Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @shadami
    haha, love that Velma kissed Robin after having too much juice 😂 perhaps Velma will do the same in my game - Robin still needs 4 more kisses for her aspiration after all
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @permanentrose
    She hasn't seemed to have any inclination to officially date anyone, but she also absolutely has been interested in woohoo and kisses. So I figured I'd jump into a story line to explain a little melt down period for her and why she's going to be trying so many bar foods and drinks. This felt like a good time to have her rebellious stage and exploring what she likes. That and I figured it would be okay if one of the people she kissed was Robin who she already had mildly flirted with previously. :3

IQuWYSB.png
    New banner up in my signature finally, now that I'm starting book 2- Windenburg. ANd I'll be updating my avatar shortly :3
    @Shadami and @Carebear92 If you’re feeling too far behind, you can just do one image to catch up on some days! I did that a lot last year when I was adjusting to my school schedule and telling a story daily was too overwhelming :)
    Feb 12th - It's Just Not Me
    ZglKjYg.png

Lol, I would love to put just one image and catch up. But my brain just won't allow it. xD I am doing shorter posts though that aren't as much game play in order to catch up. Then will probably get back to longer ones once I do catch up.
    @LegacySims2017
    Haha, yes, some Pepper images indeed. I've been forgetting to take screenies of her lately, but she is alive and well :) And by now you know that a crazy did come knocking haha :D

Also super cool ruins pic! When I first saw it, I was wondering if you found a hidden spot in the game since I hadn't seen it before haha. Cool idea to build a bakery there too!

@Karababy52
    Fun updates with Cale's dance crew! It's fun that we're all using challenge sims for our clubs - always fun to see what they get up to in each other's games. You always have good dialogue too for whatever the game throws at you :) Glad you were able to rescue Hunter haha...always terrifying when something like that happens and you realize you haven't saved in a while. It happens to me too often, and sometimes I have to end up replaying since what I would lose from saving something I don't want is worse haha. You still don't have MCCC, right? You can remove moodlets without adding sims to your family with MCCC - and control them in regards to their interactions with others too. I use that all the time with Cale now that he's living with Robin but I'm not controlling him.

Nice that Dylan is joining too! And of course he wants to know if they're gonna meet cute girls lol. Hope you are feeling better!

I put the teen lot hang out trait on Robin's lot too, and it is fun to see all the challenge sims (and other teen sims Robin has in her life now) walk by often, even though I don't often include screenshot anymore. Haha, yes, I know my daily image was sneaky, and your reaction was the one I expected ;) I'm kind of glad that Cale and Robin didn't have great chemistry in my game, since I really do want them to just be best pals without worrying about the messiness of romance - Robin definitely needs a friend like that, and Cale is turning out to be a really good buddy for her <3 And yes, you are on the right track with the Glimmerbrook plan haha...it's nothing too complex or creative ;)

@afai1261
    Nice chats Aaron and Hunter are having about uni, setting the stage for future months. Love that it turned into some banter that led to some fun in bed too ;) I should start thinking about what I want Robin to major in, hmm...

Max Villareal, what a sim lol...he had a big role in my challenge last year of basically being the most evil sim ever lol. Ooh, can't wait to see heroic mode!

Love that group pose! I totally did the same thing for an update that's coming up in a few days haha, getting all 8 of my club members into a nice pose. I swear our brains are always on the same wave length lol. Gotta love Cale looking at all the ladies in your game :D Love that photo of Melissa losing her mind lol. She's gonna make such a good ghost hunter. Love the romance photos of Hunter all sparkly too.

@SoulGal7
    Lovely photos of Windenburg. It's such a pretty world and there's so much to see there. Each neighborhood had so many little areas to explore. Cool that he made it to the Bluffs, and I appreciate your comment about Robin being the mermaid spotted there lol. Cool you spotted Emily too! Ooh, swimming with Morgan in just their undies, very spicy ;) Dylan really does have the ground work for a lot of romances right now, I love seeing how he interacts with all the cute ladies in your game. This was definitely the perfect Morgan moment too, i could totally see her daring someone to strip and swim with her haha. Oh, that's super cool that Dylan has a photo of Emily framed!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2022
    February - Day 19: "We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun..."

z7XnEJI.png

Notes
    Tlg5rq8.png
    The next day while the rest of the current club members were at school, Cale practiced the simple routine they'd put together. He maxed out the dancing skill in the process. After school Cale called a club meeting to practice as a group, refine their routine and discuss a 'costume' for when they would perform in the local nightclubs/discos. Tomorrow was Friday. They'd practice together some more after school and then hang out for awhile before hitting up Disco Pädniic for their inaugural public performance later that night.

YWQqJPL.png
    They got there early before the dance floor would be too crowded with gyrating bodies. The Friday night regulars were just beginning to stream inside. Perfect! Cale asked the DJ to play their favorite METAL song and the boys hit the floor. Everyone was in perfect sync, they looked like a well oiled machine.

AcghLJM.png
    They even got a smattering of applause from some of the onlookers, which made Cale internally smile as he tried to remember his next move.

BWiBuZV.png
    Unfortunately, Hunter missed a step or slipped and smacked himself in the face. Cale was out front and didn't see what had happened, so kept going with the routine. Aaron and Dylan knew, but kept dancing too.

3NfNnHu.png
    "Ow!"

Dus7C9V.png
    "Dangit!"
    The song and their routine ended with Cale, Aaron and Dylan taking a deep bow while Hunter stood whispering forbidden words to himself.

fNkSSft.png
    Cale lifted his fist in victory for what he thought was a perfect routine. Hunter now had another problem, which perhaps had something to do with his misstep.

