Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    I just want EA to release a complete edition of sims1 on Origin already, including the stuff that could be downloaded for free or at least having that content optional. Like they had some cool Command and Conquer skins.

And if they actually want to put the work in, they could add some small quality of life improvements to it. Like family trees so they won't hook up with siblings and older brothers or sisters won't be assumed to be the parent of a kid.
    Maybe some color swatches too, and allowing interests to be picked in character creation.

They could release it at the same time as releasing a Sims 1 gamepack for Sims 4 that brings back popular content, costumes and furniture of Sims 1. Bring back the Xtreme career path unique to Sims 1, add some making magic features, the original servo, the skydiving thing, the diving tank, and of course the original Sims 1 neighbourhood added as a new neighbourhood.

• MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited February 2022
    It seems like I’m the only person who doesn’t want dragons in the game. Lots of other people on this forum seem to be obsessed with them! I don’t really get it. I never had more than the base game of Sims 1, and I never had Dragon Valley in Sims 3.
    I’m not really bothered about werewolves either.

@Lucy_Henley You're not the only person who doesn't care about having dragons in The Sims. I play other games with dragons, occults, etc., so I don't feel the need to have them in The Sims, too. Some occasional Spellcasters and merfolk are fine with me.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    It seems like I’m the only person who doesn’t want dragons in the game. Lots of other people on this forum seem to be obsessed with them! I don’t really get it. I never had more than the base game of Sims 1, and I never had Dragon Valley in Sims 3.

Haha, you're not the only one. I do have Dragon Valley but I think I maybe played with the dragons once or twice. I do love dragons in literature and film though. Loved Game of Thrones. Almost ready to watch the entire series again. And loved the book series, The Inheritance Cycle, with Eragon and his dragon, Saphira. I wouldn't say I don't want them in game because I know so many do but I have absolutely no desire to play them in game.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited February 2022
    I wouldn't say I don't want them in game because I know so many do but I have absolutely no desire to play them in game.

That's how I am too, @simgirl1010. I wouldn't complain if dragons were added, and I would probably buy the pack if it included a really cool world. I really enjoy Sulani, even though I don't interact with merfolk very often.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I absolutely love dragons, half of the artwork hanging in my condo is draconic imagery, but I share the opinion as well. I don't really care if they ever add them to the game, because no Sims game has ever done dragons proper justice...and TS4 certainly is incredibly unlikely to meet, much less beat, the bar of it's predecessors in that regards.

I'd totally buy the pack if they did one though. :lol:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    This forum does seem quite dragon obsessed haha. I love them too. I hope they add them, but I hope Sims dragons will be really small, cute and cuddly ones like pets and not the usual dragons I love in my fantasy novels and other games. Maybe they will make big ones that can eat the Sims and spit them out like the Cowplant with a medieval pack. That might be fun.

Unpopular thought: I don't actually like the big Cowplant and rarely grow it. I would really like a little, tiny baby one in a plant pot that I can feed food scraps to in my Sim's kitchen.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    I guess I don't see the point of dragons. I mean, it's not like we go battle trolls with our Sims now. We don't even have the right outfits for that! Let alone the weapons! Accessories are important, people!

And if you're not talking about fighting them, then what? Raising them? Worshiping them? Bringing them badly-dressed townies as sacrifices?

I guess it's lost on me.

That said, if a Dragons Pack were released, I would be happy for those who want it, but guys...TES V: Skyrim is a thing. Try Skyrim. You'll be up to your necks in dragons.

You can customize your Dragonborn, get married, adopt kids, build houses, cook food, grow crops, craft gear and potions from items you gather, etc. It's really rather Sims-like for an RPG in those ways.
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I would really like a little, tiny baby one in a plant pot that I can feed food scraps to..

Food scraps...or small pets?

That'd actually be a pretty cool addition to the game, imo. I rarely grow the cowplant either, in part because it's boring, but also because it's just too darn big and not cool enough to waste that much space on.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

Haha, you're not the only one. I do have Dragon Valley but I think I maybe played with the dragons once or twice. I do love dragons in literature and film though. Loved Game of Thrones. Almost ready to watch the entire series again. And loved the book series, The Inheritance Cycle, with Eragon and his dragon, Saphira. I wouldn't say I don't want them in game because I know so many do but I have absolutely no desire to play them in game.

