Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Gotta make comments tomorrow, but I wanted to pop on here and say to @texansky , lady you're an angel. Thank you so much for the Store gift. <3 I squealed! :mrgreen:

thank-you-gif-2.gif

I'm especially excited to have this adorableness in my game now. :blush:

Thumbnail_300x300.png
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @Turjan I do have a witch but I hadn't thought of using him to help her. Maybe one day I'll look at it. After all I have Gaylord Koffi in my active household and he starts out as a resident ghost in the Sunset Valley graveyard.
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

@bekkasan Nice looking build, it will really suit your magic kingdom.
    Congratulations on being mentioned on the friday highlights, I am not surprised, that cottage is awesome!

53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    @bekkasan I forgot to congratulate you regarding your build in the Friday highlights. It sure was pretty :smile: .

@GraceyManor Thank you. So did the woman in the original book get clobbered a few times, too?

@Karritz Ah, I see. I had Gaylord Koffi in one of my saves, and he was quite entertaining :smile: . But it's true, death is not really permanent in this game, unless you want it to.
    I may as well post a few more pics, even if it's mostly more of the same.

Reminder to myself: Don't accept invitations to Leisure Day parties ever again. The push to use the pool was that overwhelming that it made any conversation attempts futile. Elvira did what Elvira does though, so that's the "highlight".
    ODpGSvn.jpg
    As an aside, I noticed that my decision to not give Elektra the Sentience chip paid off. I don't need to bring her to parties, because she even got the push to fertilize the garden - the one at home, to be clear - on the Striker lot and ran back home quickly after arriving (and getting slapped by Elvira).
    Ethan had never chatted with Stella Striker before, so he did that after the party had officially ended.
    sl5wQ2o.jpg
    A mistake, as it later turned out.

Work was slowly slogging along, and Ethan also had to go and fulfill some celebrity opportunities. Here he met Renee and Reuben Littler. Given they got divorced ages ago and don't live in the same household, they sure still do lots of activities together.
    2tfKVpc.jpg
    Some painting was done.
    Xi3nr0k.jpg
    Ethan developed some fondness for that mini dragon.
    vgNxTkY.jpg
    Hannah Smyth is a new colleague of Ethan, so it was time to get to know each other, when she threw a party.
    2Uuf1dK.jpg
    Another klepto... :lol:

Here, Harry Marks bugged out with one of his five kids from Polly Maloney. They don't have any money, but I went ahead and actually gave them beds, given they still live in Polly's old dump, which only had one single bed total for seven people.
    UkK2ghk.jpg

Another colleague of Ethan is Wayne Bumble, and Wayne threw a Spooky Day party. You must visit colleagues, don't you? He lives in that cabin at the water. The initial greeting happened in typical Wayne style.
    SRLkTNJ.jpg
    He fortunately moved on to insult Jun.
    1BnrAFU.jpg
    Wayne had some more guests that needed to be insulted, so Jun had an opportunity to do something else.
    kwvyHAm.jpg
    Wayne also had to feed some healthy sweets to hungry children.
    Gym0W6J.jpg
    So yeah, there wasn't much to do at that party, either.
    9Qvyi29.jpg

Ethan had a dance opportunity at The Grind, and he was constantly interrupted by Stella. Yeah, another Bridgeport loony...
    RHTjf7G.jpg
    FxKm8LV.jpg
    Fortunately, she didn't manage to interrupt the dance after Sugar Bijou asked Ethan to "dance wildly".
    k3VI0pY.jpg
    If you can't tell, she is in the third trimester, father is Matty Crewe. It's funny that Sugar had that highly pregnant waddle, but the dancing was done like always.
    aSoKGkV.jpg
    To be continued...
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @Turjan

Thank you, that zombie scared me
    had not planned for that lol.
    Stella also had her more lucid moments.
    npTFU7Z.jpg
    Beau was hungry, but he didn't seem to bite. Perhaps, the crazy is contagious.
    D9wqbLm.jpg
    I didn't recognize Vlad at the first moment. It's so unusual not to see him in black :lol: .
    MSgJvCf.jpg
    The dancing proceeded into the early morning hours...
    7nJ9bub.jpg
    ... with the occasional interruption by this.
    Jh4uZL6.jpg
    Jessica was also there.
    BliAWeN.jpg
    And the night was concluded with some last chat with Sugar.
    RkfYjJo.jpg

On a different note, didn't we talk about chest sliders recently? :smiley:
    nseubBh.jpg
    Ethan sometimes does stuff with the kids, here with Ephraim.
    85Jv2pA.jpg
    He has been too cheap to buy the Ambrosia recipe, so he stays "fresh" the cheap way.
    lwFXdYY.jpg
    The seasons dragged along, but finally...
    9IQN51s.jpg
    bJUhdPM.jpg
    He got to level 10 of his career, the reward fridge and his lifetime wish. Yeah!