3RtzDO2.png
    *HISSSSSSSSSSS!*

L0OSHDp.png
    With all the excitement going on, Hunter had failed to feed all day and now he was starving and in danger of attacking someone from extreme thirst.

ycXxbY5.png
    "Is he alright?" Cale quietly asked Aaron.
    "Yeah, he's just hungry. I told him he could drink from me, but he refused. Dude thinks I'm anemic or something since I'm so naturally pale all the time."
    "Are you?"
    "I don't know, maybe. He'll be fine, I think they might have plasma packs here, or he can grab a bite to eat on the way home."

gzqLxP6.png
    "Hey guys, I think we did great for our first time. Don't you?"
    "Oh sure, except for Hunter."
    "Hunter? What about him?"
    "I just slipped is all. Not used to these new boots I guess."

vD4cPRN.png
    The boys decided to just hang up the routine for the night and let loose. Aaron had brought some new disco light sticks he'd bought and wanted to try them out for one thing.

nRBrUZN.png
    When he was finished, he tossed them to Cale to have a go.

2RT3DjF.png
    Cale was feeling parched and headed for the bar to get a drink. He wanted something stronger than a root beer float though. Of course they wouldn't make what he wanted since he was underage. However, someone had ordered a drink, but didn't take it. It was just sitting there taunting him, so he took it! Naughty Cale, somebody saw what you did Dude. Josh just shook his head, rolled his eyes and ordered another one not saying a word.

8neLeFl.png
    I guess Dylan had the same idea. It's a good thing that lady vampire had her back turned when he picked up her drink. He took one sniff of it though and set it down.
    (Ewww! Plasma Jane, what was I thinking?)

gLxog9N.png
    Meanwhile Hunter and Aaron are having a chat. Hunter is smiling a little, but Aaron looks...I don't know how he looks, concerned? Annoyed? Hmmm...

kO8OdiJ.png
    Dylan and Cale sat together at the bar and had a chat getting to know each other even better.
    "Where's all the chicks tonight?"
    "What are you talking about Dude, look around, there's plenty of ladies here."
    "Yeah, but none of them our age."
    "So? Maybe one of them wants a boy toy?"
    "Eh, I'm not into that kind of thing. Older chicks intimidate me, you know?"
    "I get it, believe me. It's cool. Maybe tomorrow night they'll be girls our age here."
    "I hope so."
    Cale soon left to go dance while Dylan went in search of a restroom.

N4DCHfh.png
    He found Hunter softly crying and Aaron walking away toward the bar.
    "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

1WUa6Eb.png
    "He's fine." Aaron said with a bland look on his face. "Just stubborn...I need a drink."

Apparently the two had a lover's quarrel over something.

JfdDdCn.png
    "Do you want to talk about it? Maybe I can help?"

5Jq99IS.png
    *sigh* "He's just mad because I won't drink from him. It's frustrating, he doesn't understand. He could die if I do, especially now. I'm so hungry...I don't know if I could stop myself. And then on top of that I messed up our routine. I'm so embarrassed. I'm sorry."

sGxmcqF.png
    "Hey, if it helps, you can drink from me. I don't mind. Anything to help a friend, okay? And, man, don't worry about that. It was our first time, new boots, everybody staring at us, plus being hungry, it's no wonder. It's hard to concentrate when you're hungry. It's cool Dude!"

b5Md74n.png
    "Gah! Normally I'd take you up on that, but not right now. I could hurt you too. I think I should just go home. It's my own fault, Aaron's right about that. I'll...take care of things. Don't worry."
    "Okay, well, the offer stands. Just so you know."

uoSAXop.png
    "I will take a hug though, if that's alright?"
    "Sure, yeah, that's cool. Of course!"

WCd7z1Y.png
    asfTC5P.png
    "Thanks for understanding Cale and for the offer. Not many would be willing to do that and be so chill about it. You're one cool Dude."
    "Eh, what's a little bite between friends, right? I can take it. Can't hurt any worse than a punch in the face and I used to let my buddies do that just for fun! Catch ya later Hunter."
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited April 2023
    February 20
    *I had to use this as the daily image because Adonis' photobomb was too good :joy:
    lKETQsn6_o.jpg
    Aster was absolutely fuming. She'd seen the way Cale had looked at both Melissa and Galatea at the discotheque, knowing that both were in relationships. But of course, he hadn't actually done anything physical with them and both were very nice to look at...
    CJG2ktk.png
    (Aster actually has the day phobia vampire weakness so she's tense all the time during the day lol)

Robin came over to talk to her, noticing her scowl and asking if everything was okay.
    "Oh, everything's fine," Aster hissed.
    sZ68ml9.png

Aster settled for glaring at Galatea, even though she had done nothing wrong either, but it was clear Vlad's daughter only had eyes for Adonis as she twirled the fire sticks.
    wxWYjEz.png

Robin also got in on the action. Galatea either hadn't noticed or didn't care that Aster had been glaring at her, saying nothing and only greeting her with a smile as they gathered to watch Robin.
    PpVAn7G.png

Afternoon became evening and everyone in the club gathered around the bonfire.
    bWtzgui.png

As the night slowly but steadily got colder, Robin and Melissa decided to cozy up and get warm.
    PNNvDAb.png

Hunter treated them all to another dazzling display of ability with his own mastery of the fire sticks.
    wDgWLLO.png

All of Aster's anger at Cale instantly dissipated when he came over to her and slipped an arm around her waist, flashing her that charming smile.
    (You're only doing that because Melissa and Robin are) she wanted to say, but she held her tongue. It was a sweet gesture after all, and the feeling of his arm around her was comforting.
    DtY8DIG.png
    NE61i03.png
    3aYPUG2.png
    lQfwupi.png

