Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay but where are the veils??

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I understand that there's a risk of clipping issues, but this is not just a stuff pack with a handful of CAS or BB, it's meant to be our DEDICATED WEDDING PACK. If you don't get a veil or even a veil animation with this pack, where will you get it?

Also, why is there no new top hat for men? And it's shocking that EA is so stingy that the turbans can't be detatched from the full body suit.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    A lot of the CC creators I follow have gone on a spree of releasing new dresses (and a few suits) with the pending arrival of the Wedding pack. I've gotten dozens and dozens of new CC in the past 5 days, as well as some recolors to replace the (more hideous) new rainbow swatches that we got in the last pack.

I have not seen one single new veil from any CC creator that I follow though (yet). Given that, I suspect it's harder than we might think to do them well for this particular game.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    Would you share the name of those creators?
  • Options
    Ziafar wrote: »

The only ones I can remember off the top of my head right now are Renorasims, who released a wedding dress pack just a few hours ago (hence why I remember) and Zeussim, who did the rainbow pattern replacements. I'll try to get a moment to scroll through my tumblr feed later to get the other names.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    Thank you very much @Stormkeep!
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Each veil likely needs a specific hairstyle to lay properly which is why hats often look ridiculous as a result or most of the hair has to disappear so it isn't coming through the hat mesh etc. My only wish is that they'd done an updo veil version as well.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Ziafar wrote: »

The only ones I can remember off the top of my head right now are Renorasims, who released a wedding dress pack just a few hours ago (hence why I remember) and Zeussim, who did the rainbow pattern replacements. I'll try to get a moment to scroll through my tumblr feed later to get the other names.

Looks like Zeussim now has some CC veils on their patreon. And they are gorgeous along with their rainbow wedding dress overrides. Thank you for the link!
  • Options
    Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    I would have liked to see veils work like hats so you could pair them with any and all the hairstyles. I realy wish, too, that we could of had veils attached to maybe more full body outfits like how some have shoes and some don't. I would of even settled for the veils being attached to the hairstyles if we had a lot more hairstyles that translate from other hairstyles. The afro-styled hair we had updated and the afro-styled hair with the comb/clip is a good example of what I mean.
    One is clearly a more casual way of styling; whereas the other is a little more obviously dressier. They both; however, translate into each other well without breaking the suspense of disillusion.
    Alot of the hairstyles do translate okay with a little imagination but it'd be nice to have more formal/party hairs that are interpretations of the more everyday looking hairstyles (ALL Long, Medium, Short, Updo looks) and vice versa.
    It would be a good way for us to get more hairstyles and The Sims Team wouldn't have to go far for inspiration as far as new hair goes. Even if it was just something to SXD or free update in.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited February 2022
    Since the pack is not finalized yet, I’m going to cross my fingers that they will add a few transparent veils that can be used with any dress. Maybe one short hair, one mid hair, one long hair, and one with the pretty new updo.

If they don’t add them to the pack, how about a kit? With veils flower rings and tiara’s…… we have yet to get a hair kit….. what a perfect opportunity for those of us who don’t use CC.
  • Options
    autumnal_simautumnal_sim Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Stormkeep said:
    > A lot of the CC creators I follow have gone on a spree of releasing new dresses (and a few suits) with the pending arrival of the Wedding pack. I've gotten dozens and dozens of new CC in the past 5 days, as well as some recolors to replace the (more hideous) new rainbow swatches that we got in the last pack.
    >
    > I have not seen one single new veil from any CC creator that I follow though (yet). Given that, I suspect it's harder than we might think to do them well for this particular game.

In my opinion that shouldn't be an excuse for not having veils. I mean this will cost another 20 USD so I don't think veils is too much to ask for? Especially when you consider that the gameplay isn't working properly yet. The least they could do is give more hairstyles that come with a veil instead of making the veil an individual part, if clipping issues really are a problem.
  • Options
    The least they could do is give more hairstyles that come with a veil instead of making the veil an individual part, if clipping issues really are a problem.
    We are in absolute agreement on this.

• Options
    HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2022
    I think that the sims team could have done more on trend gowns that were both simple and structured which would have been more versatile . sometimes less is more . Also they would stand the test of time better which would be something to think about since a new game (sims 5) may not come out anytime soon . I wish they added more wedding veils as well though because it’s like a major part of the bridal attire for brides. Actually I am shocked that their aren’t many veils because I feel like it usually a staple to bridal attire. Also simmer Erin mention what if they added simple gowns with accessories to make the dress you own and now I can’t get that idea out of my head .. Imagine a simple fitted gown with a belt over it that makes the gown into a ball gown for the ceremony and then can be removed for the reception. Now imagine the same fitted gown but with a beaded sash and a hair with a long beaded veil . Two looks one dress.. could come in a plethora of colors too . Could be a good idea for a kit at least .

bnzpknw7jr9p.jpeg
    pjqki3akl1ju.jpeg
    kttttf0af7c4.jpeg
    uf7bc8m9rs9g.jpeg
    m6z12vy7kiua.jpeg
    k8mkijt27sgg.jpeg
    r7d6bk1o341l.jpeg
    63xitg9akiip.jpeg
    5ejxwti7axe3.jpeg
    z96tdencmstg.jpeg
    ee1j1pb35g1f.jpeg
    nay1cdasb5u3.jpeg