Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favourite expansion pack from each iteration of the Sims?

124...Next

Comments

• StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Sims 1 - Hot Date
    Sims 2 - University
    Sims 3 - Late Night
    Sims 4 - Seasons
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    The Sims 1 - Superstar
    The Sims 2 - Nightlife
    The Sims 3 - Late Night
    The Sims 4 - Get Together
  • ImDragoneImDragone Posts: 76 Member
    Sims 1: Superstar.
    Sims 2: Seasons. = For seasons.
    Sims 3: Seasons. = For Geckos/"Aliens." And, for seasons.
    Supernatural is second place, by me. For fae, and genies.
    And, Showtime is third.
    Sims 4: Get To Work. = For Geckos/"Aliens."
    I love all of them, though! A lot! :D
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    I’ve only played Sims 3 and Sims 4. I’ve got all EP’s for 3 but none for 4. Supernatural is the one I use a lot.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    What expansion pack from each Iteration of the Sims is your favourite?
    Give your reasons for your choices if you would like to.

Mine are:
    Sims 1: Vacation.
    I really liked the snow world and took my Sims there all the time. They stayed there indefinitely and would snowboard on the half pipe, slide down the snow slides, have snowball fights and build snowmen.
    Sims 2: University.
    I liked the way the university dorms were done. It was a lot of fun having my Sim live there. The cheerleader coming in and chanting that song added to the entertainment of dorm life.
    Sims 3: Pets.
    I liked that I could fully control the pets. I usually had cats and horses in my household. The unicorns were great. They went really well with my cats. Whenever my cats got fleas I would have the unicorn cure them. It was also a lot of fun to have a teenage Sim ride a horse around town after curfew and have the Police chase after her, but never catch her because the horse didn't stop running until they got home.
    Sims 4: Island Living and Snowy Escape. I like both equally.
    In Island Living I really like the mermaids and Island life. The mermaids are fun to play as and I enjoy having my Sims swim in the ocean, play with dolphins, build sandcastles, and collect sea shells. This pack gives toddlers more activities to do than the basegame has for them. They can splash in the ocean, build sandcastles and play in the sand. The Island life is a relaxed laid back way of life and much closer to home for me.
    In Snowy Escape I really like the snowboarding and that there's a snow world (haven't had that since Sims 1). I have my Sims spend all day on the mountain. It's a lot of fun watching them following them down the mountain watching them do tricks and laughing when they fall at the bottom of the mountain. I like that Sims can sled with other Sims and that when they go hiking they chat with each other and look around at their surroundings while walking. I also like the Natural Hot Springs. They're a really nice addition that allows my Sims to relax and warm up in a snowy world.

I think for Sims was Hot Date I kind of liked watching my sims being romantically cute.

I think for Sims 2 it would be Bon Voyage because I had the most fun with that pack

Sims 3 is a tie between University and World Adventures. I love having my sim travel in Sims 3 and it never gets boring doing so. University in Sims 3 is still a blast. I loved that I can send my sim to university and have all these things to do. I can have them make friends and have a life while going to university without cheating and mods to make it where my sim can actually die from starvation or crash because they have no energy like in Sims 4 University which I will not put my sims into. I'll cheat a degree first. I hate University in Sims 4.

Sims 4 I don't know. I hate University and My First Pet. I like having spellcasters, aliens, vampires and mermaids in the game but their packs aren't a favourite for me. Everything is so lacklustre in Sims 4 without using CC and mods in my games I personally feel. I like elements in the game from where packs come but I don't love any of the packs enough to say I have a favourite. Here is to EA actually letting the devs do their job with enough time to do what they want and do it without breaking the game and us waiting sometimes a few months before the new pack makes the game even playable.

I apologize for my seemingly hated towards Sims 4 but it's more about disappointment than hate and anger.

I forgot all about University in Sims 2 I liked the cheerleader too. Vacation was lots of fun in Sims 1 too.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Too easy, I'm very consistent...except for TS1, but only because it had no Seasons EP.

The Sims 1 - Hot Date
    The Sims 2 - Seasons
    The Sims 3 - Seasons
    The Sims 4 - Seasons

Cottage Living is a very close 2nd for me for TS4 though.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    Sims 2 : Open for business

sims 3: Supernatural and generations

sims 4: get together
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,393 Member
    Sims 1: Superstar or Makin Magic. So difficult for me but I think I'll say Makin Magic
    Sims 2: University
    Sims 3: Generations
    Sims 4: Get Together
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,393 Member
    Never played Sims 1

For Sims 2, it's probably Apartment Life. It has a special place in my heart on account of being the first expansion I had.

Late Night and Supernatural for the Sims 3, as much as I love the simulation aspect, for me what really matters is the Occult potential.

As for Sims 4, Vampires, Realm of Magic, and Island Living are up there. Both for the Occult gameplay and because sometimes I just want a convenient deserted island to start a new save file from.

Are you able to play Sims 1 Complete Collection on your computer? It's a piece of history :)
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    TS1: Makin' Magic. This was the only expansion I brought (I don't count Livin' It Up/Livin' Large because it came with my copy of the game) and I brought it because I wanted magic in the sims.

TS2: Apartment Life. Despite the difficulty in getting a hold of this pack I love it. I needed it for the witches. I also love Free Time, even if it does swamp the Wants with hobby wants. But honestly it's a tough choice since every pack in TS2 was amazing.

TS3: Supernatural. Yes, there's a theme here. As far as I'm concerned this pack set the standard for what I expect from a sims expansion. Multiple new occults, improved vampires and ghost, beautiful new world, amazing CAS/BB. The only downside is the annoying zombies every full moon. It's not a pack but I also LOVE Dragon Valley and all the content it added (dragons!).

TS4: Get Together/City Living. I can't decide. So far I haven't been impressed with the supernatural packs. I do love the club system and when the festivals aren't buggy they're great fun. I also love the look of both worlds and they're my most used packs for decorating.
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    1) Hot Date
    2) Apartment Life
    3) World Adventures
    4) City Living
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif