Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited February 2022
    Wanted SimGuruLyndsay - Reward §9,999,999 :p

CM Edit: For the 300 people reporting this comment, @LeGardePourpre has clarified here that they were asking for the return of SimGuruLyndsay, not putting a bounty on them.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    As soon as I saw the livestream I was like, yeah, hard pass for now. Even more glad I didn't buy it when I've heard about the gamechangers verdicts and all the comments online. I pray they fix it fairly soon, because if it worked, it would be an awesome pack, and I want it! :'(
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    A hard pass for me too. Lilsimsie almost cried, she was just so upset. It's sad.
  • jazminesarahjazminesarah Posts: 44 Member
    As soon as I saw the livestream I was like, yeah, hard pass for now. Even more glad I didn't buy it when I've heard about the gamechangers verdicts and all the comments online. I pray they fix it fairly soon, because if it worked, it would be an awesome pack, and I want it! :'(

I know, watching the live stream I was like 🐸🐸🐸🐸. But I thought surely the glitches won't be that bad after they pushed it back a week. Nope still utterly useless.

Lovely build/buy but I'd definitely wait till it's all fixed.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Isharell wrote: »
    My negative contribution to this thread: the world is TOO Beautiful! It makes me want to buy this pack even though I am not interested in weddings! Help me, my plan had been to wait till it was on sale! :D

I bought it right away and have zero regrets. There is so much to enjoy even without having a wedding event. I am sure the bugs some are having will be sorted.
    I have no lag which some are having. My cakes keep nicely in the fridge until I need them.

You are going to love this world. <3 I don't begrudge the $ because I spend that in a month on my chai lattes. I am also a very patient person.
    Must be all the chai I drink. Ha ha

I don't think that the world makes it justable buy a pack.Since the main features do not work.Or we should do all these workarounds rather it's cheats, tricks , or mods to get it to work.The pack is call My wedding Stories not welcome to Tarsso.
  • PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    I decided to try and have some fun with the bugs and take a drink each time it glitched...at least I had fun :D But no, the amount of bugs in this is ridiculous! And it goes beyond just the aspects of the pack! My sims were having issues just going to the fridge and cooking food :s
    https://youtu.be/PLDK6U09iwE
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited February 2022
    My negative contribution to this thread: the world is TOO Beautiful! It makes me want to buy this pack even though I am not interested in weddings! Help me, my plan had been to wait till it was on sale! :D

I bought it right away and have zero regrets. There is so much to enjoy even without having a wedding event. I am sure the bugs some are having will be sorted.
    I have no lag which some are having. My cakes keep nicely in the fridge until I need them.

You are going to love this world. <3 I don't begrudge the $ because I spend that in a month on my chai lattes. I am also a very patient person.

I don't think that the world makes it justable buy a pack.Since the main features do not work.Or we should do all these workarounds rather it's cheats, tricks , or mods to get it to work.The pack is call My wedding Stories not welcome to Tarsso.

yeah if it's just the world working then they should've just made it a world kit lol
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Anyone know how to get a refund from Origin? I paid $20 thinking I would at least get WORKING gameplay.. I want my $20 back!

I think dlcs are non-refundable, sadly. Thank God I didn't buy it yet. I'm seeing a lot of horror stories about it.

They updated the Terms and conditions and you can't get a refund if you've downloaded and installed the pack.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member

I know, watching the live stream I was like 💘💘💘💘. But I thought surely the glitches won't be that bad after they pushed it back a week. Nope still utterly useless.

Lovely build/buy but I'd definitely wait till it's all fixed.

Well it shouldn't be too much to hope for that a product works. It's really sad. I don't think EA staff should be subjected to any kind of personal abuse or threats, that's never okay, and I do feel for them, but they're not helping themselves here. I can see why people are upset. :(
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    New video update from Plumbella:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMI3g903AVQ

How can a pack be so empty and still so buggy 🤣
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    verlainem wrote: »
    I don't know of so called "hard-core" gamer accepting broken, unplayable games. .

I take it you never heard of Cyberpunk 2077?

Besides, the simming community does get up in arms over all the bugs...there's hundreds of threads in these forums dedicated exclusively to complaining about them. Uh...this is one of them.

That game just proves the point of the person you were responding to. People came down hard af on that game, don't forget it's probably one of the only times PS took a game completely off their store and refunded everyone.

EA is letting TS go to waste and they don't give a single flying plum. And people actually seem ok with buying packs they need mods to fix on day one. This is just sad.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    edited February 2022
    Since I installed the wedding pack my game won't work at all. Waiting on another patch. Expected but frustrating. Hope they're not under too much stress right now.

