Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Gonna do proper comments a bit later this evening, but since @Karababy52 mentioned in her comment that she was trying to update Robin's outfits, I thought I'd actually post her outfit categories to make it easier. Don't feel obligated to change her outfits though, but if you enjoy keeping things like that updated in your game then of course I want to make it easier for you all haha. Didn't post swimwear since it's a CC suit, and I posted 2 cold weather outfits just since I always do one actual outer wear for that category and then just an outfit they can wear indoors when its cold too :) I think her warm weather shirt is CC, but there's probably something similar in the game.

EuwyBKb.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @permanentrose - Yay! Thank you so much for doing this! I don't mind at all updating everyone through the year. Totally up to y'all though if you want to post outfits or not. I don't know about everyone else, but I always like to at least change their clothes each month, usually their hair too. Cale is an exception this year with the hair since I couldn't find one comparable to what he now has that someone else isn't already using as well. Anyway, thanks again! Oh, and please, don't feel like y'all have to update Cale every month either, totally your choice! Dress him however you feel he'd look or keep his original. Either way is cool. :)
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    February 17th: Becoming a scout

Today's Accomplishments:
    Become a Master Wellness teacher
    -Lead another level 10 wellness skill sim in a yoga class
    Completed Wellness Guru
    Became a scout
    Earned Sociability badge

wbGgxWw.png
    After breakfast and some DJ practice at the pub, I traveled through the blizzard to host another yoga class. This time I got mostly Paragons, including Sofia who was almost at peak wellness, and Sergio who refused to wear pants and made everyone a bit uncomfortable.
    Dy839CI.png
    After class, Sofia and I got to talking about our plans for college. I still hadn't made up my mind whether I'll even bother, but Sofia encouraged me to at least give it a shot for the experience if nothing else. I admitted she had a good point and that I'd better start looking into scholarships.
    f2KDyDx.png
    She recommended I become a scout leader like herself as there where some scholarships involved, but told me I'd first have to prove myself by earning some badges and working my way up the scouting ranks. I agreed it would probably be a good idea and asked her to sign me up. She gave be a board to keep track of my badges and a uniform and guide book. "Welcome to the scouts", she congratulated, giving a mock salute. "I'm sure you'll climb the ranks quickly".
    YNtKvky.png
    After our conversation, I began our club meeting and Sofia finally reached her full wellness potential during our yoga session, I'm so proud!
    qmZstqC.png
    Accordingly, I'm now recognized as an official Wellness Guru in the prestigious circle of wellness connoisseurs, and as a reward I now glow.
    9TDlqah.png
    OK, so its actually a calming aura that I'm able to radiate when I wish to boost the mood of those around me.
    hW2YHmW.png
    Siobhan, the leader of the Paragons and a sim I haven't had the chance to get to know very well, cornered me after class and and asked if I'd be willing to do her nails. Sofia had talked me up to her club and told them I was doing commissions at 40 simoleons apiece. Of course I took her up on it and painted her nails a soft glossy pink.
    7FvfhBE.png
    She paid me and left to find better lighting for a selfie and Sofia came around the corner smiling. "You sir, are amazing. You just impressed one of the most popular sims in this city. Now you're going to be getting requests nonstop"! "No thanks to you", I laughed. "But seriously, I appreciate you talking me up to your friends, I can use all the income I can get".
    gotWSIH.png
    I offered to buy her dinner as thanks at the nightclub, so we bundled up and walked over. We both got some fish and chips and sat down to enjoy it.
    VuvWv2K.png
    We then hit the very crowded dance floor where I was suddenly overcome by a powerful wave of paranoia.
    BD2mU4w.png
    I started to panic and needed to get away from the crowd, so I headed upstairs to the usually empty karaoke room.
    9eUByPC.png
    I sat down at a table and took deep breathes to try and calm my racing heart.
    kF1JEOV.png
    Sofia must have seen me go upstairs because she came and joined me a minute later. I must have looked off because she asked if I was alright.
    OYY7NlR.png
    I sighed, and tried to explain how I would sometimes get sudden episodes of paranoia, and I'd just had a really bad one down on the dance floor. "It feels like someone is watching me and it causes my heart to race and makes it difficult to breathe. It's part of the reason I took up wellness, it helps me manage my episodes better, but it doesn't stop them".
    tRrrPeS.png
    "I'm sorry Adam", Sofia sympathized, "is there anything I can do to help"? "Talking with you seems to be helping", I said taking a deep breath, "my heart is returning to normal, thanks. I just need to ground myself back into this reality".
    rsQBfUc.png
    We chatted some more and soon I was feeling much better. I gave Sofia a hug and thanked her again for being there for me before I excused myself and made my way home.
    yTAmpdY.png
    At home I set up my scout board and discovered I had easily already earned a Sociability badge, Sofia was right, this was going to be a breeze!
    wbGgxWw.png
    The blizzard was still raging outside, but I'd forgotten to empty my bladder before coming home. I can tell you this, there are few things less cold and unpleasant as trying to pee in a bush during a blizzard.
    mCwxHHv.png
    Hopefully the weather clears up soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @Karababy52
    Aaron's looking good in your game! It's so nice he and Cale are buddies in your game. I love that I have both Cale and Aaron (and Dylan!) in Robin's club now. I see them all the time now. Especially Cale now since he lives with Robin - that's been a lot of fun lol. I love Aaron looking at his wall of ladies. I should have been taking pictures of all the girls Robin has been with (I mean, I technically still can, they haven't gone anywhere haha). Robin's got that same attitude about girls - she just can't seem to get enough ;) Cale and her are gonna bond over pretty girls in my game for sure LOL. I like the idea of a bro club, very fun! It will be good for Cale to stay focused too, since there won't be distractions haha.

Nice of Josh and Essa to loan Cale a dance floor! Ah, yes, a good video game with Josh is a stable part of your game, love to see Cale carrying on the tradition this year haha. Nice stargazing chat they had too, I like the parallels between Cale and Alessandra and Josh and Essa. It will be interesting to see if Alessandra does end up being the one! I really like how effortlessly you add the lore of spellcasters and vampires into your narrative too! Lol, Josh and that bar :D

I didn't realize that the aspiration used to be that way for this pack - to be honest, I never really use to care about doing aspirations or exploring them before this challenge haha, so it's been a treat to actually have a reason to do them and create a narrative around them. I realized I've still never done the deviance aspirations - it might be too farfetched to do them with Robin, but in another save, perhaps :)

I think you'll enjoy my update for tomorrow, that's all I'll say haha :D And the move to Glimmerbrook plan is in the works, not gonna be anything too crazy, but Cale is gonna be part of it haha.

Also I'm happy to share what I can to help people update Robin in my game, I just wish I were better at keeping all your sims updated haha.

@afai1261
    Haha, yes, it is funny we both chose vampires for Cale! And sometimes one picture a day is all you need, and not everything has to have a story or a goal. I just like playing this game even if I don't have a plan in mind, and something entertaining always happens that I can take a screenshot of haha. Curious to see how you'll segue into next month though!

@LegacySims2017
    DJ leaving Cailin's house made me realize that Robin still hasn't visited the Von Haunt Estate, I definitely should do that before the end of this month. You gotta give Cale a lady in your game, then maybe he'll stick around ;)

Aw, nice trip back to Mt. Komorebi for DJ, and he got to see some familiar faces too. This challenge tends to get so busy that I forget about visiting past worlds often, but it's a nice idea.

@SoulGal7
    Sofia and Dylan are very sweet together. Dylan just can't seem to help himself with falling for these girls in each new world, and he's falling for them so sweetly too <3 Looks like Veronica is definitely interested too. Love your reasoning for adding her to the game, very well thought out backstory, and I'm sure the Villareal's ties into the criminal world will also tie in with the guys after Dylan. It's fun to see all the Get Together sims in your game - all of mine of old now with kids Robin's age, just since they were all around Jules' age last year haha.

