Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They Are stealing my Plants!

DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
Bad enough that Sims will come over and eat your food (though you get yelled at for doing the same)

But I just caught Grim - Grim! of all people - stealing my flowers after he reaped my cat.

How long as this been going on? Is it a bug or a feature?

Edit for clarity - I mean he harvested my plants, and they didn't end up in my household inventory.
Post edited by DaWaterRat on

Comments

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2022
    Maybe they thought it was something else 🤣 on serious note that must be annoying, have you got eco lifestyle pack installed?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Do you have any NAPs active?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    musteni wrote: »

Nope. I have them turned off.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    If you're going to steal something, steal something that will make you more money in the future...

Wait! It was Grim Reaper?

The only thing I can think of is maybe that pesky "Sharing is Caring" NAP is active. You can check them by clicking on your mailbox.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    If you're going to steal something, steal something that will make you more money in the future...

Wait! It was Grim Reaper?

The only thing I can think of is maybe that pesky "Sharing is Caring" NAP is active. You can check them by clicking on your mailbox.

I edited it for a little bit of clarity. He harvested the flowers on my sim's porch. And no, they didn't end up in my household inventory either.

I suspected a ghost did something similar a few days ago, but I didn't actually see it. This time I caught the NPC sim in the act (but not in time to get a screen shot.)
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Why a plant 🤔
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Was it a death flower? Or was it all plants?

Catnip, roses, chrysanthemums, and Dahlias.

No death Flowers.
    Oh. I thought at least since it was Grim that might make sense. 🤔 But I guess not. 🤷
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Bad enough that Sims will come over and eat your food (though you get yelled at for doing the same)
    But I just caught Grim - Grim! of all people - stealing my flowers after he reaped my cat.
    Edit for clarity - I mean he harvested my plants, and they didn't end up in my household inventory.

He did that in my game too! He showed up to reap the family cow and then detoured to the garden to steal ALL of the harvestables. ALL of them!! That garden has one of every single harvestable in the game (grafted so that it's fewer plants) and he tried to harvest them all.

I have since built a fence around both garden areas and set the gates to household-only. Because other visitors were doing it too, not just Grimmy.

I suspect the NAP that encourages people to love gardening is at play with just how much everyone wanted to go steal my harvestables. Do you have that NAP active too, @DaWaterRat?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    Stormkeep wrote: »

He did that in my game too! He showed up to reap the family cow and then detoured to the garden to steal ALL of the harvestables. ALL of them!! That garden has one of every single harvestable in the game (grafted so that it's fewer plants) and he tried to harvest them all.

I have since built a fence around both garden areas and set the gates to household-only. Because other visitors were doing it too, not just Grimmy.

I suspect the NAP that encourages people to love gardening is at play with just how much everyone wanted to go steal my harvestables. Do you have that NAP active too, @DaWaterRat?
    musteni wrote: »

Nope. I have them turned off.

Everyone keeps asking this. Lol
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member

Catnip, roses, chrysanthemums, and Dahlias.

No death Flowers.

He was just considerate and wanted to take some catnip on the go for your sim's cat's journey to the afterlife!
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I was suspicious of visitors, because they'd get a flower thought bubble and do the harvesting motion, but it was usually after I'd harvested for the day so I didn't worry about it.

Fortunately, the Plasma fruit trees, Forgotten Hollow plants, and really valuable flowers are down in the basement hot house which is locked for household only (and only accessible by ladder)
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I was suspicious of visitors, because they'd get a flower thought bubble and do the harvesting motion, but it was usually after I'd harvested for the day so I didn't worry about it.

Fortunately, the Plasma fruit trees, Forgotten Hollow plants, and really valuable flowers are down in the basement hot house which is locked for household only (and only accessible by ladder)

It's kinda insane we have to put all of our harvestables under lock and key. :lol:
    I don't remember this being a huge problem in the past, but it really is a big problem in my game now. Literally all of my households have their growables behind locked doors or gates now.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member

Considering the original meaning of "to reap" in terms of harvesting, that's so oddly appropriate. But I'm sorry it happened to you.

Catnip, roses, chrysanthemums and dahlias though!?

Of course I'm reading into things but wouldn't it be amazing if this were done to a purpose? Catnip is obvious, roses for love (and sorrow if dark red), chrysanthemums to honor a long life, and dahlias for grace under pressure.

What a touching tribute to your kitty that would be as an arrangement, even if I am just imagining it to be the case.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    I haven't noticed people harvesting my stuff. Sometimes visitors will water my plants, or weed them, but nobody's tried to actually harvest them. That's bizarre!!
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Oh, this happens more than you know. Once a lot reaches a certain value, random townies, often sims with the kleptomaniac trait, will visit your lot too.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Maybe he just likes reaping? With a shortage of souls and long grass, he goes for the next best thing...
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

Harvesting plants is probably just as normal as an NPC going to play video games on a computer in your played Sim's home, or whatever... eating food, running on the treadmill...

Hate to ruin the 'magic' of the game, but it's probably in the programming of things they do autonomously.
    To me, I like role-playing it. ;)

"Grim! What are you doing?!"
    "Uhh, welll... these are needed, yeah... needed in the uhh, afterlife world..."
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    Maybe he just likes reaping? With a shortage of souls and long grass, he goes for the next best thing...

Now we definitely have to get corn or wheat plantables in the game, so Grim has something productive to do in his off-duty time. :)
    Kironide wrote: »
    StuffyMarx wrote: »

Now we definitely have to get corn or wheat plantables in the game, so Grim has something productive to do in his off-duty time. :)

Pretty close to that already in "Cottage Living". :D
    Maybe Grim can grow and reap some giant mushrooms though?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I like the idea that Grim was sending flowers to cat afterlife. Sounds like a bug though. I have not had the problem with Grim in my game and he took three of my chickens and I have a good size garden next to the coop.
    I like the idea that Grim was sending flowers to cat afterlife. Sounds like a bug though. I have not had the problem with Grim in my game and he took three of my chickens and I have a good size garden next to the coop.

It's not a bug, it's just one of the funny things that happens in this game. ;)

I mean Grim started cleaning one of my Sim's houses. Took out the trash, washed the dirty dishes.

If Grim was cooler, as in old-school, haha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA5ryowAyLk
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    edited February 2022
    I once got the “Hello Darkness My Old Chum” achievement, which you get by befriending the Grim Reaper. I don’t remember which Sim befriended him, but I’m pretty sure whoever it was had a positive reputation and the Incredibly Friendly reward trait so that befriending others happens incredibly fast.

I got a good screenshot in Sims 3 once, of the Grim Reaper in my Sims’ swimming pool. He showed up quite a bit because zombies would spawn on a full moon and they’d often be Elders, and would subsequently die on my family’s lot. The best occasion, though, was when a member of the paparazzi died on my Sim’s doorstep, only for her (my Sim, not the dead paparazzi of course) to go into labour! It was quite funny having the Grim Reaper freaking out over it. This again was Sims 3.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Ive had people do this too but for some reason when I go into the household inventory all the harvestables are there. Like they had nothing better to do but pick my flowers and then hand them back...eh!