Not sure how it works but I think you can uninstall or deactivate individual packs somehow. Have you tried uninstalling the wedding pack and seeing if that fixes the issue?

Edit: Oops didn't mean to double post. Have been using a lot of other different social media lately so forgot I was on a forum. My bad.
    Post edited by Tentacrocacles on
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited February 2022

Hmm..... but that is just the title. A very good book or a good news-article could have an unfortunate title.

I would argue that it comes down to how the player values the contents in the pack.

For a player that values wedding and intend to make use of that part of the pack it would be a very disappointing experience, the addition of a beautiful world might not register. For someone who the Mediterranean world is the main draw and who does not use weddings that might be a different opinion.

For my part I have missed seeing the Mediterranean countries. I used to go there quite often and now I do not. For my part that is the main attraction of the pack and I don't see Sims 4 adding another world like this in a hurry. Also, I have never played a proper wedding in the Sims 4 during all these years so the very very disappointing gameplay in weddings will not affect me. Not getting the pack when this might be the only way for me to play out a story situated in something that reminds me of Italy or Greece feels sad.

Still not getting it now. The allure of Tartosa is not enough to make me want to update my mods and CC when I was so disappointed by the bugs. Not because I want to use the gameplay, rather that it showed a lack of care and that makes me feel less enthusiastic.

I can fully understand someone who lives in a Mediterranean country buying this pack with the gameplay as it is if they would like to let their simselves live in an area that looks like home. It isn't their fault that a really good and fun world was tied to bad gameplay.

Edit: spelling
    Post edited by SilentKitty on
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

yeah if it's just the world working then they should've just made it a world kit lol

This would have been much much better! Then they would have released something that was really good and a great addition to your game straight away.
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Sims has always been buggy, especially when a new pack comes out. But omg I cannot believe how bad Wedding Stories is.

The guests all turned up in their everyday wear, sending sims down the aisle is a nightmare, the cake never showed up at the wedding (yes I put the cake as wedding cake), the guests don't sit, no one does any wedding activities and to top it off 2 sims died, the entertainer and my real life sim dad.

When are they meant to bringing out the patch to fix this God forsaken game pack.
    I dont know how they released it with all of these bugs.

It's a WEDDING pack and you cant even do the main thing it was made for.

Sorry but 1 death at a wedding is a tragedy, 2 deaths is careless :lol:
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Has anyone tried the mod that Jovan cited on SC?

I don't use mods and have never had to install one so would be good to know if it's worth it?

Origin ID: ExxCee
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

I agree and if I got the pack real cheap like given to me for free or a very low price, I would be good with it, but never full price. EA/Maxis gets away with what they do because some people will overlook their faults and continue to keep filling their pot glad, I do not listen to the hype. The packs to me are losing its purpose or has been over time with the inclusion of kits and such. I used to enjoy the Sims series but now it might implode on itself as the Sim City franchise did. EA/Maxis can right the ship by returning to the formula that made the Sims series successful.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    It's just so broken it's shameful. If I bought this strictly for the world then it's lacking there as well. It has a look to it but it doesn't have a strong vibe as it's not a world focused pack but rather a waste your money on a "wedding" pack. I don't understand how they even felt remotely okay releasing this. It's embarrassing how broken it is.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member

Also I think you got lost on your way to the positive thoughts thread :)

Bluegayle was replying to someone who was tempted to buy the pack right away. The conversation just happened to be in the negative thread.
    edited February 2022
    At the same time people are hurry to play to the new games and are ready to pay for an early access.
    Nobody is forcing us to buy them at the release date.
    Just it's a way to support the studio and show our trust.

Now everybody have an access to the public beta version instead of waiting for the final product years later.

• honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I had problems also... my cake never showed up also... they sims that supposed to be in the wedding never showed up! and to top it off it started to rain... it was wedding at the beach..
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    At the same time people are hurry to play to the new games and are ready to pay for an early access.

Now everybody have an access to the public beta version instead of waiting for the final product years later.

I think there is a difference between supporting an early access game.Than buying a dlc which is the final product.
    edited February 2022

I think there is a difference between supporting an early access game.Than buying a dlc which is the final product.

There is also a difference between a "final product" and a live service :p

Live service is a smart move because the companies never said that the product will be complete, it's a long time development with no warranty.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    No weddings, why, why, why. :'(
    That been said, I love, love, love, Tartosa. I finally have my Greek/Roman world. Yipee!! :p;)B)<3
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top