies or Dragons or the next vacation that they release in an "as is" state. And for all the money that players have sunk into this game, we at least deserve a product that functions properly. This is a multi-billion dollar AAA company on its fourth iteration of a series for crying out loud, it's not Paralives where it's okay if the work is a little choppy because the devs are first timers.

Well, EA Investors be frakked, I don't care that EA needs to please them, I don't play to make them happy, I play because I get a game that is worth to me the money I put into it. But this? Not worth it.
    #Team Occult
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I am undecided
    Ughhh I want it and don’t at the same time. The world looks amazing, I like the CAS and BB and I like that there are so many wedding cakes to make and sell. However I am worried about how much it will screw up my game in its current state. I keep going back and forth on whether I will or won’t buy it right now. I’m willing to use mods which puts me even more stuck.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes I bought it and it works nicely in my game
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    @Stormkeep Thanks for all your input! Which fixes did you feel necessary to mod?

The two things I modded myself is a change to the wedding events, which I modded to allow on Wedding Venue lot type where that wasn't already the case and the Wedding venue lot type, to make it allowed as a club hangout.
    Both of things can be done with other, publicly available mods by other modders, but in both cases those mods also do a few other things which I did not want so I made my own for just what I did want.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Other
    I'll make a decision when it's fixed and on sale.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    Xoxk9 wrote: »

The two things I modded myself is a change to the wedding events, which I modded to allow on Wedding Venue lot type where that wasn't already the case and the Wedding venue lot type, to make it allowed as a club hangout.
    Both of things can be done with other, publicly available mods by other modders, but in both cases those mods also do a few other things which I did not want so I made my own for just what I did want.

Okay cool! Yea I saw the venue issue floating around - I was just curious if it was another bug/annoyance I may have missed lmao. Thanks a bunch
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Yes, I bought it and am happy with it, bugs and all
    I would have said works nicely in my game but there are bugs for sure. However they are not seriously affecting me right now and I am enjoying the rest of the pack. So I guess I am mixed up somewhere in between nicely, bugs and all & more than just the gameplay.

Dang I should have picked other. LOL And of course I wish they had fixed it all. I hope they do really quick especially for those who are holding out waiting. <3
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes, I bought it for something other than gameplay
    I split my 1st wedding between 2 events, I had a separate wedding and reception this was helpful. I held the wedding at the premade venue in Tartosa I chose walk the aisle, exchange vows, spousal kiss, throw rice. I agree this venue is bugged, I don’t think it was play tested. I had nothing but trouble from start to finish and ultimately barely completed the wedding. Once they exchanged vows and kissed I ended it early. I had the same experience here others reported sims wouldn’t gather, or sit, or perform many of the activities. I will now try another wedding at a self made venue and likely bulldoze this one in every save.

The reception was held the following day at my sims’ home lot and that went much much better. I was able to fairly easily tick off the activities make toasts, cut cake, throw bouquet, celebration feast, first dance, and make speeches. The guests gathered when asked and participated when queued, as far as weddings go I would avoid the big pre-made venue in Tartosa for sure, and I hate saying that because it’s clear someone worked hard on it, or make it over a bit because one thing I did notice though, was once I removed one aisle and it’s accompanying set of chairs things did seem to work better but by then I was pretty frustrated. So you could try that. Strip down which ever ceremony space you’re not going to use to eliminate confusion for sims. Because the problem may be we queue take seats, but there’s 2 sets flanking 2 aisles and there’s no way to tell them which one to route to so they just don’t route.

I am going to continue to experiment and I won’t say there aren’t bugs, but I want to try a wedding in a venue I make and see how it goes. I will let you know.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    I am waiting on a sale to get it, I just want the world, and the CAS items.
    Not big on the Weddings, but if my Mermaids can swim somewhere other Sulani that will be a bonus.
    Plus, with how quickly I can fill up my games with Sims I create, another world would be nice to move their descendants into.
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    I bought it for the world since I wanted more lots for my sims to live in.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    LMLS2143 wrote: »
    Funny thing, I try to keep my mods folder under 10 GB, but lately I've been distracted and not paying attention. I knew I needed to thin it out, but this conversation made me go back and look and.....ummmm.....yeah.....it's at 76 GB. Hi, my name is Danielle and I am a CC addict. :D

LOL! @LMLS2143 That right there, is the reason I won't let myself get CC or mods. I know I'd go crazy with them and it would get uuuugly.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,119 Member
    Other
    I bought it but I haven't played with it yet.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    I did buy it for Tartosa, I just really liked the world and saw my Sims living there. It’s the first world I’ve proiritised over gameplay. There’s good build stuff and the Sims are interesting. The stained glass windows are amazing. 😊☀️

I won’t do any weddings until the bugs are fixed.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    I bought it for new world, but I also wanted to try wedding ceremony. Nothing seemed to work... :(
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    I'm happy with it. A large reason why I bought it was for gorgeous new new world. My Sims aren't ready for marriage yet, so I can wait a while for the bug fixes myself.