Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories: Alot of Missed Opportunities

Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
edited February 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
A theme with a lot of packs are good ideas but poor execution. Here is just some stuff off the top of my head that could make My Wedding Stories a better pack.

Assign seating- Before there is the wedding, have the sim go to the venue and have them choose where everyone will sit. That way the AI doesn't have to try too hard to figure out where everyone has to go so and it should run smoother.

Debt- Weddings are expensive. Sometimes people pend way too much on their wedding day. Just brought a new wedding dress for 100,000 simoleons, the ring was 200,000 simoleons ect. Now the repo man is showing up and is taking everything you and your spouse we're going to build a future with. The longer it takes you to clear the debt the more your romantic interactions fail due to stress. Will you stay together or will this break your true love.

Divorce- Sometimes things just don't work out. Split up your assets. Who gets custody of the kids? You can agree to on times when you can see your kids and pay child support. Relationship is impacted if you do or don't. And different scenarios on how the relationship ended. Separation doesn't always have to be messy.

Wedding Crashers- Let's say maybe before you were getting married you may have forgotten to end relationship with someone. They show up and confess their love for you. What is your sims to do? Call of the wedding? Tell them to beat it and go through with the wedding? Point is if you set it up then it should happen. It's your story after all.

Romantic Poses- Holding hands, Kissing, the cutting of the cake.

Strip-I mean Dancers!- It's rated T but it could still be heavily implied. A fireman or cop shows up and does a crazy dance. I mean we have the bubble blower for gosh sakes.

Soulmate Aspiration That Means Something-When I go through the trouble of doing the soulmate aspiration it means these things will be committed to each other until death do them part. You know what-even in death they will be together because they are soulmates. So absolutely no cheating or romancing other sims, ever.

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited February 2022
    The Sims 4 - A lot of packs with poor execution...

That about sums it up. One thing that I've noticed is how surface level most of the packs are, but this one.... well, this one just sucks. I love your ideas though, too bad nothing remotely close to those are actually in the game pack.
  • Options
    candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Don't forget the veils. ;)
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    candyboot wrote: »

I understand that they can't make veils separate from the hair because it will clip. But why didn't they make more hairs with suitable veils for specific styles?
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The first opportunity they missed is for what is there to actually work properly. I'll warrant that a base game wedding works better.

Ixnay on the exotic dancers. Weddings are family events with kids present. Not Sims appropriate for any situation, actually.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We all know that the reason it's been put off is because the pack is so broken.

But as you say there's so much missing.

I wonder if they left stuff out on purpose when they handed it around to gamechangers, and that's why it seems so thin in places, specifically things that were still hideously broken.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    So so much they could have done..
  • Options
    Veils are a staple for many when it comes to the brides attire.. so shocked they didn’t add any really
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2022
    The first opportunity they missed is for what is there to actually work properly. I'll warrant that a base game wedding works better.

Ixnay on the exotic dancers. Weddings are family events with kids present. Not Sims appropriate for any situation, actually.
    I had one idea on managing children at weddings.

In the morning or afternoon wedding I would put the children in their own zone with a clown to entertain them after the toasts. The adults need to have fun. I might try using the door lock system to set who can go where.

In the evening the children wouldn’t be up late so the parents could take them home and come back. Options to hire the nanny for guests to return would be good.
    All risqué options are greyed out while children are around.

NB: Online dating should have been added, more variety of veils and a new hot tub!

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    What I really miss is the gameplay besides the weddings. Where are the careers and aspirations?

Careers:
    - Event Planer: you start with planing children birthdays and end in a weddings.
    - Freelance Baker: start with cupcakes and end in wedding cakes. It also should include the bakery skill.
    - Sewer: like knitting and not only for wedding dresses
    - Juweler
    - Mayor for the city hall

Aspirations:
    - Coking: baker
    - Romantic: perfect wedding
    - Creativity: Sewer

This could make the pack also intereting for player like me who are no so interested in weddings.

• Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member

That is your opinion though. For me weddings are what you want them to be. I’ve been invited to weddings where kids were not allowed. 18+ guest list in age.

And the dancers are for the batch party, not the actual wedding. You don’t bring kids to your nectar induced batch parties now do you?

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited February 2022
    candyboot wrote: »

I understand that they can't make veils separate from the hair because it will clip. But why didn't they make more hairs with suitable veils for specific styles?

The real question is why can't they do it if modders have been doing it for ages. 🤷‍♀️

They could just add modified versions for different types of hairs, is not THAT hard...
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Elisdream wrote: »
    The real question is why can't they do it if modders already did. 🤷‍♀️

Because they actually care about clipping which would occur with a lot of hairstyles, while cc creators do not.