On the other side of the fire, Aaron pulled out his own fire sticks again.
    QPB9ztj.png

And, apparently inspired by the all the romance, went over to give Hunter a kiss.
    i3YkreI.png

And when they got home...
    f7XG3lC.png
    wwPmRZS.png
    (You know, I should really remember to change them into their sleepwear before they do this because it's very immersion-breaking for me to see them woohooing (I mean, messing around, whatever) in their everyday clothes :D )

Post edited by afai1261 on
    February 20

VTww959.jpg
    Aaron came over after school, and he was really sad.
    9oieAZ2.png

He went to go cry in the closet for a bit.
    keBazs5.png

And while he was in there, I noticed a note on the floor...
    y3E2wxW.png

Is Cale implying that she stinks? Rude :D
    44uC5TJ.png

Aaron was still sad. He talked to Jules while she cooked up some dinner. He admitted that living so far away from Hunter was hard and it was making him depressed. (Hunter lives in the Forgotten Hollow with Elle right now.) Perhaps they should move in together in my game as well :)
    m5icysq.png

Oh dear, another vampire visit...(Not gonna lie though, I try to make sure everyone is asleep a few nights a week since I enjoying seeing which one of my vampires will show up next :joy:)

This is Baz, and he's actually a vampire/spellcaster hybrid I've been testing out. He's based off a book character, and he's a vampire and magician in the book as well. I'm actually hoping to include him more in the story next month when we do Glimmerbrook. He has the guilty drinker trait, but I guess that doesn't affect random break ins...
    sfdxdgj.png

Which one will he choose?
    vvebbrT.png

Poor Robin, she can never catch a break :D
    It5ubjV.png

"W-what's happening?"
    5RFsY8g.png

But he was gone as quickly as he had appeared. Robin went back to bed, feeling exhausted and miserable.
    3mvZP5h.png

Also spotted walking by - Baz's boyfriend, Simon.
    WrbuXJR.jpg

Later that day, Dylan suggested they have a club meeting, and while they were at the club, I decided to knock out some of the Friend of the World Aspiration with Robin, so this update is about to get picture heavy for a minute just since I figured I'd include all the new sims she met :)

Carrie Goldstein, half of my favorite sim couple <3 (Carrie was an elder, along with her wife, Rose, at one point, but it was making me too sad to see them old, so I decided to make them spellcasters and age them down, deciding that perhaps with the right spells, spellcasters could stay young forever. Spellcasters just fit them better than making them vampires)
    TvXPn9g.png

Paka'a Uha
    QkW20vi.png

Simeon Silversweater
    m0UzXoO.png

Lydia Straud ("Robin, I've known you since you were born, what are you doing pretending like you don't know me...")
    8myFXQQ.png

Mortimer Goth
    b811SUK.jpg

Katrina Caliente
    a8gucIo.png

Damon Masters and Caleb Vatore
    w1SlXQf.png

Essa Masters. ("Wow, you're so pretty, I can definitely see where Piper and Willow get their good looks from!")
    MFtg4Sh.png

And another one of favorite sims, Tallulah Goldstein.
    Sk4Rt5G.png

Aaron was having a great time while Robin introduced herself to everyone haha.
    usUzqJ8.png
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited February 2022
    @permanentrose
    Feb 19: Oh my goodness I loved this update! So fun to see Melissa in your game!
    And I love that Hunter showed up in her dream too! And Gloria hehe. Robin must be so confused though :joy:
    Yay, cute Aaron/Hunter pictures! And cute Robin/Melissa pictures! I can't believe I've never actually seen them swimming together in my game...
    And of course Cale gets another vampire girl ;)
    Aww okay I know it shouldn't have happened but I love that Melissa asked Robin on a date <3
    I think this alternate universe/dream idea was pretty fun actually! And I'm so happy that you like Robin and Melissa as a couple so much that you did this for them haha.

Feb 20: Aww Aaron, baby :cry: Makes me sad seeing him sad!
    Hahaha Cale's note made me laugh :joy:
    Baz is gorgeous and that's all I'm saying about that LOL
    Oh I have Aaron doing Friend of the World too, but keep forgetting to mention it :D Love seeing your makeovers of the premades that Robin met :)

@RememberJoy
    Feb 19: Adam looks so happy in the daily pic!
    Awesome party for Winterfest Eve! Nice that Candy gave him the floor to further his DJ skills too ;)
    That clone looks very agitated! Don't blame Adam for leaving after that.

@Shadami
    Feb 10-13: Great set of updates with Velma and her new adventures in Windenburg!
    And one of her first adventures is... getting juiced and sleeping with people... Oh Velma...
    Aww Aaron checked on her, he's so sweet! I still need him to meet Velma in my game, she's very elusive right now. Haven't seen her anywhere yet!
    So she woohoos with Cale, kisses Robin, and DJ saw! Oh no! Then Aldo... oh wow.
    She's spiraling. Poor girl.
    And then Hugo kisses her at the club meeting... yikes.
    I'm glad that DJ came over to talk things out.
    Okay Cale kissing her on the cheek is actually adorable! But he did it after scoffing at Hugo and kicking over Velma's trash can? Cale!
    Oh my word the drama lol
    So glad that she has some good friends she could spend Winterfest with <3
    Lol Aaron's selfie - I had that happen in my game last month but it was DJ :joy:
    Yup Aaron does love metal music (it's one of his likes), and Hunter too ;)
    Hunter! Sheesh, stop playing the game and go home to your man! Made me laugh though seeing it blow up :joy:

