Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Birthday cake without making it??

My sim lives off grid but wants to have a birthday party at his home lot. Is there any way cheats/mods or anything, that would let me either buy a cake or spawn one? I tried buy debug but I could only find slices of cake. I tried KawaiiStacie but when they brought the cake home it had a slice missing so I couldn't put candles on it. Does anyone have any ideas? I really miss just being able to buy a cake!! Why oh why can't we just buy a cake?? (can you tell I've spent AGES trying to figure this out?

I keep having to cheat money to be able to buy a fridge and cooker, turn the off the grid trait off, to then bake one - but it really ruins the general vibe of my game :/ All thoughts and ideas welcome!

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    It may still be more of a hassle than you want to deal with, but maybe build a lot with a stove and fridge, and make it a generic lot, which I think keeps other sims from visiting. Make the cake there and bring it home?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Once I sent my sims to a restaurant, and there was an option to order a cake, and then afterward an option to place candles.
  • SimsfreakmaniacSimsfreakmaniac Posts: 140 Member
    If you have Dine out you can go to a restaurant and buy a cake. It appears on the table immediately.
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I second the restaraunt thing. I do it all the time when it's my sim's birthday and I'm too lazy to make a cake. You can have them blow out the candles at the restaraunt or even just put the cake in your sim's inventory and go home with it. I've done both and it works fine.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    As others have said you can go to a restaurant or if you have get to work just make a little Bakery
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • lisken0221lisken0221 Posts: 116 Member
    I used to have a bakery in a lot that all my sims could frequent and buy the cake and many other goods. I have a small one that can be downloaded.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Ordering a cake from a restaurant is a great solution! There's another option if you have CL too. There's a Wedding venue set up in the park with a fully equipped kitchen. You could bake a cake and take it home or celebrate the birthday while there at the same time. :)
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    There is a mod by LittleMsSam that allows you to order almost every kind of food the same way you would order pizza. I use it all the time, it's great!
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I got ambrosia and cow plants off the gallery. Someone might have cake uploaded. Or you can upload it and use it over again.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    My favorite ways to buy a cake is to purchase one from a bakery or a restaurant table.
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Couldn't you just get one from the Gallery? I've see some room downloads that have all the food dishes prepared in them.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Amandèle wrote: »
    There is a mod by LittleMsSam that allows you to order almost every kind of food the same way you would order pizza. I use it all the time, it's great!

Ooo, I'll check this out, thank you :)
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I got ambrosia and cow plants off the gallery. Someone might have cake uploaded. Or you can upload it and use it over again.
    Couldn't you just get one from the Gallery? I've see some room downloads that have all the food dishes prepared in them.

I didn't know this was a thing! I love this idea, I'll have a look. Thank you :)
    Thanks for all of your ideas everyone! I think I'll set up a little bakery somewhere for the future. I don't really travel with my sims very much so I don't tend to go to community lots, but I'll keep bakery's and restaurants as an option.

I'll check out the gallery for food uploads - I didn't even know this was a thing, and I'll check out LittleMsSam - I love all of her stuff but I must have missed this option.

You guys are awesome, thank you :)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    edited October 2019
    I think you could even visit a neighbor (not off the grid) and use their kitchen :) They might protest, unless you have the "Always welcome" trait, but I think yu will be allowed to complete the session. No idea if this is easier to do if your relation with them is strong, or not.

Adding: If more realistic, pretend that your sim asks a neighbor for help with the cake. Then switch to the other house, bake cake, and gift the cake to your sim.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Make a bakery and put out wedding cakes and birthday cakes. I found it so weird that we can get anything done in TS4 by just clicking and POOF there is it.. right in their inventory, but when it comes to a cake.. we actually have to use gameplay and bake it. Very interesting choices here.
    Why can we not just order a cake and a nice delivery sim pops up with the cake in a box just like the pizza. Now that would add some gameplay as well.
    Make a bakery and put out wedding cakes and birthday cakes. I found it so weird that we can get anything done in TS4 by just clicking and POOF there is it.. right in their inventory, but when it comes to a cake.. we actually have to use gameplay and bake it. Very interesting choices here.
    Why can we not just order a cake and a nice delivery sim pops up with the cake in a box just like the pizza. Now that would add some gameplay as well.

I know exactly what you mean! I thought for sure there would be a way to type in a code, or debug or something that would make a whole cake appear, but nope :s I have found LittleMsSam's mod for food delivery and you can order a cake, just like you would a pizza, and it arrives whole and ready to put candles on - which is amazing :) Highly recommended for avoiding cake making and travelling!!
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I always just shift click on the ground and select create craftable and then go down through the list of listed desserts until I find chocolate cake. Boom! Whole cake. I think it is tied to MCCC but Im not sure,Im away from my pc right now or I would test it.
  • StuStuieStuStuie Posts: 455 Member
    Maybe visit a commercial lot, make the cake and then put it in your inventory?
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    Still able to order food, groceries, pizza... still not able to order cake on a phone?