Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what's everyones favorite reward?

mine is OF COURSE the money tree but i also like green thumb! just curious what does everyone else like?

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Always welcome! Sorry but my Sim is using your shower & stove :D
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Carefree and Shameless. Carefree meant your sim never got tense. It used to stave off the Island Living debuffs, but some of those have been changed to scared. Shameless basically yeets the embarrassed emotion completely, meaning no more Embarrassment deaths.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited February 2022
    Observant.
    I want to know everyone's personalities, without the work. That way I know who to befriend and invite to parties. Who wants an evil at their toddler's birthday? Who wants a good at an evil scientist's retirement?

Always Welcome.
    This one is second. Sims should be able to grab a snack at their parents' or fiancée's houses.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited February 2022
    There are many good rewards depending on the character, but I'd have to say in general:

-Carefree
    -Shameless
    -Seldom Sleepy

as my top 3 favs

Depending on what you mean though, the "small" ones,

-Incredibly Friendly
    -Always Welcome
    -Observant

(I don't use the "big" ones much since it takes away from gameplay, I find.
    Other than:

-Brave

EDIT: Depends on the characters and the situation they are in. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    PuzzlingMysteryPuzzlingMystery Posts: 153 Member
    Favorite reward? Probably the Mentor trait.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Top three I get asap - Storm Chaser, Waterproof, and Observant. Frequently followed by cold and heat resistance (never immunity) Others vary depending on the character.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Depends, for practical reasons, I like the waterproof, always welcome and observant ones. For skill building, I like the morning sim and night owl ones because it gives a boost. If I have to pick just one I just enjoy the most for no reason, it is maybe the iceproof one. I really like the moodlets they get during winter and snow storms.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Storm Chaser. Makes no sense that all sims go into a frenzy when a thunderstorm occurs. Also, I love storms.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I don't like to use the reward traits to make the game easier, but I like to use them more as "additional personality" traits.

For example, an outdoorsy and adventurous Sim would have Storm Chaser. Or maybe a genius and perfectionist Sim would have Observant.

Always Welcome is a great and useful reward trait, but I've opted to use Bienchen's morewelcome mod for my own playstyle.

I like Marketable and Creative Visionary for creative Sims who might want to try to make a living through their hobbies.

Another trait I really like is Great Storyteller. I usually give it to Sims who I find charismatic and always seem to have some amazing story to share. It can be useful in gameplay to change someone's emotion. When my Sims throw a party and someone comes over angry, my Sim can share a Dramatic/Engaging/Funny/Outrageous/Unbelievable (if they're confident) Story and change their emotion...you know, so they stop kicking my trash can and yelling at everyone at the party. Just be careful with Funny and Outrageous Stories as they can kill Sims if they make them too playful.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Always Welcome so it's easier to visit friends and relatives.

Shameless because I hate the idle animation for embarassed sims. Also, I already have a mental reel of embarassing moments of my own, thank you.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Dragons, which I'll surely get after years of asking for them.

Other than that, Always Welcome. I like visiting family, cooking for them or sleeping at their house.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @Gordy :joy: If we ever get pet dragons. I'm going to name one Gordy after you :heart: No one else has campaigned as hard as you for dragons.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I like The Storyteller reward. Aside from the lethal stories, it's nice to have.

I recently had my main sim nearly kill a legacy sim when he told an outrageous story. My merman splashed the other merman, and the one that became hysterical had so many happy moodlets stacked that Dylan's, one of my main sims, story tipped Lir, my legacy sim, into the hysterical moodlet.

I forgive Dylan because he doesn't have the observant trait like his identical twin, Zephyr, does. I think Dylan was just trying to be friendly and didn't notice how close he was to killing his friend. Dylan can be dense like that.

• Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    I like The Storyteller reward. Aside from the lethal stories, it's nice to have.

I recently had my main sim nearly kill a legacy sim when he told an outrageous story. My merman splashed the other merman, and the one that became hysterical had so many happy moodlets stacked that Dylan's, one of my main sims, story tipped Lir, my legacy sim, into the hysterical moodlet.

I forgive Dylan because he doesn't have the observant trait like his identical twin, Zephyr, does. I think Dylan was just trying to be friendly and didn't notice how close he was to killing his friend. Dylan can be dense like that.

I've discovered a toddler + a great storyteller Sim can wreak havoc during parties. :D
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @NightlyCoffee
    Metior_Ice wrote: »

I've discovered a toddler + a great storyteller Sim can wreak havoc during parties. :D

Lir is a Child of the Ocean, and he was swimming in Oceanic Paradise. His happy moodlet came from a special lot trait Exclusive to Sulani. I'm just happy a fish didn't tickle his fins... That could have been dangerous.

Don't get me started with toddlers. I've had so many twins in my game. lol. Imagine a storyteller and two toddlers...
  • Options
    FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    edited February 2022
    The rewards I choose depend on the sim (age, traits, aspiration, skills).

For children I often choose 'Incredibly Friendly' as a first reward, because then they can finish the social butterfly aspiration very quickly.
    For alien children, I try to select 'Shameless' pretty early. I hate that they are feeling embarrassed for being an alien.

Next in line is 'Savant', because it increases their skill gain. Once they maxed some skills, they might also become a 'Mentor'.

Late in life, when it's clear that the sim will pass away, the left satisfaction points are invested in potions, mainly the 'Moodlet Solver'. The potions are then gifted to younger household members.
    Post edited by Freechheit on
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Waterproof...my sims travel a lot and never know the weather in other worlds. It's almost always the first one I get to eliminate miserably wet.

Also use great story teller and incredibly friendly quite often and creative visionary. I have a few too many creative sims.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Seldom sleepy. Sims have better things to do than sleep.

Good connections. Faster promotions and pay raise.

Marketable. Better price for paintings and handwork.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    Stoves and grills master. I'm over my game's creepy fetish with turning my sims into charcoal briquettes within their first 3 sim days. If I start with a completely new sim I cheat them the reward, all the sims leftover from previous saves have this trait already. If they don't have that trait, or I don't cheat it to them, cereal or yogurt until day 4 at least.

And what's really creepy about immolating my simmies is the utter ambivalence my game has for every attempt to extinguish them.