And sorry I didn't mention Kiki's name in that post! I introduced her a few updates earlier and then forgot that I should probably be referring to sims by name in my posts, just since there's so many and you all can't be expected to remember them all :D
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm keeping up to date on everyone's stories even though I'm not really getting time to play yet. XD you're all doing so awesome!!
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    February 16th Comments:

@Shadami
    Serena just wanted to keep talking cause once she stopped and left, who knew when she'd see Velma again. :lol: Cracked up at Aldo serenading when he arrived.

@afai1261
    I love the baton swinging. That snowpal Aaron and Hunter made....what a mess! A fun mess, though.

@permanentrose
    Wow, I like that daily image. Very cool! I'm sure Skylar understands. Especially when she stood up for her before on not being exclusive. Ooo...Pepper images! :smiley:

@SoulGal7
    That's a nice daily image view from outside. Wait til Veronica finds out he's the leader of his own dance crew. Then what is she going to do? lol ... She'll be more upset with Sofia than she is now. She's clearly jealous, but if she's the leader of the Starlights, I see bad things for Sofia.
    I promise you that D.J. won't forever be in a tent. :joy: Big stuff planned for D.J. real soon. I think you'll enjoy it.

@RememberJoy
    Like I said, Adam is going to be a jack-of-all-trades! :lol: Now he's going to be hittin' Nightclubs being their DJ. Good to see Sofia was understanding of Adam.

@Karababy52
    Oh, good to see Josh again. Lots of fun bro hangout moments between the two.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    @permanentrose
    Feb 16: Gorgeous colours in that daily shot!
    Congrats to Dylan for finding someone he likes ;)
    Aww Robin and Skylar :cry: I'm glad they can still be friends though.
    That hairstyle looks really nice on Robin!

Feb 17: And that is yet another beautiful daily shot! Love seeing all the club members sans Piper all together!
    Haha Sinead being mad, Lucy looking over it, and Aaron being all happy in the background :D It's so good not seeing him be so tense in your game now.
    Ah that's so cool that Aaron asked for the meeting at the Bluffs considering that that's where his club (mainly) hangs out in my game!
    Poor Cale, he looks so distressed in that second pic of him and Robin sitting at the pool. But happy that she can offer him refuge of some sort.

@LegacySims2017
    Feb 15: So lovely of Adam to lend DJ the use of his house for the weekend!
    Poor Cale in the outtakes :D

Feb 16: Nice to see DJ take the time to go back to Mount Komorebi and catch up with everyone he met there! Hahaha love Erwin and his conspiracy theories :joy:
    And of course he had to dedicate the book to Enele and his family!
    Put some clothes on, Lia! :D

@SoulGal7
    Feb 10: Ooh, here comes the drama!
    Oh Dylan, you need to be careful... Gosh he's so conflicted, poor guy!
    I like Veronica's backstory too!

@RememberJoy
    Feb 16: "A couple hours and a half dozen complaints later" :joy: I love these humorous bits you add!
    Sheesh Sofia, that's a bit forward don't you think! Omg she kissed him :o Wow. But I'm happy that she was understanding :)

Feb 17: Died laughing at Sergio refusing to wear pants :D:D Never thought he would be such an exhibitionist :joy:
    Oh cool that Adam joined scouts!
    "As a reward I now glow" :joy: what a great line! Congrats for finishing Wellness Guru :smiley:
    Ah poor dude panicking in the disco. Happy that Sofia could be there for him.

@Karababy52
    Feb 16: Oh hey there Josh! Super cool of him to give Cale a dance floor and those lights!
    Poor Josh not landing that backflip though :D
    That was a perfect face that Cale mad when Josh won playing the videogame :joy:
    So sweet of him to offer Cale some advice regarding Alessandra!

Thank you for the virtual hug, needed that lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    February - Day 17: "Great Balls of Fire!" Part One

UZPNYTO.png

Notes
    4r40Ar2.png
    The next morning Aaron showed up right on time for their first club meeting to discuss their name and other things. But where was Hunter?
    "Hey Aaron, guessing Hunter couldn't make--"
    *POOF*
    "--it... Oh, nevermind."

zWJt1yZ.png
    "He likes to make an entrance."
    "Hey, hey! Surprised?"

"hehe Yeah, forgot you were a vampire. I'd so do that if I were a vampire too!"

NJ337Eg.png
    "Glad you could make it Dude."
    "Hey, no problem. Thanks for the invite!"

Fy4m6zI.png
    "So, you're joining the club then, right?"
    "You got it!"
    "Excellent!"

XNxluJ4.png
    "Okay, so I guess the first thing we should do is think of a name for ourselves. I've got a few ideas I'd like to run by you guys. Let me know what you think and be honest, I can take it."

Aaron and Hunter both nodded in agreement waiting to hear what Cale had come up with.

"Alright, what do you think about 'The Eight Balls? I thought maybe we'd set a limit of 8 guys, so..."

NysDifG.png
    "Seriously? That's kind of lame Dude. Especially if we'll have 8 guys, that's 16 balls, not 8."
    "Oh, yeah, D'uh, what was I thinking?"
    "What else have you got?"

dBEEotV.png
    "Okay, what about this, 'The Electric Pickles?"

KWorfmK.png
    "Pretty good huh? Huh?"
    "Mannn, that stinks! No way, that's even worse than the other one."
    "Electric pickles? Where did you get that?"

"The internet. I found a website suggesting cool dance club names."
    "They lied, it's dumb. Got anything else?"

4L7fwy5.png
    "Yeah, but...I don't know if I should suggest it now. Have you guys thought of anything?"
    "Nah, haven't even given it a thought really. It's your club man, you should name it."
    "It's OUR club, not just mine. We should all agree."
    "Okay, okay, just tell us what it is. Anything has to be better than those other two."
    "Yeah, spit it out Dude."

Cale took a deep breath, looked down with his eyes closed, then opened his eyes and looked up at Aaron and Hunter with his head still down and said...

"I thought up this one myself, what about, 'Great Balls of Fire?' Hear me out, it's from a very high energy song and it's a play on words. It'll make everyone think we're on fire, that we're 'hot' when we're dancing and that we're 'Great' too. Plus, 'great' has the 8 sound in it."

Silence...

(Oh man, they hate it. Say something!)

tNBWS9J.png
    "Hmm, yeah, I like that one. Very cool, or should I say 'hot' Dude. What do you think Hunter?"
    "I agree, I like it too. Great idea Cale. I say we go with that one."
    "Me too!"

"Whew! Okay, thanks, glad you guys like it."

The three friends discussed a few other things about the club and then each showed off some of their favorite dance moves. They decided to keep it simple at first and put together a small routine to practice.

o4XCe15.png
    toTIAIg.png
    y43NMVs.png
    JYMd3ss.png
    I guess Aaron and Hunter both had enough dancing because they left the dance floor before the group dance was finished. Hunter grabbed a book to read, which is against club rules and Aaron just sat on the couch to stare into space. Cale had the option to 'scold Hunter for breaking club rules' but no way was I going to have him do that.

DJk3zOP.png
    Since Aaron was already sitting there, I had Cale ask the three of them to play a video game together. Aaron immediately picked up a controller and got a fierce determined look on his face for the game. Hunter on the other hand, put away the book he held and decided he'd rather dance, again.

VbeUycj.png
    (What? I like to dance, you got a problem with that Watcher?)
    No, no, it's cool Dude, You do you!
    (Alright then, in that case...)

AfXY0wV.png
    I think Hunter is a bit of a rebel. Or maybe he just doesn't like to play video games? There might be a good reason for that...

ve0iNco.png
    Aaron lost the game and got extremely upset about it, balling up his fists and shouting over and over 'Neeb! Neeb! NEEB NEEB NEEEEEEEB!'
    "Whoa Dude, it's just a game. You could win next time we play. Calm down."

QB5EVxr.png
    "I NEVER win though. NEVER! It's not fair! I thought I could surely beat you. But Noooo, I lose AGAIN! And DON'T tell me to calm down. I'll yell about if I want to, okay? Just zip it!"

