Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just found Sims Medieval on Origin Sale! Now what?

Hi everyone, looks like hardly anyone plays Sims Medieval but I just happened to see it on Origin on sale half price only for a few more hours, and bought it for $20 (which includes the pirates and nobles one as well) and just got through the tutorial.

So I treated it like I do Sims 3, and saved as, instead of overwriting, and then wondered if I need to delete cache files. Are there any mods like NRAAS ones needed?

I'm amazed at how smoothly the game runs, and how great the Sims look. And also that I get to hunt, have sword fights, and all sorts of nasty medieval business like putting wrongdoers in the stocks, writing arrest warrants, signing executions etc? Regular Sims could never.

But a quick look online about game maintenance didn't show me much. Figured you all would know?
You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
```
wonderfullymade.jpg

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    edited January 2022
    Congratulations!

For now, I'll say that you won't need to worry about the same issues that The Sims 3 has. For me, the game runs so well unless I play it for really long. The game starts to become really weird. Fortunately, quitting and relaunching the game will prevent this issue.

Edit. By long, I mean about 8-12 hours.
  • PorcelainFaeryPorcelainFaery Posts: 29 Member
    Thanks, I've been looking for this game too! Will it run on windows 10? The description just says it's for Windows 7.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Thanks, I've been looking for this game too! Will it run on windows 10? The description just says it's for Windows 7.

I'm running it on Windows 10 and experiencing no problems. :)
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • hayn2015hayn2015 Posts: 1 New Member
    i bought sims medieval on Feb1st the bundle for $20. the game wont launch and has been broken since day one no one at EA will give me a refund even though ive been trying to get in contact since the very start and now im 5 days past their refund policy so im just stuck with a game that doesn't work and even at this point if it got fixed i wouldn't play because this has been a horrible experience. not even sure ill ever play an sims agian. So happy i wasted so much on all the packs and kits and stuff for sims4. 10 years of simming right down the drain.
  • AeroFunk1021AeroFunk1021 Posts: 4 New Member
    Congrats and welcome. This game didn't do great when it was released, but it has a small following. I didn't like it in 2011 (when I first played) but tried again a few years after and LOVED it. I just picked it up again and am really enjoying it.

Only issue I have is to do with SAVES. I've had so many issues, and I think it has to do with my computer and Windows 10. I don't think they play nice together. I have to do a SAVE AS everytime I save because I get an Error 16 when I attempt to save over a previous file, etc. Apparently this is due to RAM or memory... not sure why since no other games have issues with that. I also had an issue with my newest save becoming corrupt. I had to phyically go into my save folder and copy/paste from the backup save. It's really frustrating but once you figure those out... I'm having a great time.
  • ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    I just bought sims medieval last month. The game is really fun. It feels like a totally different game. The quests are amazing. I'm just surprised people still talk about it here.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited April 2022
    Now you just need a Vlad
    otherwise I would say you are good to go
    M47PMdy.jpg
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • CrayliciaCraylicia Posts: 12 New Member
    I've been trying to run mine on Windows 11 to no avail. But I read that someone else managed to make it work. Hope that I'll find a fix soon!