I have never downloaded a hair accessory CC that didn't cause clipping issues with some hairs.
    Mind you, I'm fine with that, as long as it's not tagged as "allow for random", but not everyone would be.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited February 2022
    This is probably how I would have changed the pack. I'm aware that they are working with a limited budget so I'm also suggesting what they could have cut in order to add things:

Add: Things to improve the other events like the bach parties (like dancer npcs for example), more romantic actions, attraction system (although that should probably be a game update), a gameplay item that gives you something to do on Tartosa like a pizza oven.

Cut: A lot of the cakes, did we really need that many? Throwing the bouquet, Throwing rice, All the different roles like the Flower pal etc. I think Slow Dancing and some simple animations where everyone would have taken their seats would have been enough. Yes, that's not as exciting, compared to what we are getting but I think that they put all their resources into the weddings and everything else did not get much development.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    logion wrote: »
    This is probably how I would have changed the pack. I'm aware that they are working with a limited budget so I'm also suggesting what they could have cut in order to add things:

Add: Things to improve the other events like the bach parties (like dancer npcs for example), more romantic actions, attraction system (although that should probably be a game update), a gameplay item that gives you something to do on Tartosa like a pizza oven.

Cut: A lot of the cakes, did we really need that many? Throwing the bouquet, Throwing rice, All the different roles like the Flower pal etc. I think Slow Dancing and some simple animations where everyone would have taken their seats would have been enough. Yes, that's not as exciting, compared to what we are getting but I think that they put all their resources into the weddings and everything else did not get much development.

I disagree, I am happy they added all the cakes, flower girl/ring pal, throwing bouquet and rice etc. Those are all big parts of the actual wedding ceremony. I would have liked dancers and more activities for the bach party but not at the expense of the wedding content.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited February 2022
    MichelleW wrote: »

I disagree, I am happy they added all the cakes, flower girl/ring pal, throwing bouquet and rice etc. Those are all big parts of the actual wedding ceremony. I would have liked dancers and more activities for the bach party but not at the expense of the wedding content.

Yeah well...that's how game development works unfortunately. Especially since Maxis resources seems very limited. But I understand that people might disagree.

Best case scenario would of course be for Maxis to keep all that they added to weddings, and also improve everything else in this pack.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »

I agree. It's a wedding pack after all. Keep the actual wedding stuff.

Only things I wish were added was a functional rehearsal where you set up the flow of the wedding in a pop up, watch it play out in real time with your Sims, decide if you wanna keep it or tweak it for the big day, and then just press play at the wedding and watch it unfold.

Also cake dancers would've been great to differentiate Bach parties for those that want something wild. And I wish we had an actual jewelry store to pick it wedding jewelry at, that cost my sims some simoleons.

• Options
    I think that the sims team could have done more on trend gowns that were both simple and structured which would have been more versatile . sometimes less is more . Also they would stand the test of time better which would be something to think about since a new game (sims 5) may not come out anytime soon . I wish they added more wedding veils as well though because it’s like a major part of the bridal attire for brides. Actually I am shocked that their aren’t many veils because I feel like it usually a staple to bridal attire. Also simmer Erin mention what if they added simple gowns with accessories to make the dress you own and now I can’t get that idea out of my head .. Imagine a simple fitted gown with a belt over it that makes the gown into a ball gown for the ceremony and then can be removed for the reception. Now imagine the same fitted gown but with a beaded sash and a hair with a long beaded veil . Two looks one dress.. could come in a plethora of colors too .

bnzpknw7jr9p.jpeg
    pjqki3akl1ju.jpeg
    kttttf0af7c4.jpeg
    uf7bc8m9rs9g.jpeg
    m6z12vy7kiua.jpeg
    k8mkijt27sgg.jpeg
    r7d6bk1o341l.jpeg
    63xitg9akiip.jpeg
    5ejxwti7axe3.jpeg
    z96tdencmstg.jpeg
    ee1j1pb35g1f.jpeg
  • Options
    jewishgamegirljewishgamegirl Posts: 2 New Member
    It would have be SO SO easy for them to add a chuppah (the Jewish version of a wedding arch) in the new pack. I am so disappointed that they didn't include this. I love that they had a lot of LGBT+ representation in the trailer and that they included Indian wedding attire and such, but they should have spent the time to add a chuppah. It would have been very easy, Judaism is clearly on their radar (because they added a menorah in the game), and it would have been a very simple thing to make Jewish players included in the game. As a player who is getting married IRL soon and having a wedding pack come out, I was ecstatic to have this pack come out, but beyond disappointed that not a single chuppah was in this pack. I was really hoping it would be, as they have done small things to include Judaism in other parts of the game. This was an oversight on Sims. I was so disappointed.
  • Options
    CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    I'm disappointed in the pack. I wanted to see different wedding styles and traditions. I wanted it to be a celebration of love and diversity.
  • Options
    wrathykinswrathykins Posts: 23 Member
    One thing I felt really annoyed about that they missed out, was being able to hire a wedding photographer!!