Cale was upset now too, but he kept his mouth shut and just sat with a sour look on his face, giving Aaron time to think about what he'd just said to him. I was actually proud of him for not yelling back at Aaron. In the past he would not let anyone get away with telling him to 'zip it.' I think the fact he's a hot head too probably helped. He knows how the smallest of things can make him blow up, so he gets it.

8ersICz.png
    "I'm sorry Cale. I'm just frustrated. I can't help it, I get so angry when things don't go my way sometimes."
    "It's okay, I get it. I'm like that too. Maybe we should dance again or something. I could put some METAL on? I know we all love that."

5tDwfz0.png
    Dancing to the METAL station lifted all their spirits! They had a great time just letting go and getting brutal with the music. I wonder if Aaron and Hunter just don't like the Summer Strut station. Once Cale turned on METAL, they all went nuts for it!
    "I love this song! It thrashes so hard!"

Rqdq1oq.png

"Got that right! Feelin' better Aaron?"
    "Ohhh yeahhh, get it guys!"

JAiZPRy.png
    "Ahhhh! I love this! Should've turned it on sooner!"
    "Why didn't you? Always gets me going. Such a head banger, it's my jam!"
    "I don't know, but glad I did now! YES!"

...to be continued.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb17.jpg
    February 17: Ancient Ruins!

D.J. didn't have any plans today after school. Normally he would have a few hours to himself before going to work. This is his last vacation day and he'll be completely unemployed. However, he's bringing in simoleons now from his two books and he's been visiting the farmer's market in town to sell some his plant harvests. He's reached over 10k in simoleons now.

dj-02-153.jpg
    dj-02-154.jpg

D.J. thought it was a good afternoon to evening to go exploring Windenburg just a bit more. He overheard about some Ancient Ruins just north outside of Olde Platz. It was a beautiful sight in the winter. D.J. could only imagine what it was like in the other seasons.

dj-02-155.jpg
    dj-02-156.jpg

As D.J. walked further in, he saw a building. As he got closer, and peeked inside, it looked like a little bakery and coffee shop. What a weird spot to put a cafe, D.J. thought to himself. It looked abandoned and he shouted, "Hello?" A barista from the back came out and greeted him. D.J. took a seat and introduced himself. D.J. asked about the ancient ruins for which the barista gave him a history lesson. He included that there are spirits and ghosts that on occasion may come around. That they usually come out during the late evening hours. Also that locals and tourists come around during the nighttime as well.

dj-02-157.jpg
    dj-02-158.jpg

D.J. had nothing better to do right now, and his watch said it was around 4pm. He asked the barista if he could hang out for a bit. The barista didn't mind at all. The barista gave D.J. a croissant and cappuccino on the house.

dj-02-159.jpg

Not long after having a conversation, D.J. heard some fire crackling from outside the cafe. He exited to see a bonfire has been started and what looks like a couple hanging out. D.J. goes over to introduce himself to them. They didn't look much older than he was. The red head introduced herself by the name of Kristie. The guy was Gerardo. Both lived in Windenburg and in fact, they were a high school couple. She mentioned she lived in the Von-Windenburg Estate and has seen D.J. visit Adam's place a few times.

D.J. was curious as Caitlin also lived in an Estate. He asked if she knew Caitlin. Gerardo laughed and said, "Who doesn't?" He continued, "In fact, we know all about you now as well. Her latest boy toy." Kristie punched his shoulder and told him to knock it off. D.J. got a bit upset and replied, "I'm not a boy toy. I'm a boyfriend." "Same difference, dude!" Gerardo said. Kristie cut in. "She hangs out with anyone she finds hot. She probably does like you, but don't be surprised if she flirts with other guys as well. Some know what she's like and turns her flirtations down while others give in."

"Can we change the subject, though, please?" Kristie sighed. She asked D.J. what brought him to the ruins. Hardly anyone visits except on weekends. She explained she was there with Gerardo as they like the peace and quiet of it all before the actual weekend hits. Now distracted, D.J. responded that he was checking out spots in Windenburg and the barista said that there could be spirits and ghosts wandering about. He was hoping to see one. Kristie said it was rare.

dj-02-160.jpg

Before it got too dark, D.J. bid farewell to Kristie and Gerardo. He was upset with everything he heard about Caitlin. He needed to have a talk with her and figure out what is true and what isn't. Gerardo seemed to be a bit sarcastic, but Kristie seemed genuine.

dj-02-161.jpg

Side Notes:
    • The Ancient Ruins coffee shop I found on the Gallery as the only maxis curated lot for Windenburg's Ancient Ruins. It looked nice, so I added it. I added Lot traits of Spirits and then for Lot Challenge, I made it Spooky. Sadly, nothing came from it for this day. Was completely bummed.
    • Kristie and Gerardo were the only two who showed up the whole night at the Ancient Ruins. Not much fun in that, so I worked on the Caitlin story arc with them. Kristie does live in the other Estate as I saw from MC Command Center. That helped a little.
    • The daily image is actually not of Windenburg's Ancient Ruins, but it looks like it could fit in there. I found it online and thought it was really cool when I really was looking for a Windenburg Ancient Ruins winter image.

Outtakes:
    Spotted Dylan riding his bike as D.J. was asleep in his tent.

dj-02-152.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    February 17th Comments:

@afai1261
    Did Hunter land that backflip?! That Sim next to him is really close. :lol: Aaron looks like he's trying to get a good angle of taking a picture of Hunter doing that flip.
    Very early intro to Erwin for when we get to the StrangerVille month. :wink:

@permanentrose
    That must have been cold out there swimming at the bluffs in the winter. :lol: Nice to see Cale and Robin as roomies. Hopefully no crazies come knocking at her door looking for Cale. :joy:
    I don't want to force play a Challenge Sim until they actually enter D.J.'s life. Once he's in sight of Cale and interacts with him in some fashion, I can bring on the ladies to Cale. That's why I was really hoping he showed up at the Nightclub on Love Day. I would never portray Cale in a negative way, but I could have had a little fun with it.

@Shadami
    Can't wait to see Velma in Windenburg in your gameplay! :smile:

@Karababy52
    D.J.'s been having it nice, but as we get close to the end of the month, it's gonna be drama time for him. Yes, that was Erwin. The game decided to recreate him like it did the bag ladies. :joy: I guess he's meant to be in StrangerVille? I decided to give him some exposure leading up to that month.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    February 18
    WIPBMqiR_o.jpg
    Aaron watched silently as Hunter chanted and his chair levitated, the ring of spiritual flame above the seance table ever growing in diameter.
    jH3MuIM.png
    "You're getting pretty good at that," he complimented the vampire as Hunter concluded the ceremony and Aaron felt the tension in the house noticeably decrease, the hairs on the back of his neck which had been standing on edge now going down.
    "Yeah?" Hunter asked, grinning. "Guidry seems to think I'm almost as good as him." He paused, thinking. "I think I know what I want to do for a living."
    Aaron raised an eyebrow in question. "Put my knowledge of being a medium to good use of course," was Hunter's reply, answering the question just beginning to form on Aaron's lips.
    "So you can bust the ghosts with Melissa," Aaron said with a laugh. "Do you still want to go to university?" He had been thinking about what he himself wanted to do at university and had settled on studying biology.
    "I figured university wouldn't be for for me," Hunter admitted. "But you're smart, you could probably get any degree you wanted."
    Aaron protested that immediately. "I'm not smart," he said, glancing away quickly and feeling his face begin to heat up at the unexpected compliment.
    "No? But you're dating me, I'd say that's pretty smart."
    "Hunter!"
    Hunter laughed. "You do want to go to university though, right?"
    Aaron nodded. "I was thinking something to do with animals," he began. "Or just biology in general... Adonis was saying that he wants to be a marine biologist."
    "You can be study buddies!" Hunter enthused. "While Melissa and I become ghostbusters!"
    "But really I just want to study bats," Aaron said, smirking slightly.
    "...Bats," Hunter repeated. He caught on at the last second before... "Vampire bats," Aaron pressed on.
    "Well, here's one you can study right now," Hunter said, moving closer to Aaron and reaching out to caress his cheek.
    "Is that really studying bats if you're not in bat form?" Aaron asked, his grin and the blush spreading across his face only growing.
    "I've got the vampire part down though," Hunter's voice was husky as he bent to kiss Aaron's neck.
    "We're taking this to the bed."
    "As you wish." :smirk:
    uYayGkh.png