Well, that's also a way to celebrate this.
    jjnlyMM.jpg
    Lots of snow was falling those days.
    X73u9vG.jpg
    Well, here we come to the final pic of this update.
    0wX5zez.jpg
    Until next time :smile: .
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @bekkasan Yeah, I almost feel guilty for not letting the honeymoon go a little more to her liking.. but the point of my game now is to watch them interact without to much of my interference, soo... :/

Also, nice looking screenshots, again. :P The western town looks very idyllic, like a place I would like to visit. :P

@lisasc360 Oh, sheep, wow, that is awesome! I have the knitting mod installed, but I haven't used it yet, because I have kind of forgotten it. :P But I will definately add the sheep too, and hopefully use it one day! A rural area isn't complete without some proper farm animals! Which brings me to cows and pigs and... ;)

@Astro Haha, that looks pretty cool. Definately looks like a trashy warehouse, though, I am glad I won't have to live there. ;)

@Turjan Oh yeah, of course. :P I haven't gotten tot he point to have a sim making simbots yet. :P They don't sound very appealing though, the way you put it...

Oh, Sofia has been having both positive and negative dreams and thoughts to children, and sometimes also when they talk, they appear to discuss it from their speech bubbles, as if they are actually discussing it to weigh the pros and cons.. :P

Hahaha, I don't think the cemetary was the greatest stop for a romantic honeymoon.. hopefully Sofia will get a wish to do something better next time.. or I'll just.. send them somewhere! :P
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    @bekkasan I forgot to congratulate you regarding your build in the Friday highlights. It sure was pretty :smile: .

@GraceyManor Thank you. So did the woman in the original book get clobbered a few times, too?

@Karritz Ah, I see. I had Gaylord Koffi in one of my saves, and he was quite entertaining :smile: . But it's true, death is not really permanent in this game, unless you want it to.

Actually yes she did, Poor Brianna got a beating.(Same names, just role reversed).
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited February 2022
    Okay, more okay play test with the sewing mod next.

The start of the sewing room.
    ExuChFyl.jpg

Elaine and Norman Joy stopped by to welcome Nathan and Dawn to Riverview.
    dmL8OSil.jpg
    VDPMPrWl.jpg

Elaine went around back to go meet Dawn. Norman on the other hand had left after Nathan and he got done chatting.
    jWydNlSl.jpg

Nathan came around back to tend to their small garden in the backyard.
    9HEMXGxl.jpg

The sheep eating from the trough.
    hQss1Til.jpg

Did more work on the sewing room adding more items that I already had in the game from ATS3.
    gVrNUkZl.jpg
    bAtSTInl.jpg
    fDhba5ll.jpg
    l5sZFZ0l.jpg

Elaine made her way upstairs to check out Dawn's sewing room.
    EClOQZkl.jpg

Dawn was excited when she saw her sewing room.
    hRDDlhhl.jpg

Dawn and Elaine talk about the weather outside.
    IpfXpJol.jpg

Dawn decided to try out her new sewing machine.
    dwWHLs6l.jpg

Nathan came upstairs to check out the sewing room and to talk to Elaine some more. She decided to give Nathan some flowers which he turned down while explaining to Elaine that his heart already belongs to Dawn.
    pWyLTnh.jpg
    VmAT2bFl.jpg

Elaine was disappointed that Nathan refused the flowers.
    YKwoM2ll.jpg

Nathan seen how upset Elaine was after he turned down the flowers that he joked about shedding. Nathan is a werewolf and Dawn is a witch.
    xvw3M4ml.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Fallen behind on chatting with y'all again! :grimace:

I've just been having loads of random fun in my Sims game these past couple of days. :star: Checking out the new and improved Praaven and also decorating in the Disney Magic Kingdom world where I have offered to decorate one of the house shells soocoolsim created. :blush: I'm mostly done with the exterior on it and will share pictures - and download link - when it's all done. :) I'm not quite sure yet what decorating style I want to go with for the rooms in the home, but I know it will come to me. I do think I'd like to have each room in a certain theme. :blush: Anyhoo!

