Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... have you bought My Buggy Weddings?

Comments

• Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I'm waiting for it to be both fixed (not buying something that is completely broken like that) and on sale (because the gameplay itself is really underwhelming, but I love the world). And I'm waiting for a pretty big sale, too. I'm so disappointed with them.
  • Options
    PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    Yes, I bought it for something other than gameplay
    I bought it for Tartosa the town is gorgeoussss and a way to make money from home, baking the wedding cakes and making the bouquets is fun to me. So I haven’t encountered many bugs.
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    No, I am not buying it until it is fixed by EA
    I'm not buying it until the bugs are fixed. I was originally very excited about this pack, but it's been disappointing to see everything happening with it. I really only want the slow dancing part anyway, and I think that should be a feature that is base game instead of in just one pack.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I am undecided
    I'm undecided, or waiting for a sale.

I was excited about this pack because there were quite many things that I wanted, but I've been a bit sad for a couple of days and perhaps because of that playing the sims hasn't been that fun either. It made me question do I really need this pack. Yesterday my sims finally reached the top of Mt. Komorebi and it would've been fun to draw a star in the snow there :joy: But is it and the other things worth 20e? I'm not sure. I don't like the new wedding kiss and I'm worried about the bugs, so I'm not sure whether I want to change the old weddings to the new weddings. I'll have a break and see how I feel after that.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    I didn't have high hopes after hearing how badly broken it was that it would be fixed in just a handful of days. I'm disappointed to be right but glad I still have that money. I wanted it more for Tartosa than anything else, but as heavily modded as my game is and all the CC I have installed it feels like inviting disaster to add this pack to the mix.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I so love Tartosa. Finally, I have my Greek/Roman World.
    I also love the playable tea sets, champains & new buffet tables & drinkable fountains.
    :p;)B)<3
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    I wonder if they'll have an Easter sale :# Maybe by then it'll be playable.

Thanks to mods and CC creators I'm able to enjoy weddings fine atm without the pack so I don't want to frack that up.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    I am undecided
    I'm not sure if I will buy it. In the past I bought packs just for the world and the objects and CAS like Strangerville. But for the wedding pack I'm only interested in the world. I don't play with weddings so I don't need all the wedding stuff. The pack without the gameplay und all the wedding related stuff is just the world and a handfull of objects. Even on sale it is too expensive but I like the world. Maybe I will buy it on sale at weak moment when they fixed the bugs.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Yes I bought it and it works nicely in my game
    Technically, I bought it for something other than the gameplay. I was fine with some of the gameplay not working properly.

But after playing all afternoon and late into the night last night, including with a new save which I used just to test a bunch of things, turns out that for me it all works fine. That does include using Carl's wedding fix mod and also 2 mods which I made myself specifically to alter some things in the pack, nonetheless...I have no issues whatsoever. So that's where I put my vote for this poll.

I wouldn't recommend anyone buying it right now who isn't willing to suffer some of the bugs, based on all of the reports I've seen, but for my own game, I haven't had the issues.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Garaya13Garaya13 Posts: 60 Member
    I was super excited for this pack so I'm really sad that it's this broken. I really hope they fix it, because this pack is so promising. I feel like if they needed more time they should have just been transparent about that instead of this whole mess of a situation.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    Haven't yet bought it, but will, ideally when I can shove it into a bundle together with Tiny Living and the next EP.

From what I've seen so far, the issues are either playstyle related (having to choose who to toss the bouquet to isn't exactly a negative for a micromanager) or already present in the game (sims not responding to "go here"/"assemble to do (whatever)" because they take their sweet time finishing their queued up commands first and then go through up to three idle animations in a row, also major lag, t-posing and sims failing to spin into the correct outfit category).
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    The last big wedding I had was in San Myshuno park for Angela Pleasant and Gavin Richard ages ago. I would like to try out a big wedding for one of the Alto gilrs (Holly Alto's triplets) but I am more interested in the premades, CAS and Tartosa which is my small Greek island.
    The majority of my Sims will get married at the city hall of Tartosa.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    I'll buy it for the world and for the slow dancing and tea set but I will wait for a sale. Hopefully it will be fixed by then. If not, I may still opt to wait.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm waiting for it to be both fixed (not buying something that is completely broken like that) and on sale (because the gameplay itself is really underwhelming, but I love the world). And I'm waiting for a pretty big sale, too. I'm so disappointed with them.