@SoulGal7
    Feb 11: Oh yeah, Veronica sure seems sweet, Dylan... I wonder when she'll reveal her true colours!
    Love the pics of Dylan exploring the Bluffs, and yay for Emily sighting!
    MORGAN :love:<3<3 as Morgan's #1 fan I appreciate this update a lot :joy:
    Hehehe she and Dylan are cute. I just love Morgan so much it's unhealthy LOL

@Karababy52
    I'll come back and comment on your Feb 19 after you've updated it, but the boys are looking absolutely amazing on that dance floor! <3
    Post edited by afai1261 on
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    So this week I’m going to play catch up.. each day is going to be a sim day which is not going to be anything interesting unless if it’s a weekend in game. Lol only have to do it for 14 or 15 days think i have to do Feb 6? Not sure I have to check.
    @Shadami
    do you play with mods? Asking since it seems like there’s a chance Velma might be pregnant :)
    edited February 2022
    @permanentrose
    I have mods off right now. But oh goodness would it add to the drama right now xX also I was very tempted to turn them on for this. But. I don't like messing with the mccc settings and I feel like I'd need to change them for this. They're set for other stories ATM.

Anyone who's read my story
    should I turn mods on after all and see what more drama it causes with Velma's spiraling in Windenburg? The reason I don't have it on is because I have it set so that it runs another story and I tried moving the settings out into another file and putting a fresh download in but it still kept the settings. So I don't know how to fix that. XD

Double Spoiler, you have been warned xD
    Got some help. I think I have separate MCCC settings now. Tested a save.
    My boyfriend thinks that I should leave my test in the story.

i0w8XMA.png
    Post edited by Shadami on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Karababy52 @permanentrose @afai1261 @Shadami @RememberJoy @Ellupelluellu @Carebear92

Hey All -
    I have 2 stories almost ready to post, and will probably be doing that over the next few days, but then will be on a hiatus because of a family emergency and I will be in Canada for awhile, with no access to The sims, or computer, etc.

Since you are like my "sims" family, I wanted to let you know that my Mom passed last night. She had been in the hospital, and was going to be released on Tuesday of last week, and then she came down with pneumonia. She was later tested and she had come down with COVID-19. Another patient on her floor had also came down with COVID, so the floor went on lockdown. Anyway, she was on oxygen and was holding her own, but had slipped into a semi-coma, and she wasn't strong enough to fight it. She was 92, and led a good life, but still, it is very sad when someone you love passes.

My husband and I need to get a PCR-molecular COVID-19 test, and we are scheduled to do that later today. The results take 2 days, and then we have to fill out a CANARRIVE form to cross the border. We both have our shots. It all takes so long, but everything is on hold with my Mom until I get to Canada.

Anyway, I just wanted everyone to know. I am behind in my stories anyway, and was gearing up for a great story for Dylan. It will have to wait until I return.

Just remember, life is short, enjoy it, don't sweat the small stuff, and stay safe. Love you all, SoulGal7
    @SoulGal7
    Sending love and support. <3:'(
    *Updated my February 19th post above! I apologize for not updating last night or doing comments either. This nasty cold just won't go away and I was wiped out. I'll get started on comments/replies now. Thanks for understanding! :)

@SoulGal7 - Before I get to comments, I just want to send you a virtual hug across the miles and my condolences to you and your family. I'm so sorry! I hope everything goes as quickly as possible for you. Don't worry about anything, just take care of yourself and your family, that's what matters most now and always. *Hugs & Love* <3
    @SoulGal7 My thoughts are with you and your family right now. So sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time <3
    @afai1261
    Absolutely adore that group shot you put together! They all look so good! Oh and you know how you thought Hunter looks good in my game? I think the same about Cale in yours. He looks the same, but, different... I can't put my finger on it. Do you have custom default eyes besides the contacts? Maybe that's it. Or perhaps a custom default skin? Just curious. :)

Cale, Cale, Cale...*shakes head* Well, yes, it is in character for him. That look he's giving them though. o.O Oh man, poor Melissa, yep, she needs the brave trait, definitely. Need that if she's going to be a ghostbuster. hehe Lovely extra pics too, love the one of Aaron just sitting by himself and 'dancing' with Yoshi. And of course the romantic shots with Hunter. <3

Oh good, glad you don't mind I took bat form away from Hunter. He still has it somehow though, was using it in the club when I last played. How is that possible? Gah! I liked that one too, but thought everyone would think it's too silly. hehe Oh well. :D Except for dancing, reading was all Hunter wanted to do, even though it's against the club rules. Such a rebel. hehe Oh well. I was shocked when Aaron did that, I've never seen such a reaction over losing before. Guessing it's the hot headed trait. Maybe if I let Cale have full autonomy, he'd do that too. ;)

HAHA! I noticed that! I was going to say something about it but forgot. He sure is...bendy! ;) Spur of the moment idea with the dance moves description. It looked like an archer, just like I said, so made up a story on the spot for it. Ooo, interesting about their transition to Glimmerbrook. Excited to find out what that's all about. METAL is one of Cale's likes too! I love Rock and Metal, so most of my Sims love that kind of music too. Plus Retro. Makes me nostalgic listening to those old Sims songs.

