Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone get bored playing TS4

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Good Post, @GlacierSnow.
    I also use mods and must admit that I probably wouldn't play the game without them (but I also didn't play TS1-3 Vanilla).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2022
    For me yes as Sims 4 does not have all the features of the older version and for me not able to change the static order of the neighborhood the neighborhoods are still the same regardless of what I lay down and you cannot alter the lot sizes and that take a toll on my creativity, and I have to create with what little tools that are given to me. You can't even create your own neighborhood which is the worst for me having it taken from me and then wait for EA/Maxis to make it. I do not have the zest to play Sims 4 as I did with the older versions and yes, I do go back to them to get my creativity on being this version is technically underwhelming for me. I know there are mods out there that can make gameplay more interesting but I do not use mods in this version or even the older versions and I still give kudos to those mod creators as some of those mods for me show that they know more about the game than EA/Maxis themselves.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Yes, I do get very bored of the game. I used to enjoy it, but I find that I can't just play the game with no direction (on my part). Meaning that I can't just go into a save and play without having a plan on what to do. In past games I can let the game guide me in a direction based on what my sim wants to accomplish or what not, but sadly I in TS4 I can't really do that, or I can but it just isn't very fun.

I'm eagerly waiting for this game to end though, not to necessarily move on to TS5, but to be able to mod the heck out of it and actually shape it into a game I would want to play without fear of an update breaking the (no doubt) many mods I would have.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Yes, I do get very bored of the game. I used to enjoy it, but I find that I can't just play the game with no direction (on my part). Meaning that I can't just go into a save and play without having a plan on what to do. In past games I can let the game guide me in a direction based on what my sim wants to accomplish or what not, but sadly I in TS4 I can't really do that, or I can but it just isn't very fun.

I'm eagerly waiting for this game to end though, not to necessarily move on to TS5, but to be able to mod the heck out of it and actually shape it into a game I would want to play without fear of an update breaking the (no doubt) many mods I would have.

Yes, once Sims 4 has seen its end of life I can also use mods w/o EA/Maxis messing up what does work with mods.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Update for me personally: so i now have turned aging off for the neighborhoods, and it is so much better. i feel that i can focus better on rotational gameplay, which is how i play. As for me, i don't use mods, but am part of some groups on facebook in which they talk about mods, and they seem to try to make the game more interesting. only thing is i never really used mods for any sims games, so may need help with that. i play the sims 2 vanila. the only other time i considered mods is to try to fix TS3. i do however, feel more creative in other games- like in the sims 2, i built a fun 2 story starter house. Also there is more lot sizes to choose from.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    I get bored with a particular game until a new story inspiration strikes, but I did that with TS3 as well. Not so much a factor of the game, as the creative process.
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I thinks everyone gets bored with the game from time to time. But I think it's mainly because we allow ourselves to get stuck in a rut by playing the same character type in the same lifestyle over and over.

This time, I'm actually going full flip-switch and it's exciting. My soms have positive and negative traits. Some of them compliment a family member's traits while others conflict. This is really giving me a new perspective on the game.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Not really - then again I have a metric crapton of mods and cc.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Nope, I don't get bored with Sims 4. I did with 3 and I didn't really like 2 that much. Sims 4 seems catered more to players like me. I don't have drama, I don't find it fun to have to game work against me and not go my way. I like that drama has to be player directed rather than randomly occuring where I don't want it to. And I've never been into challenging games. I've found there is so much to do in Sims 4. I used to play through the generations on normal lifespan and had my Sims complete aspirations, but then I got Get Together and Seasons and just had no time to do the fun stuff before the Sims died from old age. So I switched to long life span and don't bother with the aspirations and am having much more fun.

I also have different saves for different things like:
    • I have my main gameplay save where I play a family through the generations. I make each Sim different and pursue different activities and have different interests and life and career goals. I try to incorporate features from all my packs into this save.
    • I have my Dream Home Decorator save where I focus on one Sim and go around decorating the pre-made's homes. I turn aging off and fully focus on the Interior Designer career.
    • I have my Cottage Living save where I have one Sim and focus on the animals. I kept the Simple Living lot challenge on until I get sick of it, but surprisingly this lot challenge has been a lot of fun. Playing like this actually reminds me of Minecraft (peaceful mode). Having aging off and having just one Sim allows me to spend a lot of time with the animals and all the other things Cottage Living brings to the game.
    Playing separate saves like this makes them feel kind of like different games.

Also since I started making videos I have had less time to actually play the game so it is now much more rewarding when I do get to just play the game.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    @LiELF perfectly sums up how I’ve been feeling about the game’s AI.
    For a smart sim they’re a heap of work.
    Also, If sims are going to be all nicey nice to their nemesis, they might as well be sarcastically nicey nice:

“Howdy Neighbor! I hate you neighbor!”

08365-AF6-8-A47-4712-AF09-7-A973769-B05-F.jpg

“Howdy Neighbor! I hate you too neighbor! Come on in for some Apple pie, you Peach Hole. I baked your favorite. I promise it won’t kill you.