Aaron tossed up one of the knives and hoped he wouldn't grab it by the blade when it came back down. Maybe that wasn't the smartest thing to do...
    D7M6ezE.png

Hunter joined him in the kitchen to dance along to the music he had put on.
    Pbt5a2G.png

"You wanna go to the park after school?" Aaron asked as he set the steaming dish of cottage pie on the table.
    LnWHnGC.png

He bent to play with Yoshi. "Do you want to come too, boy?"
    V4A3CuP.png
    Both were very enthusiastic about that idea. (ahah I totally forget to bring Yoshi anywhere lol he should really come with them to the park more often :joy: )

At Hare Square, Aaron got a chance to catch up with Dylan while Hunter decided to clean up the messes kids had made.
    XUTPoDp.png
    DJDSpUC.png

Aaron also introduced himself to Savannah.
    KOaUA9b.png

As the sun set, he sat on the bench trying to avoid the gaze of a boy on the space ship who looked like trouble.
    f7bwE9j.png
    VZ7ESHd.png

Hunter finally distracted him with kicking the ball around.
    UYFiQ6Q.png

They returned home for Aaron to get a late dinner of fried fish.
    m2B7nLB.png

As he danced in his seat to the music, Guidry materialised beside him, ready to help again. "Oh, brave," Guidry commented.
    "What? For eating fish with chopsticks?"
    Vvzv9XK.png

"No... I can sense that this house just got a lot more haunted."
    usDh1ek.png
    (Someone may have (finally) turned on Heroic mode ;) )

Extras:
    Hunter actually did max the Medium skill!
    oGGlmvy.png

Oh hello you three!
    DgV6Ls7.png
    Hrc4GEw.png

More Yoshi cuteness
    7QnoJ6G.png
    XysaaP6.png
    lNFdJwF.png
    anUZmGU.png

Also on Hunter's backflip from the last update: he did land it, that was the first time he had ever done a backflip and Aaron was looking at his phone the whole time :joy:
    lFQtbhF.png
    Ld13oT1.png
    pKrPsDg.png

Then he hit himself in the face trying to do something else LOL
    W8Mm5lL.png
    xvKboG2.png
    nEvXZr3.png

Oh hi Elle <3
    RwDs7Fq.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
  • Options
    February 18

Qci9CX4.jpg
    Cale had only been living with Robin for a few days when one afternoon, a girl barged into Robin's house, unexpected and uninvited.
    3HYbueS.jpg

"Brandi? What are you doing here?"
    jZhovFF.jpg

(For anyone who followed my challenge last year, Brandi is the daughter of Brittany, Emmett's ex-girlfriend and Jules' nemesis. Brittany's daughter seemed like a good sim to fill the role of Cale's crazy lover :joy:)

"I'm here to see you, Caley-Waley. When you didn't answer my texts over the past few days, I was so worried. I checked your house too, but it's been empty, so I tracked your phone. I came to see if you were okay. I miss you so much, baby."
    q92KyLu.jpg
    mPBbNyZ.jpg

"Uh, Robin!! Can you come out here?!"
    wXm3s4D.jpg

"Who's Robin?" Brandi asked, as Robin came out of the bedroom, only to be swept into a sudden kiss by Cale.
    767vOtd.jpg

"Robin's my girlfriend," Cale said, and Robin let him pull her into another kiss. She could sense it was necessary, even though she was still feeling startled. "I've been trying to tell you...we're over."
    YraNXdQ.jpg

"Ugh, you're so infuriating!"
    1uAOkTk.jpg

"When will you see that we're meant to be together??!" She stormed off in a huff, muttering profanities under her breath as she left the property.
    PmpnNji.png

"Sorry," Cale apologized. "I didn't know what else to do...she's crazy..."
    jdBMGM2.png

"It's okay," Robin chuckled. "I'm happy to help out. She really did seem insane...hopefully if you keep staying here, then she'll back off."

"Thanks," Cale told her, letting out a sigh of relief. "You're the best fake girlfriend a guy could ask for."
    yBQ8JL7.jpg

--
    So as I was brainstorming loop holes for this serial romance aspiration, I thought it would be funny to have Cale and Robin fake date, which is how the whole roommate idea came to be. It was SUPER hard to get them to the point where they could have their first kiss though lol. Robin still doesn't even have any attraction toward Cale when she opens up his profile and I think it's because she truly is only into girls lol, and Cale was just super angry and kept doing autonomous mean interactions as I tried to get their pink bar up. At one point they even dipped into the red on their romance bar lol, but I finally bought Robin the "beguiling" trait and cheated Cale's needs into the green. That made it much more manageable and I finally had success, even though these two were super resistant haha. It's like they were telling me that they truly just want to be friends haha.

So I was debating whether to play Robin as bisexual or not, but I think this pretty much solidifies that she's exclusively into girls. Cale will be her one exception of kissing a guy for this aspiration :joy:
  • Options
    *Updated my February 17th post above! I had to break this up into two updates since the club meeting went over 12 hours for the aspiration and I had a TON of screenshots. I'll post Part Two later this evening after doing comments/replies next. Hope y'all are having a good day/night! <3
  • Options
    @permanentrose
    I'm enjoying their friendship too! Ever since I put the teen neighborhood lot trait on Cale's house, I see challenge teens and others I put in this save all the time! They walk by at all hours of the day/night. Love it! Such a cool idea you had for moving Cale in with Robin! I'll expand on that shortly. ;) hehe Very cool they can bond together over girls in your game since they both have a voracious appetite for them, so glad they're friends! Exactly right about the Bro club. It'll be nice for Cale not having any temptations while he's just hanging out with the guys. Although, once they start dancing in clubs, I'm sure he'll get a wandering eye for the ladies there. ;)

HAHA! Oh yeah, Josh beating everyone and them trying to beat him is a staple with Joshie. Had to carry on the tradition. The parallels between the two couples relationships was purely unintentional, but I'm glad it happened! It's been fun weaving some of the things from last year into this year's story too. I wasn't going to do that, but I'm glad I did now. :)

I've been doing aspirations right from the start since most challenges use them in their rules. Not all, but the majority do. I've tried one of the deviant aspirations, but didn't really care for it. Even though Cale is a hot headed meanie, I don't think I'll do them with him either. Maybe, but I doubt it.

Yes! I LOVE what you've done there with Cale and Robin! You're SO sneaky with that daily post pic! I thought to myself, "AHA! I was right!" But nope, I was so wrong, just a 'fake' couple to scare off Cale's stalker. hehe Clever idea to work in getting another kiss for Robin's serial romantic aspiration goals! Honored that Cale will be the only guy she kisses too. Such a fun update! I love it! Guessing they might move to Glimmerbrook to get away from Cale's stalker, Brittany's daughter. Figures she's just like her Mom.

@LegacySim2017
    Yep, they had a good time together. Josh is always fun to play. :)

Very cool pic of ancient ruins in Winter you found. It does look like it could be the Windenburg ruins. I like that you put a Café there, great idea. Nice that he met some other teenagers. But bummer what he might've found out about Caitlin. I hope things work out for those two, I have a feeling it won't now though given the fact she was flirting with that DJ. o.O

Yep, I can imagine there will be some drama for DJ at the end of the month now. Oh yeah, Erwin works in the curio shop in StrangerVille. He's a cool Sim in my opinion. I love how paranoid he is and the facial expressions he makes as a result. hehe

@afai1261
    Poor Josh, he also hit himself in the face with those light sticks, but I didn't show that part. hehe Cale had his troubles as well. I was SO surprised Josh didn't make that backflip, he's a pro at dancing. Ah well, I guess we all have our off days. hehe I love the faces Cale makes, he's so funny when he's angry! :D We'll see if Cale takes his advice about Alessandra. Maybe next month, since they'll both be Spellcasters then. We'll see...

