Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wordpress. How to start for very beginners.

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    FeroshaCoutoraFeroshaCoutora Posts: 142 Member
    @MonaSolstraale Thank you! Haha, I had a lot of fun (okay and also screaming) trying to make it work. I completely get you on the plugins part. I lost the follow button and it really bummed me. I had to do a workaround that I'm still not 100% satisfied with but, sigh, it's too late now. I think you're making the right call!
    Dark Family Comedy & Paranormal Romance

r0AD3AN.jpg
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    @FeroshaCoutora I love the dark background of your website that emphasizes the mood of your narrative.
    I have tried to post a comment on your post but I get an error

Now to the technical question....
    How do you make your dropdown (spoiler) menus on your WordPress website? Are you using a plugin or is it part of your theme?
    I know how to make links to pages and posts, but sometimes I like to insert a spoiler or a hidden piece of text as part of a text.
    I have searched the web for a guide but I am lost.
  • Options
    FeroshaCoutoraFeroshaCoutora Posts: 142 Member
    Hi @MonaSolstraale!

I have been waiting for this feature to show up on WordPress forever. You're so right; it is such a lifesaver when you want to place a spoiler or just to make scrolling through some parts of the text easier. Here's how I got it (fingers crossed this isn't just with the new WordPress):

1. I edit posts and press the little "+" button in the upper left hand of the screen (turns on the block inserter).
    2. There are a million options to insert, like headings or images, but luckily this one is only in the 5th row down, under "Text." It's called "accordion."
    3. Once you insert it, you can edit the text for the dropdown to just like you would with any other section of your post.
    4. There is some option for adding internet explorer support with javascript, but I don't really know what that means, so I don't press it.

Hopefully, this works for you!

- sorry, WordPress put your original comment in spam. I fixed it :-)
    - Also, thank you for the compliment! I'm thrilled you like the site design!

Dark Family Comedy & Paranormal Romance

r0AD3AN.jpg
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited February 2022
    @FeroshaCoutora Thanks for your great tutorial :)
    Unfortunately, your crossed fingers did not help. Accordion is not found in my text options.
    It looks like I'll need to install a plugin .... or update WordPress to version 5.9.1
    I found the guide for Follow Button Creation .
    I need to think :)

Update:
    I have updated to WP 5.9.1 now and I still can not find an Accordion option. Maybe it's because of my theme or because I use a free version of Elementor.
    XmVJjYCl.png
    I finally got an opportunity to put Previous and next Post links at the bottom of my Post. It is clearly an improvement.
    It all seems to work as it should
    Post edited by MonaSolstraale on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top