Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which cover art style do you prefer?

As the title says, which cover art style do you prefer?

box-art.png

Which cover art style do you prefer? 168 votes

White Background
46%
CK213JeanMstybl95alexspoom13PlayerSinger2010StormkeeprhaliusmcruddIsb917elanorbretonncisGibbs02WyrrenJestTrualanmichael1MindofyYautjagirlKennziKaigeKatiardguezspice3LolaLuvsSims 78 votes
One Colour Background
4%
FanPhoriaEvilyn_1007NushkaSepiaRySBIOutlawWomanjpsulsuldagdagbird93 8 votes
Full Rendered Scene
48%
Akl500PcrocobauraEvvieSimmercherry022806IcewolfAlexaiJueJueCrazyMotherCoolsimgirl1010mystang1972loubylouloumonjr8302DarkLady2788sekojranagreydonnemluckysunshineMilutinMujovicKironidetaydevgc6164 82 votes

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    It's a toss up for me, I like the white background one, definitely not the colored. But the full render is ok too, although I could see certain packs being overwhelmingly busy with renders, which messes with me.

I like simple and minimalist.

The issue I have with marketing is that the poses, expressions, animations on cover art are FAKE, you do not see those things in the game, which is irritating to me, why not take actual screenshots and use those.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Full Rendered Scene
    I like the background with the full rendered scene, but would prefer it withe white background layout. Don't like the blue on blue colour scheme and the middle ne with one colour background is tiresome. Should have gone for a less bright colour, like a soft grey, would have been much easier on the eyes.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    White Background
    White was classy, but Full Rendered Scene is also ok.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Full Rendered Scene
    All the images are posed of course, but for me the fully rendered image looks more natural somehow, maybe its the colour choices, or the slight camera distance to some of the sims. I'm not sure.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    White Background
    It was really hard to choose, but I think something about the white background just cinched it for me.
    The issue I have with marketing is that the poses, expressions, animations on cover art are FAKE, you do not see those things in the game, which is irritating to me, why not take actual screenshots and use those.

Yeah, I agree!
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    White Background
    I prefer the white background, I find it more appealing because it is less busy, and the focus is on the Sims themselves, which is where I focus my gameplay too. From a marketing standpoint though, I think the full render makes more sense...because these packs contain a lot more than just Sims.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Full Rendered Scene
    I like seeing more of its contents at a glance. Wish a forth option had been included in the voting, the non-rendered fully drawn covers of the latest kits (ex Carnival Street Wear), they are far less appealing to me than the mentioned three and look low effort. Hoping to raise enough stink to prevent that style from finding its way into the stuff/game/expansion packs.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    D) I really could not care less
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    White Background
    I loved the first ones so much. The way they were coming up with colors of the rainbow was so fun. Whoever decided to go for the teal background ones should get fired.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    White Background
    Well, the way I see it with these specific designs is:

The first one kind of represents what I want the game to be about - The Sims, their relationships/friendships, how they react to things, how little circumstances can disrupt their moods (like the sunburn), their diversity, their differences, personalities, etc.

The third represents more of the game's development direction and its evolution - Strong focus on environment instead of Sims, happy outcomes, success, positivity, LGBT friendly, more build focus, general optimism...

And the second one represents the corporate truth behind the game - Snazzy marketing with "new" color-coded backgrounds to draw attention away with pomp and zazz, "trendiness", Sims that make a statement about something in the real world to gain attention, a message that says, "better yourself" by playing this game.

It's funny because the pack examples that were chosen just happened to make this stand out to me. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Full render, but with the banners and style of the white background.

I'm so sick of Sims 4 trying to be minimal or overly simple with its style. The covers look so tacky and unprofessional.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2022
    White Background
    Not usually a minimalist fan but personally I've always liked the original white, it showcases the packs well enough and I like how each pack had it's own colour design. Not a fan of the blue at all, the renders are an improvement on the all blue/green which (thankfully) only lasted a year but I'm still not a fan of having the blue banner at the top
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited February 2022
    White Background
    I mean normally not fan of white tbh its tad meh but I just liked when all packs had uniform cover look and they didn't edit the sims so much

now most recent packs +kit covers just look like freaking mobile games with all the edit edit make it overly complicated

ofc full render would be cool but only when they're actually true to how game actually looks like which i don't feel with these ones

mmh may I vote we bring back ts1 or 2 cover style instead at least those did focus on gameplay aspects
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    White Background
    That one grabs your attention more. At least it does mine.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Full Rendered Scene
    I miss the colors from the time of the white backgrounds. The icons are bland and boring now. I also greatly dislike the drawn kit covers. I hope those go away quickly. I like the rendered covers.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    White Background
    The white one is easier on the eyes and makes the new hair, clothes, objects stand out more to me.
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    White Background
    I voted for the white one for the colour of the banners and text. I like that there's a bit of texture/pattern in the yellow and some variation of tone in this and the text. I feel it gives the graphics more character than the flat blocks of colour used in the other two. Also the green and yellow are happier colours.

From a marketing perspective, I feel that showing less of what's in the pack on the front cover creates more questions for customers as to what else is contained and entices them to look into the pack in more detail.
    I think the last design gives away a bit too much and therefore customers might take one look, decide on the spot and take no further interest.
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    Full Rendered Scene
    I choose full rendered scene, but I liked these artworks with white background too.
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited February 2022
    White Background
    I prefer the old style, I did make all of my own dvd covers, but for a while I have not. I think the last one I did was Star Wars, so I have some catching up to do. I also need to decide on a colour for the kits mmmmm lots to do ;)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    White Background
    I prefer the old style with the white background. But without any physical cases it doesn't really matter much to me.
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    White Background
    I prefer the plain old white background. As long as the coloured block at the top matches what the content is - e.g. yellow for expansion, red for stuff pack etc. You can tell at a glance what you're getting without having a screen full of cyan.
  • Options
    ThatFlutterGuyThatFlutterGuy Posts: 19 Member
    Full Rendered Scene
    I would have been okay with the white background. It was uniform, I liked the color accent, simple enough. One color background was just a lazy version of its predecessor. However since full rendering came about I like that it gives a more detailed showing of the pack
  • Options
    HazelTeeHazelTee Posts: 15 Member
    Full Rendered Scene
    I like the rendered scenes, but I wish they'd only show things that are actually part of the game.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Full Rendered Scene
    I like both White Background and Full Rendered Scene but ended up picking latter because there's more potential for something visually interesting. I like it if you can see more features of the pack. On the other hand, there's also a possibility of it being more cluttered or just misleading, depending of the content.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    White Background
    Cover art never truly reflects a pack's contents in a literal enough way to matter, and that's the only way I'd see them as useful. As much as I appreciate the artists' effort, I'd just as soon have the team slap a title and a good description on it and be done with it.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)