You're welcome! Here's another one *Hugs* :)

Very cool Hunter has maxed out the Medium skill! That'll sure come in handy now that you've turned on Heroic mode! Oh boy, get ready for some more specters showing up, mean ones! o.O Biology for Aaron eh? Good choice. Not sure what Cale will study yet. Perhaps whatever degree involves gardening since he loves that so much. Got a laugh out the studying bats comment and then the result. hehe On a side note, I hope you don't mind I turned off Hunter's ability to fly as a bat and gave him super speed instead. None of my vampires fly as a bat except one, but I don't see him very often. Why? Well, it's a bit distracting and annoying when they fly everywhere like that, even just a few feet away. I'll turn it back on if you'd rather he had that. Let me know! :)

Ooo, Max Villareal. Yeah, don't blame Aaron for avoiding him. That kid is evil incarnate. Yoshi is SO adorable, love that dog, so cute!

On another side note, I moved Aaron and Hunter out of their challenge Sims group house. They live in the Cottage Am See house now in Windenburg. I remodeled it for them since I'd gutted it before as a part of my custom template save. It had basically nothing, not even wallpaper or flooring. It has all the comforts of home now, including their own gym! :) If you'd like to see it, let me know and I'll take some pics of it. Or perhaps have Cale go visit them so you can see it that way. I really like how it turned out. Nothing fancy really, simple, but very cozy in my opinion.

Oh hey! Hi Cale, Dylan, Lando and Elle! She looks so gorgeous in that screenshot! One of my favorite vamps! Aww man, his first time and he stuck the landing without Aaron noticing a thing. Well that's a bummer. Maybe next time Aaron will be paying attention. ;)
  • Options
    February 18th: A chill day

Today's Accomplishments:
    Reach level 5 dancing
    Earn Scholarly Aptitude badge

BvQ0ZzR.png
    After warming up with some hot curry from the food vendor, I bought another canvas to try my hand at painting once again.
    KZqrQxX.png
    The day had started out sunny, but as I painted the sky clouded over and the blizzard that had raged on and off for the last few days started up again until I could barely even see my painting.
    5Etg55S.png
    I retreated with my art piece into the cafe next door where I ran into an interesting looking dude named Ted Roswell, who looked like he'd just walked out of a Western.
    EHrQIyW.png
    I introduced myself and asked where he was from. He told me he was from a small desert town named Strangerville, and just so happened to be the mayor there. I admitted I'd never heard of the place and asked what brought him to Windenburg. He explained there was some kind of trouble in his home town and he'd been asked to attend a political meeting in town to discuss it with all the worlds' leaders. When I asked him what had happened, he just shook his head and said he wasn't at liberty to discuss it. The guy looked really spooked as he said this, so I decided to change the subject and told him about some of my own adventures to distract him.
    Jc3E39u.png
    I could see he was starting to relax a little, so I asked him if he liked ping-pong as there was a table upstairs free to use. We went up and played a short game together before he said he had to get going.
    FQ7AiJS.png
    Before he left he told me that if my travels and adventures ever brought me around to his neck of the woods, to be sure to stop by and say hi. He gave me his phone number and address, and his parting words were particular: "We may have need for a brave adventurer in the near future if we can't solve our problem soon".
    Bdbcxey.png
    The storm was still raging outside, so I called our club members and told them that we wouldn't be meeting today. Instead I trudged over to the library to find a book on charisma. I did a little reading and was joined by Siobhan who didn't really seem all that interested in the book she was reading.
    NOySH7k.png
    I sat down at the chess table and tried to figure out the game better, but was soon completely board. My high-energy lifestyle makes it hard to slow down sometimes.
    9nOGPsf.png
    The storm was slowing down a bit, so I made my way to an ice-skating rink set up in the square. I was the only one willing to brave the snow, so I had the place to myself. There was something peaceful about skating silently in circles with the snow falling gently around me.
    u9Z0vWS.png
    My stomach reminded me that I hadn't eaten anything since this morning, so I slipped into the nearby nightclub and got more of those yummy fish and chips. I decided to eat on the upstairs balcony as I was enjoying the solitude of the snow.
    pbUpIhu.png
    With my belly full, I started to feel better and more energized, so I found an empty dance floor and jived for a few hours before calling it a night.
    QluhcfT.png
    When I returned home, I discovered my time spent in the library had earned me the Scholarly Aptitude badge, maybe I am cut out to go to college after all.
    gi9Fq9D.png
  • Options
    February - Day 18: "Great Balls of Fire!" Part Two - Dylan

MXvsm4p.png

Notes
    ExD01fN.png
    "Hey Cale, I just thought of another move Hunter and I made up. It's called 'The Hunter.' Wanna see it?"
    "Sure, the more moves the better."
    "Okay, are you gonna help me show him Hunter?"
    "Nah, I'm in the groove here Dude, you go ahead."
    "Alright, follow my lead Cale."

nfB7BPD.png
    "First, act like you're pulling back a bow string and staring intently at your prey, totally focused."

6Ys5grx.png
    "Next duck down like you're trying to avoid an arrow from the other guy."
    "Other guy? So, not like a deer or something?"
    "No, it's a duel between two vampires trying to kill each other with wooden arrows through the heart."

j3PWPd6.png
    "Finally, throw out your arms and give an arrogant look, like 'Ha! You missed me, you can't touch this. Try to look very smug."
    "Oh I love this! How'd you come up with it?"
    "Hunter was in a duel like this with another vampire. He was telling me about it, mimicking the fight. I thought it looked cool, so we added it to a routine we made up. Just for fun."
    "Wow okay. Never heard of a vamp duel like that."
    "It happened a long, long time ago, I'll tell you about it sometime."

ZWRfOz6.png
    At this point Cale was very hungry. I thought perhaps Aaron and Hunter might be hungry too, so he made a group meal of Chicken Stir Fry. Here's where a series of dumb things on my part almost caused me to lose Hunter. o.O

5EDiHf5.png
    First off, he's a vampire with a weak stomach, he shouldn't be eating food. I didn't know that and he got sick. Poor guy. I felt bad for him so decided to cheat to remove the nauseated moodlet. While I was at it, I decided to get rid of his 'fly like a bat' and switch it for speed run. Fly like a bat for vamps can be very annoying since they will do it even if they only need to go a few feet.

I couldn't just shift click on him to do that though, he needed to be part of the family. No biggie, I cheated to temporarily add him. Changed those things and then made a BIG mistake! I shift clicked on him again and chose 'remove from family.' Yeah, it removed him alright, he disappeared! I couldn't find him in his own household, he wasn't in 'not in world,' he wasn't in Aaron's household, he was just...gone! I panicked and was going to just not save and try again a different way. But it had been a long time since I'd saved. I would've had to play the entire day over again. Gah! Live and learn right?

Luckily in my panic I just happened to look out front and there he was, standing by the mailbox. *Whew* Shift clicked added him back to Cale's household then went to household management and put him back with Aaron where he belonged. Crisis averted!

oE9PGFz.png
    Hunter wasn't the only one out front, Dylan was also out there on his way to the front door. Yay! I've been trying to get these two to be friends for awhile now. Cale went outside to greet him while Aaron and Hunter did some dancing.

"Hey, I hear you're starting a club, right? I'm Dylan by the way."

UFR3QrL.png
    "Could you use another member? I was thinking it might be fun and a good way to meet others my own age since I just moved here."