I should've realized Hunter couldn't eat food, it's my fault for having Cale 'call to meal.' Puzzles me though why vampires will still eat when they have that. They shouldn't. So glad I didn't lose him either! I could've just added him again and cheated everything back the way it was, but it still freaked me out. I took some screenshots of their house inside and out. I'll post them soon. Maybe for today's update or something since I'm not feeling very good yet and don't have much energy to play today. We'll see...

hehe Love Adonis' face in your daily post pic, I so would've used it too! Aww, poor Aster with the day phobia and the jealousy. I'm so glad Cale made up for his little indiscretion in giving Galatea and Melissa 'the look.' Such sweet, sweet photos of the two with their arms around each other by the fire. They make such a cute couple! Again, I don't know what you did differently to Cale, but he looks positively gorgeous in your game! Love that animation and I love the fire sticks animation too. I think Cale's club needs to visit somewhere with a bonfire, soon! ;) Oh, and of course he'll bring a girl there to snuggle. I agree about the sleepwear when they 'mess around.' Come on, we know what's going on. Especially since if they do 'mess around' as teens, they don't get that notice of 'break out the candles, first time, blah blah' when they woo hoo for the first time as YA!

@permanentrose
    Oh I absolutely LOVE this dream sequence update! Perfect way to get more kisses! And there's Gloria! Glad you changed your mind about having her in the challenge save (sort've) and pairing her up with Cale. hehe I get the feeling she's like the female version of Cale, loves the boys, can't get enough, just like Cale (and Robin) can't enough girls! ;) Wow, Melissa is so beautiful in her mermaid form! She's pretty anyway, but I'm a sucker for purple. I'm so glad Robin and Cale are such good friends. Makes me smile, thank you! :)

Yes, I'm enjoying having Cale befriend the other challenge Sims this year. Essa did a little last year, but not much. She was so wrapped up in Josh, she didn't have much time for anyone else. It's fun just going with the flow with dialogue and trying to have it make sense from whatever screenshots I get. Challenging, and I love that. Nope, I still don't have MCCC. I really should get it at some point. Eh, not really feeling all that much better. In some ways worse, but thankfully I think it's just a really, really nasty cold.

Same here with the walk-bys. If I took a screenshot of everyone that walked by, it would take up an entire update. o.O I figured you did that on purpose hoping I'd think that. hehe I'm glad they're just buddies in your challenge. I've been mulling over something in my mind for them in my save too. We'll see if it works out. :) Okay, well very cool you told me I was thinking right. You didn't have to do that, so thanks! :)

Aww man, that pout on Cale's face in your daily post pic...he looks so sad. Aww, Aaron's missing Hunter in you save, poor guy. Cale! What!? Tsk, why would you do that Dude!? Sheesh! Whoa! Baz is hot, hot, hot! Gimme Gimme Gimme! hehe Just kidding, but, Wow, nice job! His boyfriend Simon is pretty darn cute too! A lot of great Sims Robin introduced herself to. Tallulah is very pretty and nice job on the makeover for Karina! Why is Cale so sad looking though? Oh and who's the redheaded guy in the pic with Mortimer? He looks familiar...

@SoulGal7
    Once again, I'm so sorry about your Mom. *Hugs* Wonderful update with Dylan going for a walk and taking photos then going to the Bluffs and finding Morgan there to spend time with her and getting a peek (and a photo) of Emily! That's tough to do for our Sims so quite an accomplishment, yes! Morgan is such a pretty Sim. I'd rank her right up there with Bella. I wonder if she'll be the one he ultimately ends up with in the end. I guess we'll find out one day.

@Shadami
    I agree, they're all hot! The other four will be just as hot too! ;) Wow, Velma sure has been getting around lately. So she's preggers eh? Oh boy, and there's a possibility Cale could be the baby Daddy. Well that's an interesting development. o.O
    Karababy52 wrote: »

@Shadami
    I agree, they're all hot! The other four will be just as hot too! ;) Wow, Velma sure has been getting around lately. So she's preggers eh? Oh boy, and there's a possibility Cale could be the baby Daddy. Well that's an interesting development. o.O

answers
    She's only pregnant if I leave the mods on and switch to this new file. I've been debating back and forth. xD but I was curious enough that I decided to play some today with the mod on and just see what people think and if I like what happens with mods on. I originally planned not to play with mods or CC.

I'm looking forward to reading how the dance stuff goes with these group outfits :3
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    February 20th: Winter Fest

Today's Achievement:
    Outdoor Adventurer Badge

IvLEAhY.png
    I arrived at the Nishidake's early on Winter Fest morning. I greeted Caroline and Kaori with a hug and added to the pile of presents sitting on the coffee table.
    jiP04cU.png
    I play wrestled with Caroline who was getting a little too excited about the presents and offered to make up a grand breakfast to enjoy as a brunch.
    BgdwPtg.png
    As I got busy in the kitchen, Kaori took our little Carol (this is officially going to be her new nickname) upstairs for some potty training. I finished the meal, and sat down to talk with Kaori's grandparents. I told them about some of my adventures, but I could tell Shigeru was feeling uptight about something.
    1QvJ67x.png
    I decided it was a good time to show off my latest new superpower, and turned on my calming aura.
    esN9LGj.png
    Mr. and Ms. Nishidake were both surprised when I began to glow, but after I explained what it was all about, they both looked at me with more respect which was nice.
    rz5HKlw.png
    Kaori returned with Carol and we sat down to enjoy our brunch.
    4plnPtE.png
    R26L4NO.png
    After our meal, we settled back in the living room to open some presents together. We started with the youngest and and went upward, because frankly, Carol wasn't going to wait for us.
    efuepRv.png
    When it was my turn, I received some candles which was very thoughtful since I live off grid and love me some candle light.
    9uPk9Gm.png
    Once everyone had opened a present, Kaori and I went upstairs to talk in private.
    VgJvpFT.png
    We chatted but didn't want to risk getting too intimate in the house, so Kaori grabbed my hand and led me outside, telling everyone we were going on a walk. Instead we found a pic-nick table outside a food vending booth where we cuddled together closely and whispered sweet nothing's to each other, I even risked a kiss.
    9rPtGUb.png
    I asked Kaori if she had plans for college because now I was thinking of going for the experience. She admitted she had always planned on attending, but now with Carol and her aging grandparents she wasn't so sure. I assured her we would work something out when the time came and asked if she'd like to really go on a walk for old times sake. We took a quick hike around the bamboo forest and where even blessed with the sighting of a Kodama.
    x6s1JRL.png
    We returned home to find Father Winter waiting for us in the living room, having added to our pile of presents.
    OAfHK4C.png
    I wanted to give him something for his kindness, so I gifted him a jar of honey from my bees.
    pBs173Q.png
    Carol had heard the excitement and had come downstairs, but wasn't too sure what to make of Father Winter until he told her he had left a gift for her on the table. That got her excited and she tore into the wrapping paper to find a penguin TV inside.
    83UBuw8.png
    Kaori got a teddy bear and I received another candle; I guess my weakness is all too obvious.
    ghIbkAR.png
    Carol even gave everyone a gift!
    lrsFH7A.png
    It was getting late and Kaori said she should be getting Carol to bed, so I wished them a happy Winter Fest with a hug, and returned home.
    edited February 2022
    February - Day 20: "Aaron & Hunter's Remodeled House - Cottage Am See"

