Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tips for you until forum gets fixed :)

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
edited February 2022 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
So there is a few little bugs in the forum when it comes to posting. Here are some little tips of what I figured out and how to work around them :)
Feel free to add more if I missed them <3

Can't post pics in first post of new thread.
Make your thread and just add in your first post that pics will be in second post and post them there, we can't post pics in the first post of a new thread anymore.

Quoting someone gives error you need more characters even if you post an essay of a reply.
I love quoting people when replying, but recently I get an error that I need more characters, you can overcome this by posting your response above the quote instead. Its a but topsy turvy but it works ;)

Have you noticed any other little forum bugs and would like to share tips, I can add them here ;)

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    This is new today. Any time I use italics, the line breaks right after them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,064 Member
    edited March 2022
    Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but bolded font has the same problem. It's been that way for at least a week or so.
    Post edited by Kendrana on
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,302 EA Community Manager
    Hey all!

This drove me mad yesterday but I thought it was just me! I've sent it up to our forum hosting provider for investigation.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Thank you for sharing your tips with everyone! :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Heya,

Both of these issues are currently reported with our forum hosting provider, along with the issue of using bold or italic BBCode inserting a line break after it.

Hopefully these will be resolved soon, apologies for the hiccup.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited February 2022
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Heya,

Both of these issues are currently reported with our forum hosting provider, along with the issue of using bold or italic BBCode inserting a line break after it.

Thanks for letting us know its being worked on :) just thought I would give simmers a heads up on how to get around it until its fixed, we understand how things can get hectic in such a big forum and appreciate everything you all do for us <3

edit to add

Quote first worked this time, but not underneath its a sometimes bug LOL
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    always a pleasure <3
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing your tips with everyone! :)

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Heya,

Not sure if it's just me, but the Creative Corner › The Sims 4 Challenges, Stories and Legacies section doesn't allow me to start a new post or reply to a thread. Even the quote option on posts are missing. :(
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    Heya,

Not sure if it's just me, but the Creative Corner › The Sims 4 Challenges, Stories and Legacies section doesn't allow me to start a new post or reply to a thread. Even the quote option on posts are missing. :(

Yep. It looks like the forum hosting provider is running some tests there at the moment based on this post.

I'm looking into this further now.
    Yep. It looks like the forum hosting provider is running some tests there at the moment based on this post.

I'm looking into this further now.

I did see that post. Wasn't sure if it was really "System" or not. But thank you for the heads up. Playing with the new wedding stories game pack in the meantime. :blush:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @EA_Cade @LegacySims2017 Thank you for the updates. I was wondering why I couldn't add a new post to my own thread this evening. :)
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited February 2022
    I can't post an update in my Challenge Thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997221/the-300-challenge-are-you-up-for-the-challenge/p2

Help...I don't know what to do...
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    That entire forum section appears to be suffering from a configuration issue. I can't post in any threads in that section, nor create a new post. Probably an error by the forum administrators. @EA_Cade may or may not be aware of the problem already.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    @Stormkeep
    Thank you for letting me know. I will just have to post my update tomorrow. Have a good evening and thanks again for your help.
    @EA_Cade @LegacySims2017 Thank you for the updates. I was wondering why I couldn't add a new post to my own thread this evening. :)

Hopefully they'll open it soon from read only.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I'm having the same problem! The 'Leave a comment' box is missing at the bottom of my challenge thread! I've sent a message to EA Cade about the problem. I hope it's resolved soon, my challenge has a rule about posting daily in the thread and I can't do it there. For the moment, I put my daily post pic on my profile page and might have to put my entire update there I guess for now. I wonder if it has anything to do with the forum glitch where I haven't been able to update the main post in my thread either for almost a month now. Perhaps they're trying to fix that and something went wrong? o.O
    My apologies @EA_Cade for the panic PMs I just sent about not being able to post on my own challenge thread. I hope the issue is resolved soon. o.O
    edited February 2022
    @Karababy52
    I had the same problem with the main post of my thread. I was able to edit it after I copied the last part of the main post that had pictures (first day of playing) then pasted it to the top of my second post. I then deleted the part I moved, so now that there’s no pictures in my main post I can update it with no problems.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited February 2022
    I was trying to access My Decades Challenge in the Stories and Legacies discussions thread and I can't. There is no comment box at the bottom, no edit wheel on the side of the posts and when I went to edit the whole thing it said I didn't have permission.

So I went into other threads under the stories and legacies in the creative corner and the comment box is no where to be found. I can access it on all other boards except Creative Corner.

Is anyone else having this issue? I did PM a couple of Gurus and still waiting to hear back just wanted to know if it is a localized issue or if others are having the same problem.
    WbUrFQm.png
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    My apologies @EA_Cade for the panic PMs I just sent about not being able to post on my own challenge thread. I hope the issue is resolved soon. o.O

No worries, I responded to your DM before I saw your post here.

At the moment I've reached out to our forum hosting provider for an update, once they get back to me I'll update this thread.
    It’s been broken since last night.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Just the Challenges, Stories and Legacies subforum of the Creative Corner is broken; it seems like its settings are borked and no one can make new posts or leave replies to any threads. We tagged EA_Cade in another thread about the issue last night, so they are aware of the problem.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    @EA_Cade Thank you, I hope it's resolved soon.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Yes, he messaged me back. I didn't know there was another thread and I had searched for one but my searching skills are mediocre. Thank you for letting me know and hope they fix it. I really like reading and posting the stories. If they wish they can delete this thread since there is the other one.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Hello, I cannot post a discussion, reply to a discussion or update old discussion in the Sims 4 story thread. Any insight or help?