9MhjTCD.png
    "Hey Dylan, nice to meet you. You look familiar to me for some reason... But anyway, joining would depend on a few things."
    "Like what?"

w84m72i.png
    "Can you dance? The club's not exclusively about dancing, but you'd probably have more fun with us if you can dance."
    "Oh yeah, I can dance, I got some sweet moves! What else?"
    "The other guys would have to approve you too. We're a team. Wanna come inside and meet them? We're in a meeting right now."
    "Well yeah, but it's not necessary. I already know them, Aaron told me about the club."
    "Ohhh, I was wondering how you heard about us. That's cool."

azmUHMy.png
    "Dylan! Hey Dude, glad you could make it. Sorry I forgot to tell you about him maybe stopping by Cale. We met in Mt. Komorebi."
    "Ohh, so that's where I've seen you before. Anyway, it's cool. The more the merrier!"

fI54mik.png
    I clicked to have them do a group dance, but I guess the dance floor is too small for more than three.

JMcKqYK.png
    Aaron stayed near the dance floor while Cale and Hunter did the routine and Dylan? I guess he's a rebel like Hunter. He went to get a book to read. Naughty boy! hehe

1jdDQCD.png
    He quickly put it away though and walked over to watch.

Gw5HDUP.png
    I think I'll need to figure out another place for their meetings or perhaps just meet at nightclubs so they can all practice and dance together. Especially once there is eight members.

ieI21NP.png
    Cale was really getting into the dancing thing. Hunter looks pumped for it too. But it's probably just the METAL music. hehe

4ViJ0or.png
    Dylan and Cale had a chat getting to know each other better.

JYlnzyt.png
    "So, will there be any hot chicks in this club?"
    "Nope, it's just for us guys to hang out and chill. But hey, we can impress the ladies when we dance in the nightclubs, right?"
    "I like the sound of that!"

zkenhZj.png
    Dylan wanted to show off some of his moves so they all danced together again.
    Cale was impressed.
    "Nice moves there Dylan, the ladies are gonna love you!"

ubz05GH.png
    "I hope so, you too."
    "Sounds like you have yourself a wingman Cale."

TMrVaL8.png
    "Does that mean I'm in?"
    "You're in Dude, without a doubt."
    "Awesome!"

I hope all this makes sense. Hubby and I both have very nasty colds, maybe even flu. But no fever, so probably not flu. Anyway, as a result I'm not 100%. My head is clogged and my thinking is kind of fuzzy because of it. Ugh, I won't torture you with the details. I hope all of you had a great day/night though! <3
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    February 19
    oops I did it again (and by that I mean I procrastinated again...and it's already past midnight... so um here's another non-story update lol)

*This daily image took way too long to set up :joy: But I thought it would be nice to have a posed pic of all of the club members now that we have the full 8 :smiley: Also yes I know I reused the same pose from my Feb 6 update :sweat_smile:
    exE1mUeP_o.jpg
    The content of this update was taken the day before I gave Robin her current makeover though, so she still has black hair and stuff here. (also I am really bad about remembering to do makeup in outfit categories other than everyday :joy: )
    wwNIXIY.png

And showing up at the discotheque today is Galatea's mother, Calypso! (created by Queenarella)
    P6uxrTG.png

Cale! Stop looking at Melissa like that, she has a girlfriend!
    Dgep82Q.png

So of course he switches his focus to Galatea...
    RLoonWz.png
    I never had him actually ask Aster to be his girlfriend and besides it is in character for him :joy:

Aaron finally got selfies with the final two club members
    nZ1i4hl.png
    pe2jUSB.png

And just because I wanted him to be friends with Regan, he got a selfie with her too :D
    Aoybuj3.png

Melissa came over after school one day and... hmm. I think I need to give her the Brave reward trait because this doesn't fit what I have in mind for her lol
    fLYdXa3.png
    vc3CYPi.png
    and just some extras that I liked :)
    zq49eCM.png
    s7rbHum.png
    RGyySLy.png
    Xpec2ws.png
    6W6O5C0.png
    TdF3hby.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
  • Options
    I might actually be about to pass out at my laptop but here are comments before I do lol

@Karababy52
    Feb 17: Haha that's quite a dramatic entrance there Hunter! Yeah I've set him to not automatically use bat form in my game because it's super annoying sometimes (so no I don't mind at all that you replaced it in yours :) )
    Electric Pickles :joy::joy: I have a stupid sense of humour so I actually love that one LOL
    Well I mean yeah every member of this club is going to be hot so it's certainly an apt name for them ;)
    Hunter, grabbing a book? What? Is he a secret bookworm in your game because he definitely isn't in mine :D
    I set videogames as one of Aaron's likes in CAS but he has never played on the console in my game ever lol. Sheesh! I raised you better than that Aaron! Good grief. Let him know that his original Watcher is disappointed in him and his reaction to losing :joy:
    METAL is probably my favourite sims radio station so I had to make it be one of Aaron's likes ;)

Feb 18: Oh I love that description of that dance move! Aaron looks like he's about to break his neck though LOL
    Oh, a vampire duel? (eheh my transition to Glimmerbrook might involve one of those...)
    Ah yeah I usually give most of my vampires the withered stomach weakness because it's one of the 'safest' weaknesses in my opinion, like it doesn't lead to huge relationship drops like Vlad's hissing weakness, or make them burn up in the sun faster, like Vlad's thin skinned weakness (see a theme here? lol). And vampires don't get sustenance from normal food anyway so it's no real loss (to me, anyway) because they aren't forced to eat it. I'm so glad you didn't lose him though!
    Oh hey Dylan! Cool that he'll be a part of the club too!
    Also I just need to say Hunter looks absolutely lovely in your game!

Oh also yes I would love to see what Aaron and Hunter's place in Windenburg looks like!
    Hope you're feeling better now too <3

@LegacySims2017
    Feb 17: Ooh I like the idea of a cafe at the Ancient Ruins!
    Ack of course he has to learn about Caitlin's reputation from people he's only just met... ouch.

@permanentrose
    Feb 18: Ugh Brandi already looks like bad news!
    I am crying at 'Caley-Waley' omg :joy:
    Poor Cale! Robin to the rescue again!
    I gather this isn't the last we'll see of Brandi though :grimace:

@RememberJoy
    Feb 18: Oh, sowing the seeds for StrangerVille with Ted there!
    Siobhan does seem very interested in Adam though ;):joy:
  • Options
    February 19

7EftEs1.jpg
    After Brandi left, Cale and Robin were both feeling rather exhausted and decided to put a movie on to decompress.
    97ENLge.jpg

ZzzzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZ
    650tzFK.jpg

Suddenly, Robin found herself at the Bluffs with a group of people who felt familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time.
    XckibEo.jpg
    N4ZS0eJ.png

But she's not too mad because there's a cute girl here who's SUPER into her ;)
    vkCmBGb.jpg

Oh yes, Gloria is here too because she's in a household with Melissa since I downloaded them at the same time, figured it would be fun to include her in Robin's life in this bizarre scenario she's found herself in.

"Do I know you?" Robin asked the girl.
    "You're my half sister, silly," she chuckled, giving Robin a strange look. Wait, what??
    cqv0RNu.png

Well, there wasn't much time to dwell on that, since Melissa was very distracting...
    vkCmBGb.jpg

Also, these two were up to some fun ;)
    2sjTNE1.jpg

"Do you think anyone saw us?"
    y7qj6Ap.jpg

"Who cares!"
    xOEcGf9.jpg
    xbeiRgx.jpg

"You're a mermaid too?!?!"
    lQgMj70.jpg

"I am indeed, cutie..."
    DNRPqPN.jpg

"Let's make some waves..." ;)
    wI8YGG5.jpg
    Jcc7pzM.jpg

No, no, no Gloria. Hunter is very unavailable.
    iFHdRVt.jpg

But here, have this boy instead :joy:
    GPMgipO.jpg

"My, my...look at that yummy body."
    UpudNvp.jpg

"You like what you see?"
    GQdPh46.jpg

"I do indeed..."
    ayF8xKL.jpg
    iQqxVEf.jpg

Meanwhile, Robin and Melissa shared a moment together, stargazing and enjoying each other's company, though Robin felt a tug from somewhere, and while she couldn't quite say why, she knew that she didn't belong here...
    zjuFmjk.jpg
    5ywoDGS.jpg

Suddenly, she was back on her couch with Cale.
    YpwzTYT.jpg

"Weird," she muttered. "I just had the most vivid dream..."

"So did I," Cale replied, scratching his head. "I was making out with a super cute girl...I think she was a vampire..." (This boy does have a thing for vampires :D)

"So was I," Robin chuckled. "But my cute girl was a mermaid."

And for a moment, they both held onto their sweet, strange dream before it faded away.

Cale sighed, leaning back on the couch. "Cute girls are gonna be the death of me..."

Robin's face broke out into a grin. "Dude, I'm right there with you..." Robin said, settling back into the couch. She was really glad that she had Cale in her life.
    rw7EW8Q.jpg

---
    I had the idea to do a dream/alternate universe after Robin got together with Melissa in @afai1261's game and figured that since they make such a cute couple, Robin should get to kiss her in my game too ;) So, this very poorly executed alternate universe/dream idea was born, because I'm desperate to make progress on this aspiration lol. Melissa is still floating around somewhere in my game, since I worry that if I delete her, it won't count for Robin's milestones, and I left Gloria in the save as well, though I cheated Robin's relationship bars with them back to zero, since this interaction technically didn't happen...

But of course as soon as Robin got home, despite having no relationship with Melissa, this happened :D
    vmcfboG.png

I mean, maybe it is a sign that they're supposed to end up together in my game too ;)

Robin is up to 6 kisses/relationships now. The end of this serial romantic aspiration is indeed in sight :)
  • Options
    Meant to add - it’s been a busy last few days and I’ve got a busy weekend too. I have finals next week and family coming into town that I haven’t seen in a while so comments might not be as consistent, sorry!
  • Options
    February 19th: Winterfest Eve

ckIOMg8.png
    After breakfast at the cafe, I held an early club meeting at the pool as Candy was hosting a dance party at 4 to celebrate Winterfest Eve. I led an energy centering yoga session to get us ready for a night of dancing.
    AZcTZL3.png
    At 4, we all headed over to the nightclub where Candy had rented the lower level for our party. The music was poppin' and we danced for hours.
    qsQrB0M.png
    PuzmDuS.png
    Near the end of the party, Candy waved me over and asked how my DJing was going. I told her I'd been practicing but I wasn't overly good yet. She smiled and asked if I'd like some practice in front of a crowd, as she needed to use the facilities. Before I could answer, she announced to the crowd that I was going to finish up the night for her, and with a wink she was gone. Speechless, I stepped up to the controls and started to play around; it wasn't great but the crowd seemed to not mind and kept on dancing.
    nc9Jt42.png
    As the night wore on, most of the crowd trickled out until it was just Gunther and one of The Clones left.
    2SeGyXP.png
    He was making me feel uncomfortable, so I called it a night even though Gunther seemed to be having a great time. I went up to the bar to grab some dinner, and found Sofia having a drink. She asked me if I had plans for Winterfest, and I told her I was going to visit Kaori and my daughter at their place.
    QaSoo9H.png
    She nodded and wished me a happy Winterfest before we parted ways.
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited March 2022
    Feb 11: A Visit To The Bluffs

THE-BLUFFS-COVER-SHOT.png
    Dylan woke up with a headache from the night before.

dylan-on-sunday.png

Dylan thinking: "Ugh! I should have just left the club when Sofia did. But then, I wouldn't have met that very cute sim named Veronica. All I remember was that we danced together and then went to a lower level...I didn't even know the club had a lower level. And I had felt an incredible urge to kiss her, which I somehow resisted and made it up the stairs and headed home. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Veronica again, because she seemed like such a sweet, caring sim. I don't think Veronica goes to my school. Maybe I'll see her again at the Dance-Off Contest, as she said she belonged to a Dance Crew. That would be cool."

sitting-enjoying-his-grilled-cheese.png

Dylan used his stove (for the first time) and made some grilled cheese. (without a fire!) It turned out pretty good. And while eating his sandwich, thought about Veronica, Sofia and Morgan. He laughed, "Geez...there were a lot of hotties living in Windenburg..."

tending-his-garden-sun.png

It was a nice day, and Dylan tended his garden, which he hadn't done for a few days. While he was doing that, he received a text from Sofia. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to show him around the island today, as her mother was taking her and her sister into the city to do some shopping. She would be gone all day. Dylan was rather sad that he wouldn't be seeing Sofia again, but understood and texted her to have a fun time and they would do it another day.

he-got-a-text-from-sofia-she-couldnt-make-it-today.png

Dylan stood there a moment afterwards and figured that since he had wanted to explore the island today anyway, that he would still go. He would plan to go another day with Sofia and ride around together. Plus, he had purchased a new camera on plopsy, and since it was a sunny day, it would be great to get some scenic photos. He headed inside, packed up a small lunch, and headed off to the ferry.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

dylan-at-the-island.png

Dylan arrived at the island and after the ferry left, just stood at the dock looking out at the water. It was so beautiful here. He was glad he had decided to explore today.

photo-taking-on-isle-1.png

Dylan walked along the shoreline, taking some photos along the way.

THE-ISLAND-SCENIC-SHOT.png

PHOTO-TAKING-ON-ISLAND-2.png

villareal-house-on-the-iusland.png

There were some beautiful houses here, but he wasn't sure which one Sofia lived in. As he hiked along, he was getting quite warm, and sat on a rock and took a sip of water from his water bottle. Thank goodness he had brought one along, as there didn't seem to be any food stands around here.

He glanced up and thought he saw an opening in a nearby bramble patch. He decided to explore.

some-type-of-opening.png

dylan-decided-to-explore.png

He carefully picked his way through the brush, even though some twigs did scratch his arms. He made it through, and came upon an opening that looked like some ancient ruins. Although these ruins were quite different from the ancient ruins he had camped near on his first night in Windenburg.

Dylan saw what looked like a bonfire set up and he headed over.

a-bonfire-and-ruin-shot.png

Dylan thinking: "Sims must come here if this bonfire has been set up. Maybe to party," he thought seeing some empty beer cans in the grass.

the-bluffs.png

He looked around and noticed some grafitti on the ruin walls. He shook his head and thought what a shame it was for sims to have done that and destroy a piece of history. The ruins were tall, and looked like the remains of a fortress. Perhaps some type of castle had stood here once. It would have been an ideal spot with the high cliffs a deterrent for any enemies approaching. Dylan took a photo of the ruin wall, and continued to explore.

THE-POOL-AT-THE-BLUFFS.png

More ruins, pillars and crumbled stairs, and a pool...surrounded by rocks. Some steps had been chiseled into a taller rock, and it almost looked like a diving platform. He bent down and touched the water and it was warm. Maybe a natural spring, like the Onsen in Mt. Komorebi.

at-the-bluffs.png

Dylan took another photo.

he-thought-he-saw-sometthing.png

yes-its-emily.png

He continued walking towards the cliffs and decided to take a water shot. When he took the photo, he thought he saw something swimming in the water. But when he looked again, it was gone. It was probably just a wave.

AT-THE-BLUFFS-DYLAN.png

Dylan was walking towards the ruin walls and suddenly he heard a splash. Was there something in that water? Maybe some fish?

suddenly-dylan-heard-a-splash.png

As he moved closer to the pool, he saw a sim swimming in the water. It was Morgan!

Dylan smiled and quietly watched her and then spoke: "Well, sul sul! I had heard rumors that a mermaid was seen swimming in these waters, but I didn't know that the mermaid was you..."*

oh-hello.png

Morgan was surprised that anyone was there and she accidentally swallowed some water and sputtered, "Dylan! What....what are you doing here?"

Dylan smiled, "Just exploring the island a bit and I found this place," he replied waving his arm.

Morgan: "Oh...it's called The Bluffs. I come here from time to time when I want to be alone..."

Dylan: "You want to be alone? And I was just thinking of coming in there with you for a swim. The weather has certainly turned rather hot...." he said taking off his sweater, "And I already felt the water, so I know it's warm..."

Morgan: "Well...I...I'm not wearing a bathing suit..."

Dylan raised an eyebrow, "Oh really? So you're....um..."

Morgan interrupting him before he finished, "I'm...I'm in my bra and panties....not what you're thinking..."

Dylan: "Well...I really wasn't sure...because it's hard to see in that water..." he replied trying to peer in the water at her.

Morgan felt herself blush.

Dylan: "So, what do you think? May I join you? I'll wear my skivvies...so we will both be in our underwear..."

Morgan turned her head away, "Do as you wish..."

morgan-in-the-pool-at-the-bluffs.png

Dylan quickly slid his pants down and then jumped in the water. He then swam to where Morgan was threading water.

you-dont-mind-if-i-join-you-do-you.png

Dylan: "Ah...now that felt good...."

Morgan: "The water is much warmer here than at Bathe de Rill, which is a swimming pool in town. I think this is a natural spring. I always imagined it was like a Roman Bath or something...when this used to be a castle..."

what-are-you-doing-here-morgan.png

Dylan: "Yes, I saw it and thought it looked like a natural spring, as well. When I lived in Mt. Komorebi, I used to visit the Onsen there, which is a natural spring, but there is protocol before you enter the Onsen, and you have to shower first. I kind of like the idea of just jumping right in the water. Don't you agree?"

Morgan: "Yes, I like that. In fact, there's even a diving platform over there..."

Dylan: "And will you be doing any diving today?" he asked gazing at her intently.

Morgan: "Well...um...when I am alone I do...but, no...not now..."

Dylan: "I'm sorry to have spoiled your fun."

you-come-in-the-water-you-get-splashed.png

Morgan splashed him then, "Actually you didn't spoil my fun...I'm glad you're here..."

hey-no-fair.png

Dylan splashed Morgan back and laughed, "...And I'm glad you're here too..."

i-have-to-go-see-you-tonight.png

They swam for a bit and chatted in the water and then Dylan saw Morgan shiver.

Dylan: "Are you cold? Do you want to get out?"

Morgan: "Well...actually I do...but...would you mind turning your back while I get out? I just...I just..."

would-it-be-okay-if-you-turned-around.png

Dylan winked at her, "Oh right! Forgot what you were wearing there for a second...no problem...it seems to have gotten a bit colder from when I first got in..."

Dylan swam to the side and stood with his back to her.

Morgan: "No peeking now..." she said, and then looked at Dylan standing there dripping wet in his skivvies. Morgan thinking, "Oh my gosh! I never knew Dylan was built like that! He's HOT!"

all-the-way-around.png

Dylan: "It never even entered my mind," he answered as he caught a glimpse of Morgan getting out. Dylan thought, "Geez! Morgan is pretty sexy...and she's wearing lace undies...wow!"

ph-wow-look-at-her.png

Morgan grabbed a towel from her pack, and wrapped it around her, "Alright, you can look now..."

Dylan walked towards her and laughed, "You know, I didn't really think this through when I jumped in the water. You don't happen to have a spare towel on you, do you?"

maybe-we-can-come-here-again-in-our-swmsuits.png

Morgan rummaged through her pack and handed him a towel, "I always bring two, because I like to lay out and sunbathe a bit..." she said as she looked away.

Dylan: "Thanks, I appreciate it..." he said as he dried his hair and then wrapped the towel around his waist, "There, I think I am decent now..."

Morgan turned to him, "Yeah...sure...you are..." she stammered realizing she was looking at his muscles.

Dylan: "I...um...brought a sack lunch if you'd like to join me..." he said.

Morgan: "That would be nice...swimming always gives me an appetite..."

Dylan gave her an admiring glance, "Me, too..."

thanks-for-the-towel.png

They sat on a stone slab and ate together and chatted.

Dylan: "This is a really secluded place. A lot of history here. A nice place to just come and think about things..."

Morgan: "Yeah...no-one ever comes here when I am here...well...except today...it's sort of my little escape..."

Dylan: "Your escape? What are you escaping from, if you don't mind my asking..."

Morgan: "Yeah...it's okay. I can talk about it. I don't particularly get along with my older sister. She's so...shallow...all she cares about is her stupid club, the Paragons, and how she looks...and what designer clothes she is going to buy...and...oh...we're just so different...she just drives me crazy...so when I can, I come here to kind of...calm down..."

hey-dylan-i-wanted-to-say-thanks-again-for-having-me-part-of-the-chain-breakers.png

Dylan looked at her and saw how riled up Morgan was, "I get that. I don't have any brothers or sisters...but, sometimes...I get in these moods...you know...and just want to vent at the world...and I understand about needing to escape," he said looking off in the distance, "...I've had to do that...a few times...sometimes I just want to forget the world I'm in...and escape...sometimes I even want to be someone else..."

Morgan was peering at him strangely, "So...is that why you came to Windenburg, Dylan? To escape?"

Dylan looked at Morgan in shock wondering how she had picked up on that, "Oh..no...no...I applied as an exchange student...just wanted to see the world...you know...I like to travel..."

Morgan just looked at him and suddenly tickled him (autonomously), "Maybe I'll have to tickle the truth out of you..."

morgan-tickles-dylan.png

Dylan laughing and trying to stop her: "Hey stop! Stop! That's...oh gosh...stop! You found my secret ticklish spot!"

Morgan and Dylan had a good laugh together.

Dylan looked at Morgan and then looked at the time: "Wow! Can't believe the whole morning is gone. I have to head out and get ready for Scouts. You coming?"

Morgan: "No...I'm not going to Scouts today. I just want to stay here a bit longer..."

um-i-have-to-go-see-you-later.png

Dylan nodded his head, "I...I would stay here, too...but...well, Wolfgang and I are working on a Scout badge together...so I kind of have a commitment. Will I...will I see you tonight at our Chain Breakers meeting? I'm pretty excited about what Jade's friend comes up with for our dance costumes..."

Morgan: "Oh most definitely. I will be there! And, Dylan...thanks again for accepting me into the Dance Crew...I think it might become my new "escape", especially since the weather is changing and I won't be able to come here much longer..."

Dylan put his clothes back on and handed Morgan the towel, "Yeah...I think that Dance Crew might be my new "escape", too. Maybe...maybe we could come here another day...together...before the weather changes...and...you know...bring our swimsuits the next time..."

Morgan bit her lip and laughed, "That would be nice..."

turned-to-look-at-morgan-who-was-looking-at-him.png

Dylan waved good bye and headed off towards the entrance. He turned and saw her standing there looking after him, and hesitated for a moment. He didn't really want to leave. It would be nice to stay here with Morgan...maybe light that bonfire and cuddle up together. Stare into those beautiful green eyes and caress her cheek. Hold her close...oh so very close. He had never met anyone like her, and he was falling for Morgan, big time. Oh Geez! He really had to go.

I-THINK-I-SAW-SOMETHING-OUT-THERE.png

The only thing that propelled him forward through those brambles, was knowing that he would see Morgan again tonight. And tonight couldn't come fast enough.

morgan-face-thinking-of-duylan.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

* Of course we all know that Robin is the real mermaid, and had indeed gone swimming in the pool.

I was pretty excited because Dylan took a photo of "Emily" with his new camera and it is now framed, hanging on his wall. I have tried this before, but sims are always too slow to get the camera out and Emily is only there for a few minutes. So, yeah, that was pretty cool.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    @Shadami me too! I think I'm 14 days behind or 13 I don't know what day I left off at. I've been going to work coming home and just falling asleep lol
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @Carebear92 I completely understand :] We just need to get to it when we can ^^
    Feb 11th - Velma Rebel
    dUZCdiy.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top