JS22Bgr.png

Notes
    1V5Yw3t.png
    I'm still not feeling well, so I don't have the energy to play and write an update with a story today. Instead, I want to show you a remodel I did of the Cottage Am See house for Aaron & Hunter. Nothing fancy, pretty simple, but much better than the original in my opinion. Here's the Maxis original of the front. I won't be showing every side of the original. The daily post pic is my remodel of the front.

Rather than go to their house since it was raining and Fall, I took my screenshots in Manage Worlds build mode. The daily post pic has the white lines removed, the rest of the screenshots do not. I just didn't have the focus needed to do every single one.

Fxh05Zl.png
    Close up of the front porch with a small BBQ area and easel for Aaron.

bKeieYg.png
    Right side

mDR5Q22.png
    Back Yard

HiqLoYV.png
    Includes some plant pots on the porch and a couple bicycles.

ZpX9MuE.png
    Left side

ZS2UaH6.png
    Includes a firepit area underneath a large oak tree with hanging lantern lights.

AfdEvya.png
    Original Maxis First floor overhead view - Front door on the right.

giRmm4s.png
    My remodeled First floor overhead view - Front door at the bottom. It's just a rotated view, layout is still the same.

BvOK9sR.png
    Maxis Original Second floor overhead view - Front of the house on the right.

om5jAuW.png
    My remodeled Second floor overhead view - Front of the house on the bottom.

tWH55D3.png
    Entrance hallway - right side

isQbsGm.png
    Entrance hallway - left side reading nook

7xzCdtn.png
    Livingroom - includes a small flat screen and gaming console

P1RNW52.png
    Livingroom - right side includes; a stereo and guitar

XtX68xf.png
    Livingroom - left side includes a chess set, and a desk with computer

tMKOUsu.png
    Kitchen - left side

7yTERfo.png
    Kitchen - right side

IunrMGB.png
    Kitchen - overhead view

cpCvicL.png
    Bathroom - Second floor right side view

1fYEVl9.png
    Bathroom - left side view

G1IjrtY.png
    Bathroom - overhead view

CbIsIle.png
    Home gym instead of 2nd bedroom - overhead view only since it's so small

W9OsrPl.png
    Bedroom - right side

IhXbaqJ.png
    Bedroom - seating nook

IcIn9UL.png
    Bedroom - overhead view

M5lqIZl.png
    Bedroom - Just another overhead view

Not shown - The upstairs hallway has another desk with computer, a bookcase with a couple knick knacks and a Bonzai bush in a planter stand next to the bedroom door. You can see all that in the overhead view of the floor plan.

That's it! Just a quickie remodel from a couple days ago, but I really like it! I hope Aaron and Hunter do too! I'll get back to story mode for tomorrow's update. Hope y'all have a good week ahead! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited February 2022
    Feb 12: Somebody's Watching Me

rev-somebodys-watching-me-cover.png
    Veronica Villareal sat at her computer finishing up the order for the Starlights dance costumes. They were perfect. The only thing that she couldn't get was that star necklace that she had seen on another site. It had been sold out. She had sent a scathing e-mail to the vendor, who gave her some star bracelets for free and apologized for the inconvenience. They weren't the star necklaces, and it was a compromise, but they would have to do. Veronica wasn't used to compromises, because what she wanted, she normally got.

I-DID-IT-VERONICA.png

Well, that is, until last night with Dylan. Something had happened and he had rejected her. She had blamed it on the musk perfume for losing its potency, and when she came home had actually thrown the container in the trash. She had purchased it from an old g-ypsy fortune teller in town and paid a lot of simoleons for it, since the g-ypsy had claimed it had many aphrodisiac properties. Well, that had been a load of rubbish because it hadn't worked the way she wanted it to on Dylan.

FRESHEN-UP.png

But at least she had gotten his number, and so this morning, not long ago, she had texted him.

Veronica's text to Dylan: "Dylan...I just wanted to make sure you got home safely last night. So worried about you. Let me know if you need anything, and I'll be right there..."

VERONICA-TEXT-DYLAN.png

And it sat there...unread and unanswered. She couldn't believe it. What teen doesn't look at their phone every two seconds? And she didn't want to send a second text because that would look like she's clingy or needy...something guys just didn't want. No...she would wait. But it was killing her wondering what the heck he was doing not to see her text message.

IS-THAT-DYLAN.png

Veronica got up from her chair and thought about her plans for the day. She looked at her manicure and realized that she needed a touch-up. Maybe she should go to the Windenburg Spa with Luna. A manicure, and a nice, relaxing massage might help her mood. As Veronica got up to find Luna, she looked out the window, and saw a sim coming out of the brambles.

DYLAN-WHAT-IS-HE-DOING-THERE.png

Veronica stared at them, "Is that Dylan? Oh my gosh, it is! Whatever was he doing at The Bluffs? All this time he was right here, and I could have gone in there and had a lovely tête-à-tête with him. Oh my word! And it looks like he's hurrying off to the ferry. Even if I run down the stairs, I would never catch him. Of course, I wouldn't want to run after him per se...I would just want to casually walk in his direction...but it's all too late now. And he still hasn't answered my text message..."

DYLAN-COMING-OUT-OF-THE-BRAMBLES.png

As Veronica strained to watch Dylan continue to the ferry thinking how fine he looked, she saw another sim emerge from the brambles and her eyes narrowed.

SEEING-MORGAN.png

Veronica: "Is that Morgan Fyres? What the plumbob is she doing here? And coming from the Bluffs? Was she...was she with Dylan in there? That sleaze! Dylan would never go after a Renegade! Maybe he doesn't even know she is one. Or maybe he found out and hightailed it out of there because he didn't want to be around a sordid sim like Morgan. That girl...that girl! I cant' stand her! She thinks she can just do anything and get away with it! Well, I am sure that Dylan just laughed in her face when she probably threw herself at him. She's just so desperate, she would do something like that. I'm sure of it.

morgan-leaving-the-bluggs.png

But it is rather interesting that Dylan was with Sofia last night...and today he's with Morgan. The boy gets around. Perhaps it's time to start some juicy gossip to permanently squelch any interest he has in either of them..."

SEEING-MORGAN-AND-MAD4.png

Luna entered Veronica's room.

VERONICA-AND-LUNA.png

Veronica: "Luna, just the sim I was looking for! I was thinking that we should head to the spa together today...you know get a manicure...and maybe a massage and catch-up on all the latest gossip. In fact, you will never guess who I just saw coming out of The Bluffs with a new boy-toy on her arm..."

SPILL-THE-TEA.png

Luna: "Oh Veronica, who was it? Oh come on please "spill the tea"!

Veronica: "Well, you know how I hate to gossip about anyone...but it was that horrid sim, Morgan. And I really couldn't tell...but the guy looked like the guy in that photo that Sofia sent you...you know the one she really likes...um...what was his name...oh yes...Dylan... I mean it looked like him, but the way they were all over each other, kissing and such...it was really hard to see his face. I'm sure it wasn't him, though..."

LUNA-REACTS-TO-GOSSIP.png

Luna: "You think it was Dylan? Sofia called me and told me that she and Dylan had gone dancing last night and he kissed her. I thought it was so romantic. And now you saw him with Morgan? Oh, Sofia will be so crushed..."

Veronica feigned a sad look, "Oh...Dylan kissed her? Well, I...er...I just hope it wasn't him either. Probably just someone who looked like him. Just forget I even told you. I would NEVER want to see Sofia upset...."

I-SAW-THAT-MORGAN-WITH-DYLAN.png

Luna nodded her head looking sad.

Veronica thinking: "My plan is now in motion. Luna is best friends with Sofia, and Luna will most definitely tell her about a "rumor" she heard about Dylan. Oh poor, sad Sofia when she finds out. I'll have to think up something to remove Morgan from the equation, too, but in the meantime, I need to pay that g-ypsy woman a visit. Even though that g-ypsy woman sold me that musk perfume and it didn't work on Dylan, that musk perfume had worked on so many other male teens. So, yes, maybe something stronger is needed to attract Dylan. Something that would make him love me and only me...because I see herself with Dylan forever."

Veronica: "Oh and Luna, after our spa day, I just remembered that I had to do some volunteer work...for my school...at the...um...Windenburg Nursing Home in town. You know how I am so committed to community service, and it will look great on my college application. So, I hope you don't mind going back home on the ferry alone."

Luna: "Oh, that's fine Veronica. Your school is just so wonderful. You're always doing exciting things around the community. I wish I attended the Windenburg School For The Arts, too."

ITS-NOT-YOUR-FAULT-IM-PERFCT.png

Veronica: "So do I, Luna. We would have so much fun. But you know, I just can't help it that I'm artistically gifted and you're not. I really don't know how that happened because we have the same "genes" really. And I hope you know, cuz, that I still luv you even though you're just...well...normal..." she replied smiling sweetly at Luna.

luna-looking-at-veronica.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

The Villareal Estate is just opposite the bramble entrance to The Bluffs.

Apparently the word g-y-p-s-y is a forbidden word on the forums, as I got a bunch of hearts when I typed it. lol
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    I’ve had a sore throat all day, honestly not feeling great so I’m sorry I didn’t get around to comments - I have read all your updates though!
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb18.jpg
    February 18: Dock Den!

Special Appearances By: Emmett Keyes and Robin Keyes ( @permanentrose ), Velma Pagan ( @Shadami )
    As Saturday morning arrived, D.J. made his way over to Adam's house. He unlocked the door and entered the empty home. Adam had left last night. D.J. checked out the bedroom first. He hasn't been in a bed in a very long time. He decided to relax for a bit.

dj-02-162.jpg

D.J. changed clothes as wearing a jacket indoors was not needed. He decided to try himself at cooking breakfast in hopes not to burn down Adam's house the first day. He grabbed a couple eggs and other ingredients he found in the fridge to make eggs and toast.