@GraceyManor
    Thanks! I worked really hard on the first update.
    The book was soooo good.Of course for copyright issues, I changed
    some of it a bit and took out certain parts.XD
    ^You're welcome. :) And yeeeeah, good job there because you really wanna avoid any kind of copyright infringement. 👍 I know as a writer myself if someone were to take my work and claim it all as their own...I'd be furious. (And my stuff isn't copyrighted! :lol: Yet. :smirk: )
    Thanks for the links to the horse armor again. Some of those I failed to add to my medieval save. :open_mouth: I guess they got overlooked.
    Is that "The Heart of the Ocean" your fiancé got for you? <3 Wow! He really is the best! :star: But...I thought the guy in Britney Spears' "Oops" song went down and got it for her already?? :smirk::joy::p
    ----
    Jacob and Brianna's horse ride was cute. :blush:
    Geez...I don't think I could live my life getting threats from people without dying from a panic attack first! :flushed:
    I hope that loud sound was just Brianna or her mom... :worried:
    ----
    That's one of my favorites! Belle wore it when I had her marry Arthur in my medieval save.
    ^Lol! That's probably how I got the dress! Asking you about it! :lol:
    ----
    That was very sweet of Jacob to bring the horses back, even though he's not familiar with handling them. I like how impressed Brianna was by that. :blush:
    Jacob definitely has that intelligent, sexy Doctor look about him. You know I like it. :love::p
    Aww, look at him helping Miri with her science homework. <3
    Brianna is very brave to help him...I'd be too anxious to. But I guess it's his hotness that motivates her. :smirk: It would motivate me for sure! LOL! :lol:;)
    Loved this: <3
    He loved studying fish...But tonight he was studying something...or someone else.He watched Brianna with interest....She knew so many different skills. He would be lying if he said he wasn't impressed.
    Woah. That escalated quick. :open_mouth: These badguys are clever...
    ----
    I like how you do your texts in your story.
    Is someone pretending to be the sim for you? I need to know
    your secrete lol
    ^Oh, ha ha, no. :lol: I use this site to create them. :blush:
    https://ifaketextmessage.com/
    Thanks. <3
    Congrats to Leah! That's so exciting. I half expected
    Penny to be first though LOL.
    ^You're the second person who's said that to me actually. :p And I think it's cute. Harvey and Penny haven't even had sex yet. ;) They are waiting until marriage. <3
    Sorry to hear about your nephew. :( I hope he's okay now. We're ALL done with COVID 19......

@ZhakiraP
    emorrill Thank you <3 I am planning on writing this as a regular book (no pictures :p ), if I can manage it around my schedule.
    ^Right on! :smiley: Do it! :star: And I would SO read it!
    Thank you thank you for that link to the sim and horse armors. <3 I actually had that armor already - silly Em! - but I didn't have the Arabian horse armor so yeah, thanks a bunch. :blush:
    Sometimes you look through cc and you're like, "I dunno if that looks very good," so you don't add it to your game, but then you see it in someone else's game and it sheds a whole new light on it! :lol: Funny how that is!
    Looks like I need to head over to your story thread and read the rest. :) (Bookmarked! :star: )

@Brandontaylor I agree that the 90s had some pretty awesome comics, among MANY other things. :blush: I miss those days sometimes...
    I'm glad I surprised you with Leah's pregnancy. <3
    My honest opinion is that it is a great movie, although it does have a few issues. A lot of people say they wish they'd left out the Jack and Rose story and just did a retelling of the actual events. I don't mind the love story, but it's not realistic. Also, Jack getting right up front to say he's king of the world would not have happened. Crew would have told him to get out of there as passengers weren't allowed there. Also, Rose's behavior was completely unacceptable during the 1910's. I get she didn't love Cal, but that's not how a lady was expected to act then. Another issue I had is that Cameron decided to have the ship go straight down, instead of a tilt. New research shows the stern probably was only tilted like 28 degrees when it disappeared under the water. Lastly, it didn't really benefit from having Kate Winslet be topless.
    :star:MIC DROP! :star:
    Shout it from the treetops boy! :smiley:
    bow-down-gif-11.gif
    I 100% agree!!! Just the response I wanted to hear and figured were your feelings, but I had to ask anyway cause I was curious. ;) Right on! 👍
    Back then when that movie was in theaters ALL the church ladies we knew were like, "Oh it's such a GREAT movie! So historical! You gotta see it!" failing to tell us that there was a major nudity scene and so my brothers went to go see it with friends and they ended up walking out when that happened... I was proud of them. So was my mom. :star: She was just as flabbergasted as me that NO ONE from our church felt to mention that! And you remember what church I am from...(Desperate Housewives imho... :unamused: Sorry.... but kinda not sorry. :( ) Anyway! :mrgreen:
    Thanks for the reply comments. :blush:
    Lol, if you think I'm a huge Elvis fan, you should meet my grandma. :lol: She is a huge fan.
    ^Oh boy. :lol: Does she have Elvis memorabilia and decor all over her house? :mrgreen: I bet she was one of the girls that swooned over him back in the day. :smirk:<3

@lisasc360
    Lisa: You're welcome. Now if you excuse me, I need to answer my phone. Hello!
    Spam Caller: We've been trying to get ahold of you about your car's expired warranty...
    Lisa to spam caller: You can take your freaking expired warranty scam and shove it where the sun doesn't shine at.
    Spam Caller: But this isn't a scam as we really do need your info about your car so that we can....
    Lisa to Spam Caller: BLAH BLAH BLAH. GOODBYE!!!!
    LOLOLOL! I love it! :joy: My gosh those calls are SO annoying! Will they EVER end? :confounded:
    Did you know that they even called my 11 year old daughter about that carp!? She's not even old enough to drive!! :angry::lol:
    Great post! :)
    Oh my, I might have to try out the sheep in my game. :lol: 👍

@Astro
    And of course, 1 hour turns into 3 hours and I've definitely found more than a 'few' things.
    ^That's how it is for all of us when cc hunting. :mrgreen:
    I'd say you found the perfect items for a trashy/grungy sim. :lol: And the Warehouse is perfection. :star:

@Turjan Thanks for the reply. :)
    Oh, SP and MC unanimously said so, so it's definitely Wogan's kid. You know, Ethan may not be the monogamous type, but he doesn't interfere with any existing partnerships, regardless if it's just being in a steady relationship, engaged or married. If those sims want to go and cheat, they can try someone else.
    ^Oh, sorry, I wasn't implying it was Ethan that knocked her up. I was wondering if SP and the "mod that shall not be named" got her together with some other townie and it happened. :p
    I'm glad that Ethan isn't that type. 👍
    Yay for the Simmunity LTR! :star: (I forget about it all too often)
    Nice wedding dress you found there. Doesn't look as if I need any in my game anytime soon, though :lol: .
    ^Lol! :lol: Guess not. ;)
    Thank you for sharing the wayback link for the random genetics mod because I meant to try it out too. :star: I wonder why the creator removed it... :confused:
    ----
    I'll have to comment on your newest posts later. Gotta help hubby with more yardwork. :p

@Sprottenham Belo Horizonte, interesting name. :) I hope I'm pronouncing it correct in my head. :lol:
    Sofia woke up a little later to check her appearance in the mirror and the weather forecast for Belo Horizonte.. it wasn't looking very promising.. it was set to rain pretty much every day of the week, but hmm, I wouldn't trust that weather forecast if I was her... ;)
    ^I must admit I haven't been trusting the weather forecast much since moving to Arkansas because if I thought the weather was unpredictable in Utah, I was SORELY wrong! :lol: Arkansas weather has it beat!
    Cute beach house and I LOVE the view! :love: Me want!
    Darn ghost interrupting the romantic moment. :p
    Looks like you had lots of fun with this! :mrgreen:

@bekkasan *Gasp!* Your Fantasia Emporium is GORGEOUS! :star: I bow to your skills!
    What a fun place! :smiley: I had to crack up about the Cow Plant in the basement, :lol: but it's perfect! :star: And the broom riding area was a nice touch. :)
    Oooooohhh I LOVE how it looks at night! :love: (It's a picture worth sharing again)
    51886351658_f5b7a1bf50_o.jpg
    :star: Great job!!! :star:
    I'm downloading it for sure to add to my Disney world, along with your other builds. :kissing_heart:
    I hope someday soon I can send them to check out your build. :grin: .
    ^I look forward to it. :blush:
    Yay that you have the gorgeous wedding dress already! :grin:
    I need to finally add the Lone Ranger Horse Ranch to my Disney world because it's freaking awesim! :mrgreen: The ducks in the horse jump water, that's just stinking clever and cute! <3

@texansky Hey! You're able to post on here now. :grin: I'm glad.
    Your Room to Grow starter home is very cute. :blush: Nice for landing on $16,500 exactly! Such pretty upgrades you added too. :blush:
    Things bork a lot on the Sims 3 site unfortunately. :( I'm glad your incredibly sweet gift to me didn't. :kissing_heart:

@MamaSimTee *Waves* to you sweet lady. I hope you're doing well. <3

@Karritz Man lady, is there anything you don't know about this game? ;) You're so helpful. :star:<3
    Enjoyed your post. :)

@Emily4331 Your rework of Trish Stratus is spot on! :star: (It was cute to see your original version of her too. :) )
    Your comment here cracked me up! :joy:
    lol shoutout to the early 2000s beef lips. Lookin' like a STEAK. But she rocks it, don't get me wrong. :wink:
    ^Ohhhh I remember those days...when girls would outline their lips like that to make them look all the more plump and defined...sigh...that takes me back to high school for sure! :smiley:

Gotta take a break and adult again... Hope y'all are having a nice Monday (and day off if you got the day off. :) )

Happy Simming! :smiley:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    @lisasc360 That sewing room looks so cute! Do you have a link for the sewing machine?
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited February 2022
    Nothing is happening in my Sims game today. I’m sitting in a parking lot in Tsawwassen Mills waiting on my wife to get off work at 7PM.

I figure I’m gonna be bored out of my mind for the next seven hours since it is now 5 minutes past 12 by my iPhone.

Have to make gas stretch till payday. 😖 Pinching pennies till they scream. Sorry, Canada got rid of pennies, bow we’re pinching nickels (lowest Canadian denomination of coinage.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member

@Astro
    @lisasc360That sewing room looks so cute! Do you have a link for the sewing machine?
    Thank you... :) Here is the link for the sewing machine... :)
    https://modthesims.info/d/643837/ts2-gt-ts3-functional-sewing-table-beta-v1-0-9.html

@emorrill

@lisasc360
    Lisa: You're welcome. Now if you excuse me, I need to answer my phone. Hello!
    Spam Caller: We've been trying to get ahold of you about your car's expired warranty...
    Lisa to spam caller: You can take your freaking expired warranty scam and shove it where the sun doesn't shine at.
    Spam Caller: But this isn't a scam as we really do need your info about your car so that we can....
    Lisa to Spam Caller: BLAH BLAH BLAH. GOODBYE!!!!
    LOLOLOL! I love it! :joy: My gosh those calls are SO annoying! Will they EVER end? :confounded:
    Did you know that they even called my 11 year old daughter about that carp!? She's not even old enough to drive!! :angry::lol:
    Great post! :)
    Oh my, I might have to try out the sheep in my game. :lol: 👍
    Thank you... :) When I see those types of calls in the game where there's no name calling to talk to my sims, I play them off as scam callers because that how I pretty much get when they call and won't take no for an answer, I start yelling into the phone to the caller telling them where they can go with their scams...lol
    That's just crazy that they would think that an 11 year old needs stuff like that.
    You should try them. You can even put them on an empty lot that you can place any where in the world.

• Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Lol getting no notifications for any mentions on this thread, so if I miss anyone I'm sorry. :( Website bad.

@Turjan Thank you :smiley:

@Puddinroy I remember you talking to me about wrestling before! :3 Glad I'm not the only wrestling nerd around these parts. :tongue: Speaking of Sting, I was watching my brother-in-law play a super old Natsume wrestling game for the 3DO which, of course, had wrestlers from USA, Mexico, and Japan that were very clearly based off real famous wrestlers from around the time, but with name changes, of course. :tongue: For whatever reason, Sting's name in this game is "Skunk." :lol: I was dying when I saw that. LOL Ahh, yes, Skunk. Known for his Skunker Splash. :sweat_smile:

@emorrill Thank you :kissing_heart: I was hoping someone else had memories of the beef lip era! :lol: In a way, though, it looked...good? :lol: I actually think beef lips are making a comeback! Exciting stuff. What's next? Layering 8 different shirts? Skirts over jeans? :tongue: Everything old is truly new again eventually!
    Yeah, I don't know what's up with that, not getting notifications, I didn't get one either from bekkasan 's comment, but I saw it anyway. :P

@bekkasan Thanks for the comment. Well, honestly, I probably don't know myself excactly how it is pronounced, also Belo Horizonte is a real place, it is a city in Brazil. However, it is far inland in the country, so it is not an island at all! :P But I do like the name, and I thought it was fitting. :P

Thanks about the beach house, and yeah, Sunlit Tides is a very pretty world. ;)

Haha, again I don't think the graveyard was the most romantic place they could have gone too, but you know. :pensive:

---

Otherwise, I just tested positive for covid yesterday.. and here I was thinking that I would actually be able to dodge it.. meh, of course not! :P Oh well, it's not to bad.. feels a bit like the common cold or flu and I just got four days off from work because of it, so.. here I am. :P
    th1das9.png
    Chapter 16.8 – Belo Horizonte: Day III – Spring Festival, Love eggs and a little more action..

FLCTFQX.jpg

Palash was a little confused this morning... he woke up early, not at all fully rested, and put on his business suit and was on his way to work... before he came to himself realizing he was on his honeymoon and went back to bed again..

Q3t5YIT.jpg

When he woke up for real.. he was still thinking about that graveyard.. and got another wish to go there ..again... but come on man, you just went there yesterday.. today it's Sofias turn to get her wishes fulfilled...

eB7zE2A.jpg

Well, so far Sofia doesn't really have a wish to go anywhere in particular, so she walks up to her husband, who just changed to his swimwear, for a little more conversation... She decided the topic, and it's all about children, and not a negative speech bubble is seen from either of them throughout the conversation, like they are in perfect and harmonious agreement! :P

m28VfXo.jpg

Palash really likes what he hears, so he gives her a romantic hug, and she initiates a flirt with him..

t32E7sY.jpg

..before he wants to tell her another ghost story, but she ignores him this time, to check up on her own appearance in the mirror..

cDUuqyW.jpg

She has made up her mind now, and doesn't want any more graveyards and talk about ghostly stuff, so she suggests that they go to the spring festival instead, once she has realized that today is Spring Festival Day. ;)

KWlGqs6.jpg

It's not that long of a drive this time, so they quickly make it there. Palash goes to a speaker to close his eyes and listen to the music while he digs to the summer breeze. ;) Sofia immediately begins to look for love eggs. It's still october, even though it is spring, so they aren't called easter eggs down here. ;)

RLQ3T18.jpg

t25iIxj.jpg

There are plenty of eggs around, but Sofia quickly got some competition as both this woman, Palash and several others joined in on the hunt. ;)

v32A83u.jpg

Update continues in spoiler:
    0kvitVl.jpg

Palash didn't find a single egg, though, because he had to run quickly to the restroom.."Get out of my way, Sofia! I'm in a hurry! Owwowowow!"

lqLUrzz.jpg

Sofia keeps on looking for eggs, and finds a descent amount, until one of the locals walks over to brighten her day.. Sofia yawns at him and finds him soo boring, she was having a pretty good day already, and wasn't in need of a conversation with this man.. :P

seiG2ws.jpg

CsV4A5y.jpg

Palash has found a game of horseshoe, and Sofia is getting hungry, so she excuses herself from the boring man to go get a hamburger from one of the food stands.

Gj6eUyW.jpg

Sofia finishes her burger on one of the benches, while enjoying the fine view. Palash gets hungry too, and follows suit.

e6qJcA0.jpg

Sofia than wants a little more action and gets a wish to go bowling, and goes for a dance while she waits for Palash to finish his meal. ;)

RKYNZ08.jpg

"...but does this place have a bowling alley?" Palash asks his wife. "I don't know" Sofia replies, "but I will call for a taxi later and ask if they can take us to one! They should know if one exists and where it is!"

G4oX8su.jpg

Oh, looks like this is one of Sofias lucky days. The taxi driver can inform them that one just miraculously happened to open just very recently, and he knows excactly where it is. ;) The little beach house they have rented is seen to the right in this picture. Must be some late evening mirage occuring, because it looks like it's missing its roof, but it still perfectly intact..

xSzBP70.jpg

The taxi driver drops them off at "The Bowlers Refuge" and they go inside to check it out.

tZhZSxu.jpg

It's not very crowded on it's opening night, so they get it all to themselves. Sofia immediately thinks about kids toys again..

5aiU4aq.jpg

It's just them there and a barista behind the counter that seems to have a great time there, laughing by herself.. "Look at those tourists.. what do they think they're doing!? This is bowling, not a game of baseball..!"

WlqPFsN.jpg

Laughing baristas aside, Sofia and Palash have a great time bowling, and Palash ends up winning the game 26 to 25.

NxqtCuW.jpg

During the bowling match, Sofia gets another wish to woohoo that says "Woohoo with Palash", so now she as two wishes related to this action. Since yesterday, she has had a wish to "woohoo in the jacuzzi", so I think it's time she gets it fulfilled now..

VuJ32VW.jpg

After the game, she immediately begins to flirt with him and it becomes a date. It's getting late, and she suggests that they should go home, there's no time to sit and wait around.. A little less conversation, a little more action, please. ;)

uS9mBNK.jpg

So she calls for a taxi, but there is a problem.. this almost Moby look-a-like appears to be blocking her way, but only her way, to get home.. Palash can get into a taxi just fine..

I have no idea who that is, but I go to town hall and ask if they have seen any man that looks like this picture, and sure they have. They sift through their registry of everyone in town, and tell me his name is "Nils Frogner", so I ask them to give him the reset boot so that he ends up standing in his own home..

uM1URQe.jpg

"Ah, it must be the old age getting to me" he thinks "I could have sworn I was out on a late night stroll just mere seconds ago..."

That didn't work, though.. Palash is already on his way home in a taxi (!), yet Sofia stands there and desperately calls for a taxi three more times, but she always gets the same response.. "Sorry, we can't deliver a taxi to you, Nils Frogner is ahead of you in the queue!"

PFJRwCu.jpg

I almost contemplate using "force kill" on that muggle, but I have mercy, so instead Sofia gets to travel through the aether for a short while, to instantly appear home, and actually makes it there before Palash and the taxi arrives...

ieQOhUx.jpg

"Huh?" she thinks as she observes the taxi entering the driveway... "What..? What happened? How could he get...? Why did I not get a..? Why am I suddenly standing here...before the taxi...? I... I understand nothing of this...??"

uJgZILl.jpg

Well, anyway... she shrugs it off, and they walk inside. Palash now has a wish to kiss his wife, his first romantic wish since their arrival, so he folds his arms around her, and goes for the lips. :P

q7X5xVX.jpg

Sofia now has two wishes related to woohoo, and I say that overrides everything, even if he doesn't have a wish for it, so she goes for the action, and I deliberately leave it up to her to select where she wants to do it. ;)

QIa062l.jpg

As I had hoped, and probably should have been expecting, she calls for Palash to go outside, and jumps into the jacuzzi.

1X4NPJT.jpg

He's a bit of an oddball, because he actually puts on more clothing before he jumps in, but uh...

y5Za93l.jpg

They sit down and cuddle for a bit while exchanging sweet words to each other, before the action finally begins. ;)

vUhl4x4.jpg

Woohoo! ;)

McRJMvc.jpg

Sofia is now very satisfied, having fulfilled two wishes in one go! :P

bEoYB9j.jpg

Now there is nothing more left for her to do, so she immediately gets up to go to bed. Palash sits there for a while longer to relax a little, still fully clothed..

I8PyyDN.jpg

..before he joins her in bed as well, and they fall happily asleep..

aAUznFx.jpg

yHHS2yF.jpg

Good night. ;)
    th1das9.png
    @Turjan

Great updates, I have a mod that stops date calls
    I found them so annoying if my sim was in a relationship. I don't know if there is a
    mod for other invitations though.

@bekkasan

Lovely buildings, you have a wonderful talent to build
    lots!

@lisasc360

Funny updates
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

@bekkasan Thanks for the positive feedback on my latest home.

@Astro Thanks for the response. When you say patterns and CASt items won't show up in uploads properly, are you referring to custom patterns and custom clothing/hair you use in CAS? Does that also include color changes in patterns and clothing that you do while in CAS? Would that include color changes done in Buy/Build mode as well?

I restarted the Farming Challenge with a Twist today. I had originally begun it a week ago, but I wanted a do-over as I made a few mistakes in the beginning. I have decided that I will try to take more screenshots and track my finances better.

The Marsden Farming Challenge

Narrated by Loni, unless otherwise specified.

Meet the Marsdens:

Loni Marsden:
    c4e74b_57488b279faa49c683b985e9380aaaca~mv2.jpg
    texansky: Leon had a change of gender, grew out his hair, and bought a new wardrobe.

Her dad Fred:
    c4e74b_601d3010ce9f45fea100344c2942f2c1~mv2.jpg
    texansky: I cut Fred's hair and shaved his face. He has a few new clothes as well.

Week 1: Sunday

We started the day with §500. I put the money in an old piggy bank I found on the mantle. When I opened it up, I found §100 inside!

This place is a pigsty! I hardly know where to begin. I've decided to start with the laundry so I have clean clothes to wear to school tomorrow. Don't want to make a bad impression on my first day. At least Dad found the rocking chair on the big porch. Maybe he'll stay out of my way.
    c4e74b_49d366a771244c90b70fc06a3f095c3f~mv2.jpg

Just great! The washer decided to break after the first load. Now I've got to fix it before I can do any more laundry. I'll hang the sopping clothes as soon as the washer is functioning again.
    c4e74b_731c98ed5a0a43e1ba2fed53415e2c13~mv2.jpg

Before I have a chance to hang the clothes, some crazy gal in a llama suit rings the doorbell and drops off a basket of stuff from her university. Like I can afford to go to college! I haven't even graduated yet. And now she wants to chat? I don't have time for this. I chased her off.
    c4e74b_cc2248d455f641c08058a4f93b47c1d5~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_899fc9e5c24a40a38c0686eb52e04658~mv2.jpg

Well, at least I'll have something to wear for tomorrow. I've got to fix the kitchen sink before I bother mopping the floor. And Dad will be hungry soon, so I better clean the counter so I can make us a salad.

Loni: Dad! You know the doctor said you are not to do anything strenuous! Why are you cleaning the counter? They just delivered a bookshelf. Go read something.
    c4e74b_10304f8330814cac875d26257dac5245~mv2.jpg
    Fred: All right. But I feel so useless.

Loni: You can pay the bills when they come due. I put the money in the piggy bank on the mantle.

I hope the §125 is worth it to keep him occupied. Now to tackle that sink.
    c4e74b_e261078c8aa742acb91ef3b3678aaba7~mv2.jpg

I finished the sink and mopped up the water on the floor. Then I cleaned the prep counter and made an autumn salad for lunch.

After I ate, I went to use the restroom and Dad had clogged the toilet. To top it off, both the sink and tub are flooding the bathroom!
    c4e74b_a6b3d937cbcd486cac3b00d88e8b1dcc~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_e6e44b20ee6541ca8348fc4b4c0d3c74~mv2.jpg

I didn't have time to clean the toilet, and had to sit on that disgusting seat! I am so grossed out now! If I'm going to be presentable at school tomorrow I need to take a bath. I fixed the tub and cleaned it. Now to relax.
    c4e74b_b9bdb0e354d344578e05da683ce7f592~mv2.jpg

That bath was so refreshing! It's midnight already? I'm going to sleep like a rock. I'll haul that junk out of my room later. I should start a garden tomorrow.
    c4e74b_29d6e8df82a746d3859e3bb7edea2713~mv2.jpg

Family coffers: §475.

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited February 2022
    @texansky I believe it's only CC patterns and CAS parts, as well as CC build/buy.
    This thread has posts that give more detail -> https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/586965/dc-backup-folder-deleting
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    @emorrill You are very welcome. Hope you enjoy it.

@Karritz So, if I delete all the files in DCBackup then I can't upload anything that includes store items as they won't attach to the upload? I did find a couple of lines that list files attached to the homes I tried to upload. They are type Sims 3 Store Package files. I assume this indicates that I used store content in the build?
    I don't have anything in the Sub-Type column on the actual package file on the top line. Given that information, does this mean that the file is fine and just includes store content?

@Astro Thanks for your prompt reply. I'll check out that post you linked.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    texansky wrote: »

@Karritz So, if I delete all the files in DCBackup then I can't upload anything that includes store items as they won't attach to the upload? I did find a couple of lines that list files attached to the homes I tried to upload. They are type Sims 3 Store Package files. I assume this indicates that I used store content in the build?
    I don't have anything in the Sub-Type column on the actual package file on the top line. Given that information, does this mean that the file is fine and just includes store content?

If you have deleted all of the package files from DCBackup and you've used store content and 3rd party content in your creation then, from what I've read, when someone downloads the item from the Exchange the store content will be in it but the 3rd party content will not.

If you have left all of the files in DCBackup and you load to the Exchange then the 3rd party content will load with it as it uses the file from DCBackup.

Sometimes, if you've still kept all of the DCBackup files and you load to the Exchange, random package files from DCBackup may attach to whatever you upload and you won't know anything about it until someone starts complaining about downloading things and they have found extra files attached. I've read of people downloading some small item from the exchange and discovering multiple large lots with things attached to them all attached to the item just downloaded.

I have only loaded things to the Exchange when I knew my computer had no 3rd party content on it. Once I had problems loading a sim. It just wouldn't load. In Custard I could see something was attached to it. Eventually I discovered it was her career outfit that the game had assigned to her. It was a green skirt. Bright lime green and I hated it so never used it, at least not without recolouring it. I think it was store content. I know it wasn't 3rd party CC as I didn't have any of that on my computer at the time.

Another time I had big issues trying to load a sim to the exchange. The problem was caused by me changing my mind and deleting her from the exchange, and then loading her again. I think I wanted to change something - it might have been just a change to the text I wrote about her for the Exchange. Anyway, she had loaded successfully the first time but it was impossible to load her again. I eventually changed her file name slightly and she loaded straight away. So, if you've already got something on the Exchange with the same name as what you're trying to load you may not be able to load it.

Crinrict is an authority on these types of things. Here's a link to her site where you can read more about it.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

Custard
    I use it occasionally. When installing CC to my computer I tend to extract the package file and put it into the mods folder. I don't load anything to the Exchange now as I have a lot of CC on my computer and don't want any of it to mysteriously attach itself to what I might upload.

From what I understand, Custard is a very old program. It was written soon after Sims 3 was released and never updated. It is still used because we have nothing else that does the job. But it doesn't find everything it needs to find and it sometimes highlights something as a problem when it isn't. So, if you put something through Custard all you can say is Custard didn't find any issues with it. That isn't the same as saying there are no issues with it.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/custom-content-cc/bad-cc/custard
    https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-delphys-custard.html
    @Emily4331

you did a wonderful job, remaking that older sim,
    the new one turned out great.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/997703/wilderness-hideout-suspense-romance-sims-3-story#latest
    Started a thread for my new story, just in case someone misses updates and wants to reread it.^_^ I can't sleep tonight so I'm simming at 3:30 in the morning.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@lisasc360 Cute new family!
    Nice sewing room. I love it. I made one a few years ago for Gardenia with just the lovely cc that was available then. The room was narrow so the pictures are not that great.
    34683313235_353f5222dd_o.jpg
    33873506353_6b6ae0d492_o.jpg

@Astro Love the warehouse.

@Emily4331 Nice to see ya! She's gorgeous and looks pretty darn close.

@Turjan Thanks for the comments. My son saw it and thought it looked very New Orleans. Those balcony's are very common in the south.
    lol, I just had to use that cowplant! I love it. Most of my supernaturals eventually get one. Hmm, someone in Mary's save needs one!
    Years ago I had a bunch of party guests start making baby food. I finally had to put the processor in the family inventory. Was driving me batty. One toddler and at least 10 bowls of toddler food before I stopped them.
    My lap top was terrible. I had to take out Pets, Seasons, all SP's and most of the store stuff to run it decently. And yep, no large worlds at all.
    I am trying to be gentle with the desktop and monitor it closely since I know nothing about puters and can't afford a new one.
    lol, a second job to make ends meet! I wish my second job was that much fun!
    Thank you. That was a total surprise seeing the log cabin on the highlights.
    I don't blame Elektra for running home to garden. Very therapeutic after being slapped around by Elvira.
    Great party pics! LOL at Wayne. He married Elvira in one of my saves. He wouldn't let her keep that half human baby so the father, my sim raised the boy.
    Ethan sure is a social man! :love:

@GraceyManor Thanks for the comments. Are you still testing the Disney lots?
    Jacob looks so cute in his western clothing! :love:
    Well the bad guys are certainly intent on making sure his brain stops working. :grin:

@ZhakiraP Thanks so much for the comments! I'm really enjoying helping with the Disney Collaboration.

@Sprottenham I'm too much of a busybody to not interfere in my sims lives. :grin: I just can't sit back and watch them. Well, maybe if someone tied my hands behind my back. :lol:
    I'm sorry you caught it! I'm really glad to hear the symptoms are mild.
    Yeah, the notification system is borked and I read every post on this thread so I don't miss anything. I'm a little bit obsessive. :grin: I also bookmark threads that I want to follow so I don't miss anything on those. lol, I have 11 pages of bookmarks. Someday when I'm bored and have absolutely nothing else to do I should delete most of them. Most are not active threads now. :lol:
    I'm happy to see that the honeymoon is progressing in a more positive direction! Those are great wishes to fulfil!

@emorrill Thank you! That was my favorite picture of Fantasia Emporium.

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you. The most recent pictures I posted are not ones I built though. I always tell who built them in my comments on the pictures.

@texansky Thank you.
    Wow, what a rough start for Loni!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top