I didn;t like the dragons too much, it was pretty clear to me that they were just re-skins of the parts and hawks from The Sims Medieval, which, now that I think about it. Is what Dragon Valley, really was. A watered-down port of The Sims Medieval.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited February 2022
    I've probably said these before:
    • I prefer CAS and Build Mode stuff over gameplay. I want the game engine to be even more lightweight than it is, and I like Sim 4's "design style" more than that of most CC. But I love getting Mods for gameplay as I can take them and add/subtract/tweak to keep my game fun and stable.
    • I find the Alien Abduction 'playthrough' to be NSFW content that I feel has no place in an under-18 age rated game.
    • I think all packs that add any occults should also add a 3-way toggle to 1: keep them in, 2: only allow them if player made. 3: humanize all of them and prevent anymore of that occult. Even Packs like the Vampire Pack - because you might have it, but not want it in your new save, but still want some of the CAS clothing so not want to set up a new game install on a second computer, etc...
    • This one might be a popular opinion: All townies should have 'home world' as a stat, and I should have a toggle to limit them to only appearing in that world. Mods should be able to turn this into an array (but EA would only have it as a string), so that with the right mod I could set that townie's homeworld to several places. So here's the unpopular part: I think most things should be like this: EA providing a bare-bones basic hook, but the tools to let modders expand it. Rather than EA adding a lot of gameplay. Yes, this is kind of a repeat of my first item in this list.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
    I guess I don't see the point of dragons. I mean, it's not like we go battle trolls with our Sims now. We don't even have the right outfits for that! Let alone the weapons! Accessories are important, people!
    And if you're not talking about fighting them, then what? Raising them? Worshiping them? Bringing them badly-dressed townies as sacrifices?
    I guess it's lost on me.
    That said, if a Dragons Pack were released, I would be happy for those who want it, but guys...TES V: Skyrim is a thing. Try Skyrim. You'll be up to your necks in dragons.
    You can customize your Dragonborn, get married, adopt kids, build houses, cook food, grow crops, craft gear and potions from items you gather, etc. It's really rather Sims-like for an RPG in those ways.
    @OutlawWoman The idea of sacrificing badly dressed townies to dragons has just made me want a dragon pack 10,000 times more.
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I would really like a little, tiny baby one in a plant pot that I can feed food scraps to..
    Food scraps...or small pets?
    That'd actually be a pretty cool addition to the game, imo. I rarely grow the cowplant either, in part because it's boring, but also because it's just too darn big and not cool enough to waste that much space on.
    @Stormkeep Small chickens maybe lol. It could use some more animations. I do quite like that bell chiming sound though.

• OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    @OutlawWoman The idea of sacrificing badly dressed townies to dragons has just made me want a dragon pack 10,000 times more.

To be fair, yeah. That would be an easy and possibly profitable way to clear out the eyesores my game keeps generating.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited February 2022
    I dont want TS4 to reach M rating in my country.

I also dont care if TS4 ends "unfinished". I want to see what TS5 will look like.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    edited February 2022
    Gallery homes should come with this disclaimer:

Visually appealing home is uninhabitable for sims. This beautifully messy, cluttered abode is not move-in ready. Whether or not you're planning a family, there is always designated child & toddler rooms complete with kid-only activities. The architect has provided a structure that is completely unstable for most interactions. Do not attempt to move anything, for potentially deleting entire sections. Doors & sinks are visible, but not functional. The designer has engineered paths specifically for aesthetics & lack sufficient movement space or are obstructed. The landscaper has created a backyard with the illusion of comfort & an overwhelming gardening area. Do not attempt to enjoy, paint or photograph the surrounding view due to the amount of trees on your lot obscuring it. Please download with caution.

• Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    I don't want body hair in my game. And werewolves are just large angry furries. Might as well put them in a car and let them sit in the driveway.

There. I have said it.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    I don't want body hair in my game. And werewolves are just large angry furries. Might as well put them in a car and let them sit in the driveway.

There. I have said it.

‼️‼️‼️🐺🔥🌕🆘🤬⚡️😡🤬🤬☄️💥😡👹 ☠️💀 ☠️ 👹👿👿🔥⚡️🐺‼️‼️
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Sharp inhale
    I like kits.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    Not interested in body hair, and I'm not interested in a Sims 5.

I'm still waiting for very specific content in the Sims 4. I think the content is possible, but I'm adamantly against the Sims 5 if they can't deliver for the sims 4.

