Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Reserved for patch notes.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Thank you for posting this. I saw a post from another player, yesterday, suggesting we were getting a new patch for the game pack. This confirms it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,261 EA Community Manager

There won't be any notes for this one. Just behind the scenes fixes.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    edited February 2022
    EA_Cade wrote: »

There won't be any notes for this one. Just behind the scenes fixes.

Thanks! I can stop reloading the patch announcement forum. :p
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I don’t understand why they have not made at least 1 wedding arch the 1 main requirement. It seems like just a generic lot with multiple optional options which don’t mean much.
  • Waffle_64Waffle_64 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > There won't be any notes for this one. Just behind the scenes fixes.

very cool and supportive of the modding community, thank you
    netney52 wrote: »
    I don’t understand why they have not made at least 1 wedding arch the 1 main requirement. It seems like just a generic lot with multiple optional options which don’t mean much.

But not everyone wants to marry under an arch.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    but with no patch notes, how are we supposed to know what's being fixed? I think it's a bit sloppy, tbh.

Apparently we'll have to wait for information from moders, huh...
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Well, my game isn't showing the new patch version yet. So I think my game is not patched yet?
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited February 2022

I didn't know you could get married without one! Thanks for letting me know.

I mean, except for eloping.
    edited February 2022

I understand that and I play a lot of eloping weddings but for a actual wedding venue I think this should be a requirement. As it has no requirements and only options it might as well be a generic lot. It makes no sense to me.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022

I understand that and I play a lot of eloping weddings but for a actual wedding venue I think this should be a requirement. As it has no requirements and only options it might as well be a generic lot. It makes no sense to me.

Lot type controls NPC behaviours and what Sims randomly spawn, or not, at the location. It also controls what NPC service roles get automatically filled and which do not (such as mixologist, barista, etc). It's not just about what objects are on the lot. The main reason for lot required objects in the first place is because of the behaviours encouraged by the lot type.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    Yesterday I finally worked up the courage to update my game and all my mods. Now there's a new patch today. Please tell me this didn't break the mods.
    edited February 2022
    I do not understand these arguments we have bars in bars, gym items for gyms, restaurant items in restaurants, spas items in spas etc so why not wedding items or at least an arch on a wedding venue. This is a fancy name for a generic lot. The arguments that have been made can apply to any lot why is the wedding lot so different?
    edited February 2022
    I do not understand these arguments we have bars in bars, gym items for gyms, restaurant items in restaurants, spas items in spas etc so why not wedding items or at least an arch on a wedding venue. This is a fancy name for a generic lot. The arguments that have been made can apply to any lot why is the wedding lot so different?

You aren't understanding English then. The aspects of Lot type which I mentioned in my reply above are different for the Wedding Venue than they are for a generic lot. Just because you cannot 'see' that difference in a list in build/buy, doesn't mean they are the same. And that's the reason for it.

If you really want to know the exact specifics of the differences, use S4S and extract the tuning files for the Wedding venue and the Generic lot types and look for yourself.
    If you truly just want the venue to 'require' an arch, I suggest visiting Lotharihoe's site and getting the mod that makes that has that fix.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Well, my game isn't showing the new patch version yet. So I think my game is not patched yet?
    but with no patch notes, how are we supposed to know what's being fixed? I think it's a bit sloppy, tbh.
    Waffle_64 wrote: »
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > There won't be any notes for this one. Just behind the scenes fixes.

very cool and supportive of the modding community, thank you
    Yesterday I finally worked up the courage to update my game and all my mods. Now there's a new patch today. Please tell me this didn't break the mods.

I don’t think this patch changes the version number from the most recent patch that we got on the 15th of this month and I don’t think it’s going to have much effect on mods, because I’m pretty sure it’s specific to the new pack to fix the bugs we saw on the early access videos. It very likely has ho effect on the game beyond that other than repairing the wedding venue lot type, which was added to the base game.
    Stormkeep wrote: »

You aren't understanding English then. The aspects of Lot type which I mentioned in my reply above are different for the Wedding Venue than they are for a generic lot. Just because you cannot 'see' that difference in a list in build/buy, doesn't mean they are the same. And that's the reason for it.

If you really want to know the exact specifics of the differences, use S4S and extract the tuning files for the Wedding venue and the Generic lot types and look for yourself.
    If you truly just want the venue to 'require' an arch, I suggest visiting Lotharihoe's site and getting the mod that makes that has that fix.

Yes you are right I don’t understand English I’m so sorry. I don’t understand how a lot that is meant for weddings has no required wedding bb items my apologies.
    Yes you are right I don’t understand English I’m so sorry. I don’t understand how a lot that is meant for weddings has no required wedding bb items my apologies.

Someone already explained to you that an arch is not a 'required' wedding bb. There's literally no BB objects that are "required wedding bb". You can have two sims get married any time, any where, with no bb objects at all if you want. All you need is two sims that are engaged, literally nothing else.

That said, I made a mod that has some tweaks to the lot type for myself and thus I have looked at the tuning files for it. It looks to me like their intent was to have the arch as a required bb object on the wedding venue lot type. I don't know if they just changed their mind or if they failed to accomplish what they intended in the first place.
    Stormkeep wrote: »

Someone already explained to you that an arch is not a 'required' wedding bb. There's literally no BB objects that are "required wedding bb". You can have two sims get married any time, any where, with no bb objects at all if you want. All you need is two sims that are engaged, literally nothing else.

That said, I made a mod that has some tweaks to the lot type for myself and thus I have looked at the tuning files for it. It looks to me like their intent was to have the arch as a required bb object on the wedding venue lot type. I don't know if they just changed their mind or if they failed to accomplish what they intended in the first place.

Sorry what I mean is I know sims can get married wherever in any world on any lot without an arch. I elope my sims all the time and never use the wedding event or even have an arch. I hate planning weddings. My issue is this is meant to be a base game wedding lot and there are no requirements for any item related to a wedding. Yes my sims could still get married on that lot without an arch but to me a wedding lot is a wedding lot and should come with requirements. Maybe I am thinking too concrete about this. I think there needs to be a required wedding bb item to separate this lot type from others even if you don’t use it. I know people can use mods for something like this but they shouldn’t have to. I appreciate your explanation.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I still want the pack, but after hearing about the glitches it's showing, I'm not sure it's worth $20
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    The game is so full of bugs that I was in my order history to get a refund but I guess My wedding stories is not eligable. The aspiration soulmate does not check. Cannot do anything at the wedding. This is a total disaster. This is not a product for a customer! Iam angry very angry. Going to make a compilation of the bugs and put everything on HQ. This is not acceptable!
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/