I had to place a camera in the lot, and I think I spent 24 hours in game trying to get a nice picture of the bride and groom, which wasn't great haha. As mentioned above, a photobooth would have been PERFECT with this. Really disappointed too that there aren't any new aspirations or careers? Seems like the perfect opportunity to include them. I know it's only a game pack, but still...so much they could have done.

I was REALLY excited for this pack, and I am not impressed.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    wrathykins wrote: »
    One thing I felt really annoyed about that they missed out, was being able to hire a wedding photographer!!

I had to place a camera in the lot, and I think I spent 24 hours in game trying to get a nice picture of the bride and groom, which wasn't great haha. As mentioned above, a photobooth would have been PERFECT with this. Really disappointed too that there aren't any new aspirations or careers? Seems like the perfect opportunity to include them. I know it's only a game pack, but still...so much they could have done.

I was REALLY excited for this pack, and I am not impressed.

I agree but I think the reason for this is because we don't have the standing camera in bg unfortunately.

And with what I think were missed oppurtunities? More wedding traditions like would be great if they included some Jewish, black American, and other black cultural traditions. There is a Polynesian wedding tradition where the officiator blows the conch shell. Though that would require island living. There is also a Russian wedding tradition where the couple ties their hands together.

And with the other events they could add more activities depending on the packs you have. Like for bachelor parties they could add use bubble blower, skinny dipping, karaoke, use keg, play darts, play cards, etc. As for the dancers I don't disagree with them adding them since a lot of ppl want them and I don't have anything against "dancers". I just always didn't like that it was popular for ppl to hire strippers the night before their wedding since it's their "last night of freedom". And I cant really see myself using them in the sims for bachelor parties but I would definitely put them in nightclubs and lounges if it was tied to an object or smth.

And other stuff they could have added around tartosa: make the boats functional and able to fit two sims + a rower. Your sims could hire a service npc that will row the boat as they cuddle and enjoy the scenery. A freelance wedding planner would also been nice.

As for stuff like an attraction system, online dating, and more romantic interactions like cuddling in bed, I thought it would come in the pre patch but it didn't. It is obvious the team has limited resources (time and amount of staff). So I'm thinking that's the main reason we didn't get those and maybe they are working on it but couldn't release it in time before the pack release.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    As for stuff like an attraction system, online dating, and more romantic interactions like cuddling in bed, I thought it would come in the pre patch but it didn't. It is obvious the team has limited resources (time and amount of staff). So I'm thinking that's the main reason we didn't get those and maybe they are working on it but couldn't release it in time before the pack release.

I'm hoping it happens like with tiny living stuff and ladders. I'm wishing really hard that we get the attraction system and more romantic interactions with the next big BG update.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    I was so excited about this pack but after seeing the gameplay, I cannot justify buying it at the moment.

Bugs and broken gameplay aside, the dresses are just… not great. As someone previously posted, there’s a plethora of beautiful wedding gown ideas and the selection we got is grossly underwhelming. Most of them are very simple looking, which I have nothing against simple wedding dresses, but give us some elegant, over the top ones as well. The fact that there are no veils also blew my mind. I understand the potential issue of clipping, so then make a few hairstyles that are tied to veils. Even TS2 had veils. TS2 also had kilts. I’m glad they added a couple of diverse wedding outfits though, so there’s that. The Asian themed ones could have been better though, especially if you look at traditional Japanese/Korean/Chinese attire.

Bach/Hen parties also seem severely lacking too. I mean, I myself wouldn’t want a crazy bachelorette party with dancers irl, but maybe I want that for my Sims. It looks like all they did was create a new generic party with the title of Bach/Hen party, but created no unique gameplay for it. Again, the pre wedding festivities in TS1/2/3 were all more fun. Where are the bride/groomzillas?

Are there still no bridal showers or honeymoons? Or is it just that you send your married Sims on a vacation after you get married. This would have been a fun opportunity for hotels/resorts.

Can we still not propose at the dinner table? Or ask an in-law for their permission to marry? No other fun proposals such as hiring a mariachi band or something cheesy like that? No wedding planner career? No wedding crashers?

I’m also not a fan of the carts for buying flowers or cake. It would have been fun to make those actual retail businesses. Heck, in TS2, I was running a flower shop out of my house.

Okay, I need to stop. The more I write, the more disappointed I feel.
  • Options
    AmandaLuallenAmandaLuallen Posts: 21 Member
    Honestly, I do not think I'm going to buy the wedding pack if it causes so many issues. I have every expansion pack and some of the stuff packs. I try to find articles or posts about new packs, so I know what I'm going to be spending my money on. Some articles I have found useful have been ones like this.

Sims 4 Stuff Packs Ranked: https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/sims-4-best-stuff-packs