Right now, I expect the Sims 5 to be as incomplete as the Sims 4. The fake trailers and ultra realistic look of some videos is a massive turn off.
    :lol:@captain_NXR7, you have used a lot of emotes there that I didn't even know existed. I imagine if you could have used real words without censors you might have used some words I didn't know existed too.... :lol:
    JunkyPoem wrote: »
    Gallery homes should come with this disclaimer:

Visually appealing home is uninhabitable for sims. This beautifully messy, cluttered abode is not move-in ready. Whether or not you're planning a family, there is always designated child & toddler rooms complete with kid-only activities. The architect has provided a structure that is completely unstable for most interactions. Do not attempt to move anything, for potentially deleting entire sections. Doors & sinks are visible, but not functional. The designer has engineered paths specifically for aesthetics & lack sufficient movement space or are obstructed. The landscaper has created a backyard with the illusion of comfort & an overwhelming gardening area. Do not attempt to enjoy, paint or photograph the surrounding view due to the amount of trees on your lot obscuring it. Please download with caution.
    @JunkyPoem
    :joy::joy::joy::joy:
    omg, thank you, you captured my thoughts so beautifully as I just redecorated a gallery mansion for my Vampire family. I am printing this out and keeping it forever. :heart: I would just add to this some things that drove me crazy recently ... Objects, paintings, floor tiles, and posts, could potentially just disappear if you add a new color of paint to the room. And curtains may be hanging in places where there are actually no windows, just a wall. The curtains are purely decorative objects. Please do not try add any windows to where the curtains are hanging over the wall, this will not work. And it is not recommended that you touch the roof unless you enjoy rustic outdoor living environments in your home such as snow or rain.
  • AlexLeeAlexLee Posts: 16 Member
    For the family members, i want give a pattern of their names. Like first generation, name always starts with 'A', the 'B' for second generation.

ex:
    GrandFather: Alex LastName
    Father/Uncle: Brad LastName, Blake LastName
    Then: Charlie LastName ....

When the family grows big (with MCCC), I have to manually change the names of all unplayed household!
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    I don't care anymore if pack A adds so and so, or pack B adds this to satiate everything that we've been missing. I just want a pack that will not force third-parties to make it playable.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    edited February 2022
    I don’t understand why everyone assumes sims 5 will be better. The Sims4 is well..self explanatory, I don’t expect it to get better. There’s rumors it’s multiplier and that ruins the entire purpose of the game (how are babies supposed to be made if it’s multiplayer? Get it on with some random player?), but of course these are rumors and I don’t believe we have any definite proof. Sims4, despite its many flaws, has, in my humble opinion, the best art style. It’s a mixture of realistic but it’s also somewhat cartoony. I can’t see sims5 improving on the general style (difference between style and graphics).

Our latest pack, CL, was pretty solid imo, but then this wedding pack is a glitchy mess. I can’t see it improving, even if it’s a separate game. It’s obvious the team doesn’t care about it’s players.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    edited February 2022
    Jyotai wrote: »
    I've probably said these before:
    • I prefer CAS and Build Mode stuff over gameplay. I want the game engine to be even more lightweight than it is, and I like Sim 4's "design style" more than that of most CC. But I love getting Mods for gameplay as I can take them and add/subtract/tweak to keep my game fun and stable.
    • I find the Alien Abduction 'playthrough' to be NSFW content that I feel has no place in an under-18 age rated game.
    • I think all packs that add any occults should also add a 3-way toggle to 1: keep them in, 2: only allow them if player made. 3: humanize all of them and prevent anymore of that occult. Even Packs like the Vampire Pack - because you might have it, but not want it in your new save, but still want some of the CAS clothing so not want to set up a new game install on a second computer, etc...
    • This one might be a popular opinion: All townies should have 'home world' as a stat, and I should have a toggle to limit them to only appearing in that world. Mods should be able to turn this into an array (but EA would only have it as a string), so that with the right mod I could set that townie's homeworld to several places. So here's the unpopular part: I think most things should be like this: EA providing a bare-bones basic hook, but the tools to let modders expand it. Rather than EA adding a lot of gameplay. Yes, this is kind of a repeat of my first item in this list.

The implications of alien abduction is quite harrowing. I personally like my sims sometimes being abducted, but geez..it’s pretty obvious what’s going on when they get pregnant.

Inheritance Cycle is underrated tbh. The guy wrote Eragon when he was 15 and people expect it to be high quality like ??. His age obviously shows, but it somehow managed to be more entertaining then some books I’ve read by adults, coming from someone who’s extremely picky about that type of stuff. Even after the stuff with Eragon, Eldest and the rest of the series proved he could write. The ending is one of my favorite to a series. It was satisfying and closed off gaps.

Then The Witch, The Fork, and The Worm came along. Didn’t personally care for it and felt like it messed up the ending.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top