BABAE683-7-C4-A-4-B1-D-A2-DE-DA3-A561-CD6-F6.webp

I can’t say that I’m bored though. Whenever I get a bit of playtime, I focus a lot on building worlds for my stories and spend a huge amount of time in CAS before I finally get into the story telling. I just don’t really get there with my current schedule.
    Sims’ nonsensical behavior does tend to frustrate me once I dive into the story.
    I do use mods that create drama, but some of them are quite extreme and badly animated and often result in violence. 😅 I’d like to find a middle ground there. I also use a mod that has a pretty in-depth attraction system built in which I often use. But we shouldn’t have to use mods for these basic things. At this point it’s ridiculous.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 if you want a little more drama personalty please mod is great for sims acting badly toward people they don't like
    which I think the game needs work on as for getting bored sometimes I do but I have played for over 3000 hours
    and I enjoy the game very much
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • PhobostimePhobostime Posts: 38 Member
    > @comicsforlife said:
    > @CAPTAIN_NXR7 if you want a little more drama personalty please mod is great for sims acting badly toward people they don't like
    > which I think the game needs work on as for getting bored sometimes I do but I have played for over 3000 hours
    > and I enjoy the game very much

Do you know if that mod is compatible with the latest patch? I used to use it, and thought it was great, but took it out as it hasn't been updated for a while.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Yes, sometimes, but I just change things up for a while, do something different until my enthusiasm is recharged.
    Phobostime wrote: »
    > @comicsforlife said:
    > @CAPTAIN_NXR7 if you want a little more drama personalty please mod is great for sims acting badly toward people they don't like
    > which I think the game needs work on as for getting bored sometimes I do but I have played for over 3000 hours
    > and I enjoy the game very much

Do you know if that mod is compatible with the latest patch? I used to use it, and thought it was great, but took it out as it hasn't been updated for a while.

only way to find out is to try it and see not all mods need updates @Phobostime
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 if you want a little more drama personalty please mod is great for sims acting badly toward people they don't like
    which I think the game needs work on as for getting bored sometimes I do but I have played for over 3000 hours

I loved that mod.
    Unfortunately, one of the patches a few months back broke it for me. So for now I've given up on the game, once it's over though I will gladly come back to and and mod the crap out of it to where I can finally enjoy it.
    Astro wrote: »

I loved that mod.
    Unfortunately, one of the patches a few months back broke it for me. So for now I've given up on the game, once it's over though I will gladly come back to and and mod the crap out of it to where I can finally enjoy it.

works fine for me.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    It's boring without mods if you crave gameplay depth, the unexpected, and some edge and spice. If all you really want are fashion dolls and to decorate dollhouses, it's great, for feminine sims particularly (masculine sims' representation in clothing is a bit out there for ordinary streetcar rather than making statements)

Gameplay mods help a lot, at least for a while but the limitations will still show.

Interactions that were depthy in 3 and 2, are shallow in 4. Adult stuff especially has gone from believably passionate in 2 and to a slightly lesser extent in 3, to ridiculous in 4.

I think the divide between players who want it to be a safe predictable life in Pleasantville all the time, and those who want some chills and thrills to again be possible, is deep. In sims3, you can turn off occult at your whim, so if you want fairies but no vampires, you can have that, and still have all your cas iand build/buy items from the Supernatural pack. In fact you could disable all occult and still use the stuff from the pack. You can stop moon phases and not deal with zombie and werewolf moon related activities. You have choices.

That being said, werewolves can't do much to justify having them. Vampires in 3 can hunt, but them have to ask permission and if the person declines, welp that's that. So there even bad to be a mod to make vampires act like vampires instead of just a Halloween costume.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    No, it's just the opposite for me. When my gaming laptop broke I couldn't play for a week and I got bored... :D
    And I play 100 % vanilla game, no mods or CC. I've never found Sims 4 boring. I have so much to do in it, there's no time to get bored.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'm losing interest now but that's probably because I have found new interests on YouTube and other channels. I keep starting it up and using the Windows key to collapse it to the taskbar after a little while. Maybe this next pack might get my interest again. I need more building stuff though.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Not with my 6 different timeline game saves. I got too many different households on the go. And I only play vanilla with a lot of packs.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    No I’ve never got bored playing sims 4. I have played 1&3 in the past so I have comparison to my previous gameplay. Certain packs in 4 I love playing usually spa day, outdoor retreat and jungle adventure. The latter I never got bored of. What I have noticed with sims 4 I will play about 1-2 hours a day everyday which I don’t with 1&3 which I would binge play on a weekend. Also with 4 I do spend more time in bb mode then 3 and a equal amount to 1. I’ve never been bored of any of 1,3 and 4.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Sims 4 had Gamplay in 2017, but some people decided to complain and had it Nerfed, Now Vlad comes once in a blue moon, the moment they add burglars, they too will be getting the same Nerf treatment.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I think the longer this game goes on, the harder you have to work to make it fun, because you have experienced most of the game play that is there and more packs are just minor add-ons to game play. Plus interesting things rarely happen, so you have to make things happen.

I was having a blast with my Hogwarts sims.
    01-01-22_12-11-30_AM(2).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

01-01-22_12-26-46_AM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It was just a trial run to figure out how I would play it, but I got bored and haven't picked up TS4 since then.
    I will get back to it eventually.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I think the longer this game goes on, the harder you have to work to make it fun, because you have experienced most of the game play that is there and more packs are just minor add-ons to game play. Plus interesting things rarely happen, so you have to make things happen.

I was having a blast with my Hogwarts sims.
    01-01-22_12-11-30_AM(2).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

01-01-22_12-26-46_AM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It was just a trial run to figure out how I would play it, but I got bored and haven't picked up TS4 since then.
    I will get back to it eventually.

whoa! that's so cool! i like harry potter as well!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I personally think the sims 4 is how you make it, its a sandbox game, you create your characters, their homes and their world around them well community lots and neighbours etc, if the game is boring it's probably part of your fault hear me out, as I said you've got to create the drama, create the story for your sims, if your sims cheat on their spouse make them fight about it if you want to, you do have to get creative with this game and have an imagination, it's an older person dollhouse