Since Adam didn't have a toaster, D.J. would have to be creative and use a pan. When D.J. forgot to spray the pan first, he realized that bread could stick to the bottom of it. There was a bit of scraping, but D.J. was able to salvage the bread and continue to toast it in the pan. When the toast was done, D.J. moved onto creating some eggs. He sprayed the pan first this time. D.J was satisfied at the first breakfast he's cooked.

dj-02-163.jpg
    dj-02-164.jpg
    dj-02-165.jpg
    dj-02-166.jpg
    dj-02-167.jpg
    dj-02-168.jpg

After breakfast, D.J. sat and watched some television. He hasn't watch t.v. since he's been back home in Newcrest. He turned on the science fiction channel. One of the Star Wars movies was on. When he was younger, he would always imagine himself as being a Jedi Knight.

dj-02-169.jpg

After the movie, D.J. took out a new notebook he had bought. He wanted to write down about his new adventure in Windenburg. Mostly it was about how he met Adam and joined his yoga and meditation club. Adam had always thought training one's body and mind was the best thing and encouraged anyone to give it a try. D.J. considered Adam to be some type of leader of the pack. He admired Adam a lot and looked up to him. D.J. met Enele and considered him a father figure. Meeting Adam, he considered this guy to be like a big brother as D.J. was an only child.

dj-02-170.jpg

D.J.'s phone buzzed. He was getting a text. It was from Adam. Adam asked how's life living in a cozy home compared to a tent. D.J. shared he was very grateful and is enjoying life with an LOL at the end. Adam continued that he forgot to tell D.J. that two new Sims were coming to the meeting this afternoon. He already met with them and sent D.J. a picture of both. They were a father and daughter duo. Their names were Emmett and Robin Keyes. D.J. recognized Robin. He saw her at the store the day he was picking out his Love Day outfit.

dj-02-172.jpg

As 2pm arrived, the Beautiful Minds members started arriving. When Emmett and Robin arrived, D.J. introduced himself as club substitute leader as Adam is out of town. He couldn't help but stare at Robin. "Are you going to be all creepy stalk like here as you were in the clothing shop?" Robin asked. "What? No. I was just...uh..." D.J. was at a loss of what to say. "You know him, honey?" Emmett asked. "Oh, I was talking to a friend at a clothing store the other day and he was at the counter watching us. Didn't do so well hiding it I might add. I just think he was being nosey or he was checking me out." D.J. was embarrassed now. "No, no. I just couldn't help overhear you talking about your other friend. I'm sorry if it came across as being intrusive." Robin grinned at D.J.

Emmett looked around. Velma was working out on one of Adam's weightlifting machines. The others were hanging out close by. "Am I the old fart of the group?" Emmett asked with a small chuckle. Velma replied, "Age is just a number." Emmett eventually found out that Jared and Lia were close to his age. D.J., Adam, Lucy, and Velma were teenagers.

dj-02-174.jpg
    dj-02-173.jpg

D.J. wanted to get started on some yoga. Emmett and Robin followed D.J. with Jared trailing. Velma and Lucy wanted to talk about other things for the moment. Lia had made herself a snack. D.J. told the others to feel free to join in if and when they're ready. As D.J. was going through some of the moves, Jared heard a snap in his body and got a little shook up. As he didn't feel anything abnormal, he continued the yoga exercises.

Emmett was getting used to the yoga moves from the start. Not so much for Robin. She said she was better with body movement in the water.

dj-02-175.jpg
    dj-02-176.jpg

After an hour of yoga and then some hanging out, members started to disperse. D.J. thanked Emmett and Robin for joining and apologized again to Robin for the other day. Robin laughed it off and said to D.J. "I figured you were just being nosey. I knew you weren't checking me out as I saw you had some nice clothes you were going to obviously purchase and also checking out the colognes and perfumes. I assumed you were getting prepared for a Love Day date. And if by chance you were checking me out, you're not my type." She gives a wink at D.J.

dj-02-177.jpg

After everyone left, D.J. took a bath and changed into his night sweats. He investigated Adam's fridge again to see what he could conjure up for dinner. He's going to miss this when he goes back to his tent tomorrow night. He decided to go basic and make macaroni and cheese. His parents always made this for him when he was younger. It can't be that hard, D.J. thought to himself. After doing his best, D.J. poured it onto a plate. It looked a little lumpy to him. But this is the first time he's ever cooked a dinner meal for himself. He sat down and enjoyed it.

dj-02-178.jpg
    dj-02-179.jpg
    dj-02-180.jpg

Few hours later and D.J. was getting tired, so he made his way to the bed he tried out earlier. He checked his phone to see Sims were still buying his books at the library.

dj-02-171.jpg
    dj-02-181.jpg

Side Note:
    When it was time to add the final two club members, I noticed Robin was eligible to be a part of it, but none of the other Challenge Sims. I debated on editing skills for one of the others to make them, but decided I'd like to see who I could pair Robin up with. I originally thought of maybe adding a girlfriend of Robin's. But I wanted equal genders. I happened to look in her Gallery page and saw an Emmett Keyes. I messaged her and asked about him and found out he is Robin's father. Perfect!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Been busy with life again. I definitely feel ya @Carebear92 and @Shadami ! :smile:

I'll be playing catch up again the next few days. Lots of comments coming tomorrow night. Be prepared to be spammed! :joy: I know some enjoy reading my comments anyhoo. I like to share what I see and read. Happy to say I completed February's Aspiration now (oops, spoiler alert if you haven't read my daily image post above).
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top