Same. I am primarily interested in MWS for the world of Tartosa and some of the BB. However, I refuse to buy any pack that is this buggy. I will purchase MWS only if: (1) the bugs are fixed by Maxis; and (2) the pack is on sale for at least 50% off (because that is what I feel the content is worth).
  • Options
    Bellesim67Bellesim67 Posts: 38 Member
    Yes, I bought it and am happy with it, bugs and all
    It isn't too bad for me, the bugs are tolerable for now.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    About time it goes on sale all the bugginess should be fixed. :D
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Technically, I bought it for something other than the gameplay. I was fine with some of the gameplay not working properly.

But after playing all afternoon and late into the night last night, including with a new save which I used just to test a bunch of things, turns out that for me it all works fine. That does include using Carl's wedding fix mod and also 2 mods which I made myself specifically to alter some things in the pack, nonetheless...I have no issues whatsoever. So that's where I put my vote for this poll.

I wouldn't recommend anyone buying it right now who isn't willing to suffer some of the bugs, based on all of the reports I've seen, but for my own game, I haven't had the issues.

No lag then? That's encouraging because that's the very issue I'm afraid of. I'm still going to hold off for a while. I'm surprised that as CC heavy as my game is that lag hasn't been an issue before. It does take a while to load CAS and B/B but in live mode it's still smooth.

• Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I am undecided
    I wanted it mainly for the wedding event. Even with Carl's mod, it looks mechanical and lackluster. I am waiting to see if EA fixes it, if modders can enhance it, and if I can still use my favorite mods with it. If not, I will be disappointed, but I enjoy the game and packs I own now.

It won't be the first pack I've skipped because I can't deal with the issues. I still haven't bought Get Famous, Eco Living, or the home decorator pack. Not saying I will never get them, but I have to be at a point in my game that I'm so ready for something new that I'm willing to research game settings and mods first.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    LMLS2143 wrote: »
    No lag then? That's encouraging because that's the very issue I'm afraid of. I'm still going to hold off for a while. I'm surprised that as CC heavy as my game is that lag hasn't been an issue before. It does take a while to load CAS and B/B but in live mode it's still smooth.

I had lag when I first installed the pack, Mild lag, but noticeable. So I started taking mods out just one mod creator at a time and it went away when I removed UI Cheat extensions.
    I did also forget to delete my localthumbnail cache until after taking UI Cheat extensions back out, though, so I think it might not have been related to the mod...just that the cache needed purging. I'm going to try putting that mod back in today, to see.

Pretty foolish that I forgot to delete the cache in the first place, but I was so eagre to play with the new pack that I forgot.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Works fine for me like every other pack... With mods.
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I had lag when I first installed the pack, Mild lag, but noticeable. So I started taking mods out just one mod creator at a time and it went away when I removed UI Cheat extensions.
    I did also forget to delete my localthumbnail cache until after taking UI Cheat extensions back out, though, so I think it might not have been related to the mod...just that the cache needed purging. I'm going to try putting that mod back in today, to see.

Pretty foolish that I forgot to delete the cache in the first place, but I was so eagre to play with the new pack that I forgot.

Thanks for the information on lag. I'm all the time forgetting to clear localthumbnail so I can relate. I have a backup folder on my desktop to hold all the CC that I'm not using at any given time. I'm usually swapping things back and forth and forget that bit.

Funny thing, I try to keep my mods folder under 10 GB, but lately I've been distracted and not paying attention. I knew I needed to thin it out, but this conversation made me go back and look and.....ummmm.....yeah.....it's at 76 GB. Hi, my name is Danielle and I am a CC addict. :D

So since I'm not playing MWS I'll be doing some early spring cleaning in my mods folder, and I will remember to delete localthumbnail this time!

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    and.....ummmm.....yeah.....it's at 76 GB.
    ROFL...
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Wrenry wrote: »
    About time it goes on sale all the bugginess should be fixed. :D
    I hope it goes on sale after a week or two like My First Pet Stuff did, with ALL the controversies this pack is associated with, it's the least they could do.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I cannot support this pack.
    I like it conceptually, but I don't want it even for the new world when it is in this state.

I don't care for the micromanaging of game play, but I would live with it if it actually worked.
    So no, not even for a sale price.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I bought it and will use mods to fix it
    I bought it for the world and some aspects of the build/buy and CAS. I wasn't too fussed about weddings. The wedding I have done was... complicated... to accomplish. I will be fixing my issues with it using mods, but to be fair, I probably would have ended up modding it even without issues. I love mods, what can I say?
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png